• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banjo-Kazooie: Dynamic Jiggy Duo - Project Dream

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Nice one! Everyone, go to an Apple Store and use up all the votes!! I might be working in one in a few weeks time, so I'll give Banjo some love!
But won't all the computers share the same IP? Or the IP is different for various devices under the same modem/router?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But won't all the computers share the same IP? Or the IP is different for various devices under the same modem/router?
The first part of the IP would be the same. The last few digits will be different for each device.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I believe it's different... I should really know if I'm gonna be working there!

The first part of the IP would be the same. The last few digits will be different for each device.
That clears it up, cheers!

Last edited:

HeroOfClocktown

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeroOfClocktown
I support this very much, literally just a few days ago I posted about Banjo Kazooie and saying that it was hopeless but I was still voting.. now to know that we actually have a chance at this, wow.

Also, his final smash should have something to do with the Jinjo's, much like how they are used in the final battle against Gruntilda (.....spoiler..?);

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/584023190692737024

Whoah.

Okay, he's not the big big boss, but he is the head of Xbox and has a lot of influence, and I can see them giving the okay if approached for BK.
I'm pretty sure he's all that matters when it comes to getting game characters into other games. I highly doubt the head of all of MS (Windows, Windows Phone, Surface, etc...) cares about stuff like this. I assume the top heads of MS only care about console sales & sales of the super big games like Halo.

HotNTasty

Smash Apprentice
With the new twitter news my supported list will need to update. But my vote goes to Capt. Toad, Rayman, Bajo, and Wonder Red.

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Has everyone tweeted this to GameXplain? They are fans of Banjo-Kazooie, I am sure that they would make a discussion video about this; doing so would spread the word even more and let other Banjo-Kazooie fans that we definitely have a plausible reason for optimism!

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Has everyone retweeted Spencer's tweet to GameXplain? They are fans of Banjo-Kazooie, I am sure that they would make a discussion video about this; doing so would spread the word even more and let other Banjo-Kazooie fans that we definitely have a plausible reason for optimism!

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
This is pretty exciting news to me. Banjo and Kazooie are the only characters I want to be playable in Smash at this point, and after Rare was bought by Microsoft, I figured it'd just never happen. While I'm a bit skeptical that this means they're a shoo-in, I sure hope this can really lead to some action on both Nintendo's and Microsoft's part to bring the two into Smash, because I think that would be awesome.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
If we start voting for Banjo, we to make it loud and clear.

BUY BANJO BACK FROM M$.

If by some miracle we did get Banjo as he is now, we'd have that horrible blocky mess that builds cars, not the one we love.
Okay, it's one thing for MS to give their blessing on it should Nintendo approach them for Banjo in Smash, but it's another thing entirely for them to "buy the franchise". You forget that such a transaction would need to be TWO-WAY. Microsoft would need to be willing to sell it, in addition to Nintendo being willing to buy it, which is not going to happen.

And Nuts & Bolts was great. Haters can suck it.

Shog

Smash Ace
This is literally alongside Ridley(who is in the game) which I, my sister and my bro want to have in the game. You have my vote

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Guys tweet Spencer's tweet to GameXplain. Let them know so they can retweet it themselves or make a video on it, so the word will spread even more. We need more Banjo-Kazooie fans voting, and anyone else who doesn't really know who to vote for.

D

Deleted member

Thread theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXHkRm1VNo

For real, I'm legit hyped that this could actually happen. Crossing fingers and here's to hoping it does. Like when the ballots were first announced, I was excited for the possibility of neat and interesting characters, and Snake coming back, but now none of that matters, I don't care who does or doesn't get in if we get Banjo.

I- It's like I'm dreaming.

Everything else aside, regardless of chances, even though it obviously and deliberately would come with a fair share of profit for them, I have to give credit where credit is due, for as much as I might rag on them, for as upset as their treatment of Rare has made me, I have to give it to Microsoft, it is very cool of them to even be open to something like this.
With Project Ukulele being in the works, rumors have been floating around that Microsoft has been secretly working on new Banjo and Conker games. If so, Banjo being in Smash and living up the hype with an Amiibo and VC releases would only serve them as free marketing, plus their "acts of generosity" would only earn them brownie points and positive PR with the consumer. Something the Xbox desperately needs considering how it's fairing up against the PS4.

