• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

If Sakurai couldn't get the rights of :marth:from Intelligent Systems, he had some King Dedede concepts just in case. When Intelligent Systems said yes, Dedede was put on the back burner.
so i could have played as dedede in melee if it wasn't for marth?
upload_2015-8-25_12-35-6.png

well at least marth fans got to play as there favorite character...

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
so i could have played as dedede in melee if it wasn't for marth? View attachment 70051

well at least marth fans got to play as there favorite character...
I thought it was because he didn't want people saying "too many Kirby reps/ Sakurai bias" but maybe that was just a cover up from Sakarai if that was that case... Then again, Dark Pit and crew still caused the "Sakurai bias" to happen anyways, so...

Well, if it wasn't for Marth, I wouldn't of had mai boi so I can't complain. :4feroy:

D

Deleted member

If Sakurai couldn't get the rights of :marth:from Intelligent Systems, he had some King Dedede concepts just in case.
Is there an official source that says that? And not a GameFAQs thread?

Sakurai stated that if he could add in one more character, it would be Wario.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Out of the Kirby games that have collectibles, what set of collectibles do you guys like the most? I am currently hunting the rare Keychains in Triple Deluxe.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
Trivia Tuesday thing for Smash Bros.
According to Did You Know Gaming, James Bond was one character that the developers wanted to see in Smash.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Trivia Tuesday thing for Smash Bros.
According to Did You Know Gaming, James Bond was one character that the developers wanted to see in Smash.
Yeah, apparently. But due to copyrights, Sakurai had to withdrawal his inclusion. But if you remember this item.

Then you'll know it's actually from Golden Eye. Ut was changed mostly after the copyright stuff, even the Japan version is different, which I think is the more accurate version of it;

Keychains are my favorite too. I managed to find them all last year.
I love keychains too. Especially of this character~.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Is there an official source that says that? And not a GameFAQs thread?

Sakurai stated that if he could add in one more character, it would be Wario.
It's also on Neogaf.
Yeah, apparently. But due to copyrights, Sakurai had to withdrawal his inclusion. But if you remember this item.

Then you'll know it's actually from Golden Eye. Ut was changed mostly after the copyright stuff, even the Japan version is different, which I think is the more accurate version of it;

I love keychains too. Especially of this character~.
That's the proximity mine from Perfect Dark, an N64 game with voice acting that's aged almost (If not) worse than Resident Evil.

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
It's also on Neogaf.

That's the proximity mine from Perfect Dark, an N64 game with voice acting that's aged almost (If not) worse than Resident Evil.
Oh, oops, I thought it was mentioned to come from Golden Eye. Well, my bad. But still interesting to see something like that make it into Melee.

I didn't find that keychain in Triple Deluxe. MY COLLECTION ISN'T PERFECT! :cry:

:troll:
xD Thank you for making me day. Haha! :3

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
Sakurai wanted to add Dedede in the game,but he thought the roster would be too small. So he added six clones::drmario::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee:, to beef up the roster. Sakurai could have finished Dedede in the same time, he could have finish the six clones.
Didn't source gaming say that the time spent making the six clones isn't enough to even make one new character ?

Well, there is SourceGaming. They did mention about Wario in Melee but not sure about Marth though.
Wario WAS supposed to be a clone of Mario, but Sakurai said it didn't do him justice. So, he added Dr.Mario.
Can you just image Wario shooting yellow fire balls, and doing the Mario tornado. Ugh.
Sakurai didn't want to add Wario, but he added Ganondorf. Seems legit.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Wario WAS supposed to be a clone of Mario, but Sakurai said it didn't do him justice. So, he added Dr.Mario.
Can you just image Wario shooting yellow fire balls, and doing the Mario tornado. Ugh.
Sakurai didn't want to add Wario, but he added Ganondorf. Seems legit.
That was proven false, as noted here;

There is no reliable source for Wario actually being seriously, “considered for a Mario clone but he deserved better”. In addition, I haven’t been able to find hard sources on Japanese character discussion. Sakurai did say, “If I cut all the clone characters, I wouldn’t have been able to even add one new character. However, I could have made Wario using the same body shape and attacks as Mario” (Japanese). He also states that if he cut Roy and Marth or Mewtwo, he might have been able to add Wario, but the Mario representation was too much (Japanese). There’s nothing there that says Wario was cut for deserving better.

Dedede being next in line, or Sakurai choosing between Dedede and the clones, might also be false information. No Japanese sources exist for this comment. Considering that it Sakurai has stated that there was no option between one new character, or the clones in the Melee polls, I’m leaning towards this being false.
Anyway, would you like to see Bandanna Dee as a secret agent?
Does it involve stretching his face? (Sometimes, I think that I'm the only person who actually noticed this back when GoldenEye 007 was first released... :laugh:)

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Hey guys, the Wolf thread is talking about a potential leak from "a reliable source".

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Hey guys, the Wolf thread is talking about a potential leak from "a reliable source".
Link plz. :4link:

Edit: Never mind I saw it.

Anyway, question for discussion. Anime characters are deconfirmed for Smash, but if there were any you'd like to see, who would they be? My list would be Kirito, Goku, Luffy and Kirby. Man I wish Kirby was in Smash. Too bad he's an anime character, though. :troll:

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I've just beaten Kirby Triple Deluxe for the first time! It was a good game, still don't like the name though. Some of the phases on the final boss battle were hard.
Spoilery game bits!
Says something about Bandana Dee that he made it all the way to before Queen Sectonia. He didn't fight her but still. Also King Dedede is basically a hero now lol. ALSO I CAN ****ING PLAY AS KING ****ING DEDEDE! THIS GAME IS BRILLIANT!
I looked back at the credits and saw Executive Producer Satoru Iwata pass by. Its still crazy that he's gone.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I've just beaten Kirby Triple Deluxe for the first time! It was a good game, still don't like the name though. Some of the phases on the final boss battle were hard.
Spoilery game bits!
Says something about Bandana Dee that he made it all the way to before Queen Sectonia. He didn't fight her but still. Also King Dedede is basically a hero now lol. ALSO I CAN ****ING PLAY AS KING ****ING DEDEDE! THIS GAME IS BRILLIANT!
I looked back at the credits and saw Executive Producer Satoru Iwata pass by. Its still crazy that he's gone.
I cri every tiem.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I have a question... You know how there was a character pack for SSB4? Well, is it possible to buy the characters separately instead? I just ask this because of the speculation that there will be a second pack, and if one of the new DLC characters happens to be undesirable for me, I still want to be able to get the ones I actually want and not have to waste my money on the one I'd never use anyway.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I have a question... You know how there was a character pack for SSB4? Well, is it possible to buy the characters separately instead? I just ask this because of the speculation that there will be a second pack, and if one of the new DLC characters happens to be undesirable for me, I still want to be able to get the ones I actually want and not have to waste my money on the one I'd never use anyway.
Yes...

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Spoilery game bits!
Yeah that was a good game. It rivals Return to Dreamland for the number one spot on Top 10 Kirby games of all time. Next SplatFest: Ultra Sword VS. Hypernova.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'm not sure if you're talking about A guy named Tamaki, but if so, he's not for real, he's just trolling for attention.
Actually, he is for real, and is a very reliable source. He leaked The Wonderful 101, Kid Icarus Uprising, and... sonic boom fire and ice... Oh and the new ''Metroid''.

D

Deleted member

Link plz. :4link:

Edit: Never mind I saw it.

Anyway, question for discussion. Anime characters are deconfirmed for Smash, but if there were any you'd like to see, who would they be? My list would be Kirito, Goku, Luffy and Kirby. Man I wish Kirby was in Smash. Too bad he's an anime character, though. :troll:
same for falcon.... at least ganondorf has an original moveset.:troll:
I cri every tiem.
for real though it makes me kinda sad.

Top Bottom