• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It is? The video was on someone else's channel. And if it really is the same person, why not just continue where the series was left instead of starting over?
That's his real name. It is Alvin Earthworm redoing the series, as he once stated a year ago he was going to do.

And as for the reboot, he honestly didn't like how the series was heading, it was just not like how he wanted it to go after adding that dark koopa troopa and other things.

Last edited:
That's his real name. It is Alvin Earthworm redoing the series, as he once stated a year ago he was going to do.

And as for the reboot, he honestly didn't like how the series was heading, it was just not like how he wanted it to go after adding that dark koopa troopa and other things.
Oh, right. That makes sense. Although I didn't see any problem with Captain Basilisk (unlike the original characters of another Mario fan series that I follow: SMB Heroes of the Stars).

(How could I miss the news that he is going to start the series again?)

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Oh, right. That makes sense. Although I didn't see any problem with Captain Basilisk (unlike the original characters of another Mario fan series that I follow: SMB Heroes of the Stars).

(How could I miss the news that he is going to start the series again?)
I honestly enjoyed it, but oh well, if that's how he sees it, I'll understand, as long as he feels ok to continue working on it again, and hopefully won't get pressured too much like the last time.

And well, he does have a DA account, although his work isn't all too safe to post here I guess, so just type Alvin Earthworm in google.

D

Deleted member

It is? The video was on someone else's channel. And if it really is the same person, why not just continue where the series was left instead of starting over?
he want too start new with this reboot.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
My nervousness about the ballot is starting to die down. I'm beginning to feel more confident about Bandana Dee's chances somehow. Of course, there are no guarantees, but I'm looking forward to the end of the ballot a lot more than I was earlier. I have a good feeling about this, especially if we end up getting more than 1 character.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My nervousness about the ballot is starting to die down. I'm beginning to feel more confident about Bandana Dee's chances somehow. Of course, there are no guarantees, but I'm looking forward to the end of the ballot a lot more than I was earlier. I have a good feeling about this, especially if we end up getting more than 1 character.
Honestly, it really depends on how many winners there will be. If it's any less than 3, we could be in trouble, but if it's more, than we can be sure that Bandanna's going to get his chance.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor Yeah, that makes sense. And right now, I'm kinda expecting 4 more characters at the most.

Also, I stumbled across this song earlier, and now I can't stop listening to it:
I already liked the Heavy Lobster theme, but this version is just amazing in my opinion.
In fact, I think this song is what's actually making me feel more excited and confident. XD
It's amazing how music can affect your emotions like that.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It was a stealth onigiri. Now I'm imagining one with a ninja suit on.
So, one that's fully wrapped in nori, rather than the anime/manga stereotype? ;)

What else does @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin have to say about it.
My thoughts haven't changed. :p I agree with others that it's irrelevant here and not worth discussing further.

I have just thought of a move for BDee. Instead of Spear Throw, he dons a Hat Cannon and fires (Who'd think that. A BDee projectile that isn't the spear).
I really, really like this idea. The fact that he'd have to pull the hat out of hammerspace and put it on and then get rid of it again, thus creating some start and end lag, would be a good counterpoint to the damage the projectile might do.

Holy hell it actually does absorb food.

I was just joking and thinking they just neglected to show the mouth because it looks cute.

It actually absorbs it via osmosis.
Well, the anime is non-canon, so the cuteness is almost certainly the real reason. ;) Waddle Dees are capable of speech, too, after all, which would otherwise present similar problems to eating. :laugh:

After walking around for half an hour I got another couple of questions

What direction would you like Meta Knight to be taken?
A direction where he has some more clashes with Dedede. I really like their dynamic, in that they're old friends who don't always (or possibly no longer often) see eye-to-eye, and whose methods for protecting the planet are so different as to cause occasional clashes (no, I will not forget that Meta Knight tried to overthrow Dedede with a massive overkill battleship :laugh:). It's interesting to see their different approaches.

