• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I first got into video games, say, around 2003. And guess what my first video game EVER was?:grin:

AW, YEAH! RIGHT HERE!:b::b::b::b::b::b::b::b::b::b::b::b:
BTW, LOOK WHAT I CAME ACROSS...
:awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome::awesome:
People would have fainted back in the 90s if they knew this was going to be how Smash Bros turned up into today. That's a pretty nice picture of the first Smash Bros cover with Smash 4 characters.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I was relatively late to video games. It wasn't until the middle of the sixth generation did I begin to play them seriously. Ironically, despite being the Nintendo fan I am, my first console was the PS2, which will always hold a special place in my heart. So many good games. Although I'll probably ride Nintendo till the end of time, as of now, the PS2 is my favorite console to date.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Speaking of Kirby Reps...
How would you react to the following:
Sakurai: Due to the lack of manpower,budget,and time we had this time around. Meta Knight and King Dedede are not returning to Super Smash Bros. 5. But, don't worry I added two other Kirby characters instead. GIVE IT UP FOR TIFF AND TUFF!
Sakurai: They will be a two for one character, making them replace the Ice Climbers.
Sakurai: Have a nice day (laughs)
And on that day, Chandelure became a Super Saiyan.
I would be painfully confused since the lack of manpower, budget, and time would favor the simple reusing of assets (porting Meta Knight and King Dedede) as opposed to an entirely new character, one that operates like the Ice Climbers (and even MORE complex, considering Ice Climbers had the exact same proportions but Tiff and Tuff do not), one which proves an impossibility without good processing power (i.e. 3DS)

Not to mention Meta Knight and Dedede being Kirby characters that appeared in Sakurai's Kirby games, it would be like removing Uprising Pit, Palutena, AND Dark Pit in place of Pixel Pit from his first game and a fan made Kid Icarus character. It just wouldn't make any sense.

oh god...

people joke about Beige Pit and Off White Pit being DLC characters but a legitimate (but bad) idea:

Pixel Pit for DLC! The Toon Link of Pit.

*shot*

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I would be painfully confused since the lack of manpower, budget, and time would favor the simple reusing of assets (porting Meta Knight and King Dedede) as opposed to an entirely new character, one that operates like the Ice Climbers (and even MORE complex, considering Ice Climbers had the exact same proportions but Tiff and Tuff do not), one which proves an impossibility without good processing power (i.e. 3DS)

Not to mention Meta Knight and Dedede being Kirby characters that appeared in Sakurai's Kirby games, it would be like removing Uprising Pit, Palutena, AND Dark Pit in place of Pixel Pit from his first game and a fan made Kid Icarus character. It just wouldn't make any sense.

oh god...

people joke about Beige Pit and Off White Pit being DLC characters but a legitimate (but bad) idea:

*shot*
Well, if he had Brawl Pit's moveset, the world would... Still implode, but not as hard.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

oh god...

*shot*
Grey Pit for SSB4 DLC!

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
Can I ask you guys a question
Did you have any doubts on bandana dee getting in smash? Why? What reasons?

Last edited:

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I would, but I don't have Twitter. I'm not into social media, I don't even have a Facebook.

HOW DAER U SEY TAHT ABUT KROOL ILL KIL U!

(This reminds me of something in Wolf thread.)
Facebook is pretty much dead.
Probably because everyone's parents joined.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I actually used to think he was just a Waddle Dee with a hat that was put into KRTDL to fill the 4th player spot.
That was when I was a Kirby no0b.
I have no doubts for him at the moment.

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
Doubt, as in, Chance, or Want?

For Chance, I doubt if anything will happen, even Wolf, because while some of them seem really likely or whatever, I still wonder if Sakurai really wants a certain character, or if he's gonna pull out another nonsense.

For Want, ummm...

My want is never strong at newcomers, to be honest. Bandana Dee just so happens to be the one and the only one I would happily accept, and that's all. There are like, 2 or 3 more choice I would be neutral with, but that's it. I don't really want other newcomers.

HOW DAER U SEY TAHT ABUT KROOL ILL KIL U!

(This reminds me of something in Wolf thread.)
DONT FORGET ABOUT THAT THING THAT HAPPEND! WOLF IS STIL ANGRI ABOUT IT! I'LL ASK HIM TO KIL U BEK!

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
The first time in the past year I remember thinking about the Kirby series was when I watched Achievement Hunter's Return to Dream Land lets play. When I first saw it (last November), Kirby was the only character I had heard of. I've said this before, but I only started playing Kirby games in March. The only doubt I have about BDee in Smash is whether or not Sakurai bias will kick in.

