• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Alright. It took a bit of time, but I think I have set up a possible decent moveset for the Bear and Bird. Most of the moves are directly based off of moves and things the pair could perform in Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie! I also took the liberty of adding possible taunts, victory poses, and a possible stage. So here goes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Banjo & Kazooie Possible Moveset:

Jumps:
First: Banjo does a standard jump

Second: Kazooie uses her wings to assist Banjo, to get more air.

Walk: Banjo moves around on his own

Dash: Banjo uses the chicken legs ability to run faster

A: Banjo swipes with his paw

AAA: Banjo does a series of swipes, similar to his standard attack in
the games.

Rapid A: Kazooie pokes her head out of Banjo's backpack to do a series of
rapid pecks in the direction Banjo is facing.

Dash A: Kazooie tucks back into the backpack, as Banjo goes into a roll, similar to Donkey Kong's dash attack

Up tilt: Banjo does a swipe upwards

Side tilt: Banjo does a swift swipe

Down tilt: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to perform the beak barge, an
attack where Banjo uses Kazooie like a lance. It sweeps along the ground
slightly in the direction you are facing.

Up smash: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to do a series of pecks above Banjo.

Side Smash: Banjo performs the Breegull blast. He grabs Kazooie by the legs,
and swings her over his head, and down onto anything in front of her.
The attack does a bit of damage to anyone while it is in the middle of being
performed, but does the most damage if it hits someone on the ground, directly
in the path of the attack.

Down Smash: Banjo attacks in one direction, and Kazooie pecks in the other.

Neutral air: Banjo spins slowly in midair, and Kazooie attacks with her wings.

Up air: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to do an attack directly above the pair.

Down air: With kazooie's help, you perform the Beak buster. It causes you
to rocket downwards, an attack
fairly similar to Toon link's down air, except using Kazooie's sharp beak
instead of a sword. Remember this attack triggers you to rocket
downwards, so be careful where you use it!

Forward air: Kazooie emerges from Banjo's backpack to perform the
"Rat-a-tap Rap", a series of pecks in the direction Banjo is facing. Has
great range, and hits repeatedly, the final blow knocking back a bit.

Back air: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to do a swift peck behind Banjo.

Grab: Banjo just grabs the opponent with his paws.

Grab attack: Banjo swipes at the opponent

Up throw: Banjo flings them into the air above his head, and Kazooie emerges from the backpack to jab them with her beak.

Down throw: Kazooie lifts banjo in the air a bit, and Banjo flings the opponent to the ground.

Forward throw: Banjo throws them forward, and hits them with his backpack as he swings back around.

Back throw: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to grab the opponent with her beak, and fling the opponent behind them.

Tether: Uses his backpack to grab onto the ledge

B: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to fire an egg. The egg that is fired
is chosen at random from the following:
1. Regular egg - the most common projectile you can fire
2. Fire egg - A bit uncommon. Can do fire damage
3. Freeze egg - A bit less common than the fire egg. Can freeze the opponent
on impact
4 Grenade egg - The rarest, and most powerful egg you can shoot. This egg,
5. Golden egg - There is a extremely rare chance you could fire a golden egg.
This egg moves very fast, and does a lot of damage.

Up B: The pair perform the Flap Flip. Kazooie uses her wings to gain Banjo some air, performing a cool back-flip in the process

Side B: Banjo swings his backpack around in a full circle, knocking back anyone in the path of the attack. Can also double as a recovery move.

Down B: 1. Kazooie launches a clockwork egg. Behaves similarly to Bowser jr's Mechakoopa. The clockwork kazooie moves a bit faster.
if it successfully hits the opponent, explodes, dealing a lot of damage.

2.Banjo and Kazooie split up. Kazooie leaps out of the backpack to fight alongside Banjo. She has similar AI to Rosalina's luma, acting as an
extension of Banjo's attacks. On one hand, this can give you extra aim. On the other, however, if your opponent is able to KO Kazooie, until she
respawns in your backpack 30 seconds later, you will be vulnerable. Some of your attacks will no longer work as effectively, and a lot of your
recovery options vanish...

As for the final smash... what better way to deal with your opponents than by summoning the very thing that finished off Grunty in the first Banjo game..

