• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BandGeek's Super Smash Tourney- Winter Bash! *Tournament Friday!*

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
Wanna Show Off Your Brawling Skills or Just Knock Some People Around. Then This is the Tourney for YOU!!

BeekGeek's Super Smash Tourney- Winter Bash #1

Welcome to my very first all-out tournament! I thought what better way to start my time here than to host a HUGE tournament. This is a special tournament that will be held every winter and summer for all those people out there that take pride in their brawling. Think you're bad? Then join to get better!! This is tournament where anybody can enter!

Rules (Are subject to be added on or changed)
Even if the tournament is going to be fun, there has to be some guidelines for people to follow. Every contestant must follow these to keep the tournament friendly and fair for anybody.

. No items (Even Smashballs!)
. You may change characters throughout the tournament as an advantage
. Only the Final Destination Stage will be used.
. NO CHEATING!! My gosh, cheaters are only losers and will only get you disqualified from the tournament. Use your brawl skills to win, not your evil mind!

How the Tournament Will Work
This tournament will be Double Elimination. What does this mean? You will have to lose two matches before being eliminated. Each match will consist of three battles, best two out of three with no time limit. If you lose the first round you'll still have a chance to get back into the compitition!

Tournament Days
. It is recommended to download Aim onto their computer. If you download it for the tournament and then delete it afterwards, I don't care. You may PM also if you just have to
.Fifteen minutes before yor match, you MUST I/P M me telling me that you're here and ready to brawl! Then you can talk to your opponent(s) and decide who is going to host the match and stuff like that.
.Every person battling must tell me who won and lost. If you lost, tell me! It'll be like this: if the winner doesn't tell me, but the loser does, the loser is automatically the winner. Make since? It is very vital to tell me the outcome.
. Be friendly to everybody battling, even people who beat you. This is supposed to be fun!

Sign-Up Sheet (It must be in this format!)
SB Name/ Brawl Name (Friend Code)/AIM (or PM)

Participants

1.) Shadowfirex100/ SDWFE /1676-3494-0066/ PM
2.) ~*Magic*~/Smash/1203-9039-9915/PM
3.) Riku00/Ríkùº/1633-4224-0346/ PM
4.) ORI_bro / Ori /0516 - 8891 - 2481/ PM
5.) Aryman/ARY/0087-2015-7256/AIM: Aryman104
6.) Alphicans/Alphi/1719-2852-5644
7.) Sir 0rion/0rion/4640-1720-6690/ PM
8.) bunnyma/bunny/4768-7105-1523/PM
9.) Luur3/ Luur /2922-2480-7910/ PM
10.) Blazer/Riku/1032-0904-5560/ PM
11.) FireKirby7/FireK/3952-7717-6470/ PM
12.) Teronist / Teron (0216-1722-1948 )/PM
13.) SkylerOcon/OCON/2964-8275-1288/AIM: skylerocon
14.) Rythe/Rythe/3652-0231-7366/PM
15.) thesilentmarth/TSM/4425-4965-2484/PM
16.) Low Rider1717/ LWRDR/3652-0315-7064/ PM

~Tournament Bracket~
Since there is a decent amount of participants and this is a double elimination tournament, I decided that the easiest way to do this would be to divide the tournament up into two brackets, Bracket A and Bracket B. The winner from each bracket will battle each other for the championship.

Bracket A Matches
3:00
Battle #1- Shadowfirex100 vs Rythe
Battle #2- Alphicans vs ~*Magic*~
Battle #3- Sir Orion vs Aryman
Battle #4- thesilentmarth vs SkylerOcon

3:30
Battle #5- Winner Battle #1 vs Winner Battle #2
Battle #6- Aryman vs thesilentmarth

Loser Bracket:
Battle #9- Loser Battle #1 vs Loser Battle #2
Battle #10- Sir 0rion vs SkylerOcon

4:00

Battle #7- Winner Battle #5 vs Winner Battle #6
Loser Bracket:
Battle #11- Winner Battle #9 vs Loser Battle #5
Battle #12- Winner Battle #10 vs Loser Battle #6

