• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I was agreeing with you. That's why I said it would make no sense to have region exclusives.

I didn't even read the leak because I've already heard enough about it from here.
Oh, OK. :p
In that case... Yeah. And continuing from what I already said before.... It wouldn't even make sense from a business perspective, since it would restrict the amount of sales for the DLC characters. I'm sure that even some people in Japan, who don't know who Shovel Knight is, would still buy his DLC for the sake of completing the roster. And the leak even stated directly that Bandana Dee is popular in Japan and the west, so it would be unfair for his western fans (like myself) if only people in Japan could purchase his DLC.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I had school...

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
How about this: You all stop talking about the Shovel Knight leaks. I'm starting to hate him now.
Sorry :c.
Yep, this place is totally a circlejerk, Waddle Dee is totally not a legitimate character, and everyone here is hereby declared a band-wagoner. Seems legit.

Also, if you know or think you know who posted this, please for the sake of Bandana Dee, DON'T say who, it's best to avoid starting up some unnecessary flame war with these kinds of stubborn folk.

I have a question: Why were :dedede: and:metaknight: disliked when they appeared in Super Smash Bros.Brawl ?
Assuming you don't mean from a competitive standpoint, I think the reason is that some people thought Kirby was being favored because it got two newcomers at once, albeit I think they were overdue anyway, and most people didn't share that line of thought, but it still wasn't that uncommon of a chain of thought back then.

I'm going to get some sleep now, so should I say "good night", or "good afternoon" since it's afternoon in the most common timezones here? Regardless of timezones and what not, have a good day.:)

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Yeah don't talk to people on 4chan....they're kinda crazy besides they call all fan supporter some Kind of disrespectful name.

Isaacfags
Kroolfags
Etc

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Actually the grammar HELPS the leak due to the fact that the person would live on Japan and therefore have bad grammar.
It really, really doesn't. The "grammar" present in that post is not like that of a native Japanese speaker, and the author claims to not be Japanese.

Also, it's clearly bunk quite apart from that detail and the blindingly obvious "I work at/know someone who works at"-style opener. Reason being, almost every justification given there has simply been pulled from things translated at @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's Source Gaming site (for example, the bit about modelling and animating Wolf, which is an enormous red flag*), or around here on Smashboards.

*If I'm not mistaken, Smash 3DS and Wii U make great use of assets from the previous game. Why would they model and animate Wolf all over again when they can build on what's already been done? ;)

I think Shovel Knight is inevitable, regardless of whether or not the leak is real. He has far too much popularity, moveset potential, and ties with Nintendo to pass up. I can understand why people wouldn't want him in, though.
I'm indifferent on the character, myself (the game never interested me), but it's worth noting that perception of popularity often falls victim to an echo-chamber effect. Shovel Knight has had around 700k sales across all of the platforms that it's been released on, and the game isn't available in one of the "big three" gaming regions at all. That's fantastic for such a title, but in terms of exposure, it's difficult to equate it to large amounts of popularity at this time.

Totally unrelated, but imagine a Kirby styled 3DS. Then you could call it the DededeS (3DS). Or, the DeeS.
I don't have to imagine it.

:grin:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
The leak doesn't seem to have been written by a Japanese speaker. They make very different mistakes than what a Japanese speaker would make.

Source: I live in Japan.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Glad you think so and sorry that I couldn't even start your other request, it was, kind of complex, and I would need much more time in another day.
Oh no, it's fine! Please take your time!
It really, really doesn't. The "grammar" present in that post is not like that of a native Japanese speaker, and the author claims to not be Japanese.

Also, it's clearly bunk quite apart from that detail and the blindingly obvious "I work at/know someone who works at"-style opener. Reason being, almost every justification given there has simply been pulled from things translated at @ PushDustIn PushDustIn 's Source Gaming site (for example, the bit about modelling and animating Wolf, which is an enormous red flag*), or around here on Smashboards.

*If I'm not mistaken, Smash 3DS and Wii U make great use of assets from the previous game. Why would they model and animate Wolf all over again when they can build on what's already been done? ;)

I'm indifferent on the character, myself (the game never interested me), but it's worth noting that perception of popularity often falls victim to an echo-chamber effect. Shovel Knight has had around 700k sales across all of the platforms that it's been released on, and the game isn't available in one of the "big three" gaming regions at all. That's fantastic for such a title, but in terms of exposure, it's difficult to equate it to large amounts of popularity at this time.

I don't have to imagine it.

