• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BandGeek's Super Smash Tourney- Winter Bash! *Tournament Friday!*

Riku00

Smash Ace
You use the wiimote? Wtf... I don't think you can do the same things on the wiimote as you can on the GC controller. Like c-stick arials (which are incredibly important).
this is true i do wish the Wii mote had some type of Cstick capabilities but thats not the case. i am extremely better with the Wii mote than i am with GC controller. i just hate the analog direction stick and the difference in button size. i used to play with GC control but then i tried Wii mote and my game improved so much that i cannot perminantly go back to playin with GC paddle.
hmm
December 28th
Riku
you will be defeated ;)
We shall see about that.

~*Magic*~

Smash Rookie
Now, BandGeek, what happens if you're partner either refuses to battle, or is inactive till the end of the tournamnet? Is that open for disqualification? I think it should not be, because it wouldent be fair

~M~

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
Now, BandGeek, what happens if you're partner either refuses to battle, or is inactive till the end of the tournamnet? Is that open for disqualification? I think it should not be, because it wouldent be fair

~M~
Well, they do not have to battle right now. Battling early is totally optional, and if they did say no right now, then you would have to suck it up and wait till your scheduled time. I'm going to make a list today of who is active and who isn't. I will try not to stick you with an inactive person, M. If they do not show up by tournament time, then yes, they would be kicked out. I think that is fair in the least.

Blazer

Smash Ace
if i were playing for real and not using my GC controller instead of my Wii mote(main controller) it would have gone down that way. but because i was using GC controller and he shot his gun like 20 times in 30seconds i left the match.
Dude, like the only time I used the blaster our whole match was when you were trying to get on the stage by using the phantasm and at the beginning. I only used it at the beginning cause I figured you'd try to CG me anyway, I stopped when I realized you weren't going to. Stop complaining that I wouldn't let you recover.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
OK, when you say "cheating", does that mean no Marth deathgrab/DDD Infinite?

@Luur3:

Next week?!? When can you play? I'm ready right now.

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
OK, when you say "cheating", does that mean no Marth deathgrab/DDD Infinite?

@Luur3:

Next week?!? When can you play? I'm ready right now.
What is that? Is it just like one of Marth's moves? I know Ganon has a powerful attack that will automatically knock out somebody if it hits them. If it's just a powerful attack of his, then it isn't cheating in my eyes.

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
WTF is Marth death grab!?
is it his chaingrab?
If that is what it is, then I don't care if you do chain-grabs.

And for some people complaining about the FD stage, I chose it because it is a simple stage where nobody can use the extra slopes or platforms to their advantage. Next tournament I'll let everyone have a bit for freedom with choosing stages. :)

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
SkylerOcon vs thesilentmarth

thesilentmarth wins 2-1
That's good. Thanks for telling me. I need the winners to tell me they won also just so I can make sure I'm not getting false info (even though I doubt ANYONE would lie by saying they lost)

btw in case I'm not on the next two days Merry Christmas to everybody.

Low Rider1717

Smash Cadet
is there any kind of prize in this tourny?
also Riku and I are going to brawl today
we will post who is the victor of the match in due time

Riku00

Smash Ace
my opponent and i are about to get our matches done right now.

Low Rider1717 vs. Riku00

Riku00 wins 2-0

Meteor Smash for the win.:)

Riku00

Smash Ace
Dude, like the only time I used the blaster our whole match was when you were trying to get on the stage by using the phantasm and at the beginning. I only used it at the beginning cause I figured you'd try to CG me anyway, I stopped when I realized you weren't going to. Stop complaining that I wouldn't let you recover.
its not that you wouldnt let me recover... i couldve done that easily i just dont like spam.

My bad guys i didnt mean to double post im sorry. (crap dont report me)

Luur3

Smash Journeyman
Well, if Firekirby is up for it, I'm willing to start our match early. Wanna get it out of the way?

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
lol How can you guys not know about Marth/DDD Infinite? It's popular and always being discussed here at SmashBoards.

Here is a vid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ-AKKso_Po&feature=related
I'd say it's "cheating". But really, it's just plain unfair.

BTW Luur3 I'm ready to go, I open my presents in 3 hours.......
okay, I watched that. I cannot say it's cheating, just unfair, like you said. I prefer you do not use that move. Although it seemed like the opponent had multiple chances to slip out of Marth's grasp. Anyway, just drop that move if you do not mind. gl to both of you.

Now here's my bad news. There will not be a prize :(:(:( I didn't get any points or Wal-Mart gift cards or anything, so I have absolutely no way to buy any to pass out to winners. I'm extremely sorry about this guys and hope I can maybe pass out prizes in the future.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
okay, I watched that. I cannot say it's cheating, just unfair, like you said. I prefer you do not use that move. Although it seemed like the opponent had multiple chances to slip out of Marth's grasp. Anyway, just drop that move if you do not mind. gl to both of you.

Now here's my bad news. There will not be a prize :(:(:( I didn't get any points or Wal-Mart gift cards or anything, so I have absolutely no way to buy any to pass out to winners. I'm extremely sorry about this guys and hope I can maybe pass out prizes in the future.
just give the winner an I.O.U ;)

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
reminder that the tournament is tomorrow. Bracket A battles start at 3:00 and Bracket B starts at 3:15 if you haven't done your first battle yet. Can't wait to see you there!

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I beat Sir Orion a few days ago. I think he said so in this thread but I forgot to report also.

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
I beat Sir Orion a few days ago. I think he said so in this thread but I forgot to report also.
Thanks for telling me. I've already updated the matches for you to see. I'm pretty sure that you have your next opponent as well, Aryman.

One spot left for anybody! Tournament is tomorrow, so hurry!

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Hmmm If wifi isn't back tomorrow you might have to delay your tourney a bit. <.<
Make a note of that problem that is occurring right now.

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
Hmmm If wifi isn't back tomorrow you might have to delay your tourney a bit. <.<
Make a note of that problem that is occurring right now.
I'm involved in Rythe's tourney, so I'm well aware of the problem. I can be flexible about it. In fact, I may not even be home tomorrow because I had company come over yesterday. They want to take me shopping to buy a Christmas present :)

Teronist09, you're in.

Malchorian, I will report you if you write spam in a tournament thread of mine again.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
There's not much that can be done of the problem. Except yell out SAKURAI!!!!!!! For the lulz of course.

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
There's not much that can be done of the problem. Except yell out SAKURAI!!!!!!! For the lulz of course.
lol

like I said. I can be flexible. After all, we're out of school and some of you can request to do you match at a different time than played if the new time interfers with your schedule. You just have to ASK. It is a huge difference between that and being DQ'd for being considered a "no-show"

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Wait if the tourny is being postponed due to wifi, I want back in. Is this possible? Sorry to the guy that took my spot if it is, but I wanted to play in this.

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
Wait if the tourny is being postponed due to wifi, I want back in. Is this possible? Sorry to the guy that took my spot if it is, but I wanted to play in this.
ugh, that's a tough thing to decide. There will be future tourneys after this, but I guess the best thing to do is maybe talk about it privitely and I'll give the other person a waiting list spot in case somebody doesn't show up. Does this sound okay?

Top Bottom