4:35
Loser Bracket:
Battle #13- Winner Battle #11 vs Winner Battle #12

4:50

Loser Bracket:
Battle #14- Winner Battle #13 vs Loser Battle #7

5:15
Battle #8- Winner Battle #7 vs Winner Battle #14

Bracket B
3:15
Match #1- ORI_ bro vs Blazer
Match #2- RikuOO vs Low Rider 1717
Match #3- Luur3 vs FireKirby7
Match #4- Teronist09 vs bunnyma

3:45
Match #5- ORI_bro vs Riku00
Match #6- Winner Match #3 vs bunnyma
Loser Bracket
Match #9- Blazer vs Low Rider 1717
Match #10- Loser Match #3 vs Teronist

4:15
Match #7- ORI_bro vs Winner Match #6
Loser Bracket:
Match #11- Winner Match #9 vs Riku00
Match #12- Winner Match #10 vs Loser Match #6

4:35
Loser Bracket:
Match #13- Winner Match #11 vs Winner Match #12

4:50
Loser Bracket:
Match #14- Winner Match #13 vs Loser Match #7

5:15
Winner Match #7 vs Winner Match #14

~Championship~
5:45
Winner Bracket A vs Winner Bracket B

Tournament Rules:. You will have three battles with three stock in each one. The best two out of three wins the match
. Final Destination Stage will be used for every match
. EACH PERSON NEEDS TO TELL ME WHO WON AND WHO LOST!

If You Want To Battle Early:

. If you want to have your match before the scheduled time, BOTH opponenets need to tell me that they're having a match either by posting a message here or sending a PM to me. Honesty is needed in this whole tournament and you will only hurt the whole experience by lying.

*Be Sure to Send me a PM fifteen minutes before your first match to tell me you're here. After that, you can talk to your opponent about who is hosting and so on.

Additional Info
. Will there be a Prize?- Maybe!! It could be 1000 Wii-Points!

. The Date of the Tournament- Sunday, December 28. Everyone can do their match at any time as long as both opponenets agree and it is BEFORE the original scheduled time on the 28th.

*All matches will be in US Eastern Time*

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Dude... wait a second. You're not El Band Geek from DDRFreak, are you?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I thought that seemed like a pretty big coincidence.

Actually, it's a pretty hilarious coincidence just the same! :laugh:

~*Magic*~

Smash Rookie
~*Magic*~/Smash/1203-9039-9915/AIM (applicable, but do not check frequently, and would rather prefer PM)

Thanks!

~M~

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
I thought that seemed like a pretty big coincidence.

Actually, it's a pretty hilarious coincidence just the same! :laugh:
lol I just gave myself my name because of my love of being in band. ^^

~*Magic*~/Smash/1203-9039-9915/AIM (applicable, but do not check frequently, and would rather prefer PM)

Thanks!

~M~
Great! I'll add you on!

Well, here are my farewells for the night. I'll see everyone after school tomorrow! (Unless I skip. I'm kind of sick :p)

~*Magic*~

Smash Rookie
lol I just gave myself my name because of my love of being in band. ^^

Great! I'll add you on!

Well, here are my farewells for the night. I'll see everyone after school tomorrow! (Unless I skip. I'm kind of sick :p)
We get to miss school aswell today. A large blizzard is expected. Thanks fir adding me to the list!

~M~

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
If I can still sign up I want to enter....

ORI_bro / Ori (0516 - 8891 - 2481) / PM

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
We get to miss school aswell today. A large blizzard is expected. Thanks fir adding me to the list!

~M~
Well, as it turns out, I was too sick to go today.

I thought this morning that there needs to be a deadline so I have time to prepare the tournament without people signing up like mad while I'm doing it. So the dealine will be Jan. 10, 2009 (Next year, I know 0o0)

There is no limit to the number of people that can sign-up. I want this to be a huge tournament!!

EDIT: I'll add you ORI bro =)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Well, as it turns out, I was too sick to go today.

