• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well Tortilla. I don't know if you're a Shovel Knight supporter or not, but you told me about K. Rool. I'm going to trust you with this question: What's up with Shovel Knight? Why is he popular. I don't understand the hype for HIM.
You do realize that the video where he was first rumored was met with severe backlash, so much so that the dislike bar was entirely removed.

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
Well Tortilla. I don't know if you're a Shovel Knight supporter or not, but you told me about K. Rool. I'm going to trust you with this question: What's up with Shovel Knight? Why is he popular. I don't understand the hype for HIM.
Well, all I got is, his game was loved by a lot of people when his game came out and many around the time the ballot opened, people that where fans of him voted and well, that's all I got. :ohwell: Not much I can make out of it really...

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
You do realize that the video where he was first rumored was met with severe backlash, so much so that the dislike bar was entirely removed.
Well, all I got is, his game was loved by a lot of people when his game came out and many around the time the ballot opened, people that where fans of him voted and well, that's all I got. :ohwell: Not much I can make out of it really...
Huh. I personally don't want him in, but for the dislike bar to be removed? Snap. That's some serious hate.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I'm afraid I can't give a particularly good answer, this time. Shovel Knight isn't a game that's grabbed my attention - I don't find the character design appealing (pudgy cute things are more my thing - I mean, I love Dedede to pieces, right? :laugh:), and I'm not very fond of the whole "trying to be retro-styled when it's really not" schtick, as these things just aren't my sort of thing. (The latter is often a pet peeve of mine, as the most frequent result is a downplaying of why people loved these older games, in favour of a dismissive "Hey, look, it's CRAZY and WEIRD for the sake of it, just like those old games you loved, but it's actually cool because it's new and those things weren't cool!" sort of attitude. As far as I know, Shovel Knight doesn't fall victim to this, though.)

That said, I gather that the game has been very well-received for being a well-made game in the mould of the best of what people remember from the NES, rather than what the reality sometimes was. It's one of the rare digital-first indie releases that has done well enough for itself (around 700k copies sold to date, apparently) that it's warranted a retail release on some platforms (there's an upcoming boxed 3DS release, for example). I'm told that if you like older games (which I do) and can tolerate the fake-retro thing (which I can't, personally - it's just not for me), it's a superb title.

I'm merely indifferent as it's not a game that I'm invested in in any way, and thus I don't know the character at all. I'm not bothered by these rumours, either. ;)

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
=u= Oh, you. You would remember I did that before. xD

Hey, I better join in with the puns, it's Deemanded apparently. :upsidedown:
Of course, after seeing it 3,000,000 times, it's hard to forget.

xD If that was the case, I would be already out.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Huh. I personally don't want him in, but for the dislike bar to be removed? Snap. That's some serious hate.
Yeah, honestly people were a bit too negative, but honestly I can't blame them. But hey, it's all opinion. After the whole Layton thing though, I think it may just be some sort of misunderstanding, after all, it could just be a Shovel Knight Amiibo that works with his own game and maybe Super Mario Maker.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Well, I'm pretty sure most of us think this, but yeah, I don't believe the leak.
And even if Shovel Knight is real, the things the guy said about K.Rool, Snake and Bandana Dee are probably just his opinions.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well, I'm pretty sure most of us think this, but yeah, I don't believe the leak.
And even if Shovel Knight is real, the things the guy said about K.Rool, Snake and Bandana Dee are probably just his opinions.
As I said in the K. Rool thread earlier;

To add to that, I'd like you all to take a look at a post made by @Crimson23 today in the Bandana Waddle Dee support thread;

Please read the linked Tweet, and also perhaps consider @PushDustIn's recently-published data. Bear in mind that, whatever your views on Bandana Waddle Dee, the Kirby series is right behind the DK series in terms in popularity, and Nintendo promotes it a hell of a lot. It seems difficult to believe that, if there are sources on this, this character somehow is an unknown to them.

AndreaAC

You're telling me... :sadsheep:
xD Now that I think of it, they don't have EVERYTHING what I want...Shay isn't from JP, and McFarlane is from the US, BUT, they have got Pokemon Centers full of cutie plushies and figures of pokemons I want...and Pika-Burgers, and Pika-pancakes...

.u. and MK...I MUST HAVE MORE OF MK!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Now that I think of it, they don't have EVERYTHING what I want...Shay isn't from JP, and McFarlane is from the US, BUT, they have got Pokemon Centers full of cutie plushies and figures of pokemons I want...and Pika-Burgers, and Pika-pancakes...

.u. and MK...I MUST HAVE MORE OF MK!
xD Oh, you. But I'm sure if Ubisoft was a Japanese company, there would be AC stuff EVERYWHERE for sure. Would have been great.

>U> But you already got plushie Meta...staring at you. xD

Last edited:

AndreaAC

xD Oh, you. But I'm sure if Ubisoft was a Japanese company, there would be AC stuff EVERYWHERE for sure. Would have been great.

>U> But you already got plushie Meta...staring at you. xD
xD Hey, wait, a JP Ubisoft could be still being mean against Shay just because he's a Templar...

and I DON'T CARE! xD I want more of him still! MK IS ALWAYS AWESOME AND I'M UNDER HIS SOFTIE PLUSHIE WATCH!

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
xD Hey, wait, a JP Ubisoft could be still being mean against Shay just because he's a Templar...

and I DON'T CARE! xD I want more of him still! MK IS ALWAYS AWESOME AND I'M UNDER HIS SOFTIE PLUSHIE WATCH!
Oh, right, if Shao Jun means anything with that...although she's Chinese, but you have a point with that...

Well, I guess I'll just have to make you many just so you could have then. >u>

You know, they sell some Assassin's Creed plushes over here in the UK.
Mostly of Ezio, right?

Last edited:
Top Bottom