:grin:
The leak doesn't seem to have been written by a Japanese speaker. They make very different mistakes than what a Japanese speaker would make.

Source: I live in Japan.
So does this debunk the rumor?

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I would say that some of the red flags do that on their own...

A little more on-topic and on a lighter note, check this out, guys! :bee: At one point, Kirby was briefly considered for the Nintendo crossover with Skylanders SuperChargers, but it fell flat because Nintendo and HAL Laboratory share the rights to the Kirby series, and Nintendo couldn't simply freely license Kirby out for it.
Oh no, something inside told me it was real, I never give into text leaks, WHY NOW?!?!

More related lighter part: Gee, Princess Peach is always considered for these things and replaced with Donkey Kong, Punch Out is an example.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh no, it's fine! Please take your time!

No, but several other things do. Honestly, after what happened with the last time they thought about doing region-locked characters, it's ridiculous that this leak even exists. That's 4chan for you, I guess.
I think I'll try my hand at a Question of the Night (or morning, because time zones and ****), what upcoming game are you most excited for? I think it's already obvious what mine is.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
So I looked at the link to the leak again, and apparently someone actually clarified that the characters were NOT going to be region-exclusive, but rather were just being chosen based on who was popular in different parts of the world.

I don't know if it was the original poster or some other anonymous person, but either way... My opinion has completely turned around. Now I want this to be real. :laugh:

Because man, that DLC roster is pretty good in my opinion.

Of course, we have Bandana Dee, and that alone is awesome.
Then Wolf coming back would be pretty cool.
Dixie Kong is honestly my preferred character for if we got another DK rep.
And Shovel Knight is cool too, although a bit unexpected to me.

The leak has a strong chance of being fake, obviously, but if it was real, I would be really happy and excited!

D

Deleted member

why do you always look for something to make you mad?
try finding something that's not people insulting the dee for once.
the rumor debunked itself.
Gee, Princess Peach is always considered for these things and replaced with Donkey Kong, Punch Out is an example.
probably because people like apes chasing anyone stealing bananas more then a princess getting kidnapped.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
No, but several other things do. Honestly, after what happened with the last time they thought about doing region-locked characters, it's ridiculous that this leak even exists. That's 4chan for you, I guess.
I think I'll try my hand at a Question of the Night (or morning, because time zones and ****), what upcoming game are you most excited for? I think it's already obvious what mine is.

probably because people like apes chasing anyone stealing bananas more then a princess getting kidnapped.
But it can't be, I'm never gullible when it comes to rumors.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
But it can't be, I'm never gullible when it comes to rumors.
Well, your mind must've made an exception, cause this leak is 100%, prime-cut, Grade A bull****, fresh out the oven. Honestly, of all the leaks to believe, you choose this one? Not the Rayman leak or something more believable?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Geehee you don't know mad Ghostly..I just find things to talk about... I don't speak here unless it something interesting so please stop assuming

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Geehee you don't know mad Ghostly..I just find things to talk about... I don't speak here unless it something interesting so please stop assuming
I've seen mad Ghostly. It's somehow less legible than normal Ghostly. #shotsfired
But seriously, he has a point. It's like all the Deetractors find you.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I've seen mad Ghostly. It's somehow less legible than normal Ghostly. #shotsfired
But seriously, he has a point. It's like all the Deetractors find you.
Please Mario no one was talking to you so butt out ..

Besides every argument you've been in thus far you've been wrong..

Get Zelda Neutral B'ed

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, your mind must've made an exception, cause this leak is 100%, prime-cut, Grade A bull****, fresh out the oven. Honestly, of all the leaks to believe, you choose this one? Not the Rayman leak or something more believable?
When it comes to picture and video leaks, that's a whole different story, and I have belived in rumors, but they've all been true.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Question for the masses

Wouldd you like another game like KSSU or like KRTDL?

Would you like Dedede to be more like him in Nightmare in Dreamland or like him currently

Last edited:

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure Uh... Both! I actually have both games and they are both amazing to me. In fact, I have been playing KSSU very recently. I haven't played KRTDL recently, though... I want to, but the Wii isn't plugged in currently.

But yeah, both styles are really good in my opinion. A new game in either style is fine by me!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Sometimes I just need to let ignorants be ignorants

Has nothing to do with y'all Mario and Darkest Meta Knight in town .

I think we shouldn't fight amongst each other doesn't help us as a Bandana Family.

Moment of weakness on my part, should of ignored it like last time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom