• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
xD If you hadn't mentioned it, I would have never noticed!

o_o hm...funny...I don't know why I thought for a second that "Odiima" sounded like "Ódiame" which literally means "Hate me" in spanish.
did you see my recent post with my 2 new amiibos i mean odiimas?

i wonder what the plot of the beta game would have been....

strange, i can't seem to find these odiimas.
According to Kirby Wiki: The story was that King Dedede has stole Kirby's Warp Star, and Kirby's trying to get it back.
I find this plot to be silly, since Kirby can create new ones. Like in almost every Kirby game, after he's done riding it, he crashes it. Only to reappear again. And, don't forget about Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, when Kirby was split into four Kirbies, and each one of them had a Warp Star during the final boss.
Edit: Look at the final boss, and his/her size to Kirby.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Those Mega Yarn Yoshi amiibos are ****ing expensive though. I'm fine with my mini plush (that is when Woolly World finally comes out in America).
We don't have a confirmed price for the UK yet. I have a standard-sized Pink Yarn Yoshi already, and I must admit that I'm not fully sold on Mega Yarn Yoshi (merely tempted), because I don't intend to double-dip on duplicate characters even if they're re-poses or variants unless those characters are particularly special to me. I suspect my lone exception will be the Kirby cast - if they make a Kirby-series-specific Amiibo set, I will definitely buy them all (especially if they're mini-plushes). :laugh:

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
By the way the backlash about Shovel Knight has been so bad that the dislike bar had to be disabled. :facepalm:

I WANT A MEGA YARN YOSHI SO MUCH!!!! IT'S SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
We don't have a confirmed price for the UK yet. I have a standard-sized Pink Yarn Yoshi already, I must admit. I'm not fully sold on Mega Yarn Yoshi, because I don't intend to double-dip on duplicate characters even if they're re-poses or variants unless those characters are particularly special to me. I suspect my lone exception will be the Kirby cast - if they make a Kirby-series-specific Amiibo set, I will definitely buy them all (especially if they're mini-plushes). :laugh:
Yeah, I don't double dip either (why would I want the Mario cast of amiibos in less cool poses?) unless they make a million Gokus (Yuyuki). I will buy them all.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I would just like to say this day is really going haywire all across this site all because of one character getting in as DLC in Smash...

Now you know why I stop caring about Smash speculation...

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
So I jammed my finger... if you see any grammatical mistakes, blame the softball that hit it.

I heard the rumor of Layton and Shovel Knight getting in. C'mon internet. :facepalm: Does everyone HAVE to spoil every detail onto the web? Poor Sakurai. Knowing that your surprise isn't going to get the reaction it deserved because people already know about. That doesn't mean I think they'll get in. Honestly, if the Dee was rumored to get in, then show up being announced the next day, I'd be mad. Sure I want him in, but why can't I learn about it when HE'S ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED?! :hulk: I've started to change my mind on data miners lately...

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
By the way the backlash about Shovel Knight has been so bad that the dislike bar had to be disabled. :facepalm:
What dislike bar?

I WANT A MEGA YARN YOSHI SO MUCH!!!! IT'S SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!
Now try to imagine Kirby series plush Amiibos. :grin:

EDIT:

I would just like to say this day is really going haywire all across this site all because of one character getting in as DLC in Smash...

It's because of a rumour that a character could get in. :crazy:

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I jammed my finger... if you see any grammatical mistakes, blame the softball that hit it.

I heard the rumor of Layton and Shovel Knight getting in. C'mon internet. :facepalm: Does everyone HAVE to spoil every detail onto the web? Poor Sakurai. Knowing that your surprise isn't going to get the reaction it deserved because people already know about. That doesn't mean I think they'll get in. Honestly, if the Dee was rumored to get in, then show up being announced the next day, I'd be mad. Sure I want him in, but why can't I learn about it when HE'S ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED?! :hulk: I've started to change my mind on data miners lately...
Layton's VA was just messing with people, Takami hasn't gotten anything right in ages

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Eh, its still fun. That's why I do it. Its been a part of what I do for 5 years now (wow). I mean its not like my entire life but I enjoy the speculation.

I hate leaks too. Its so much more fun to have a genuine reaction to a character reveal (Wii Fit Trainer and Mega Man).

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist

It's not something that's avoidable. This happens to every game imaginable. It's just a circumstance of having many people on a network and getting information from places and sharing them across the internet. It's just something we just gotta deal with.

I do understand how you feel but it's just not something we can control. Sakurai should really have gotten used to all this by now.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I don't double dip either (why would I want the Mario cast of amiibos in less cool poses?) unless they make a million Gokus (Yuyuki). I will buy them all.
Leave one for me, mate! :laugh:

As far as the Super Mario set goes, my Luigi Amiibo is actually from that one, though I use him with Smash 3DS & Wii U - I just really didn't like the pose of the Luigi from the Smash set...