What do you think their next step with Galacta Knight will be?
I couldn't guess.

Do you ever think BDee will have a legitimate boss battle?
Unless Kirby irrationally goes on the warpath again, giving Bandana Dee cause to step up to protect the king, I don't think so, no.

EDIT:

or as @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin suggested, Castle Dedede.
Yeah, Castle Dedede is a must! :grin:

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
A direction where he has some more clashes with Dedede. I really like their dynamic, in that they're old friends who don't always (or possibly no longer often) see eye-to-eye, and whose methods for protecting the planet are so different as to cause occasional clashes (no, I will not forget that Meta Knight tried to overthrow Dedede with a massive overkill battleship :laugh:). It's interesting to see their different approaches.
I never really got "old friends" from Dedede and Meta Knight. It seems more to me like they're acquaintances with the same intention, to protect Dreamland no matter what, but their execution of it is so radically different that they can't really call each other friends, because of how extreme they both are. When they finally come to blows with each other, Meta Knight plays the giant overkill battleship card, and Dedede willingly helps the odd, carpet-bombing invaders from Jigglypuff-knows-where hijack said battleship, for no reason other than what we can assume to be a grudge.
They also don't seem to think very highly of one another. As we know, Meta Knight thinks that Dedede is suck-ass "ruler", and makes no attempt to hide it, and Dedede thinks of Meta Knight as an annoyance. But, the two are intelligent enough to put aside their differences for the greater good.

Yeah, Castle Dedede is a must! :grin:
Bowser's Castle, Castle Dedede, we really do need more castles. How come Dr. Wily gets his?

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Try to put the gigantic pictures in spoilers, please.

Also, looks like the next Smashified video will have more than one character, but it doesn't really matter because it will be released in October, it will not be useful for propaganda. Oh well, at least we made propaganda in the comment section of those videos and I think that was useful.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I never really got "old friends" from Dedede and Meta Knight. It seems more to me like they're acquaintances with the same intention, to protect Dreamland no matter what, but their execution of it is so radically different that they can't really call each other friends, because of how extreme they both are. When they finally come to blows with each other, Meta Knight plays the giant overkill battleship card, and Dedede willingly helps the odd, carpet-bombing invaders from Jigglypuff-knows-where hijack said battleship, for no reason other than what we can assume to be a grudge.
They also don't seem to think very highly of one another. As we know, Meta Knight thinks that Dedede is suck-*** "ruler", and makes no attempt to hide it, and Dedede thinks of Meta Knight as an annoyance. But, the two are intelligent enough to put aside their differences for the greater good.
I agree with this. Both Dedede and Metaknight are kind of antagonists in their own regard and that's why they begrudgingly get along. King Dedede is a school yard bully while Metaknight is the no nonsense class president. King Dedede is technically the ruler of Popstar but only because the citizens are so lazy and care free that they DGAF and just roll with it. Metaknight could rule over Popstar but, like I said, it would be an uphill battle to make the kingdom the way he wants it because the citizenry is the total opposite of him: undisciplined and, quite frankly, pretty stupid. The series doesn't really try to hide this. Kirby literally has the mind of a child and the series makes a point in showing that Dedede is crafty but also impulsive and short tempered. On a planet like Popstar, Metaknight is literally surrounded by idiots. I think these strong differences are where Dedede and Metaknight clash the most. Dedede is the leader of the planet but only really cares about himself while Metaknight doesn't necessarily care about the people (more so his virtues) but it's widely apparent that he would be a better leader overall. It's the classic battle between chaos and order that pretty much defines their relationship.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I never really got "old friends" from Dedede and Meta Knight. It seems more to me like they're acquaintances with the same intention, to protect Dreamland no matter what, but their execution of it is so radically different that they can't really call each other friends, because of how extreme they both are.
Honestly, I get that from them because it's actually stated in Kirby's Adventure.

