• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
I think Bandana Dee using his bandana as a parachute would be cool and a reference to the Parasol Dees.
That's a great idee.

Random thought. What if bandana dee has hair under the bandana?
Unlikely, as all Waddle Dees are bald. Well, except these:

Hey guys, if you could be a standard enemy form any video game series, who would you pick? I would pick a Waddle Dee. If possible with the ability to change between normal and yarn.
Not having a mouth could be a problem. Although Waddle Dee was somehow able to eat a cookie in the anime.

One of the best in the series IMO. It was a truly great game.
Seriously, how many remakes the game has got? I have Rayman Revolution myself, and I remember when I was about to buy Rayman 3D, only to discover that it was another Rayman 2 remake... :glare: Luckily I found out before I bought it.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Not having a mouth could be a problem. Although Waddle Dee was somehow able to eat a cookie in the anime.
And Kirby 64's Waddle Dee eats a localisation-resistant onigiri* during the Goal Game in that title.

*No, really, it's true. The onigiri food item that Kirby can pick up in-game was swapped out for a sandwich in the international versions, but the one eaten by Waddle Dee remains nonetheless.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
And Kirby 64's Waddle Dee eats a localisation-resistant onigiri* during the Goal Game in that title.

*No, really, it's true. The onigiri food item that Kirby can pick up in-game was swapped out for a sandwich in the international versions, but the one eaten by Waddle Dee remains nonetheless.
*Not a jelly filled donut
I am disappoint Nintendo

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero

It was a stealth onigiri. Now I'm imagining one with a ninja suit on.

D

Deleted member

Guys I know what I'm about to show you has nothing to do with bandana waddle dee but I feel like this is wonderful news that I need too show you all.

:bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump: I'M SO HYPE RIGHT NOW!!!

Guys I know what I'm about to show you has nothing to do with bandana waddle dee but I feel like this is wonderful news that I need too show you all.

:bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump::bluejump: I'M SO HYPE RIGHT NOW!!!
HYPE. Though I heard the news already in the K. Rool thread. Hopefully the new guy will also finish the series, unlike Alvin "I have fans wait a new episode for 3 years and then tell them it will never come" Earthworm. Yes, I am still :salt: about it.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64

OMG THE WEEK KEEPS GETTING BETTER. FIRST I FOUND A SITE WHERE I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY MOTHER 3 AND NOW THIS?!?!?!?!!
OMG MOTHER 3 AND SUPER MARIO BROS Z IM LEGIT CRYING RIGHT NOW.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
TT ^ TT And I wish I could even try that, but I can't even model a glass with soda right, so I doubt I would be able to animate stuff, and sadly, I won't be getting 2D animation, just 3D, I'm getting ready for the creppy glitches to come.
I can't believe I forgot the word jerk.
Edit: How do I turn off autocorrect?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor I had a feeling about this rumor so don't jump to conclusions. What else does @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin have to say about it. Is it completely debunked, or does it a a slight chance of coming true?

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@ NintenZ NintenZ I got some references for your previous request, but, which character you want them to be dressed as?
1665096-bigthumbnail.jpg

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It would've been even better if they hadn't replaced them at all all and had Dee say "I love sandwiches! Cheese-filled are my favorite!" :troll:
That reminds me of Xenoblade Chronicles. Originally, Fiora was supposed to bring Shulk curry, but that was a misogynist stereotype in Japan, so they changed it to a sandwich. So by avoiding one stereotype in one country, they unknowingly put in another one from another country. Beautiful job, Japan.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Wolf dressed as the one to the right, shovel knight as the one next to him, Dixie's the girl, and Bandana Dee is the last one. How do that do?

@PushDustIn has an article on this on Sourcegaming.
Oh, ok. Well, I may try to start it later in the day. thank you.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
We really need to stop asking Andrea for personal artwork...I can't help but feel like we are using her
Well, at least I'm not the only one who thought that
It was also the reason of why I was so unsure about asking her to draw me a new avatar :nervous:

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
So, I've been trying to compare various Kirby characters/bosses to Pokemon.
I have this much right now:

Kirby - Cleffa (preferably bred to know Metronome)
Keeby (because why not?) - Togepi
Whispy Woods - Sudowoodo
Heavy Lobster (just because) - Crawdaunt
King Dedede - Prinplup
Chameleo Arm (again, just because) - Kecleon

Oh hey, it's a full team's worth!

I wanted to find Pokemon to match Meta Knight and Bandana Dee, but nothing is really similar enough to either of them...

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I have just thought of a move for BDee. Instead of Spear Throw, he dons a Hat Cannon and fires (Who'd think that. A BDee projectile that isn't the spear). For reference:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So, I've been trying to compare various Kirby characters/bosses to Pokemon.
I have this much right now:

Kirby - Cleffa (preferably bred to know Metronome)
Keeby (because why not?) - Togepi
Whispy Woods - Sudowoodo
Heavy Lobster (just because) - Crawdaunt
King Dedede - Prinplup
Chameleo Arm (again, just because) - Kecleon

Oh hey, it's a full team's worth!