Final Smash: The Mighty Jinjonator. Banjo summons the Mighty Jinjonator. The player can aim the large jingo in various directions,
and perform a lunge in the direction the jinjo is facing. Any players in the path of the attack will be sent flying off the stage.
The player can roughly perform this move three times, there is,
however, a bit of lag in between each lunge, so fast characters should be able to get out of the way. (Maybe...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misc. stuff:

Possible Stage: The Top of Gruntilda's tower. This stage behaves similarly to the final battle from the first game. While the fighters fight, Gruntilda flys
around in the background, using her spells to try to attack the fighters

Intro: Banjo materializes onto the stage on an exit pad. The pad disappears after the duo are ready for the fight.

Victory music: The music that plays when you obtain a Jiggy in Banjo-Kazooie

Win poses:
1: Banjo holds up a Jiggy in triumph, hopping up and down, just as he did in Banjo-Kazooie
2: Banjo & Kazooie run around in a few circles while performing the wonderwing, before striking a pose.
3: Banjo is sitting on the ground, playing on his handheld, seen in the third file in Banjo-Kazooie.

other winposes: Banjo and kazooie play a jam session on the Banjo and Kazoo, similar to the opening of Banjo-Kazooie!
(Suggested by Rueckkoppler. Thanks dude, thats an awesome idea XD)

Taunts:
1: Kazooie emerges from the backpack, and pecks Banjo's noggin. Banjo looks back and glares at Kazooie in disdain.
2: Banjo flings a Jiggy into the air
3: Kazooie emerges from the backpack, and sticks her tongue out at the opponent

(Thanks also goes to ryuu seika for some very creative suggestions as well!)

Last edited:

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Alright. It took a bit of time, but I think I have set up a possible decent moveset for the Bear and Bird. Most of the moves are directly based off of moves and things the pair could perform in Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie! I also took the liberty of adding possible taunts, victory poses, and a possible stage. So here goes:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win poses:
1: Banjo holds up a Jiggy in triumph, hopping up and down, just as he did in Banjo-Kazooie
2: Banjo & Kazooie run around in a few circles while performing the wonderwing, before striking a pose.
3: Banjo is sitting on the ground, playing on his handheld, seen in the third file in Banjo-Kazooie.
Great moveset! This pretty much matches my view of B-K as a fighter! What I suggest for a victory pose would be a little jam session with Banjo & Kazooie, which is basically them playing the victory theme & ends in a pose just like in the intro of the first game.

edit: There you, go, like this:

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Good to see this thread back in the game!

Let's hope for the best, B&K fans. If nothing else, things are looking great for the future!!

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I think I may have made a serious mistake in Banjo Tooie

So I'm in the waste disposal room in Grunty Industries, I pushed down a switch that filled up that chasm with toxic waste, and I read on Banjo Kazooie Wiki that there's a Jiggy down where I filled up the chasm. Did I just make a mistake where I'd have to start my game over, or does that toxic waste drain out somehow?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I think I may have made a serious mistake in Banjo Tooie

So I'm in the waste disposal room in Grunty Industries, I pushed down a switch that filled up that chasm with toxic waste, and I read on Banjo Kazooie Wiki that there's a Jiggy down where I filled up the chasm. Did I just make a mistake where I'd have to start my game over, or does that toxic waste drain out somehow?
Don't worry, you just can't get that until you get a move from a future world.

It's one of the (many) things I loved about Tooie, where you didn't just abandon a world after going there the first time. Everything felt important for most of the game because you always made return trips.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Now there are NO barriers. No reason not to support Banjo & Kazooie! We just have to keep going - all the way till October. I really see a good chance now! Someone should write a good 500-character explanation that becomes the official text for our thread. That way, people might have it easier to back their votes in a way that impresses Nintendo / Sora / Sakurai.

Hype is inflating...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Someone should write a good 500-character explanation that becomes the official text for our thread. That way, people might have it easier to back their votes in a way that impresses Nintendo / Sora / Sakurai.
They probably won't be as impressed after they've read it a second time.

I think something like this needs to be personal. We can provide ideas and guidelines but I don't think it's a good idea to trot out the same reasons for everyone.

D

Deleted member

Now there are NO barriers. No reason not to support Banjo & Kazooie! We just have to keep going - all the way till October. I really see a good chance now! Someone should write a good 500-character explanation that becomes the official text for our thread. That way, people might have it easier to back their votes in a way that impresses Nintendo / Sora / Sakurai.

Hype is inflating...

Unrelated in some way, but is it weird to say that Mr. Patch looks a bit like :4yoshi:?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
There's still a lot of pessimism around this whole ordeal of Phil Spencer giving the ok and people voting for Banjo Kazooie..