They also don't seem to think very highly of one another. As we know, Meta Knight thinks that Dedede is suck-*** "ruler", and makes no attempt to hide it, and Dedede thinks of Meta Knight as an annoyance. But, the two are intelligent enough to put aside their differences for the greater good.
I really want to know what occurred in the gap between Kirby's Adventure, and Revenge of Meta Knight. That's got to be where the bad blood came in. :laugh:

Bowser's Castle, Castle Dedede, we really do need more castles. How come Dr. Wily gets his?
Because his nemesis is a guest, I guess...

Dedede is the leader of the planet but only really cares about himself while Metaknight doesn't necessarily care about the people (more so his virtues) but it's widely apparent that he would be a better leader overall. It's the classic battle between chaos and order that pretty much defines their relationship.
In fairness, Dedede has taken risks for the people. It's pretty clear that, even though he is a bit selfish, he does care. :p

He's certainly a lazy git, though, but perhaps that's the kind of ruler the people prefer? :laugh: Meta Knight himself said that Dream Land has a lazy lifestyle - would they really accept him as a king, I wonder?

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
So, I decided to move on to Kirby Triple Deluxe. I actually hadn't gotten very far, since I became more focused on other games. But, after picking it up again, I've been having fun!

And, of course... I am trying to use the Spear Ability as often as I can, in honor of Bandana Dee.
Speaking of which, it's also worth noting that I just got the in-game Keychain for Bandana Dee, so that's a plus!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I agree with this. Both Dedede and Metaknight are kind of antagonists in their own regard and that's why they begrudgingly get along. King Dedede is a school yard bully while Metaknight is the no nonsense class president. King Dedede is technically the ruler of Popstar but only because the citizens are so lazy and care free that they DGAF and just roll with it. Metaknight could rule over Popstar but, like I said, it would be an uphill battle to make the kingdom the way he wants it because the citizenry is the total opposite of him: undisciplined and, quite frankly, pretty stupid. The series doesn't really try to hide this. Kirby literally has the mind of a child and the series makes a point in showing that Dedede is crafty but also impulsive and short tempered. On a planet like Popstar, Metaknight is literally surrounded by idiots. I think these strong differences are where Dedede and Metaknight clash the most. Dedede is the leader of the planet but only really cares about himself while Metaknight doesn't necessarily care about the people (more so his virtues) but it's widely apparent that he would be a better leader overall. It's the classic battle between chaos and order that pretty much defines their relationship.
Really, was Dedede ever truly an antagonist? Aside from when he stole everyone's food, he's never done anything with malicious intent. On the contrary, he usually does what he can to help Dreamland and its inhabitants. He definitely cares about more than just himself, as shown in the Dark Matter saga of games. As for the "surrounded by idiots" part, Dedede is probably the smartest person on Pop Star, with the exception of Meta Knight. He was the one to see through Tabuu's plan when no one else did, he was the first one to realize how much of a threat Dark Matter was.
Honestly, I get that from them because it's actually stated in Kirby's Adventure.

It's literally been forever since I've played Adventure. If that truly was the developers' intention, to have Dedede and Meta Knight be friends, I too, wonder what broke them up. I mean, going from, "Hey, buddy, I entrust you with this fragment of an artifact that contains darkness itself," to "Oh hey, Meta Knight's invading my kingdom with a giant overkill battleship," is a pretty big shift, wouldn't you agree?

Because his nemesis is a guest, I guess...
I guess that makes sense.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Oh, so apparently, if you click on the number of votes on a poll option, you can see a list of every single person who voted for that option. I didn't realize this until now. It was pretty awesome seeing this huge list of everyone who voted "YES" on the poll here! And after some searching, I even found my own name! :D

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I let a friend borrow Kirby Triple Deluxe, when I bought it and loved it but didn't get very far before moving on to Smash, and he wanted to play it but didn't have enough money.

It's been several months now, close to a year, if not over a year.

I want my Kirby game back.

