• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
Actually the grammar HELPS the leak due to the fact that the person would live on Japan and therefore have bad grammar.
Yes, it might, but I still don't think it's real, mainly because "I work at Namco" -thing. I won't believe any leak that claims something like that, unless the leak has some actual evidence, like a video.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Yes, because it makes so much sense that he would add region exclusive characters. (obvious sarcasm is obvious)
Um... I literally just explained in that post why I don't think Sakurai would add region-exclusive characters. In other words, I already know it wouldn't make sense... If the leak is saying that there will be region-exclusive characters, then this might be another reason to think it is fake.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Um... I literally just explained in that post why I don't think Sakurai would add region-exclusive characters. In other words, I already know it wouldn't make sense... If the leak is saying that there will be region-exclusive characters, then this might be another reason to think it is fake.
I was agreeing with you. That's why I said it would make no sense to have region exclusives.

I didn't even read the leak because I've already heard enough about it from here.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I was agreeing with you. That's why I said it would make no sense to have region exclusives.

I didn't even read the leak because I've already heard enough about it from here.
I literally don't belive in text leaks 99.9% of the time, but I have a good feeling this could be true, not saying it's absolutely real, but I belive it for the time being. And no, he's appearently adding characters based off popularity in their respective region.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I literally don't be live in text leaks 99.9% of the time, but I have a good feeling this could be true, not saying it's absolutely real, but I belive it for the time being. And no, he's appearently adding characters based off popularity in their respective region.
I :bowser: disbelieve the leak more than the Gematsu leaks (which BTW I didn't believe for a second) because it just makes no sense. I think that Sakurai will add characters of his own choice, hence SUGGESTION BOX. Plus, Takamaru was cut because of low worldwide popularity, so what if the top character in Japan is unknown in America?

I'm like Derrick of GameXplain, I need actual proof to believe a leak.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I :bowser: disbelieve the leak more than the Gematsu leaks (which BTW I didn't believe for a second) because it just makes no sense. I think that Sakurai will add characters of his own choice, hence SUGGESTION BOX. Plus, Takamaru was cut because of low worldwide popularity, so what if the top character in Japan is unknown in America?

I'm like Derrick of GameXplain, I need actual proof to believe a leak.
I'm just going to say that that leak was most likely real, and I beleived it because it had Wii Fit Trainer correct, it's still a suggestion box but they probably factored in number of votes possibly to see who's popular and who's being talked about, in addition to if they'll work in a Smash Bros environment. So it's still a suggestion box.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I am hoping that Bandana Waddle Dee gets the Top spot in Smash Bros as a DLC fighter! There is no deining that this little felloow packs-a-punch that will leave his opponents enraged! I'll keep up the good posts here because Bandana Waddle Dee is cool.
Your positive attitude is good and all but you know instead basically posting the same support post all the time, you could contribute to a conversation.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's on 4chan, that should give you all the information you need.
Actually the grammar HELPS the leak due to the fact that the person would live on Japan and therefore have bad grammar.
Speaking of bad grammar, "live on Japan?" And also, I'm pretty sure they have translators for that.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
It's on 4chan, that should give you all the information you need.

Speaking of bad grammar, "live on Japan?" And also, I'm pretty sure they have translators for that.
Auto-correct, sure it's on 4Chan, but there were other leaks on that site.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Region locking a character would be an incredibly stupid move. It wouldn't be fair for the people who wanted to play as them.

