• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I know we brought up the Japanese Kirby figurinces in here before, but I didn't know they made others like these;

O___O OMG, If something like this was done for Ribbon, Adeline, BDee, Meta and many more characters I love?

Take it. EVERYTHING! I MUST HAVE THEM ALL! NAO! O____O

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I know we brought up the Japanese Kirby figurinces in here before, but I didn't know they made others like these;

O___O OMG, If something like this was done for Ribbon, Adeline, BDee, Meta and many more characters I love?

Take it. EVERYTHING! I MUST HAVE THEM ALL! NAO! O____O
Well, Kirby and MK already have quality figures like those.

Of course, I want it.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You know guys, I was asking you all about how you'd picture B.D. in a hypothetical Kirby Air Ride sequel....:smirk: Here's the questions again in case anyone missed them. Still, I'm a little surprised. Has this many people NEVER played Kirby Air Ride before? Oh ,well.

1. Do you all think that he would be a playable character?
2. If you do think that he would be playable , do you also think he'll get a "pre-determined" Air Ride machine (Just like King DDD)
3. If he did, what would it be, and what would it look like?
4. Do you think he would he "fly" by himself? (Spear-Copter) (MK)
5. Or do you simply think he would be allowed to select ANY Air Ride Machine he wanted? (Kirby)

Personally......I think he'd choose his own Air Ride machine to ride, just like Kirby.:chuckle: Partially, because of this:http://thatwaddledeewiththebandanna.tumblr.com/page/3 (Check out the very first post on that page.:love:)
I'm sorry to say that I can't answer any of this (and chose not to previously), mainly because I don't think that a hypothetical Air Ride follow-up would actually be all that much like the first one to begin with, due in part to the reception that the first one got (which I think was due in part to poor marketing - it was a bad idea to position it as a Mario Kart-alike when the meat of the game was in the utterly crazy City Trial mode), and due in part to how mascot-based racing titles have changed since then. As a result, I picture something rather less madcap, now.

I'm certain that, whatever it turned out to be, that Bandana Dee would definitely be in it, though. That's about all I can imagine about it. :laugh:

LF2K

Floor Diver
It's really not much... but I flipped BD around for my signature. If any of you needed his pose mirrored, here you go.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm sorry to say that I can't answer any of this (and chose not to previously), mainly because I don't think that a hypothetical Air Ride follow-up would actually be all that much like the first one to begin with, due in part to the reception that the first one got (which I think was due in part to poor marketing - it was a bad idea to position it as a Mario Kart-alike when the meat of the game was in the utterly crazy City Trial mode), and due in part to how mascot-based racing titles have changed since then. As a result, I picture something rather less madcap, now.

I'm certain that, whatever it turned out to be, that Bandana Dee would definitely be in it, though. That's about all I can imagine about it. :laugh:
Oh, I understand. I guess I should re-word this as how do you all think B.D. work out if he was in the FIRST Kirby Air Ride? OK, answers, everyone! I'll take any answer.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Oh, I understand. I guess I should re-word this as how do you all think B.D. work out if he was in the FIRST Kirby Air Ride? OK, answers, everyone! I'll take any answer.
Works for me! :laugh:

1. Do you all think that he would be a playable character?
We'll pre-suppose this for the purpose of this exercise. ;)

2. If you do think that he would be playable , do you also think he'll get a "pre-determined" Air Ride machine (Just like King DDD)
Pre-determined, definitely.

3. If he did, what would it be, and what would it look like?
Probably somewhat like a Nruff. :laugh:

4. Do you think he would he "fly" by himself? (Spear-Copter) (MK)
That could work.

5. Or do you simply think he would be allowed to select ANY Air Ride Machine he wanted? (Kirby)
No, since, if I'm remembering it right (though it has been some years, so please pardon me if I've remembered this incorrectly), nobody but Kirby gets to use anything else.

And now I'll pose a question of my own, on the topic of Kirby racers: If there was a new Kirby racing title, whether it was an Air Ride follow-up or something less crazy, which established locations would you like to see tracks of? (It's a given that there'd be some unique ones for such a game, but we'll ignore those for this. ;))

As I said above, I'd love to race through/around Castle Dedede. It would be great to race on a circuit starting from just outside the entrance to the building, and ending with a jump out through the ceiling, probably in the same spot that Kirby sent poor Dedede flying through all those years ago - bonus points if you could see obvious repairs there at the start (looking quite old) and/or as the laps go on. :laugh: (And even more bonus points if you could see Waddle Dees wearing hard-hats and armed with toolkits nearby, ready to repair the roof each time.)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

zeroTwo3.jpg

I think this is going to be the last Constellation I will do for today. Zero Two.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, that's true... and thanks, now my arms hurt XD

Next month? For the end of the ballot, I'm sure they will show something awesome, but I don't know... I just want some information now.
Or maybe a decent leak, the Shovel Knight one was "hype" for like one day.
Finally, all you had to do was ask! I don't usually give into text leaks, but I have a feeling about this one.
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/308409096#p308411832

Last edited:

BoltDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mario_Seth
3DS FC
0989-2878-5909
I am hoping that Bandana Waddle Dee gets the Top spot in Smash Bros as a DLC fighter! There is no deining that this little felloow packs-a-punch that will leave his opponents enraged! I'll keep up the good posts here because Bandana Waddle Dee is cool.

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I'm actually in my second year of university so I will have to wait like 3 more years to finish XD

Hmm I know I already answered this, but if you are referring to the picture I used, it's this one.

Now I will do some exercise.

I will be back in like an hour.
Can you do one for arsty omni"s bomber man render pls ?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
xD Ahh...ok! Sorry if I'm getting utterly confused! o_o there's too many candies in Kirby.
Hey Andrea, if you've seen Kill La Kill, than I'd like to request a drawing from you. It does have to do with Smash, Kill La Kill, and Bandana Dee.

AndreaAC

Hey Andrea, if you've seen Kill La Kill, than I'd like to request a drawing from you. It does have to do with Smash, Kill La Kill, and Bandana Dee.
I have only seen images, and I'm honestly not so good at drawing anime characters.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I have only seen images, and I'm honestly not so good at drawing anime characters.
I was just going to ask you to draw Wolf, Shovel Knight, Bandana Dee, and Dixie with the clothes of the elite four. Because why not. Also leak. Don't worry not anime, just the characters wearing their clothes.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I was just going to ask you to draw Wolf, Shovel Knight, Bandana Dee, and Dixie with the clothes of the elite four. Because why not. Also leak. Don't worry not anime, just the characters wearing their clothes.
I'm not sure how that is going to came out, but, I could try later.

Why not K. Rool? :c

Wait, are they saying that each ballot character will only be released in a specific region? That's pretty much the dumbest thing they could do! I don't live in Japan! This better be fake... ;-;
I don't think it's real. Anyone could claim that he/she or his/her relative is/has been working on Namco. Also the grammar of the leak. :facepalm:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Wait, are they saying that each ballot character will only be released in a specific region? That's pretty much the dumbest thing they could do! I don't live in Japan! This better be fake... ;-;
I think the "leak" mean't that a top character from each region's ballot is chosen, not that they are exclusives for the region. Although, don't get your hopes up, since it is just a text leak that literally anyone can make up. the OP's own quote "how easy it is to use fox and falco bones and model as structure" is fallacious too, since Wolf's animations and bone movements are nearly completley different from Fox's and Falco's.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Why not K. Rool? :c

I don't think it's real. Anyone could claim that he/she or his/her relative is/has been working on Namco. Also the grammar of the leak. :facepalm:
Actually the grammar HELPS the leak due to the fact that the person would live on Japan and therefore have bad grammar.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma K. Rool wasn't in the leak, that's why. :p
And yeah, I see what you mean. This one kid at school once told me "my friend works at Nintendo, and he says they're thinking of adding Sora or Roxas from Kingdom Hearts as DLC", but I didn't buy it for a second. Any sentence that begins with "my ____ works at Nintendo" is pretty much false.

@ Zerp Zerp I want to think that, but the wording seemed to imply that characters would be region-exclusive. And that really doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do, since he wants everyone to have access to the same roster, right? I mean, he cut the Ice Climbers because the 3DS couldn't handle them, even though they worked on the Wii U just fine. He knew that if they were Wii U exclusive, it wouldn't be fair for 3DS-only players. I think a similar thing applies here, to people living in different parts of the world.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
@ Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma Sir Gengar de Èctoplasma K. Rool wasn't in the leak, that's why. :p
And yeah, I see what you mean. This one kid at school once told me "my friend works at Nintendo, and he says they're thinking of adding Sora or Roxas from Kingdom Hearts as DLC", but I didn't buy it for a second. Any sentence that begins with "my ____ works at Nintendo" is pretty much false.

@ Zerp Zerp I want to think that, but the wording seemed to imply that characters would be region-exclusive. And that really doesn't seem like something Sakurai would do, since he wants everyone to have access to the same roster, right? I mean, he cut the Ice Climbers because the 3DS couldn't handle them, even though they worked on the Wii U just fine. He knew that if they were Wii U exclusive, it wouldn't be fair for 3DS-only players. I think a similar thing applies here, to people living in different parts of the world.
Yes, because it makes so much sense that he would add region exclusive characters. (obvious sarcasm is obvious)

LF2K

Floor Diver
I don't buy it. Anyone can type a message and say what they want, but no media backing it up makes it likely fake.

If anything, I guess this does mean BD does have a strong following if someone's making a leak around him.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
The problem with this leak (and every other non official leak) is that there is no way to confirm it. An official leak would be like ESRB Shulk, or Jiggs in many official videos without being revealed (due to being a starter in Wii U, yet unlockable in 3DS).

Totally unrelated, but imagine a Kirby styled 3DS. Then you could call it the DededeS (3DS). Or, the DeeS.

Top Bottom