• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
I believe BWD to be a near guarantee with the amount of Fan Service he's gotten, (50% of which came from this forum) but I still place Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac ahead of BWD in likelyhood.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
See, this is why I was trying to get the topic going of secondary supports alongside BWD. At least it goes back to Bandana Dee in terms of talking about "I'd like to see Bandana Dee and ____ in Smash together". Brawl's T rating has absolutely nothing to do with BWD, guys.
Any character could be in ANY game of ANY rating, depending on the style and themes of the game. I don't, however, expect Mario or ANY cartoony Nintendo characters to appear in a game higher rated than T. In fact, I'd only expect darker games like Fire Emblem or Metroid to ever get an M, if any game at all.

Actually, I believe it was rated T because of the little bit of blood you can see when Tabuu's Chains of Light literally rip off the back of Master Hand's knuckles.
Kirby Triple Deluxe actually has blood during the fight with Dark Meta Knight, yet it still got an E for everyone rating!

Last edited:

Zigzag991

Smash Rookie
GameXplain's hosting a tourney in about an hour that they're going to be streaming, so it might be a good idea to try and join and use Vote4Dee tags or something. Maybe if we're lucky some of us will get matched up with Derrick and be shown in the stream.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Any character could be in ANY game of ANY rating, depending on the style and themes of the game. I don't, however, expect Mario or ANY cartoony Nintendo characters to appear in a game higher rated than T. In fact, I'd only expect darker games like Fire Emblem or Metroid to ever get an M, if any game at all.

Kirby Triple Deluxe actually has blood during the fight with Dark Meta Knight, yet it still got an E for everyone rating!
Apparently Shadow Dedede bleeds as well, when he uses his Stomach mouth attack (which in itself is strange for an "everyone" game). This is pretty common knowledge for Kirby fans, but back when Kirby's Dream Land 3 came out (which, funnily enough, is where Dedede's stomach attack came from) the final boss, Zero (not the smasher), was extremely bloody and that game got an Everyone rating (granted, E-10+ didn't exist then).

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
GameXplain's hosting a tourney in about an hour that they're going to be streaming, so it might be a good idea to try and join and use Vote4Dee tags or something. Maybe if we're lucky some of us will get matched up with Derrick and be shown in the stream.
If only I had a Wii U.

Apparently Shadow Dedede bleeds as well, when he uses his Stomach mouth attack (which in itself is strange for an "everyone" game). This is pretty common knowledge for Kirby fans, but back when Kirby's Dream Land 3 came out (which, funnily enough, is where Dedede's stomach attack came from) the final boss, Zero (not the smasher), was extremely bloody and that game got an Everyone rating (granted, E-10+ didn't exist then).
It was re-rated to E10 later though. And even though this is random, Dusknoir also has a stomach mouth.

I think what we're trying to say is that we don't know why Brawl was T rated, it's not for Wario's down B, because he still has it in Smash 4, but it's e10 on both versions.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'm actually a good smasher so give me infos I'll be there.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If only I had a Wii U.

It was re-rated to E10 later though. And even though this is random, Dusknoir also has a stomach mouth.

I think what we're trying to say is that we don't know why Brawl was T rated, it's not for Wario's down B, because he still has it in Smash 4, but it's e10 on both versions.
Two things about Dusknoir:
1. The stomach mouth doesn't bleed when it opens to attack.
2. That mouth is consistent between appearances, whereas Dedede only has the attack in Dream Land 3 and (I think) Kirby 64. Shadow Dedede has it in his only appearance. Also, the Dededes stomach mouths aren't "there", as in, it only appears during the attack. Dusknoir's is always visible. Anyway, I went off on a tangent about the mirror world clones and well, Shadow D3 is one of them. Anyway, I should get back on track.

Go Bandana Dee!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Off topic, but would anyone happen to have a clearer shot of this, or have access to KRTDL's background sprites/textures?
dark matter evidence 2.png
Dark matter evidence 1.png

Because, as of right now, I can't say for certain, but doesn't the picture of Halcandra in Another Dimension kind of look like Dark Matter's flying over it? I'd really like to be able to verify it, since if it's true, this kind of backs up the whole Master Crown-Dark Matter theory and has heavy plot implications.