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
It's not something that's avoidable. This happens to every game imaginable. It's just a circumstance of having many people on a network and getting information from places and sharing them across the internet. It's just something we just gotta deal with.

I do understand how you feel but it's just not something we can control. Sakurai should really have gotten used to all this by now.
How can you get used to the fact that you know your hard work is going to go down the drain because of impatient hackers? I'm impatient myself, but hot dang. I don't spoil anyone's work like that. It's getting out of hand AND disrespectful.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
How can you get used to the fact that you know your hard work is going to go down the drain because of impatient hackers? I'm impatient myself, but hot dang. I don't spoil anyone's work like that. It's getting out of hand AND disrespectful.
In fairness, neither the Professor Layton or Shovel Knight rumours have anything at all to do with data-mining. ;)

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I hate leaks. Don't think I like that this is happening, especially all the time for Smash Bros. And yeah, I wish it didn't had to happen. But it does. And has, since Melee on forward. This is just something that people want to do either for fame, hype, or any form of attention, it's just something's people on this earth does. I understand how you feel, but this is just something no one can control anymore, and it's just something you just gotta expect to happen now.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Now, don't even try to tell me that Silver Mario amiibo don't look fly as hell.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I hate leaks. Don't think I like that this is happening, especially all the time for Smash Bros. And yeah, I wish it didn't had to happen. But it does. And has, since Melee on forward. This is just something that people want to do either for fame, hype, or any form of attention, it's just something's people on this earth does. I understand how you feel, but this is just something no one can control anymore, and it's just something you just gotta expect to happen now.
Man. I hear you. I'll accept it. I'm not going to accept the LEAKS, but I'll accept the fact that people are impatient. And suckers for advertisements. And schemers. And amiibo hoarders. And devil worshipper-- I'll stop now.

Crimson23

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0662-3915-4434
I hate leaks, especially Smash ones.
It ruins it for me.
I would have been so happy to see Roy and Ryu's trailers for the first time.
But I saw the leaks.
Nothing was felt.
No happiness. No surprise.
It takes away that tingling sensation, that happy feeling that you get when Nintendo surprises us the way they like to.
That's why I hate leaks.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
In fairness, neither the Professor Layton or Shovel Knight rumours have anything at all to do with data-mining. ;)
Wait a minute, if Shovel Knight were on the way, wouldn't he be in the game's files, just like Roy and Ryu? Coincidence, I think not!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Wait a minute, if Shovel Knight were on the way, wouldn't he be in the game's files, just like Roy and Ryu? Coincidence, I think not!
Well, either they one; made the coding less "hackable" so dataminers have a harder time to work with the game to see what's there (which btw, they did like a month ago with the update prior and nothing could be found even after they struggled with it, Nintendo is being more strict with their ingame stuff lately) or two, it's like Mewtwo and it's just stuff that's "in the works" and not added to the game's coding just yet.

Either way, it's nothing really to prove or disprove any of this right now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well, either they one; made the coding less "hackable" so dataminers have a harder time to work with the game to see what's there (which btw, they did like a month ago with the update prior and nothing could be found even after they struggled with it, Nintendo is being more strict with their ingame stuff lately) or two, it's like Mewtwo and it's just stuff that's "in the works" and not added to the game's coding just yet.

Either way, it's nothing really to prove or disprove any of this right now.
Actually, if you know who @PushDustIn is, you may be suprised by how good of a hacker he is. Also, Tamaki said that he's late into development.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Now, don't even try to tell me that Silver Mario amiibo don't look fly as hell.
The Silver and Gold Mario Amiibos aren't ones that I especially want (I settled on Classic Colours Anniversary Mario for my Mario pick :grin:), but I do wish that they'd announce them for Europe, even if only to scupper the scalpers who are importing them just to sell on at ludicrous mark-ups, in order to take advantage of the fact that they haven't been released over here.

Data for Roy and Ryu being left in that patch was clearly accidental. I doubt they'd let it happen again, honestly.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Maybe Nintendo and Sakurai are being smarter about it by not containing data for any future character just in case someone does inevitably datamine the game.

I'm not saying that Shovel Knight is going to happen, but Nintendo should have learned to not do this by now.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
And that was actually who I was referring to, as he was the one that said Nintendo did "something" after the Ryu/Roy update that made things more "difficult" to mess with the coding to find the data like before hand.
Huh, he did say he would try and find ways, but it still remains unknown how to break it. And it most likely will be that way for a while.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
The Silver and Gold Mario Amiibos aren't ones that I especially want (I settled on Classic Colours Anniversary Mario for my Mario pick :grin:), but I do wish that they'd announce them for Europe, even if only to scupper the scalpers who are importing them just to sell on at ludicrous mark-ups, in order to take advantage of the fact that they haven't been released over here.
I would get the Modern Colors one, but I'm scared to look at the price tag.

Top Bottom