"It won't happen, I'm sure he was just joking or trolling."
"Nintendo would never do this because it'd promote Microsoft."
"They have no moveset." (...bruh...)
"Won't matter if Banjo Kazooie gets a billion votes, it's impossible."

I've never wanted to slap people so hard across the face, across the internet, until now. It's like they don't want to even try. Where's the optimism for **** sake!?

There's still a lot of pessimism around this whole ordeal of Phil Spencer giving the ok and people voting for Banjo Kazooie..

I've never wanted to slap people so hard across the face, across the internet, until now. It's like they don't want to even try. Where's the optimism for **** sake!?
there is pessimism. and realisim.

Banjo isnt exactly likely right now. Unless you think Rayman is.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I think Banjo has a chance but it is still a little low. Wish the announcement had come earlier. I don't think Banjo-Kazooie combo will get enough votes.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Gah, who cares about how likely it is? It's fun to talk about! It's great being able to have a community to talk about this with, don't let anyone ruin it!

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I'm not saying Banjo Kazooie are the most likely third party character to become DLC from the Smash Ballot because of what Phil said. It's more along the line of not giving up and voting for a character you not only love but is now at least plausible.

Pessimism is only going to hurt the chance of this happening, which again I realize isn't the highest.

And no, I don't really think Rayman is very likely either but I'd say Rayman is at least somewhat more likely.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

No moveset.. They clearly haven't played the Banjo Kazooie games. Theres plenty of material XD

Anyways, I understand what you mean. Some people just like to hate to hate. Heck, I saw one troll outside of Smashboards that was knocking the character Shantae just for her looks, "looked generic", and calling her straight up garbage... even went as far as saying Wii Fit trainer was better than her.. LOL

ryuu seika

Smash Master

Possible Moveset:

Jumps:
First: Banjo does a standard jump

Second: Kazooie uses her wings to assist Banjo, to get more air.

A: Banjo swipes with his paw

AAA: Banjo does a series of swipes, similar to his standard attack in
the games.

Rapid A: Kazooie pokes her head out of Banjo's backpack to do a series of
rapid pecks in the direction Banjo is facing.

Dash A: Banjo goes into a roll, similar to Donkey Kong's dash attack

Up tilt: Banjo does a swipe upwards

Side tilt: Banjo does a swift swipe

Down tilt: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to perform the beak barge, an
attack where Banjo uses Kazooie like a lance. It sweeps along the ground
slightly in the direction you are facing.

Up smash: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to do a series of pecks above Banjo.

Side Smash: Banjo performs the Breegull blast. He grabs Kazooie by the legs,
and swings her over his head, and down onto anything in front of her.
The attack does a bit of damage to anyone while it is in the middle of being
performed, but does the most damage if it hits someone on the ground, directly
in the path of the attack.

Down Smash: Banjo attacks in one direction, and Kazooie pecks in the other.

Neutral air: Banjo spins slowly in midair, and Kazooie attacks with her wings.

Up air: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to do an attack directly above the pair.

Down air: With kazooie's help, you perform the Beak buster. It causes you
to rocket downwards, an attack
fairly similar to Toon link's down air, except using Kazooie's sharp beak
instead of a sword. Remember this attack triggers you to rocket
downwards, so be careful where you use it!

Forward air: Kazooie emerges from Banjo's backpack to perform the
"Rat-a-tap Rap", a series of pecks in the direction Banjo is facing. Has
great range, and hits repeatedly, the final blow knocking back a bit.

Back air: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to do a swift peck behind Banjo.

Grab: Banjo just grabs the opponent with his paws.

Grab attack: Banjo swipes at the opponent

Up throw: Banjo flings them into the air above his head, and Kazooie emerges from the backpack to jab them with her beak.

Down throw: Kazooie lifts banjo in the air a bit, and Banjo flings the opponent to the ground.

Forward throw: Banjo throws them forward, and hits them with his backpack as he swings back around.

Back throw: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to grab the opponent with her beak, and fling the opponent behind them.

B: Kazooie emerges from the backpack to fire an egg. The egg that is fired
is chosen at random from the following:
1. Regular egg - the most common projectile you can fire
2. Fire egg - A bit uncommon. Can do fire damage
3. Freeze egg - A bit less common than the fire egg. Can freeze the opponent
on impact
4 Grenade egg - The rarest, and most powerful egg you can shoot. This egg explodes upon impact with
an obstacle, or an opponent.
5. There is also a small chance that Kazooie launches a clockwork egg, which hatches into a little cute clockwork kazooie.
Behaves similarly to Bowser jr's Mechakoopa. The clockwork kazooie moves a bit faster.
If it successfully hits the opponent, it explodes, dealing a lot of damage.

