• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I would say that some of the red flags do that on their own...

A little more on-topic and on a lighter note, check this out, guys! :bee: At one point, Kirby was briefly considered for the Nintendo crossover with Skylanders SuperChargers, but it fell flat because Nintendo and HAL Laboratory share the rights to the Kirby series, and Nintendo couldn't simply freely license Kirby out for it.
No way! For real?!

So I looked at the link to the leak again, and apparently someone actually clarified that the characters were NOT going to be region-exclusive, but rather were just being chosen based on who was popular in different parts of the world.

I don't know if it was the original poster or some other anonymous person, but either way... My opinion has completely turned around. Now I want this to be real. :laugh:

Because man, that DLC roster is pretty good in my opinion.

Of course, we have Bandana Dee, and that alone is awesome.
Then Wolf coming back would be pretty cool.
Dixie Kong is honestly my preferred character for if we got another DK rep.
And Shovel Knight is cool too, although a bit unexpected to me.

The leak has a strong chance of being fake, obviously, but if it was real, I would be really happy and excited!
You know, it's funny. On another thread, I thought of the EXACT same theory. That there's a chance Sakurai and the team might look at the most voted characters in ALL regions, and add those characters from there. A part of me wants that to happen, and another is a bit wary on the whole thing...

D

Deleted member

Sometimes I just need to let ignorants be ignorants

Has nothing to do with y'all Mario and Darkest Meta Knight in town .

I think we shouldn't fight amongst each other doesn't help us as a Bandana Family.

Moment of weakness on my part, should of ignored it like last time.
not sure if you're insulting me but when Chandy said let it go i let it go, so lets not bring this up again.

EDIT:oh i get it now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I was thinking about some things Bandana Dee could do to not be "just Spear Kirby", I mean, Meta Knight is a combination of Sword and Wing Kirby and can teleport and Dedede is Hammer Kirby with some additional things like Dedede Jump (Hi Jump?) or Gordo Throw, so... yeah.

Maybe Bandana Dee could use his "servant" role as a method to attack XD

or maybe be a combination of Spear Kirby and Parasol Kirby, or Spear Kirby and Ball Kirby... or summon enemies/classic Kirby items, or use the Megaton Punch in interesting ways (Megaton Spear?), I don't know, what do you think?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I was thinking about some things Bandana Dee could do to not be "just Spear Kirby", I mean, Meta Knight is a combination of Sword and Wing Kirby and can teleport and Dedede is Hammer Kirby with some additional things like Dedede Jump (Hi Jump?) or Gordo Throw, so... yeah.

Maybe Bandana Dee could use his "servant" role as a method to attack XD

or maybe be a combination of Spear Kirby and Parasol Kirby, or Spear Kirby and Ball Kirby... or summon enemies/classic Kirby items, or use the Megaton Punch in interesting ways (Megaton Spear?), I don't know, what do you think?
Chandelure...you are so lucky I'm eating cookies right now, if not, I would be suffering again because of those pancakes. = v =

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I think I'll try my hand at a Question of the Night (or morning, because time zones and ****), what upcoming game are you most excited for? I think it's already obvious what mine is.
I have a couple, but the main one is actually Skylanders SuperChargers Racing for the 3DS (which is part of why I was so happy to see that article that I linked to earlier). Unlike the home-console versions of Skylanders SuperChargers, the 3DS version (and the Wii one, which is the same as the 3DS title) puts all of the focus on racing, meaning that it has the potential to fill in a little bit of the gap left by the absence of a new Kirby racing game, Diddy Kong Racing 2, and a new F-Zero. It's looking very solid.

Question for the masses

Wouldd you like another game like KSSU or like KRTDL?
Either one would be fine, but I lean far more toward the Return to Dream Land/Triple Deluxe style.

Would you like Dedede to be more like him in Nightmare in Dreamland or like him currently
Currently. People don't just randomly ditch years of growth as a person. :p

I think Bandana Dee using his bandana as a parachute would be cool and a reference to the Parasol Dees.
That would be insanely cute. :laugh:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I feel that's what makes us as supporters weaker.