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
About i "I work for a game company" leaks...
remember this one
Alright, before I go into detail about everything and everyone calls me a fake, let me speak.
First off, I do not want to give very many details about my source, because I am aware of what happened with the “ESRB” leak, and the leaker himself. As you can imagine, I certainly don’t want to end up like him. All I will say is that I work at Nintendo of America on various positions.
About a week or so ago, one of my co-workers showed me and a few others a video about Smash Bros. They said they were “two new character trailers”.
I have not heard anything else about this, so excuse me as I am merely going off of memory from what I saw. I apologize in advance if I am unable to describe everything perfectly, as I am not familiar with some franchises.
The first trailer began with the Smash Brothers logo as usual, and it was a cinematic set on a mountain with what I assume is King Dedede’s castle. It quickly faded out into a scene of Kirby running inside it, with Mario and a few others who I wasn’t able to clearly see.
King Dedede was then seen hitting some sort of button with his hammer followed by Kirby falling into a trap while the others are fighting his Waddle Dee army.
Kirby is locked into a ring with King Dedede, he dodges his attacks, and easily beats him. He is about to finish him off when a spear flies onto the ring and hits Kirby. A silhoutte is from the back with King Dedede looking back with a silly face and surprise, as Waddle Dee (with a Blue Bandana) gets onto the ring. He makes an odd pose with a spear the tagline “Bandana Dee Waddles into Battle!” shows up, then it cuts to gameplay.
The music during this part was some sort of Green Greens remix which I was not familiar with. He appears on a large new stage with green plains and tan structures in the background. From memory, a lot of his moves are based around his spear. He has one where he twirls it above his head to fly, and overall, he throws it around quite a lot. Another clip in the gameplay footage showed him next to the other Kirby characters, and one with him next to Knuckle Joe fighting.
The final gameplay clip had what I assume is his Final Smash(?) where he summons a large orange dragon with four heads. They blasted fire everywhere, then into the center to end the trailer.
After the Smash logo appears, it fades out, then back in again to show a Kirby-sized levitating blue creature with horns. It made a noise with a caption under it that says “Smash Bros? This should be interesting..”
Now for Ridley’s trailer.
Similar to Sonic’s trailer, it starts off with a clip of Samus and Charizard fighting on the Pyrosphere stage. In a cinematic style, Samus lands on the ground after being attacked by Charizard. Right before she gets up, a shadow of Ridley like the one in the Direct appears above her, with Samus looking up. It zooms in on her eyes and shows a sepia-tone flashback of all the past newcomer taglines in a quick manner. (Villager comes to town! Mega Man joins the battle! etc.) Which then goes back to Samus.
She moves out of the way, and Ridley lands. Just like in Little Mac’s trailer, it pans in on different parts of his body, which leads up to his head. He’s about to show his newcomer tagline, but is interrupted.
It makes another reference to Little Mac’s trailer. It zooms out between the 3 fighters, and it shows that Ridley is considerably larger than the other two. Out of nowhere, a bunch of Mario Mushrooms fall out of the sky shrinking Ridley down immensely. Right after that, Ridley screeches and it shows his tagline: “Ridley Sizes Up for Battle!”
It then cuts to gameplay with him on the Pyrosphere stage. Before him land 3 other fighters, Shulk, Pac-Man and Dr. Mario. I assume he gets revealed prior to this?
The music in his trailer was a remix of the traditional Ridley theme but it sounded very well from what I heard. There’s a scene of him defeating the Mother Brain Assist Trophy, and taunting next to Dark Samus. Another gameplay clip has him flying around the Boxing Ring stage, with Little Mac struggling to attack him. (A few bits of laughter from other employees came around the room during this scene.) The final scene I remember seeing was him fighting other characters on a Wii U stage. I’ve played enough Metroid to recognize that he was on Tourian, with the 16-bit golden boss statue in the background.
From what I recall, they didn’t show his Final Smash, they just had a cinematic of him flying towards the screen at the end of the trailer. There were more scenes in it, but they didn’t stand out to me very much.
And that’s the content I saw. Again, I apologize if I wasn’t able to name all of the parts or characters, as there are some games in the Kirby series I haven’t played. I’m more of a Metroid and Zelda person.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
About i "I work for a game company" leaks...
remember this one
Alright, before I go into detail about everything and everyone calls me a fake, let me speak.
First off, I do not want to give very many details about my source, because I am aware of what happened with the “ESRB” leak, and the leaker himself. As you can imagine, I certainly don’t want to end up like him. All I will say is that I work at Nintendo of America on various positions.
About a week or so ago, one of my co-workers showed me and a few others a video about Smash Bros. They said they were “two new character trailers”.
I have not heard anything else about this, so excuse me as I am merely going off of memory from what I saw. I apologize in advance if I am unable to describe everything perfectly, as I am not familiar with some franchises.
The first trailer began with the Smash Brothers logo as usual, and it was a cinematic set on a mountain with what I assume is King Dedede’s castle. It quickly faded out into a scene of Kirby running inside it, with Mario and a few others who I wasn’t able to clearly see.
King Dedede was then seen hitting some sort of button with his hammer followed by Kirby falling into a trap while the others are fighting his Waddle Dee army.
Kirby is locked into a ring with King Dedede, he dodges his attacks, and easily beats him. He is about to finish him off when a spear flies onto the ring and hits Kirby. A silhoutte is from the back with King Dedede looking back with a silly face and surprise, as Waddle Dee (with a Blue Bandana) gets onto the ring. He makes an odd pose with a spear the tagline “Bandana Dee Waddles into Battle!” shows up, then it cuts to gameplay.
The music during this part was some sort of Green Greens remix which I was not familiar with. He appears on a large new stage with green plains and tan structures in the background. From memory, a lot of his moves are based around his spear. He has one where he twirls it above his head to fly, and overall, he throws it around quite a lot. Another clip in the gameplay footage showed him next to the other Kirby characters, and one with him next to Knuckle Joe fighting.
The final gameplay clip had what I assume is his Final Smash(?) where he summons a large orange dragon with four heads. They blasted fire everywhere, then into the center to end the trailer.
After the Smash logo appears, it fades out, then back in again to show a Kirby-sized levitating blue creature with horns. It made a noise with a caption under it that says “Smash Bros? This should be interesting..”
Now for Ridley’s trailer.
Similar to Sonic’s trailer, it starts off with a clip of Samus and Charizard fighting on the Pyrosphere stage. In a cinematic style, Samus lands on the ground after being attacked by Charizard. Right before she gets up, a shadow of Ridley like the one in the Direct appears above her, with Samus looking up. It zooms in on her eyes and shows a sepia-tone flashback of all the past newcomer taglines in a quick manner. (Villager comes to town! Mega Man joins the battle! etc.) Which then goes back to Samus.
She moves out of the way, and Ridley lands. Just like in Little Mac’s trailer, it pans in on different parts of his body, which leads up to his head. He’s about to show his newcomer tagline, but is interrupted.
It makes another reference to Little Mac’s trailer. It zooms out between the 3 fighters, and it shows that Ridley is considerably larger than the other two. Out of nowhere, a bunch of Mario Mushrooms fall out of the sky shrinking Ridley down immensely. Right after that, Ridley screeches and it shows his tagline: “Ridley Sizes Up for Battle!”
It then cuts to gameplay with him on the Pyrosphere stage. Before him land 3 other fighters, Shulk, Pac-Man and Dr. Mario. I assume he gets revealed prior to this?
The music in his trailer was a remix of the traditional Ridley theme but it sounded very well from what I heard. There’s a scene of him defeating the Mother Brain Assist Trophy, and taunting next to Dark Samus. Another gameplay clip has him flying around the Boxing Ring stage, with Little Mac struggling to attack him. (A few bits of laughter from other employees came around the room during this scene.) The final scene I remember seeing was him fighting other characters on a Wii U stage. I’ve played enough Metroid to recognize that he was on Tourian, with the 16-bit golden boss statue in the background.
From what I recall, they didn’t show his Final Smash, they just had a cinematic of him flying towards the screen at the end of the trailer. There were more scenes in it, but they didn’t stand out to me very much.
And that’s the content I saw. Again, I apologize if I wasn’t able to name all of the parts or characters, as there are some games in the Kirby series I haven’t played. I’m more of a Metroid and Zelda person.
I never beleved this for a second.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Ryu didn't really get a fancy trailer, compared to the other newcomers. I kind of doubt that any downloadable character will get trailers with complex animation.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Also many have claimed to work at Namco but few (if any) have actually claimed to have been fired from a NDA. Also he actually offered to answer questions too.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Guys, please belive me when I say that I take everything at face-value.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
If anyone believes the leak raise your hand. :kirby:Like this. If you don't believe it, :bowser:.