Phil was actually once quoted saying that he envies Nintendo cause of their beloved IP, that because of that they don't really need to worry too much about hardware, they simply need to put out a console and they would sell millions on brand recognition alone.

So, in such a scenario, the "two underdogs" working together to make something happen makes sense. I think it would be a good thing for the industry and show that two competitors can get along and actually support each other's stuff. Friendly competition is good for the industry. In truth, collaboration right now would only mean profit for both of them. Phil giving the OK means that one of the biggest hurdles is out of the way. So now all we need is proper fan support to motivate Nintendo to take the leap.

It's literally a huge pile of cash though. Banjo Pack DLC for Smash, Banjo amiibo, and Rare VC releases for WiiU. It would all fly off the shelves. If Nintendo sees say a million ballots clamoring for Banjo (and it certainly seems to be shaping up that way considering the hype), that's a lot of money if we assume all those people get everything Rare.

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Thread theme song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kXHkRm1VNo

For real, I'm legit hyped that this could actually happen. Crossing fingers and here's to hoping it does. Like when the ballots were first announced, I was excited for the possibility of neat and interesting characters, and Snake coming back, but now none of that matters, I don't care who does or doesn't get in if we get Banjo.

I- It's like I'm dreaming.

With Project Ukulele being in the works, rumors have been floating around that Microsoft has been secretly working on new Banjo and Conker games. If so, Banjo being in Smash and living up the hype with an Amiibo and VC releases would only serve them as free marketing, plus their "acts of generosity" would only earn them brownie points and positive PR with the consumer. Something the Xbox desperately needs considering how it's fairing up against the PS4.

Phil was actually once quoted saying that he envies Nintendo cause of their beloved IP, that because of that they don't really need to worry too much about hardware, they simply need to put out a console and they would sell millions on brand recognition alone.

So, in such a scenario, the "two underdogs" working together to make something happen makes sense. In truth, collaboration right now would only mean profit for both of them. Phil giving the OK means that one of the biggest hurdles is out of the way. So now all we need is proper fan support to motivate Nintendo to take the leap.

It's literally a huge pile of cash though. Banjo Pack DLC for Smash, Banjo amiibo, and Rare VC releases for WiiU. It would all fly off the shelves. If Nintendo sees say a million ballots clamoring for Banjo (and it certainly seems to be shaping up that way considering the hype), that's a lot of money if we assume all those people get everything Rare.
There is a new Conker game, well sort of. Conker's Reunion is part of Project Spark.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, so I've been hearing. Though I'm not entirely sure what that is tbh.
Project Spark is a 'make your own game' thing (somewhat like Littlebigplanet). There is an official Conker 'game' for it and you can even use all the Conker assets to make your own Conker game.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Conker's quite tricky because I don't think Nintendo would want their characters to be urinated on.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wonder if this could apply to Conker as well. Not sure if on anyone from KI...
I'm sure it would be fine with that Phil guy if he's already open to licencing their characters. However let's be realistic, the best case scenario is Banjo Kazooie making it into Smash. Conker isn't even on the cards.

Last edited:

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Project Spark is a 'make your own game' thing (somewhat like Littlebigplanet). There is an official Conker 'game' for it and you can even use all the Conker assets to make your own Conker game.
I wish that came to Wii U or PS4. I seriously would calm down in desperately hoping for Nintendo to get back the IP for Banjo-Kazooie, if they make it into Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

Cool but...

Why does Conker look so... lifeless?

It's like his face is completely frozen.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Late to the hype train, but at the very least Banjo-Kazooie is getting a ton of attention. I'm not sure how accurate this graph is. Enyalb posted it in one of the Shulk threads. It's a guy from Reddit recording poll answers.

Banjo is 14th if you disregard other as an option

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
I believe it's different... I should really know if I'm gonna be working there!

