• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie Mafia: Grunty's Back! Game Over! Did Grunty win in the end?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Orbo, that describes most of us. Non smart people generally don't play Mafia. Also the fact that you are smart doesn't exclude Maven being smarter. And you might be smarter while Maven is better at Mafia. Point is sneakytako is a bit of a putz for pulling our the "compare brain sizes" post
I once knew a truck driver that played Mafia on his phone. On the site he played he lynched scum D1 ~60% of the time and won ~70% of the games where he was town. The data was mined from games over the course of 3 years.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Orbo, that describes most of us. Non smart people generally don't play Mafia. Also the fact that you are smart doesn't exclude Maven being smarter. And you might be smarter while Maven is better at Mafia. Point is sneakytako is a bit of a putz for pulling our the "compare brain sizes" post
Mynpoint was he cant call us stupid lil

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Okay the award for best reaction to post 558 goes to Rake
I'm never going to breathe again X'D

Maven89

Smash Master
Ok, wow

I don't know where people are coming up with the "maven is great at mafia" stuff, cause there's...nothing to establish that. I've done well but I've never led a team to victory in any game I've played. Also I've barely played this game so I'm curious where people are getting that from? I barely did anything last day but say the same things Orbo/Rake said, I just happened to post it first. So get the "maven is great" stuff out of your head, cause while I enjoyed seeing it, and masturbated to it a little, it's not true.

@sneakytako , I 100% comprehend where you're coming from, the problem is 1. You're not 100% confirmed town, and 2. Being confirmed town doesn't make you right. So you being town doesn't automatically mean we have to bow down and follow what you say, because all that really happened is no one has an excuse not to read you as town. Which means all we can assume is that your read on others are honest, not that they're accurate, and so putting yourself into a sort of litmus test position isn't really helpful. Also you came in really strong with a "this is it, you have to accept it" attitude, which most people just go against automatically due to their own pride. I've noticed this because I've also come in going "alight shut up, Maven's running this now" and it's never worked out.

So by hiding your reasons (which we can assume you're not lying about) is actually hurting us cause you're the one person people can be pretty positive isn't trying to fool them. Keeping this up will probably just result in people ignoring you and playing the game outside of what you're talking about, which is not good because again our main town read is isolated.

Ok, so that's out of the way

ffs that isn't a thing you can do. You are asking people to make your arguments for you when, insofar, you actually have none. I'm pretty sure Rake is town, and your "Hmm, maybe I can trick them into thinking up an argument against this person for me" shtick is bull, and I'm calling you on it.

Vote: Sneakytako

Post yer damn arguments or we lynch you. And if we don't lynch you, we lynch rake, he flips town, and then we lynch you and your bs.
Did you really think he was scum at this post? I have real trouble trying to rationalize this vote

Also, Generic, care to elaborate on your defense of Bardull and why you assumed Sneaky was the liar at the end of Day 1? While I agree he's not 100% confirmed town, I'd put it at an 80% and really don't understand how you can rationalize voting him.

I also really hate you even suggested "lynch rake then you afterwards"

Maven89

Smash Master
And yeah, I'm surprised no one brougth up Generic at all this day? If there's something I'm missing let me know

Maven89

Smash Master
His defense of Bard at the end of the day and his attempt to get people to lynch SneakyTako even after Bard changed his role claim

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I'll look back at it once i get back to my room.
Full battery capabilities are mine, should be much better off from now on

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Rake: Obviously trying to feel out the newbies. First post was aimed at the people who confirmed in thread; aka Moose.
Second post was questions aimed at me but by the time I saw them he was focused on Moose, so I let him forget about them and observed. Seeing as he's feeling out alignments he's either town or trying to act the part. Null.
Bardiculous: Seems to be posting but not quite contributing. Got nothing but gut feeling for him right now, and it's leaning towards Mafia. But based on pure facts, Null.
MooseyDoosey: Impulsive. Hotheaded. Downright stupid at times. But the strongest town read I have. Or a darn good Mafia. Town.
RadicalRat: Fairly good player from what I've seen and unreadable. Null.
Orboknown: Also a very middle of the road Switzerland player. Don't trust him at all. Null.
Generichandle: See RadicalRat.
Gheb_01,Thekingofkoopas,Maven89, SneakyTako: Fairly inactive. Null.
Zaixl: Confirmed Mafia kill him in the face
what made your gut lean bardscum here?
Moosy is wildly swinging at anything that moves. This could be interpreted positively or negatively. Slight town lean, but that could change.

Gheb seems desperate to cut the Day short... Slight scum lean.

Rake is janky. Null.

Bardull... I don't see the scum, but I don't see the town, either. Null.

Zaixl puts out solid town content. Town.

Anyone want to hear my thoughts on another given player?
what made moose swinging town here over scum?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Ok, wow

I don't know where people are coming up with the "maven is great at mafia" stuff, cause there's...nothing to establish that. I've done well but I've never led a team to victory in any game I've played. Also I've barely played this game so I'm curious where people are getting that from? I barely did anything last day but say the same things Orbo/Rake said, I just happened to post it first. So get the "maven is great" stuff out of your head, cause while I enjoyed seeing it, and masturbated to it a little, it's not true.

@sneakytako , I 100% comprehend where you're coming from, the problem is 1. You're not 100% confirmed town, and 2. Being confirmed town doesn't make you right. So you being town doesn't automatically mean we have to bow down and follow what you say, because all that really happened is no one has an excuse not to read you as town. Which means all we can assume is that your read on others are honest, not that they're accurate, and so putting yourself into a sort of litmus test position isn't really helpful. Also you came in really strong with a "this is it, you have to accept it" attitude, which most people just go against automatically due to their own pride. I've noticed this because I've also come in going "alight shut up, Maven's running this now" and it's never worked out.

So by hiding your reasons (which we can assume you're not lying about) is actually hurting us cause you're the one person people can be pretty positive isn't trying to fool them. Keeping this up will probably just result in people ignoring you and playing the game outside of what you're talking about, which is not good because again our main town read is isolated.

Ok, so that's out of the way

Did you really think he was scum at this post? I have real trouble trying to rationalize this vote

Also, Generic, care to elaborate on your defense of Bardull and why you assumed Sneaky was the liar at the end of Day 1? While I agree he's not 100% confirmed town, I'd put it at an 80% and really don't understand how you can rationalize voting him.

I also really hate you even suggested "lynch rake then you afterwards"
I'll respond to this after something (in-thread) I'm waiting for happens.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Can't find the specific post, but someone commented on Moosy's wild swinging before me, saying it made bad mafia play. Same reasoning.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Now, then. Obviously everyone should be pressured at some point, but as of right now my investigation priority is as follows:
Moosy
Bardul
Gheb
Rake
Rat.
Why were rake and rat here?
I repeat; RVS. All leans/tells are assumption, which I addressed in like my second post by attempting to push a no lynch.
That being said I'm also taking into consideration Moosy's newness. Based upon what I have, I believe he's town. Doesn't mean my mind can't be changed, doesn't mean it's a particularly strong feeling, doesn't mean I'm right. But it does mean that is my current thoughts. Give me a reason to lean scum or move on.
does this still stand

Orboknown

Smash Hero
I say we feed Gheb a lunch and if he turns out to be townie give Bard some leftovers.
Gheb first cause he's irritating tbh
And it would make Bard our biggest target day two at the very least. Consideration for role claims and other stuff of course but for now I feel like this is safest
Dislike this reasoning here,as its basically a "pop a ml and swing out to the bus" feel, plus the usage of the word safe bugs me. Safe lynches are usually lynches mafia wants.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Can't find the specific post, but someone commented on Moosy's wild swinging before me, saying it made bad mafia play. Same reasoning.
Okay, guess I'll just have to wait on the answer to that then
Also
Rake, you feel dat chacotaco there vs bardull could be a hella bus attempt?

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Fair in rat
threAd control isnt jecessarily a scummy thing and there are olayers (ryker swiss ee adum etc) who try to grab it or just acquire it though sheer force of charisma/will. Its a null things imo mostly

Zaixl

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3711-9422-4918
Dude those are way old
But still
-Gut feelings are just I have a vague feeling about a player, no basis for explanation
-I still feel Moosy is town even though he's pushing my lynch (only I get to do that)
-Yeah, my Gheb/Bard push was stupid

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Dude those are way old
But still
-Gut feelings are just I have a vague feeling about a player, no basis for explanation
-I still feel Moosy is town even though he's pushing my lynch (only I get to do that)
-Yeah, my Gheb/Bard push was stupid
Really? Then what's this:

I honestly don't see where you're going with Rake. I'm getting null reads on everyone but my gut suspects Generichandle, Orboknown, Moosy, and Zaixl.
*Shrug*

RadicalRat

Smash Journeyman
Here's what I see:

"Look, I claimed Town AND killed a Mafia!!! I'm confirmed Town now so do as I say!"

That sounds scummy to me. It sounds like Sneaky and Bard planned this so Sneaky could try to take control of the crowd and lynch a Townie today. I do have to say it was an awfully risky play if this is the case, but really?

If you're suddenly confirmed Town @sneakytako ( Which I might add, you are NOT ), why do you insist on sending other people to dig up evidence for you?

Quote some posts and stop acting like you're the Mayor because you lynched a Mafia Goon.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Or twelve hpurs could pass by withput a post i guess.
I have an early day at work so ill craxk at this in a few hours

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Also
Aight. So, no, I didn't/don't think he's scum, and I wasn't actually aiming to lynch him with the vote. I wasn't actually as upset as I sounded, either. I wanted to see how he reacted.

He's, mmm, 75% town, the 25% coming from his bardul shenanigans and his whole confirmation bias/make my arguments for me schtick.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
*twiddles thumbs*

I'm bored.

Maven89 Maven89 You've been really quiet this game. What is your read on Rake?

Maven89

Smash Master
Null, from memory based on Day 1 he's less likely to be scum based on Bardull's flip but I'm planning to read up again to figure it out

Generic, what was the event you were waiting for before you answered?

@sneakytako what where your reasons for Rake?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Null, from memory based on Day 1 he's less likely to be scum based on Bardull's flip but I'm planning to read up again to figure it out

Generic, what was the event you were waiting for before you answered?

@sneakytako what where your reasons for Rake?
I wanted to see if/when Tako would change his mind, but frankly, I'm bored and I'd like to see some activity here.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Also
the real qu8estions is if bardull was aware or smart enough to think ahead and plan such a elaborate gambit just tto try and get sneaky what is arguably just a little bit better position in terms of thread likeability. Like, I feel like he'd have to think that people would oppose sneaky just running hte game into thee ground and that players like me and you would still pressure and push a slot like sneaky even after what happened. Overall it just doesnt seem like soemthing bard scum would do. Im more interested in how you feel about bard randomly just being like "body maven" cause i remember bard doing something like this last time as scum and im almost tempted to say maven could be a strong town lean

Top Bottom