Up B: The pair perform the Flap Flip. Kazooie uses her wings to gain Banjo some air, performing a cool back-flip in the process

Side B: Banjo swings his backpack around in a full circle, knocking back anyone in the path of the attack. Can also double as a recovery move.

Down B: Banjo and Kazooie split up. Kazooie leaps out of the backpack to fight alongside Banjo. She has similar AI to Rosalina's luma, acting as an
extension of Banjo's attacks. On one hand, this can give you extra aim. On the other, however, if your opponent is able to KO Kazooie, until she
respawns in your backpack 30 seconds later, you will be vulnerable. Some of your attacks will no longer work as effectively, and a lot of your
recovery options vanish...

As for the final smash... what better way to deal with your opponents than by summoning the very thing that finished off Grunty in the first Banjo game..

Final Smash: The Mighty Jinjonator. Banjo summons the Mighty Jinjonator. The player can aim the large jingo in various directions,
and perform a lunge in the direction the jinjo is facing. Any players in the path of the attack will be sent flying off the stage.
The player can roughly perform this move three times, there is,
however, a bit of lag in between each lunge, so fast characters should be able to get out of the way. (Maybe...)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Misc. stuff:

Possible Stage: The Top of Gruntilda's tower. This stage behaves similarly to the final battle from the first game. While the fighters fight, Gruntilda flys
around in the background, using her spells to try to attack the fighters

Intro: Banjo materializes onto the stage on an exit pad. The pad disappears after the duo are ready for the fight.

Victory music: The music that plays when you obtain a Jiggy in Banjo-Kazooie

Win poses:

Other possible win poses: Banjo and Kazooie do a short jam session with a Banjo and Kazoo, referencing their intro theme from the first game. (Suggested by Rueckkoppler. Thanks dude, thats an awesome idea XD)

Taunts:
1: Kazooie emerges from the backpack, and pecks Banjo's noggin. Banjo looks back and glares at Kazooie in disdain.
2: Banjo flings a Jiggy into the air
3: Kazooie emerges from the backpack, and sticks her tongue out at the opponent
For the most part, impressive job and great work on the moveset, however I would like to suggest a few changes.

For one, doing a backflip in mid air as recovery seems very strange when the characters can outright fly. It would make a lot more sense for the Up B to have the animation of the duo using a flight pad and go into something akin to Pit's Up B.
Second, I feel that the clockwork Kazooie egg is rather too different from the others and should thus not be mixed in with them. Instead consider replacing it's random appearance with the gold egg (faster flying and slightly stronger blue one) and moving the move to Down B.
You see, the split up bothers me greatly, partially because it's not really very representative of the characters IMO and partially because it destroys their moveset. I feel it would be far better to showcase Kazooie's laying ability, spawning a clockwork replica of herself from an egg placed just behind her and still acting much like a mecha koopa, only unable to hit the user unless knocked back somehow.
Next, I feel like you've missed a trick on the grab as Banjo could theoretically use his backpack as a tether much like Villager's net.
What's a "Rapid A" move?
And would you consider using chicken legs for his dash, having Banjo fall forwards into his roll for the dash attack while Kazooie repacks herself away?

Heck, I saw one troll outside of Smashboards that was knocking the character Shantae just for her looks, "looked generic", and calling her straight up garbage... even went as far as saying Wii Fit trainer was better than her.. LOL
Wii Fit Trainer was a genius inclusion but the rest of your point still stands. Heck, if they can't understand WFT's inclusion then that makes them even more stupid.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If they get in. They better have the most epic DLC trailer of all DLC trailers, because they will instantly become the most hype DLC of all DLC regardless of who else gets in.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
If they get in. They better have the most epic DLC trailer of all DLC trailers, because they will instantly become the most hype DLC of all DLC regardless of who else gets in.
You just see come of the cast, like Mario and Diddy Kong, fighting, and from the distance, they hear the sound of a marimba... and then...

Guh-huh!

EDIT - Bottles assist trophy plox

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just had a funny thought: How would you all react if Banjo and Kazooie were in Smash, but had their Nuts and Bolts models instead of their N64 ones?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I support this, I love Banjo-Kazooie and they fit perfectly with the Nintendo cast
That's because they're Nintendo cast they got away.