:bowser:
:bowser: Who knows, it may be true, but it's way too easy to make these things, and some of the results seem expertly picked to cause controversy. I give it a 3% chance of being real.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Hey guys, assuming that the popular 4 (K.Rool, BDee, Wolf and Isaac) get in, what will their Kirby hats be. We already know Wolf, Dee it's kinda assumed the bandana, but what about K.Rool and Isaac? I mean, we already have a few crowns so K.Rool's may be confusing. And Issac's will probably be his hair, but that seems unoriginal.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Hey guys, assuming that the popular 4 (K.Rool, BDee, Wolf and Isaac) get in, what will their Kirby hats be. We already know Wolf, Dee it's kinda assumed the bandana, but what about K.Rool and Isaac? I mean, we already have a few crowns so K.Rool's may be confusing. And Issac's will probably be his hair, but that seems unoriginal.
I guess K. Rool could give Kirby his bloodshot eye but that might look weird. Isaac gives Kirby his scarf-cape thingy?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
:bowser: Who knows, it may be true, but it's way too easy to make these things, and some of the results seem expertly picked to cause controversy. I give it a 3% chance of being real.
Well doesn't every character cause a bit of controversy?

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I put 50 gil to it being silly and including a third party character with little to no hopes.
Well... Shovel Knight. Unsure of how high/low his chances are. More than likely quite low due to practically not existing in Japan. Case in point when the Shovel Knight amiibo was announced.

Burruni

Smash Hero

Burruni

Smash Hero
Oh, that one. Eh, I'm pretty sure it's fake.

Unless a text leak has something accompanying it, like pictures (ESRB leak) or data (Royu) or from a more credible source (Gematsu), it's probably bogus.

:231:
But, Falzie
Don't you remember all of our accurate leaks that weren't part of that list?
Like Tower of Smash
or Alphabet Soup
or RosalinaX
or that dude who said Jigglypuff & Ganondorf were cut
or that dude who said Falco was going to be revealed on the website 2 months before the game actually came out
or literally hundreds of people DON'T TRUST LEAKS, FOOLS.
OMNI SHOULD'VE TAUGHT YOU BETTER, YOU CAN'T EVEN TRUST FOOTAGE OF MENUS!

Edit:
Lots of people think he's got bigger chances, especially because of his amiibo as of late. Not paying you yet. A true Merchant never gives her gold, not even when getting restocks. I call it the Five Finger Discount
Hey. I said "silly," and "with a 3rd party with little to no hopes."
It's a 4chan text-only leak starring Shovel Knight.
Even if he gets in the game, I was right.
I've lost units to 1% crits to know never to rule out low odds.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
But, Falzie
Like Tower of Smash
or Alphabet Soup
or RosalinaX
or that dude who said Falco was going to be revealed on the website 2 months before the game actually came out
I forgot you were around then. It feels like forever

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I don't know if I ever believed a Smash leak. I only got into Smash around February, which then got me into Kirby, which then eventually led me here.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
But, Falzie
Like Tower of Smash
or Alphabet Soup
or RosalinaX
I don't remember anything other than the Tower of Smash. :p

:231:

Top Bottom