That clears it up, cheers!
Sorry but that is false :upsidedown: Go check it with a page like www.ipchicken.com . What they were referring to is the INTERNAL IP. The one you get from your router at home. Of course you get different digits at the end. But when you check it with this homepage, you'll see that the EXTERNAL IP across all devices in your WiFi is absolutely identical. And that's the one that matters, because that's the one they receive at the Smash ballot. I just checked it again with my smartphone and notebook.

... the only trick to solve this is using your smartphone & use mobile internet & change the IP with the use of flight mode.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Late to the hype train, but at the very least Banjo-Kazooie is getting a ton of attention. I'm not sure how accurate this graph is. Enyalb posted it in one of the Shulk threads. It's a guy from Reddit recording poll answers.

Banjo is 14th if you disregard other as an option
I've seen that. If you google the reddit poll you'll find the reddit post.

However, the vote tally is from before the Spencer Tweet, so it'd make sense Banjo would be so low when people didn't really think he had a shot, and also for some reason, you can't vote anymore. I tried this morning and couldn't.

2nd, the votes are pretty much only from SWF and r/smash, so it's not an accurate tally of all the votes, and if you've noticed the reaction in the main thread here, for some reason, a lot of Smash fans don't really much care for the idea of Banjo being in and would rather "muh most wanted character" to be in instead. It's understandable though, since a fair deal of the Smash userbase is underage and wasn't around for the Golden Era of Rare.

Everyone who ever gave a **** about Rare, and classic Nintendo is voting Banjo though, whether they own a WiiU or not. News of Phil's tweet just need to reach their ears first.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Everyone who ever gave a **** about Rare, and classic Nintendo is voting Banjo though, whether they own a WiiU or not. News of Phil's tweet just need to reach their ears though.
Yep, I just checked it: Phil's tweet reveived 2,5k favorites and almost 2,5k retweets! Just compare it to his other tweets - the attention is right here!

Last edited:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Really hoping Gamexplain makes a video about this or at the very least a tweet. So many people use them for information or enjoy their discussions that this would really help out.

Edit: Apparently they are really big fans of Banjo Kazooie too? Would really surprise me if they don't help spread the word then.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Just watching gameplay videos of Banjo Kazooie.

I don't know how it would work with the moveset but I so want there to be a way for Banjo to get on Kazooie's back and have her cart him around like in the games.

D

Deleted member

I don't know how it would work with the moveset but I so want there to be a way for Banjo to get on Kazooie's back and have her cart him around like in the games.
I made this a long time ago but didn't finish it cause I'm a lazy ******:

Banjo-Kazooie Moveset

Banjo and Kazooie are built on the the idea of diversity and adaptability through cooperation. They're able to seamlessly split up during combat and work in unison again through their special attacks. Due to this, they normal attacks will change depending on if they're together or separate.

Specials:
B - Split Up

Kazooie leaves the backpack and the duo split up. You lead with Banjo, however, pressing B again will shift control over to Kazooie. You know who you control because each time you press B you hear 'Guh-huh' and 'Breeeeegu' indicating who the lead is.

Using a normal attack will cause both characters to use their respecting normal attack, and the partner will follow the lead depending who's in control. Almost like a mix of the ICs and Rosalina + Luma, but with its own unique twist. The AI of the non-lead simply focuses on trying to stay near their partner.

If one of the two is K.O.ed, you take control of the one left over. However, the due works best when together. Banjo is very strong and can dish out damage as well as he can take it, but has very poor recovery and mobility. Kazooie on the other hand is very quick and is able to recover with great ease, however is very light-weight and rather easy to kill when she's alone. Thus, the key to using these two is by keeping them together.

To re-unite the duo, simply use one of their other specials, and the two will come together and use said special attack. Ofc, if the other partner is dead, or simply too far, then they will not combine, and depending on the special, might not even be able to use that attack at all. So awareness of where both characters are, as well as the opponent is imperative.

Side B - Fire Eggs (normal eggs - stun/no knockback/1-2% damage/fires up to 3 before a slight pause)

Up B - Flip Flap

Down B - Beak Buster (has a bounce that allows for combos and even multiple hits)

Neutrals (Duo):
2nd Jump (hold) - Feathery Flap

A - Peck

AAA - Triple Peck

Side A - Wonderwing

Up A -

Down A - Beak Barge (has horizontal movement, great approach move, hits low)

Dash A - Forward Roll

Side Smash - Breegull Bash

Up Smash -

Down Smash -

Nair - Pack Whack

Uair - Talon Torpedo (just the leaving animation)

Fair - Rat-a-Tap Rap

Bair - Bounce Eggs (normal eggs)

Dair -

Banjo SOLO

Specials (Kazooie KO or too far):
B - *nothing*

Side B - "Kazooie?" (nothing, he just calls his partners name in confusion, this actually calls Kazooie to Banjo if she's not KO).

Up B- Failed Flap

Down B - Butt Slam

Neutrals:
Grab - Taxi Pack

Taunt - Snooze Pack (recovers health slowly)

A - Claw Swipe

AAA - Claw Scuffle

Side A -

Up A -

Down A -

Dash A - Forward Roll (the B-K version that covers less distance)

Side Smash -

Down Smash -

Up Smash -

Nair - Pack Whack

Fair -

Bair - Sack Pack

Uair -

Dair - Sack Pack

Kazooie SOLO

Specials (Banjo KO or too far):
B - *nothing*

Side B - Fire Eggs (same as duo, except faster)

Up B - Leg Spring

Down B - "Uh-Oh!" (same as Banjo's Side B)

Neutrals:
Grab - *can't*

2nd Jump hold - Glide

A - Wing Slash

AAA - Wing Whack (similar to Falco's, she just stays in place and spins)

Side A -

Up A -

Down A -

Dash A - Wing Whack (does more damage than her basic version, works as a better approach move and combo starter)

Side Smash -

Up Smash -

Down Smash -

Nair - Wing Whack (the aerial version of her Dash A, great combo buffer that racks up damage well)

Fair - Rat-a-Tap Rap

Uair

Dair

Bair

Custom Specials:
B - NONE

Side B - Beak Bayonet/Clockwork Kazooie Eggs (they Bounce the eggs rather than fire them, the mechanical bird homes in on a foe and pursues them to explore, can be intercepted, and have a slight delay to avoid spamming, damage is about the same as Snake's Grenades)

Up B - Beak Bomb (only offensive recovery move they have, very risky but very strong)/Fly (grants 5 additional jumps, first one goes high, other 4 are shorter)

Down B - Bill Drill (racks up damage upon landing on foe)/Dive Bomb (a Beak Buster that doesn't bounce)

Final Smash:
Washing Machine - Wumba turns you into a Washing Machine, seems pretty useless, but those who are hit by dirty underpants would like to say otherwise. Also, you're invincible while in this state.

Mumbo is an AT: He does spells like in B-T "Eekum Bokum."

Running Shoes, Spring Step Shoes, and Claw Grips are all items. Claw Grips stick you to the ground so you take no knockback.

Jinjos are also an item, collect all 5 and you get the Jinjonator take down your foes.

Grunty/Bone Grunty is a Boss character.

Bottles and Jamjars show up on the stage. (Spiral Mountain and Grunty's Castle are both good choices, a "tour stage" like Delphino Plaza is the best choice here.)

They're practically built for Smash and there's plenty to work with. You can check out the B-K wikia if you want a better examples of all their moves.

Also MORE THREAD MUSIC!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UENFLItNUL8&index=1&list=RDUENFLItNUL8

Can you imagine recomposed versions of the B-K/B-T soundtrack composed by Grant Kirkhope being made exclusively for Smash as part of a Banjo DLC pack??

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims

I don't know if its just me, but I feel like crafting a moveset for the bear and bird is as simple as giving them moves straight out of their games. There's a ton to work with

Edit: :4greninja:'d

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was just thinking if Banjo & Kazooie are on the ground when you press up B.....Kazooie should do her spring legs jump and then if you press up b again while in the air she flaps her wings for extra height.

Kind of like Shulk's up B.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

I can't think of characters that would have an easier moveset to think of... All of their unique moves are literally in the (first two) games.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Believe me, 2002 and 2006 me would have screamed if this was announced back in the day. If Nintendo thought people got overly emotional with the return of Mewtwo and Lucas, the internet would be a tsunami of tears if Banjo and Kazooie were back in a Nintendo game.

Top Bottom