• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, considering the story is called "Meta Knight's Revenge," it would imply that Meta Knight is retaliating, so I think it's obvious that Dedede started it someway, somehow.
Yep. And I have to say that I like the idea that it wasn't necessarily even on purpose - that would suit Dedede down to the ground, given that he is, as you say, a bit happy-go-lucky, as well as his motives being frequently misunderstood at other times, as well.

It would make sense. I mean, you've got Batman and his army of dark, brooding minions (and Sailor Waddle Dee), then you've got lazy, happy-go-lucky penguin thing and his army of carefree, cheery minions (and some inanimate objects). They would have to come at odds sometime, and I don't think it's too far-fetched that that could've sparked a war between the two.
Then are we in agreement that we absolutely need them clashing more? :laugh:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yep. And I have to say that I like the idea that it wasn't necessarily even on purpose - that would suit Dedede down to the ground, given that he is, as you say, a bit happy-go-lucky, as well as his motives being frequently misunderstood at other times, as well.
It had to be on accident. I think Dedede is smart enough to not purposefully incur the wrath of someone like Meta Knight, especially if they were former friends. Knowing Dedede's track record, there was probably some greater meaning behind his falling out with Meta. It could've been to prevent something dangerous from happening. Although, it does seem out of character for Meta Knight to be so aggro.
Then are we in agreement that we absolutely need them clashing more? :laugh:
I still stick to the belief that Meta Knight should be the neutral force, but if you mean clash as in, "Who's the better protector of Dreamland?" Or "Who's plan to stop (insert evil here) will work better?" then yes, I agree.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It had to be on accident. I think Dedede is smart enough to not purposefully incur the wrath of someone like Meta Knight, especially if they were former friends. Knowing Dedede's track record, there was probably some greater meaning behind his falling out with Meta. It could've been to prevent something dangerous from happening.
This is my take on it, as well.

Although, it does seem out of character for Meta Knight to be so aggro.
Though, he does have a bit of an ego. Perhaps the revenge plan came from hurt pride? (I mean, this is especially likely if Dedede falling out with him was accidental and/or involved offending him in some way.)

I still stick to the belief that Meta Knight should be the neutral force, but if you mean clash as in, "Who's the better protector of Dreamland?" Or "Who's plan to stop (insert evil here) will work better?" then yes, I agree.
Pretty much, with some hint of whatever made them fall out with each other in the first place. :p

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Though, he does have a bit of an ego. Perhaps the revenge plan came from hurt pride? (I mean, this is especially likely if Dedede falling out with him was accidental and/or involved offending him in some way.)
When you put it that way, maybe Dedede insulted Meta Knight for his failure to keep the Star Rod fragment safe, and in retaliation Meta Knight pointed out that Dedede was at fault for not giving the fragments to more trustworthy people. And didn't Dedede keep a piece for himself? If he did, that would segway nicely into Revenge of Meta Knight, where Meta attempts to usurp Dedede for not being a good ruler.

Pretty much, with some hint of whatever made them fall out with each other in the first place. :p
I could see that happening. Although, if Kirby is the good, Meta Knight is the neutral, and Monster of the Week is the evil, where would Dedede stand? In between good and neutral? I always liked the good/neutral/evil dynamic between the former three, but Dedede really just seems to do whatever he wants to or feels is necessary.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Just bought Kirby's Adventure on the 3DS...god this game takes me back. I only played this (and its GBA remake), Kirby 64, and Triple Deluxe as far as Kirby games go and I enjoy all 3 thoroughly.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
If I had to mention something, out of all the Kirby games I actually owned and played, I only had 2 that I played, Kirby's Adventure on the NES and Kirby; Tilt n Tumble on the GBC. Which I'm sure I'm the only person that actually played that game... xD

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS I think I actually have Kirby: Tilt N' Tumble. I never really played it, though. The game is just kinda sitting in my drawer, untouched for years... XD

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS I think I actually have Kirby: Tilt N' Tumble. I never really played it, though. The game is just kinda sitting in my drawer, untouched for years... XD
xD Oh, well, at least I''m not alone. Since the Gameboy was really the only gaming console to my name doing the early 2000s, I actually played that game so far I pretty sure I actually 100%'d it... although it was HARD as Hell to do so... xD

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I see... XD

Hmm... I think the first Kirby game I played was Kirby Air Ride for the GameCube. Before then, I only knew Kirby from SSBM. (I was really young when I played it, so...) Later on, I got Kirby Squeak Squad for the DS. Then I got Kirby Super Star Ultra for the DS, then Kirby's Return to Dream Land for the Wii... And then I actually went and got an older game, Kirby and the Amazing Mirror for the GBA. And finally, I got Kirby Triple Deluxe for the 3DS.

I don't know where Kirby: Tilt N' Tumble comes in. It probably used to be my brother's or something.