Mario listens to Katy Perry's hit jam The One That Got Away while holding back tears at the thoughts of his fallen breathen, Banjo & Kazooie, the Jet Force Gemini twins, Joanna Dark, the Battletoads, and even that strange squirrel ******* Conker.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
For the most part, impressive job and great work on the moveset, however I would like to suggest a few changes.

For one, doing a backflip in mid air as recovery seems very strange when the characters can outright fly. It would make a lot more sense for the Up B to have the animation of the duo using a flight pad and go into something akin to Pit's Up B.
Second, I feel that the clockwork Kazooie egg is rather too different from the others and should thus not be mixed in with them. Instead consider replacing it's random appearance with the gold egg (faster flying and slightly stronger blue one) and moving the move to Down B.
You see, the split up bothers me greatly, partially because it's not really very representative of the characters IMO and partially because it destroys their moveset. I feel it would be far better to showcase Kazooie's laying ability, spawning a clockwork replica of herself from an egg placed just behind her and still acting much like a mecha koopa, only unable to hit the user unless knocked back somehow.
Next, I feel like you've missed a trick on the grab as Banjo could theoretically use his backpack as a tether much like Villager's net.
What's a "Rapid A" move?
And would you consider using chicken legs for his dash, having Banjo fall forwards into his roll for the dash attack while Kazooie repacks herself away?
A Rapid A move is the kind of A attacks that can jab repeatedly toward the end of the attack! :p

Really like the flight pad thing. Very creative!

The golden egg thing is a cool idea too. Will replace the clockwork egg for it.

As for the split up.. I'll probably split the Down B into an either or part. This is just a fan moveset anyway, and I believe all possibilities should be present. I will move the clockwork egg bit as the first possibility though!

and again, the chicken legs things thing, creative.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I just had a funny thought: How would you all react if Banjo and Kazooie were in Smash, but had their Nuts and Bolts models instead of their N64 ones?
I have a feeling there would be immense anger... lol

Anyway I doubt that kinda thing would happen. I mean they opted for the classic versions of Megaman and Pacman rather than their modern forms.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
For a start, I really doubt it. That design was only seen on an Xbox console, and seeing how Sakurai opted for Pac-Man's original 3D design instead of his latest one, I think they would go for the classic one here too.

Having said that, I wouldn't been too against it. I do like Nuts & Bolts when I separate it in my mind from the originals, but I never enjoyed the designs. Kazooie looked like she was always just going to shout at someone or peck someone to death, and Banjo looked contrastingly derpy. The originals pair look a lot more fitting and happy, and not like a couple that have just had an argument. And the original pair fit Smash a lot better too. I feel if they used the new models then they would use a moveset using that awful wrench Kazooie got in N&B instead of the classic moves she once had (and got back at the end of N&B, supposedly... damn you, L.O.G!)

L.O.G. for Smash

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
They probably won't be as impressed after they've read it a second time.

I think something like this needs to be personal. We can provide ideas and guidelines but I don't think it's a good idea to trot out the same reasons for everyone.
Okay yes, you'r right. Then we should provide some guidelines in the OP. Just straight up the things that make Banjo & Kazooie important!

Unrelated in some way, but is it weird to say that Mr. Patch looks a bit like :4yoshi:?
Well...

Last edited:

bksbestbwoy

Smash Lord
NNID
AzureJay89
3DS FC
4828-5479-7054
Switch FC
2162-7423-7143
I am definitely down to support the bear and bird. They should have been in from Melee!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As long as their final smash isn't vehicle-based platforming i'm all good
Same here, I didn't mind racing as them in the 360 version of Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing either.

Okay yes, you'r right. Then we should provide some guidelines in the OP. Just straight up the things that make Banjo & Kazooie important!

Well...

Best hack based on the best Banjo Tooie boss in history. It was the good thing they even bothered bringing him back in Nuts and Bolts (Despite the fact that it's a rubbish game).

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
So we'd all die if at MS's E3 conference Banjo gets a new game & then after the trailer it immediately cuts to *SWING* & then the Smash logo....right?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So we'd all die if at MS's E3 conference Banjo gets a new game & then after the trailer it immediately cuts to *SWING* & then the Smash logo....right?
I'd honestly expect a trailer to appear in Nintendo's E3 direct.

Top Bottom