• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I have zero faith in Steve. No one with solid credibility has vouched for him, his name only really started floating around because of Vergeben's Minecraft confusion and the never-ending parade of 4chan ****posters. We have multiple sources of higher credibility saying they've heard Banjo is coming, so I'm putting all my bets on him.

Steve in my opinion is a horrible pick as a fighter and Minecraft should be represented in the same way Monster Hunter is; no fighter, but instead something else iconic to the series.
Who are these sources of high credibility? With all due respect, Indie Gamer Chick and papagenos are dubious at best.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Verge only said that Minecraft content would be in smash, never did he said it would be Steve as a fighter. Even then, I’m pretty sure he backpedaled anyway saying it was a boss after the game came out or was about to.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Who are these sources of high credibility? With all due respect, Indie Gamer Chick and papagenos are dubious at best.
I heard that a different person- their name started with an R -also said Banjo was coming to Smash. He's not only somebody with a solid track record but also apparently someone who was not a fan of Rare and therefore had no reason to leak information otherwise. I'm still trying to find truth in that claim though.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Verge only said that Minecraft content would be in smash, never did he said it would be Steve as a fighter. Even then, I’m pretty sure he backpedaled anyway saying it was a boss after the game came out or was about to.
He also said it could be a Fighter at some point, and to not be surprised if it was. He had no real information beyond "it has content" at that point. He didn't backpedal by saying it was a boss. More accurately, he released new information after confirming what exact content it was, which was the boss thing.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
That's just it. They're of higher credibility. :p
Uh huh. Well, unlike those other two, Verg has actually been right when it comes to Smash.

I'm not saying you need to believe him, but bias can really give a slanted view of credibility.

I heard that a different person- their name started with an R -also said Banjo was coming to Smash. He's not only somebody with a solid track record but also apparently someone who was not a fan of Rare and therefore had no reason to leak information otherwise. I'm still trying to find truth in that claim though.
It's easy to cozy up to people who tell us what we want to hear. But doing that doesn't usually go hand in hand with objectivity.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
>all that hubbub in the Smash community about swordsmen
>meanwhile one of the newest Pokémon games is literally called "Sword"

Anyone else besides me found this funny in a cosmic way?
Hey You! You think this is funny?!

In a cosmic sort of way, yes.

Well mr. funny man... is this how you get your sick kicks?!

What it's just an ordinary fighter pa- OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!

*remaining 4 dlc characters are all Pokemon wielding swords*

Sakurai!!!!

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Hey You! You think this is funny?!

In a cosmic sort of way, yes.

Well mr. funny man... is this how you get your sick kicks?!

What it's just an ordinary fighter pa- OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!

*remaining 4 dlc characters are all Pokemon wielding swords*

Sakurai!!!!
Aegislash would be pretty neat tbh.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
He actually said it wasn't a character and it was a boss at some point... I think the Hitagi thing is what makes people think Steve is coming, although he admitted his information was wrong.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Let's be hoenst here, things that have been heard by verge for mooooooooooonths ago such as Star fox GP and Minecraft content in smash might just be red herring or leakbait that was spread around to pick up bad weed (insiders leaking) within the company. Literally anything that has come true has not taken anywhere this long to get confirmed. So yeah i think that might as well be just fake. If anything, if minecraft content was somehow spotted that long ago, it's definitely not a character, maybe it's related to a stage builder mode that was in early faces or who knows. But yeah, I wouldn't think of it at this point anymore, it's most likely and surely fake like anything that has taken this long to get confirmed, meanwhile true stuff didn't take anywhere this long to get confirmed.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Let's be hoenst here, things that have been heard by verge for mooooooooooonths ago such as Star fox GP and Minecraft content in smash might just be red herring or leakbait that was spread around to pick up bad weed (insiders leaking) within the company. Literally anything that has come true has not taken anywhere this long to get confirmed. So yeah i think that might as well be just fake. If anything, if minecraft content was somehow spotted that long ago, it's definitely not a character, maybe it's related to a stage builder mode that was in early faces or who knows. But yeah, I wouldn't think of it at this point anymore, it's most likely and surely fake like anything that has taken this long to get confirmed, meanwhile true stuff didn't take anywhere this long to get confirmed.
Even if Steve was a character, how would verge or anyone for that matter know about it way back in june? When joker was revealed he didn't have a model

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
They added a banjo sound to the Minecraft noteblocks.

There's still no steel drums, but this is an improvement.

No one has looked at/voted on my Banjo-Kazooie Mash-Up Pack suggestion, am sad.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
They added a banjo sound to the Minecraft noteblocks.

There's still no steel drums, but this is an improvement.

No one has looked at/voted on my Banjo-Kazooie Mash-Up Pack suggestion, am sad.
I tried to vote for the pack but the sign in feature bugs out on me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I tried to vote for the pack but the sign in feature bugs out on me.
That's okay, it's just there are a lot of people already active in r/minecraftsuggestions and no one there has looked at the post I put there, one person may have even downvoted since it went to 0. It was only one person, though, it just seems disappointing.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I don't think that they will outright put the likes of Mario and Pokemon on the XBox.

Quick Gaming (QG)

Smash Lord
I wish more people realized this. Nintendo let their golden goose get away

As much as we hate what ms did to rare, it would of been a whole lot worse with activition
And see that’s where I disagree. Based on what happened with Spyro and Crash, we probably would have gotten remasters already

D

Deleted member

Nah, that was as far as the interaction went. I can only assume that she’s following me because I happen to be a content creator on YouTube that she’s a fan of (although I’d prefer to keep my identity private)
Ok but her still being scilent is big

Also why would she also follow papagenos?

Ok but her still being scilent is big

Also why would she also follow papagenos?
I agree, between that and removing her tweets it makes it seem like she was contacted and told to be silent. And about following PapaGenos, maybe she was already following him before? She seems to be a regular person who happens to do video game stuff for a living

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I agree, between that and removing her tweets it makes it seem like she was contacted and told to be silent. And about following PapaGenos, maybe she was already following him before? She seems to be a regular person who happens to do video game stuff for a living
At this point I doubt that IGC will spill anymore beans since even the smallest word can spark a mess of wild speculation.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Silence is golden. Speaking of which is MS or rare talking at all?
Last we established is that Rare/some staff members have gone radio silent.

That means one of two things

1. Nothing at all and they are ignoring the subject
2. Banjo is in Smash in some form.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Last we established is that Rare/some staff members have gone radio silent.

That means one of two things

1. Nothing at all and they are ignoring the subject
2. Banjo is in Smash in some form.
So it either means something, or it means nothing.

Glad we’ve narrowed it down.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Blinx the Time Sweeper was developped by Artoon
Welp, now I can see why he doesn't get much support, those guys haven't given the Yoshi series any great shakes.

So it either means something, or it means nothing.

Glad we’ve narrowed it down.
Seems to me like no companies are going to willingly talk about Smash until the DLC cycle is completely over.

Last edited:
Top Bottom