DONT FORGET ABOUT THAT THING THAT HAPPEND! WOLF IS STIL ANGRI ABOUT IT! I'LL ASK HIM TO KIL U BEK!
OH SIHT TAHT THIG I FORGT BUT ILL AKS KROOL TO KIL U FIST! SRY MY GRAMAR IS BAD.

Depends on how many DLC characters we're getting. If we're getting 4 or more, then I believe he is likely to happen. If we get 2-3, then I have doubts of him getting in over Wolf, K. Rool and Isaac. However, I'm expecting 4 characters, I believe his chances are good.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
OH SIHT TAHT THIG I FORGT BUT ILL AKS KROOL TO KIL U FIST! SRY MY GRAMAR IS BAD.
LET DA BATTOL BEGIN! WOLF VS KROOL

Depends on how many DLC characters we're getting. If we're getting 4 or more, then I believe he is likely to happen. If we get 2-3, then I have doubts of him getting in over Wolf, K. Rool and Isaac. However, I'm expecting 4 characters, I believe his chances are good.
Tbh I'm expecting 2, but I still worry if Wolf is one. :[

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I expect four DLC characters for this reason: The four we currently have are in a package called "Character Pack 1". I don't think there's a chance we won't get a second one, and if we do, it will likely also have four characters. Also, with the four I expeect, (K Rool, Isaac, Wolf, BWD) We'd have four DLC Newcomers, and four DLC veterans.

I expect four DLC characters for this reason: The four we currently have are in a package called "Character Pack 1". I don't think there's a chance we won't get a second one, and if we do, it will likely also have four characters. Also, with the four I expeect, (K Rool, Isaac, Wolf, BWD) We'd have four DLC Newcomers, and four DLC veterans.
I expect those too. I would be very satisfied if that's the outcome of the ballot.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I expect those too. I would be very satisfied if that's the outcome of the ballot.
I would too. Even though I'm not a supporter of King K. Rool, I'm not against his appearing in Smash. I do think we need more villains, heavyweights, and of course, DK reps. As for Wolf, he was the least worthy cut from Brawl, like Mewtwo from Melee. (you can argue that Snake was unworthy of being cut, but Konami and Kojima haven't been getting along well, so...) Isaac may not have a strong campaign in Japan, he still has enough to be a popular character. And then for Bandana Dee... I need not say anything, just read the rest of the posts in this forum.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
That would be perfect.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
This is my guess as well. I like your logic. ;)

To add to that, the Mario Kart 8 DLC Packs had equal amounts of content each, as well, so I'd even go out on a limb and say it's likely that we'll get four more DLC fighters for Smash 3DS/Wi U, since they've now committed to a pack "size" here.

Last edited:

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
This is my guess as well. I like your logic. ;)

To add to that, the Mario Kart 8 DLC Packs had equal amounts of content each, as well, so I'd even go out on a limb and say it's likely that we'll get four more DLC fighters for Smash 3DS/Wi U, since they've now committed to a pack "size" here.
Four more as in four after the first four, or just four? Because eight might be too much for Smash to handle. At least for now.

First of all, welcome Miikon, to the Bandana Brigade! It means a lot to us, when we get a supporter.
You guys know what today is: Tuesday Trivia
Today's topic: King Dedede in Super Smash Bros.Melee

In a Japanese poll, King Dedede was the fourth requested character in Melee, only losing to :bowser2:,:peach:, and :warioc:.Making him the most requested non-Mario character at the time,even defeating characters like Toad,Ganondorf,Mewtwo,Diddy Kong,and Marth. While :metaknight:,the third requested Kirby character,losing to Dedede and Gooey,was in 19th place with Lugia from the Pokemon series.The reason why Dedede wasn't in Melee, was not because "Sakurai didn't want to over-rep his franchise ". This is false.
If Sakurai couldn't get the rights of :marth:from Intelligent Systems, he had some King Dedede concepts just in case. When Intelligent Systems said yes, Dedede was put on the back burner. At this time in development, Melee had 20 characters in the game: :mariomelee::dkmelee::linkmelee::samusmelee::yoshimelee::kirbymelee::foxmelee::pikachumelee::nessmelee::falconmelee::luigimelee::jigglypuffmelee::bowsermelee::icsmelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::peachmelee::sheikmelee::zeldamelee:. Sakurai wanted to add Dedede in the game,but he thought the roster would be too small. So he added six clones::drmario::falcomelee::ganondorfmelee::pichumelee::roymelee::younglinkmelee:, to beef up the roster. Sakurai could have finished Dedede in the same time, he could have finish the six clones. Did you know that clones weren't in Melee's planning documents?

Sources: http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult2.html (thanks to the Smash Development History thread)

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/31edma/fun_facts_about_the_melee_design_process_dedede/
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37915502&postcount=7506

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
That would be great! I think we'll get four too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom