• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I voted for K. Rool in the ballot, but I would be all for this. I love Rare, and given their past history with Nintendo they are as deserving as any third party of having a fighter in Smash. B&K would be the obvious choice for a Rare rep.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
Yes, yes, yes! My vote went for the duo immediately. And these news make me fell like my vote was a good one. Really hope to see this classic guys make it. They deserved to be in it since the N64 smash.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
Threw together some ideas for their kit. Tried to make stuff that was distinctive and unique to them, no idea if it's overpowered, underpowered, etc etc. Optimally I think every character should be a little bit OP in some ways and a little bit UP in other ways.

Defensive Abilities

I've given B-K two tools that make the way they maneuver and approach different from other characters.

Wonder Wing. Instead of shielding Kazooie shields Banjo with her wings. Cannot roll as a result however is invulnerable, deflects items and does damage on impact. Shield lasts as long as a normal shield would however recharges much slower. Can jump while WWing.

Feathery Flap. Instead of air dodging Kazooie does a feathery flap. Basically an air dash only with it allows you to hover in place at the end of it.

Down Attacks
In the games a lot of B-K's kit is used through ducking. In Smash only a few down attacks exist but I've decided to unify them along a theme.

Down Tilt: Blue Eggs. Spamable ranged attack.

Down Smash: Grenade Eggs: Powerful ranged attack.

Down Special: Ice egg: Ranged attack that applies a slow. (Fire and Electric as customs)

Down Air: Beak Buster: Sends you flying downward. Big damage, spikes, if you miss you don't stop. Maybe you can Feathery Flap to cancel it so that you can play mindgames with that. Are you going for it or are you going to go for it after a FF?

Forward Attacks
The forward stuff would be more banjo spare the smash and draws more influence from basic moves than ducks.

Neutral: Claw Swipe. Not very good damage but you and your target move forward as you use it pretty quickly.

Forward Tilt: Forward Roll. Good for slipping behind enemies while doing damage to them at the same time.

Forward Smash: Beak Barge. Slides forward big distance while doing. Like Bowser's Forward Smash.

Other Details
Rest of their kit would back up that stuff. Banjo and Kazooie would be about delivering good damage at just the right time and being very mobile the rest of the time. Good at getting into position and good at closing. Probably also have some more stuff that you can spam to work up damage. Dunno what recovery, there'd be a choice between a very recovery focused flight or a very aggressive beak bomb. Maybe one would be stock, the other custom. Dunno. No idea if this makes any sense competitively, don't follow that scene.

By the way there's a hashtag for this now. Only me, DKVine and a few others have used it, maybe you guys should as well. Can we get Banjo-Kazooie into Smash? #YesWeKazooie

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Interesting new technique I found.
By turning a phone's airplane mode on and off, you can change your IP address. If you are so inclined, you can have near limitless risk free votes for Banjo, or whoever else you want! I'd recommend changing a few words each time though, just in case nintendo has a system to detect copy/pastes.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Interesting new technique I found.
By turning a phone's airplane mode on and off, you can change your IP address. If you are so inclined, you can have near limitless risk free votes for Banjo, or whoever else you want! I'd recommend changing a few words each time though, just in case nintendo has a system to detect copy/pastes.
Your phone's IP address will change after a set time normally. You could also just turn it on and off. All devices do this unless assigned a static IP address.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
UPLOADED THREE HOURS AGO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCslwkzgG8

We need to retweet Spencer's tweet to JonTron and GameXplain! Please everyone, retweet Spencer's tweet to these groups and people so the word spreads! There are still people who likely didn't vote for Banjo simply because they see literally no chance for him. Tweet out this: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...e-character-is-eligible-for-super-smash-bros/

tweet out spencer's tweet, this thread, guys just keep the momentum going! If GameXplain made a video spending freaking 25 minutes discussing this, and they hopefully aren't saying stuff like "I don't see it happening" then people will get excited and vote! They are fans of Banjo-Kazooie. And imagine if JonTron encouraged all of his fans to vote for them!

Tweet this to Playtonicgames! Tweet this to Grant Kirkhope! Just get the word out there!!!

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
UPLOADED THREE HOURS AGO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znCslwkzgG8

We need to retweet Spencer's tweet to JonTron and GameXplain! Please everyone, retweet Spencer's tweet to these groups and people so the word spreads! There are still people who likely didn't vote for Banjo simply because they see literally no chance for him. Tweet out this: http://mynintendonews.com/2015/04/0...e-character-is-eligible-for-super-smash-bros/

tweet out spencer's tweet, this thread, guys just keep the momentum going! If GameXplain made a video spending freaking 25 minutes discussing this, and they hopefully aren't saying stuff like "I don't see it happening" then people will get excited and vote! They are fans of Banjo-Kazooie. And imagine if JonTron encouraged all of his fans to vote for them!

Tweet this to Playtonicgames! Tweet this to Grant Kirkhope! Just get the word out there!!!
Seriously, this. We need all the support we can get to steer this movement into the right direction and reassure everyone that this is actually plausible.

Work as hard as possible guys to try to make this a reality, just like the Kremling Krew/Kutthroats!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'd probably cry if these guys got confirmed.

And I've never cried for a Smash newcomer. But these guys were my childhood favorites!

They have to happen now that it's possible!

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I'd probably cry if these guys got confirmed.

And I've never cried for a Smash newcomer. But these guys were my childhood favorites!

They have to happen now that it's possible!
Tweet it out to everyone. Please help us out - also, how do you get those avatar thingies at the bottom of your posts?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Tweet it out to everyone. Please help us out - also, how do you get those avatar thingies at the bottom of your posts?
I've been doing my part believe me.

Telling everyone I know that is into video games and Smash to vote for Banjo on Facebook, text messages and more.

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
You just see come of the cast, like Mario and Diddy Kong, fighting, and from the distance, they hear the sound of a marimba... and then...

Guh-huh!

EDIT - Bottles assist trophy plox
Oh! Add Sonic to that trailer too and it'd be perfect! Banjo knows of Sonic, Diddy and Mario, appeared in a game with 2/3 of them and Kazooie mentions Mario in Banjo-Tooie! This would be mindblowing!

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Oh! Add Sonic to that trailer too and it'd be perfect! Banjo knows of Sonic, Diddy and Mario, appeared in a game with 2/3 of them and Kazooie mentions Mario in Banjo-Tooie! This would be mindblowing!
I always forget about Sonic's racing games!! Mario is referred to by L.O.G. in N&B too! ❤

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I believe that In Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts there was a reference to Mario as well. "Italian gentleman." I'm one of the few who really enjoyed Nuts and Bolts, but of course, I much prefer the originals.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I would be tweeting all over.
If I had a twitter.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
@GameXplain for instance. I don't know of our hashtags I've never used those before.

Click retweet on Spencer's tweet, then you will see two @(name here) just add other @(name here) of who you want to retweet Spencer's tweet to.

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I believe that In Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts there was a reference to Mario as well. "Italian gentleman." I'm one of the few who really enjoyed Nuts and Bolts, but of course, I much prefer the originals.
I liked it too! I always just jump in and play it just to mess around with my OP vehicles!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I saw one guy mention one. I think it was ThemasterDS

"By the way there's a hashtag for this now. Only me, DKVine and a few others have used it, maybe you guys should as well. Can we get Banjo-Kazooie into Smash? #YesWeKazooie"

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice

"By the way there's a hashtag for this now. Only me, DKVine and a few others have used it, maybe you guys should as well. Can we get Banjo-Kazooie into Smash? #YesWeKazooie"
I think Something like #Banjo-Kazooie4Smash or #BanjoforSmash is better. #YesWeKazooie sounds more like a Kazooie fanclub, and doesn't tell people what we're all about; we are making an effort to get people to vote for Banjo-Kazooie as the next DLC character for Smash Bros.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285

Have now tweeted with that hashtag - spread the word!

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I think Something like #Banjo-Kazooie4Smash or #BanjoforSmash is better. #YesWeKazooie sounds more like a Kazooie fanclub, and doesn't tell people what we're all about; we are making an effort to get people to vote for Banjo-Kazooie as the next DLC character for Smash Bros.
It's like #KrocTheVote. It's a terrible pun based off political campaign/voting type things.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I know one thing.. this is definitely going to be a long road to October :/
I'm sure that at E3, they'll give us a trailer for a character like Wolf or one they've been developing from now until then, but also announce another character, like they did with Mewtwo last year, that came from the results of the poll. I don't think they're gonna wait until October to actually look at what's going on, or at least I hope not!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Say. Do any of you think we might get any more DLC confirmations from now to October? Or could this ballot mean we are going to have a drought of information for seven months... ?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'm sure that at E3, they'll give us a trailer for a character like Wolf or one they've been developing from now until then, but also announce another character, like they did with Mewtwo last year, that came from the results of the poll. I don't think they're gonna wait until October to actually look at what's going on, or at least I hope not!
And you sent that post right as I posted. You some sort of mind reader? XD

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Say. Do any of you think we might get any more DLC confirmations from now to October? Or could this ballot mean we are going to have a drought of information for seven months... ?
I think that we will get Wolf, regardless of the ballot. But I don't know for sure. I really want Krystal too, so I'm hoping the Wii U Star Fox will cause some Krystal votes.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I think that we will get Wolf, regardless of the ballot. But I don't know for sure. I really want Krystal too, so I'm hoping the Wii U Star Fox will cause some Krystal votes.
Probably... Now that I think of it, we will probably get another brawl character. I mean we got Doctor Mario and Mewtwo back from Melee. So why not Lucas and another fighter back from brawl? lol

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Probably... Now that I think of it, we will probably get another brawl character. I mean we got Doctor Mario and Mewtwo back from Melee. So why not Lucas and another fighter back from brawl? lol
oooh very good point there actually. All the more likely Wolf will come. Which makes Krystal more likely! YAY!

Of course, Banjo-Kazooie is my priority, I haven't lost sighteveryone. XD

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
oooh very good point there actually. All the more likely Wolf will come. Which makes Krystal more likely! YAY!

Of course, Banjo-Kazooie is my priority, I haven't lost sighteveryone. XD
I've been trying desperately to keep my desires to just four characters.. I had just wanted Banjo, but then I saw the other campaigns.. lol and I'll say, its very difficult not to cheer for any more. >_<

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'd say my priorities go something like: Banjo&Kazooie --> Rayman --> Shantae --> Inkling, or something along those lines anyway

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I've been trying desperately to keep my desires to just four characters.. I had just wanted Banjo, but then I saw the other campaigns.. lol and I'll say, its very difficult not to cheer for any more. >_<
I cheer for who I want, I just have my priorities. I am trying to get more votes in for Banjo, next for Rayman and then Krystal. That way, I can make it more likely for those three, so the odds are better to make me happy. I'd be happy with all or either of those three.

Priority: Banjo-Kazooie > Rayman > Krystal >....Chibi-Robo/Shantae? XD

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
On a latter note, I find it somewhat funny how some people are wanting to vote for whoever the main characters are for Project Ukulele..

1. That game isn't even out yet. No one knows if it will be good, or if it will be... well, not so good.
2. We don't even know the names of the characters yet. Sure, the main one could just be "Ukulele", but thats a bit of a wild guess.

Also... why? People are jumping on a bandwagon that isn't even built yet. All its doing is trying to pull from the nostalgia from the Banjo & Kazooie name. As interested as I am in these new characters, they will just be too new. Plus they won't have the same history as our Bear and bird.. it just.... wouldn't be the same.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Priority: Toad/Captain Toad = Banjo and Kazooie > anything and everything else.

Top Bottom