K.Room and Dixie supporters are so strong because they ddon't fight. Imagine if us BDee, Magolor, and Adeliene supporters got along all of us would be so much stronger..I wish we could be better companions.

Auto correct well K.Room 4 Smash.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Please Mario no one was talking to you so butt out ..

Besides every argument you've been in thus far you've been wrong..

Get Zelda Neutral B'ed
I was joking, but keep talking, you're salt is very tasty. Also, I'VE been wrong in every argument? How many of your arguments have ended with you in some kind of emotional distress and going to time out?

Furret24

Smash Master
I was joking, but keep talking, you're salt is very tasty. Also, I'VE been wrong in every argument? How many of your arguments have ended with you in some kind of emotional distress and going to time out?
I personally prefer garlic salt. (Inset Wario Pic Here, Smashboards is Screwing With Me)

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
You really don't know when to stop speaking do you geehee

Catch up.

Like how good is garlic salt..woowee its good

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Please Mario no one was talking to you so butt out ..

Besides every argument you've been in thus far you've been wrong..

Get Zelda Neutral B'ed
Yo! Stop insulting each other! You're both wrong! We're all one big metaphorical family here, not a bunch of countries with unstable relationships!

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Quote="Yoshister, post: 20081174, member: 317709"]Yo! Stop insulting each other! You're both wrong! We're all one big metaphorical family here, not a bunch of countries with unstable relationships![/quote]
Late

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I personally prefer garlic salt. (Inset Wario Pic Here, Smashboards is Screwing With Me)
There's a such thing as garlic salt?
Trust me, you don't want Chandy's wrath.
It will all be better once I set my elaborate plan in action to secure my place as rightful ruler of this thread by putting rocket fuel in Chandy's chair, therefore rocketing him into space.
Uh, ignore that.

AndreaAC

One of the best in the series IMO. It was a truly great game.
But of course, if it wasn't for it, I wouldn't have known Rayman as much as I know him today. The only one I haven't played from the Original Trilogy is the first one, and I don't like RL/RO, So...um... o_o sorry...back to BDEE please don't kill me.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Emotional Distress huh..some people think its funny well..I'm done goodbye I'll return to lurking. I'll return when people ate less irritating. Thanks beginning to think people are right about us.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Emotional Distress huh..some people think its funny well..I'm done goodbye I'll return to lurking. I'll return when people ate less irritating. Thanks beginning to think people are right about us.
One or two users don't represent an entire fanbase.

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
You know, if Bandana Dee made it into Smash, I'd want to make an animation about him getting in. But, I don't really have anything I can use to animate with... :(
And even if I did, I don't think I'd really have any way to share it when it was done, either. :laugh:
Oh well.

AndreaAC

You know, if Bandana Dee made it into Smash, I'd want to make an animation about him getting in. But, I don't really have anything I can use to animate with... :(
And even if I did, I don't think I'd really have any way to share it when it was done, either. :laugh:
Oh well.
TT ^ TT And I wish I could even try that, but I can't even model a glass with soda right, so I doubt I would be able to animate stuff, and sadly, I won't be getting 2D animation, just 3D, I'm getting ready for the creepy glitches to come.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Statement's on you because you and MarioMeteor are probably the worst representatives of us, you being a hyper-agressive deefender and MarioMeteor kinda being a here sometimes (Not all the time, mind you).
Ignore that, more conflict is bad. Anyhow, what do you people think Bandana Dee's playtime would be?

TT ^ TT And I wish I could even try that, but I can't even model a glass with soda right, so I doubt I would be able to animate stuff, and sadly, I won't be getting 2D animation, just 3D, I'm getting ready for the creppy glitches to come.
I just learned how to make 3D models with autodesk inventor 2013 in my engineering class, so I could potentially make a 3D animation (2D would be easier though.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Try Cinema 4D or Blender they are pretty good.