I wanted to find Pokemon to match Meta Knight and Bandana Dee, but nothing is really similar enough to either of them...
Kirby - Normal/Flying
Meta Knight - Dark/Flying
King Dedede - Water (?)/Flying
Bandanna Dee - Normal/Flying
Magolor - Dark/Flying
Sectonia - Bug/Flying
Whispy Woods - Normal/Ground
Sailor Waddle Dee - Normal/Water (because he's a sailor)
Miracle Matter - Everything but Bug and Fairy
Dark/Daroach - Dark/Fairy (because the Triple Star cane)
Waddle Doo - Normal/Electric
That's all I got.
I have just thought of a move for BDee. Instead of Spear Throw, he dons a Hat Cannon and fires (Who'd think that. A BDee projectile that isn't the spear). For reference:
I had an idea for a down special where he pulls out a Shotzo and shoots cannonballs from it, but I liked the Waddle Dee hop better.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
But yeah...I definitely recall Waddle Dee chowing down after the end of each level in Kirby 64, despite lacking any sort of visible mouth. Maybe he just absorbs food via osmosis. That's kinda creepy to think about actually.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
But yeah...I definitely recall Bandana Dee chowing down after the end of each level, despite lacking any sort of visible mouth. Maybe he just absorbs food via osmosis. That's kinda creepy to think about actually.
"Every living creature needs nourishment" :drwtf:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
After walking around for half an hour I got another couple of questions

What direction would you like Meta Knight to be taken?

What do you think their next step with Galacta Knight will be?

Do you ever think BDee will have a legitimate boss battle?

I think about the way these questions may be answered from you guys
..I expect a troll face from M.P.

Gods let me be right.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind Galacta Knight actually making another appearance. You know, one that mattered and actually being fully important to the story. Maybe reveal more about Galacta Knight's past. GK is a pretty awesome character and wouldn't mind a game designed around him (or a Meta Knight centric game for that matter), but good luck getting a Kirby game without Kirby.

Imagine a "Year of Meta Knight" or "Year of Bandana Dee". Like Year of Luigi.

Furret24

Smash Master
Wow. I've been here for 100 pages. That was fast.
I've been on here for roughly 170 pages over the span of 2.5 months. Time sure does fluctuate it's speed a lot doesn't it.

When looking for my exact page, I stumbled across page 387.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
After walking around for half an hour I got another couple of questions

What direction would you like Meta Knight to be taken?

What do you think their next step with Galacta Knight will be?

Do you ever think BDee will have a legitimate boss battle?

I think about the way these questions may be answered from you guys
..I expect a troll face from M.P.

Gods let me be right.
Since Bandanna Dee has kinda taken over as Kirby's right-hand man, I think Meta Knight should go back to being the neutral force that balances out Kirby's good and Monster of the Week's evil. As in, he'll do what it takes to protect Dreamland, even if his methods seem questionable.
As for Galacta Knight, I'm pretty sure he's going to stay Meta Knight's rival, because I doubt being only the second strongest knight in the galaxy is sitting well with him.
Bandanna Dee has pretty much solidified himself as a protagonist, so unless he gets possessed or something, we're probably not getting a boss fight from him. Although, do we really need another one? He's already the hardest boss to ever exist.

D

Deleted member

HYPE. Though I heard the news already in the K. Rool thread. Hopefully the new guy will also finish the series, unlike Alvin "I have fans wait a new episode for 3 years and then tell them it will never come" Earthworm. Yes, I am still :salt: about it.
It being done by the same person.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Since Bandanna Dee has kinda taken over as Kirby's right-hand man, I think Meta Knight should go back to being the neutral force that balances out Kirby's good and Monster of the Week's evil. As in, he'll do what it takes to protect Dreamland, even if his methods seem questionable.
As for Galacta Knight, I'm pretty sure he's going to stay Meta Knight's rival, because I doubt being only the second strongest knight in the galaxy is sitting well with him.
Bandanna Dee has pretty much solidified himself as a protagonist, so unless he gets possessed or something, we're probably not getting a boss fight from him. Although, do we really need another one? He's already the hardest boss to ever exist.
Dude, with them spear skills, I'm not even going to lie, I'm a bit afraid of B.D. now,. I feel that if he can get in close, he can be a SERIOUS threat.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Dude, with them spear skills, I'm not even going to lie, I'm a bit afraid of B.D. now,. I feel that if he can get in close, he can be a SERIOUS threat.
He doesn't need to get in close. That's kind of the point of a spear. Pun not intended.

Top Bottom