I'm jonesing for some Kirby right now. I might see if I can find a virtual console or eshop title (borrowing parent's Wii right now, and own a 3DS). Any suggestions while I wait for my friend to return Triple Deluxe?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Really, was Dedede ever truly an antagonist? Aside from when he stole everyone's food, he's never done anything with malicious intent. On the contrary, he usually does what he can to help Dreamland and its inhabitants. He definitely cares about more than just himself, as shown in the Dark Matter saga of games. As for the "surrounded by idiots" part, Dedede is probably the smartest person on Pop Star, with the exception of Meta Knight. He was the one to see through Tabuu's plan when no one else did, he was the first one to realize how much of a threat Dark Matter was.
And he took the risk of personally sealing Nightmare within the Fountain of Dreams, too. Don't forget that. ;)

It's literally been forever since I've played Adventure. If that truly was the developers' intention, to have Dedede and Meta Knight be friends, I too, wonder what broke them up. I mean, going from, "Hey, buddy, I entrust you with this fragment of an artifact that contains darkness itself," to "Oh hey, Meta Knight's invading my kingdom with a giant overkill battleship," is a pretty big shift, wouldn't you agree?
Precisely, and that's why I want to see more clashes between them. :laugh: I want to know, or even just get some hints about, what caused that shift. It's pretty obvious from the massive overkill battleship incident* that there's more to it than just Dedede's lazy attitude toward running the kingdom, and it can't be his handling of the Nightmare incident, because the penguin got everything right (the fault lies entirely with Kirby for not allowing Dedede to explain himself, and for releasing Nightmare) and things ended fine with that.

*Just why is it the Revenge of Meta Knight (or, Meta Knight Strikes Back, in the Japanese version)? That was actually never explained, and that's what suggests a gap in known events, to me.

I'm jonesing for some Kirby right now. I might see if I can find a virtual console or eshop title (borrowing parent's Wii right now, and own a 3DS)
Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Super Deluxe, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Kirby 64 should all be available in the Wii Virtual Console selection. The 3DS VC has all of the Game Boy titles, and the wider eShop also has Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe and Kirby Fighters Deluxe, as well. :grin:

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I feel like King Dedede only really gets involved when his power is threatened and, aside from Return to Dreamland, I feel like that's the running theme whenever he helps out. I feel like he cares more about his power than the actual citizens of Popstar. He's essentially your typical politician.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I feel like King Dedede only really gets involved when his power is threatened and, aside from Return to Dreamland, I feel like that's the running theme whenever he helps out. I feel like he cares more about his power than the actual citizens of Popstar. He's essentially your typical politician.
The thing is, he's been outright stated to not really care about the power, nor have any interest in politics. :p

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
And he took the risk of personally sealing Nightmare within the Fountain of Dreams, too. Don't forget that. ;)

Precisely, and that's why I want to see more clashes between them. :laugh: I want to know, or even just get some hints about, what caused that shift. It's pretty obvious from the massive overkill battleship incident* that there's more to it than just Dedede's lazy attitude toward running the kingdom, and it can't be his handling of the Nightmare incident, because the penguin got everything right (the fault lies entirely with Kirby for not allowing Dedede to explain himself, and for releasing Nightmare) and things ended fine with that.

*Just why is it the Revenge of Meta Knight (or, Meta Knight Strikes Back, in the Japanese version)? That was actually never explained, and that's what suggests a gap in known events, to me.

Kirby's Adventure, Kirby Super Deluxe, Kirby's Dream Land 3, and Kirby 64 should all be available in the Wii Virtual Console selection. The 3DS VC has all of the Game Boy titles, and the wider eShop also has Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe and Kirby Fighters Deluxe, as well. :grin:
And apparently if you already own Triple Deluxe, Fighters Deluxe gives you 2 new abilities (one of them beetle, a personal favorite) and a bunch of new stages. Awesome. I might fire up the Wii and go put Kirby 64 on it, one of my favorite Kirby games, until I get Triple Deluxe back.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
And apparently if you already own Triple Deluxe, Fighters Deluxe gives you 2 new abilities (one of them beetle, a personal favorite) and a bunch of new stages. Awesome.
I did not know that, as I haven't picked it up yet (Beetle is one of my favourite new abilities, as well). Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe does similar - having Kirby Triple Deluxe as one of your StreetPass-enabled titles will net you some extra masks for Dedede to wear in-game.

