• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Hey, I was just asking! I haven't bought any SSB4 DLC yet, and I just wanted to know... No need to get annoyed or anything...
(Sorry if that wasn't your intended attitude, but that's how it came across to me.)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@ BlueZard BlueZard - For what it's worth, there wasn't a fighter bundle originally; It's only a very recent thing, so that the fighters match up with there being costume packs as well as individual items. I had to get each fighter individually during what can only be described as "server hell" when they were released (this included when Mewtwo was made available to those who bought both versions of the game) - if I'd had the option to just grab a bundle with all of the DLC characters together, it would've saved a lot of time*. :laugh:

*Though, since I already had Mewtwo, it never would have let me get the bundle anyway. You can't buy a bundle if you already have an individual component of it.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Actually, he is for real, and is a very reliable source. He leaked The Wonderful 101, Kid Icarus Uprising, and... sonic boom fire and ice... Oh and the new ''Metroid''.
Yeah, I know who he is, it's just that things seemed to be going crazy with him earlier and stuff. I hope everything is ok now I guess with him.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
@ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin Ah, OK. I also have Mewtwo thanks to that Club Nintendo thing, so I guess I will have to buy Lucas, Roy, and Ryu separately... Once I actually have the funds to do so. :p

Anyway, thanks for clearing things up!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Shovel Knight makes absolutely no sense for Smash, in terms of sales numbers, international popularity, the list goes on. It's not that he's bad, it's just that he's unrealistic. Not to mention the exclusivity of Shovel Knight for Nintendo consoles was withdrawn and Yacht Club Games gave the other consoles special features that the Wii U version didn't have and gave them the expansion rather than Nintendo.

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I do NOT think Shovel Knight should get in, especially not above characters that should have already been in the roster, like Bandana Dee or K.Rool. Sure, a guy fighting with a shovel would be…interesting, but I'd say Shovel Knight has next to no moveset potential or hype.
What I want to know is how he got Smashified before Bandana Dee.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I do NOT think Shovel Knight should get in, especially not above characters that should have already been in the roster, like Bandana Dee or K.Rool. Sure, a guy fighting with a shovel would be…interesting, but I'd say Shovel Knight has next to no moveset potential or hype.
What I want to know is how he got Smashified before Bandana Dee.
The reason why he got Smashified before Bandana Dee was because at the time he was a popular request. Also, :4villager: has a shovel already. And plus alot of his abilities derive from :4megaman: so no, he has next to no moveset potential.
DO NOT share this around.
Come again? Seriously, I don't know what you mean.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Wow..

Please tell me this is fake.

This is the 3rd character I hate in a row that gets a rumor to be in Smash.
Shantae, Professor Layton, and Shovel Knight, you know, I know a person on Smashwiki who wanted all three of these characters.

Mc.Rad

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0842-4814-1315
Wow..

Please tell me this is fake.

This is the 3rd character I hate in a row that gets a rumor to be in Smash.
At least your not me.

I'm still salt about the Project M leak with Knuckles...
Like Knuckles would be so boring...
Like all he would do is throw rocks...
And thats it...

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
The reason why he got Smashified before Bandana Dee was because at the time he was a popular request. Also, :4villager: has a shovel already. And plus alot of his abilities derive from :4megaman: so no, he has next to no moveset potential.
Oh. Well, I guess he can't get in at all.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
This is actually a excellent opportunity if true, since there's going to be a large degree of fallout if Shovel Knight gets in and ends up confirming K. Rool's chances as being low/nigh deconfirmed. Many people after that, I think, will be interested in the ideal of only well justified characters being able to make it, and not having well justified characters cast to the side for someone who's merely popular. And we're, after Wolf, Dixie, and debatably Krystal + Isaac, one of the most justified non-deconfirmed characters in the race, so we could heavily benefit from that if we took advantage of it and make it known just how justified we are to a vast majority.

I'd still be very upset if this comes true, but I think that if it does happen (I kinda doubt it), it's much better to react to this scenario calmly and squeeze every bit of possible benefit out of the scenario. If all the other large support bases just freak out over the scenario and we react calmly and press our claims of justification, we could potentially take a lead over the others, since we'll be getting more name recognition and a boosted reputation as a result.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
This is actually a excellent opportunity if true, since there's going to be a large degree of fallout if Shovel Knight gets in and ends up confirming K. Rool's chances as being low/nigh deconfirmed. Many people after that, I think, will be interested in the ideal of only well justified characters being able to make it, and not having well justified characters cast to the side for someone who's merely popular. And we're, after Wolf, Dixie, and debatably Krystal + Isaac, one of the most justified non-deconfirmed characters in the race, so we could heavily benefit from that if we took advantage of it and make it known just how justified we are to a vast majority.

I'd still be very upset if this comes true, but I think that if it does happen (I kinda doubt it), it's much better to react to this scenario calmly and squeeze every bit of possible benefit out of the scenario. If all the other large support bases just freak out over the scenario and we react calmly and press our claims of justification, we could potentially take a lead over the others, since we'll be getting more name recognition and a boosted reputation as a result.
And this, friends, is the perfect plan.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
OKAY EVERYONE, PAX STARTS TOMORROW, SO BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR ANY ANOUNCEMENTS!!!!!:crying:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Well his official name is Waddle Dee so I put that down.
Oh. I thought you meant put down as in I was detracting from him.
In Triple Deluxe, it's Bandana Waddle Dee-that's probably what his name will be in Smash, to even further separate him from the other Dees.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Oh. I thought you meant put down as in I was detracting from him.
In Triple Deluxe, it's Bandana Waddle Dee-that's probably what his name will be in Smash, to even further separate him from the other Dees.
But in Kirby and the Rainbow Curse it's back to Waddle Dee.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So is Doctor Cupcakes himself the reputable person or is it his source? Because if he's supposedly the reputable one, I have trouble believing he'd know who Shovel Knight is but not Bandana Dee. If he's the reputable one this could imply, A. He legitimately doesn't know of Bandana Dee's existance and he isn't noticed by all of the development team for some reason, B. He's not supposed to talk about Bandana Dee, or C. He's just trolling for teh lulz. Personally, I think it's C.

SRUFUS3D

Smash Journeyman
Shovel Knight shouldn't really get in, I would even take Shantae.
And honestly call it, Bandana Waddle Dee or Bandana Dee! Geez! Waddle Dee is confusing and generalising.
So call of one of the two, to avoid confusion.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For some reason I think it will be Shovel Knight in Mario Maker. He doesn't deserve to be in Smash yet, certainly not before other indies at the very least.

And on the name, I want it to be Bandana Dee, to avoid confusion. His name in Smash would decide his name for the future of the Kirby series too.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hey guys, what year group do you all think B.D. should appear with in All-Star, if he becomes a DLC character? 1996, (Kirby Super Star) 2008, (Kirby Ultra Star:p) or 2011? (Kirby Returns to Dream Land)

Last edited:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Hey guys, what year group do you all think B.D. should appear with in All-Star, if he becomes a DLC character? 1996, 2008, or 2011?
Huh. Never thought about that actually. Probably 2008 though as BD wasn't really made into an actual character until SSU. You can agrue that the one in1996 was really just a Waddle Dee with a bandana.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
1996. No questions.
Hey guys, what year group do you all think B.D. should appear with in All-Star, if he becomes a DLC character? 1996, (Kirby Super Star) 2008, (Kirby Super Star Ultra) or 2011? (Kirby Returns to Dream Land)
I'd honestly beg to differ.

Zero Suit Samus appears in the 2000s when Samus appears in Metroid 1, in 1980s. I think if "Bandana Dee" as a concept character of the Kirby series was established when he became a character in Return to Dreamland, then I'd think he'd appeared in the 2010s instead. But that's just me.

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Hey guys, what year group do you all think B.D. should appear with in All-Star, if he becomes a DLC character? 1996, (Kirby Super Star) 2008, (Kirby Ultra Star:p) or 2011? (Kirby Returns to Dream Land)
He wasn't really established as a character until at least 2008…Hmmm...

Top Bottom