I'm not letting this overcome me

TBH I've never legitimately gotten mad over something like this I go away and try not to let myself get caught up in my self consciousness

I guess I'm just naturally aggressive...

Well then, I'm just going to try yo mellow out...if I step out of line someone call me out...just not MarioMeteor I think me and him have WAYYY different ways of joking and conversating.

Well guess I gotta go somewhere else to get some good conversation

Maybe I'll try more drawing or writing, or reading.

Whatever getting too personal

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I have more of a 2D animation in mind, since I'm not good at making 3D models... I mean, yeah, Bandana Dee is pretty simple in design, but I'm more used to 2D anyway. It seems like it would be easier for me.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Statement's on you because you and MarioMeteor are probably the worst representatives of us, you being a hyper-agressive deefender and MarioMeteor kinda being a here sometimes (Not all the time, mind you).
Ignore that, more conflict is bad. Anyhow, what do you people think Bandana Dee's playtime would be?

I just learned how to make 3D models with autodesk inventor 2013 in my engineering class, so I could potentially make a 3D animation (2D would be easier though.
Being a here? Or is that hero? If so, what do you mean? Cause in the words of Solid Snake, "I'm no hero."

AndreaAC

Since I'm bored, I made a little doodle:
LIL RAY.jpg

My Lil' Ray and Bandana...less...Dee! or BABYSITTER DEE!

< Let's say that he put BDee in charge of Little Ray while he was out, and in the drawing is what happened after he left. xD

D

Deleted member

would you mind drawing kirby in a umaru hamster cloak? it would be so cute!
upload_2015-9-4_21-8-33.png
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC ?

ihopenobodyyellsatme

Last edited by a moderator:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Being a here? Or is that hero? If so, what do you mean? Cause in the words of Solid Snake, "I'm no hero."
I think that by a "being here sometimes", they meant that you don't always actively post here, or something like that...?

Anyway, this isn't entirely Bandana Dee related, but I'm really proud of myself.
Like I said before, I've been playing Kirby Super Star Ultra lately. I've been doing it while I wait for the ballot to finally end, and hopefully for Bandana Dee to be announced. :)
And... I finally beat the True Arena! I've only beaten it once before, and it was on a save file that I've since deleted. So it felt really satisfying to finally complete it again. :D

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Coming from a K. Rool fan, I noticed earlier in here that someone said both fanbases are stronger because they don't fight. That's true, we don't. We usually keep to our own, and both acknowledge that one getting in over the other being a victory for both, even if one is bittersweet for the other. There was times there was silent tension between the two during the height of K. Rool's gravy train pre-Mii Costume. Over all we generally silently support "DK Rep" while some within both fanbases just want their character in, and not the other.

Also, every time I see B.Dee fanart, and how adorable the character is, I like the idea of him being in Smash more and more. I don't know what he sounds like, and sometimes I just imagine Kenny's (from South Park) whimpers in B.Dee. Take that for what you will. He's a ball with a bandana and a pointy stick.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Coming from a K. Rool fan, I noticed earlier in here that someone said both fanbases are stronger because they don't fight. That's true, we don't. We usually keep to our own, and both acknowledge that one getting in over the other being a victory for both, even if one is bittersweet for the other. There was times there was silent tension between the two during the height of K. Rool's gravy train pre-Mii Costume. Over all we generally silently support "DK Rep" while some within both fanbases just want their character in, and not the other.
I think, in that particular instance, fighting with each other within one given thread/fan-base was what was being referred to.

Also, every time I see B.Dee fanart, and how adorable the character is, I like the idea of him being in Smash more and more. I don't know what he sounds like, and sometimes I just imagine Kenny's (from South Park) whimpers in B.Dee. Take that for what you will. He's a ball with a bandana and a pointy stick.
As of the most recent titles that use voice effects for Waddle Dees, the official noise is currently these funny little squeak/quack-like sounds.

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Random thought. What if bandana dee has hair under the bandana?

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, if you could be a standard enemy form any video game series, who would you pick? I would pick a Waddle Dee. If possible with the ability to change between normal and yarn.

Top Bottom