I might fire up the Wii and go put Kirby 64 on it, one of my favorite Kirby games, until I get Triple Deluxe back.
This makes perfect sense, what with Triple Deluxe being one of Kirby 64's direct descendants.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
In Crystal Shards, he helps save not only Pop Star, but an entire solar system, even though the main threat was located on Dark Star, which is the farthest planet in the solar system from Pop Star. He selflessly assists Magolor in Return, and he willingly saves Kirby from Sectonia in Triple Deluxe. Nightmare and Dark Matter also would've hurt a lot more than just his power, had Dedede not taken the initiative.

*Just why is it the Revenge of Meta Knight (or, Meta Knight Strikes Back, in the Japanese version)? That was actually never explained, and that's what suggests a gap in known events, to me.,
If Sakurai possessed the ability of foresight at the time, it could be that the Subspace Emissary actually takes place before Revenge of Meta Knight. Other than that, I can't imagine what Dedede could've done to piss of Meta Knight so heavily. Maybe the Waddle Dee Army did something to upset the Meta-Knights?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Try to put the gigantic pictures in spoilers, please.

Also, looks like the next Smashified video will have more than one character, but it doesn't really matters because it will be released in October, it will not be useful for propaganda. Oh well, at least we made propaganda in the comment section of those videos and I think that was useful.
Ah well, to be frank I don't think any of the Smashified characters thus far really have that big of a chance tbh. With a few exceptions of course. Albeiet very few.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If Sakurai possessed the ability of foresight at the time, it could be that the Subspace Emissary actually takes place before Revenge of Meta Knight.
Whilst The Subspace Emissary has mostly-accurate depictions of characters' behaviour, Smash is not canon, and it's shown in the first two games and is word of god that Smash is about imaginary battles between someone's toys.

Other than that, I can't imagine what Dedede could've done to piss of Meta Knight so heavily. Maybe the Waddle Dee Army did something to upset the Meta-Knights?
Given how the first we see of the bad blood between Dedede and Meta Knight is when Meta Knight is seeking revenge with a massive overkill battleship, we can probably assume that, intentionally or not, Dedede may have started it (assuming that Meta Knight didn't). It may also be possible to infer that Kirby took care of it so as to make up for his idiotic behaviour in Adventure. :p

I do like the idea that the Waddle Dee Army had a hand in it, though. :laugh:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Whilst The Subspace Emissary has mostly-accurate depictions of characters' behaviour, Smash is not canon, and it's shown in the first two games and is word of god that Smash is about imaginary battles between someone's toys.
I know that. It just seemed like the Subspace Emissary would fit perfectly into Kirby canon. It's too good of an opportunity to pass up, if you ask me.

Given how the first we see of the bad blood between Dedede and Meta Knight is when Meta Knight is seeking revenge with a massive overkill battleship, we can probably assume that, intentionally or not, Dedede may have started it (assuming that Meta Knight didn't). It may also be possible to infer that Kirby took care of it so as to make up for his idiotic behaviour in Adventure. :p
Well, considering the story is called "Meta Knight's Revenge," it would imply that Meta Knight is retaliating, so I think it's obvious that Dedede started it someway, somehow.

I do like the idea that the Waddle Dee Army had a hand in it, though. :laugh:
It would make sense. I mean, you've got Batman and his army of dark, brooding minions (and Sailor Waddle Dee), then you've got lazy, happy-go-lucky penguin thing and his army of carefree, cheery minions (and some inanimate objects). They would have to come at odds sometime, and I don't think it's too far-fetched that that could've sparked a war between the two.

Top Bottom