I thought this morning that there needs to be a deadline so I have time to prepare the tournament without people signing up like mad while I'm doing it. So the dealine will be Jan. 10, 2009 (Next year, I know 0o0)

There is no limit to the number of people that can sign-up. I want this to be a huge tournament!!

EDIT: I'll add you ORI bro =)
sweet i tell me friends (SB) bout this

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
It seems we are filling up pretty fast here.
I'm liking it so far, but I was expecting more than five people in one day. I guess it's a start ^^ Keep the sign-ups coming guys.

The prize for this tournament might be 1000 Wii-Points if I can get my hands on some. (I'm broke from Christmas shopping) This isn't garaunteed (my sp is bad :p) but this will most likely be the prize. Look forward to it everyone!

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Once you get a little more well-recognized around here, you'll get more people signing up for your stuff.

Ah, what the heck.

Sir 0rion/0rion/4640-1720-6690

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
Once you get a little more well-recognized around here, you'll get more people signing up for your stuff.

Ah, what the heck.

Sir 0rion/0rion/4640-1720-6690
You're right. Patience has never worked well with me. I'll add you.

So this is only a 10 man tourney?
No, I do not care how many sign-up. I just started out by numbering it to ten. I can try to re-word it to where people will understand that this is intended to be much larger than a ten-person tourney. Thanks for bringing this up. =)

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
To have more even brackets its better to start off/or just have 16 ppls.
I see where you're going that it would be better to start off with a small tournament, but I'm not completely new to running tournaments. I wanted this to be a little more interesting than just a simple, 16 man tourney. I'm going to do some math tonight and try to set a limit to the people that can join.

I want to make this like a round-robin tournament. Put people into groups of four and the top one or two people from each group move on to a finals bracket. I'll put some numbers up tomorrow on how many people can enter to make the tournament even.

EDIT: I forgot to ask. Sir Orion, I'm presuming that you're using PM since you didn't put an AIM address in your sign-up? That seems to be what everyone is doing

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Check to the left of my posts. I'll play either way, just bear in mind that I'm use a LAN adapter, so I can't talk while I'm playing someone.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Oh round-robin huh?
Sir O just hosted one... pm him if you need help with that idea/tourney/yeah lulz ^-^

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
Check to the left of my posts. I'll play either way, just bear in mind that I'm use a LAN adapter, so I can't talk while I'm playing someone.
I noticed the address on the left. Just didn't want to bug you if that isn't how you wanted to be contacted. I guess you can stick with PM since that seems to be the way everyone is going to do it.

Oh round-robin huh?
Sir O just hosted one... pm him if you need help with that idea/tourney/yeah lulz ^-^
Be ready, Sir! ;) Although I do think I can handle it.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Take it from me - round-robin can be a royal pain for a tournament host if you don't already know what you're getting into. I wouldn't recommend it for first-timers.

You figure for a single-elim 16-person tournament, you have about 15 matches to keep track of.

With a double-elim 16-person tournament, you have about 23 matches to keep track of.

With a 16-person RR tournament, you have up to 240 matches to keep track of. It's a little much to handle if you aren't familiar with the tournament scene.

BandGeek414

Smash Cadet
Take it from me - round-robin can be a royal pain for a tournament host if you don't already know what you're getting into. I wouldn't recommend it for first-timers.

You figure for a single-elim 16-person tournament, you have about 15 matches to keep track of.

With a double-elim 16-person tournament, you have about 23 matches to keep track of.

With a 16-person RR tournament, you have up to 240 matches to keep track of. It's a little much to handle if you aren't familiar with the tournament scene.
Thats good info to know, thanks. Now that you mention it, I may just host a double elim. 16 man tourney just to keep things simple. I don't want this to be a disaster. I'll edit the info right now.

Thanks, Sir Orion

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
No problem, man. Happy to help. The good thing about RR is that the bracket isn't complicated (like double-elim brackets can be), but it does require some diligence to update.

Single-elim is by far the easiest tournament on the host, but I'm sure you'll do fine either way. If you need help on constructing a proper DE tournament bracket, let me know.

Top Bottom