As for 100% beating Kirby games, Kirby Squeak Squad was the first one I beat 100%. More recently, though, I beat Kirby Air Ride 100%. In fact, I did it near the end of Summer Vacation.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, on the subject of Revenge of MK, maybe MK was using the Halberd to spur Dedede into action. Although he does say "I will rule", I think that, if Dedede really dislikes affronts to his kingship, he would retaliate, and that may have been the intentions of Meta Knight.

Oh, right. That makes sense. Although I didn't see any problem with Captain Basilisk (unlike the original characters of another Mario fan series that I follow: SMB Heroes of the Stars).

(How could I miss the news that he is going to start the series again?)
What's wrong with the original characters from Heroes of the Stars?
I know that. It just seemed like the Subspace Emissary would fit perfectly into Kirby canon. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up, if you ask me.
I wish that the Subspace Emissary was a Kirby game, and the player goes the different point of views of :4kirby:,:4dedede:, and :4metaknight:.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Untitled1.jpg

@ NintenZ NintenZ I have been busy, but, I will try to finish it either today or until next weekend since school is starting.

And probably I will stop doing request after this one, I don't know.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Why do you never use the reply button?
Oh look, I'm using the reply button now! :p

But seriously, though. Why does it matter? And I DO use the reply button, but only sometimes. If the person's post is directly above mine, then I tag them instead, because most forums I've been on previously didn't allow you to quote the above post. It was against the rules on those forums...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh look, I'm using the reply button now! :p

But seriously, though. Why does it matter? And I DO use the reply button, but only sometimes. If the person's post is directly above mine, then I tag them instead, because most forums I've been on previously didn't allow you to quote the above post. It was against the rules on those forums...
Well, here, it's not like that, but do as you prefer, I've known certain people to do just like you do anyways, so, whatever really.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Untitled2.jpg

Hope that you guys don't mind me showing updates of each character, and well, for the first time I draw Dixie, she came out rather cute.

Now, the one I'm affraid the most is Bandana Dee and this light blue haired guy
1665096-bigthumbnail.jpg

Because I have no idea how I'm gonna put the clothes similar to his into a small Waddle Dee. But I hope I can pull it off.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
View attachment 72092
Hope that you guys don't mind me showing updates of each character, and well, for the first time I draw Dixie, she came out rather cute.

Now, the one I'm affraid the most is Bandana Dee and this light blue haired guy
View attachment 72094
Because I have no idea how I'm gonna put the clothes similar to his into a small Waddle Dee. But I hope I can pull it off.
Inamuta's face is usually covered up by his collar, it's split in too. Simply make it a bib and it's pretty much good to go

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Just remember that he the fact that the ballot ends on October doesn't mean we'll get an announcement of a character.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I still hope we do get an announcement, though. We've all been waiting for such a long time, and this September seems to be going by so slowly... I'm definitely eager to find out the results.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I still hope we do get an announcement, though. We've all been waiting for such a long time, and this September seems to be going by so slowly... I'm definitely eager to find out the results.
I really hope we get more news this month.
Nintendo usually announces directs a day or two before it happens and not earlier so news will come it of nowhere.

So how is everybody doing on this fine Sunday?
I'm doing well. I just cleared Ratchet & Clank 2 after restarting it Friday (I was bored) and started R&C3. Only thing bugs me is that another school week begins tomorrow, it's hard getting used to it after having a holiday from mid-February to beginning of this month. :ohwell:

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I've been doing fine, thanks. Playing video games, watching videos, and checking this topic for replies...

And hey, I just realized... October 3rd is on a Saturday. So, if there is an announcement about the ballot results on that day, that's pretty convenient, since I won't have to sit through a whole school day first.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So how is everybody doing on this fine Sunday?
Pretty good, I checked out Sanssouci Park today, which was absolutely phenomenal, and I'm going to start the process to become a citizen tomorrow, so I'm excited for that :colorful:.

AndreaAC

request.jpg

I'm done. I won't color it until next week or until my left wrist stops hurting.

@ NintenZ NintenZ Hope you like it.

with that said
ShayWalk3.gif

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I just ate the most spiciest cebiche ever created
And it was delicious! :dr-_-:
my throat hurts tho
=U= mmm...ceviche...de camarón y de pescado...si...o_o eh... :C Hope you feel better! intenta miel con limón o un té! o un jarabe!

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Sorry just wanted to see if everyones day was fannnnntastic

As you can tell mine is going well I dont know why tho

So QUESTION TIME

Would you imagine BDEE's Up-Special being charged or instant?

I would like it to be instant making it less easy to spike BDEE but my gut says it'll be charged, what do you guys think?

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Remember this is not a social.
Sorry, it's been a while since I posted something and I just couldn't resist :drshrug:
Here's a little something that I found :dr^_^:
Chandelure, ¿te gustaría un cevichito ;).jpg

Since Google just had a redesign :kirby:
also i can't draw so i post other person's art

Last edited:
Top Bottom