Edit: Grammar

Last edited:

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
Customs on (including equipment I'm assuming) Free for all's with items on? 2Casual4Me
Now excuse me while I get back to multi-shining. :falcomelee:

D

Deleted member

as for the mirror world talk i always thought that Sectonia DX was perhaps working for Dark Meta Knight because the real one was dead (at the moment) when dedede fought DX.
I believe BWD to be a near guarantee with the amount of Fan Service he's gotten, (50% of which came from this forum) but I still place Wolf, K. Rool, and Isaac ahead of BWD in likelyhood.
seeing the new fighter bundle thing i'm sure we could get 4 characters now so he is pretty likely.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Off topic, but would anyone happen to have a clearer shot of this, or have access to KRTDL's background sprites/textures?
View attachment 65323 View attachment 65324
Because, as of right now, I can't say for certain, but doesn't the picture of Halcandra in Another Dimension kind of look like Dark Matter's flying over it? I'd really like to be able to verify it, since if it's true, this kind of backs up the whole Master Crown-Dark Matter theory and has heavy plot implications.

Edit: Grammar
I think this might be a question for @Reserved!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
So, is there a possibly of Bandana Dee incorporating a few Kirby enemies in his moveset?

I'd love to see the little guy summon an apple and throw it.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I am sorry to report that ur friend so called Kerpy derp died today due to false excitement he will be dearly missed.
sorry sad thing was i had it in my hands but I have to be fair. but if I find anymore rare ones I will not keep them the only ones I plan to keep from now on are jiggly megaman rob falco and sword fight all others are for giving away

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So, is there a possibly of Bandana Dee incorporating a few Kirby enemies in his moveset?

I don't see why not - Dedede throws Gordos, after all!

That said, I suspect an apple could end up causing confusion, since a three-dimensional one, as opposed to Pac-Man's retro sprites, may be more easily confused with the game's existing food items...

I think everyone would rightly be scared to death if he was crazy enough to throw Scarfies at people, though! :laugh:

But Bandanna Dee would be doing it in 3Dee.
Three Dee?

:grin:

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Happy Birthday Kirby! I can't wait to play Kirby 64 and replay Squeak Squad.

*goes to eShop*
*has 9 cents left*

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That said, I suspect an apple could end up causing confusion, since a three-dimensional one, as opposed to Pac-Man's retro sprites, may be more easily confused with the game's existing food items...

I think everyone would rightly be scared to death if he was crazy enough to throw Scarfies at people, though! :laugh:
Food is a low resolution item. This would be a more detailed attack. If anything it would force Bandana Dee to have (possibly his only) projectile be an item if the Green Greens stage returns. If not than it could be very confusing considering Whispy Woods's apples would look pretty much the same.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Food is a low resolution item. This would be a more detailed attack.
I know, but is anyone going to so easily notice the resolution and depth differences during battle? Most wouldn't, and a projectile that looks even relatively similar to a healing item would also make for poor game-design (it's much like the classical example of platform games which have both instant-death bottomless pits, and then face you with ladders that descend into the same space, often with gaps alongside them that you can jump into, but which actually don't kill you).

To give an example: The Isabelle Assist Trophy throws food, including apples, and it goes pretty fast. If Bandana Waddle Dee was throwing an apple at a similar speed, you just wouldn't have the time to notice that it's a three-dimensional object, let alone the fact that one type of apple will replenish health, whilst the other one will just smack you in the noggin. :laugh:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Where did this arise from, exactly? BWD using apples in his moveset, I mean. It's on topic, I'm just puzzled as to how this even came up. It's just such an obscure idea compared to what I usually envision when I see BWD movesets.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Where did this arise from, exactly? BWD using apples in his moveset, I mean. It's on topic, I'm just puzzled as to how this even came up. It's just such an obscure idea compared to what I usually envision when I see BWD movesets.
Maybe as a reference to the Rainbow Curse intro or Whispy Woods... I don't know.
It's a very random idea.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Here's another completely random idea :troll:
What if BD could use his spear as a fishing rod? :drflip:

It's really impractical when you think about :drshrug:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Food is a low resolution item. This would be a more detailed attack. If anything it would force Bandana Dee to have (possibly his only) projectile be an item if the Green Greens stage returns. If not than it could be very confusing considering Whispy Woods's apples would look pretty much the same.
I'm pretty sure the only projectile Bandanna Dee would have is his spear, since he keeps an unlimited supply of them in...places. Not that hitting somebody in the face with an apple wouldn't be hilarious.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
These quotes are ordered oddly but oh well.
(it's much like the classical example of platform games which have both instant-death bottomless pits, and then face you with ladders that descend into the same space, often with gaps alongside them that you can jump into, but which actually don't kill you).
HEY!!!! Mega Man games are awesome!!!!!!!!

This:

I know, but is anyone going to so easily notice the resolution and depth differences during battle? Most wouldn't, and a projectile that looks even relatively similar to a healing item would also make for poor game-design.
Well... It wasn't a problem in Melee or Brawl with Whispy Woods's apples. Either way I don't think they would do that. I agree with MarioMeteor I think he will only have one projectile. And that projectile is a well-aimed spear straight from hammerspace.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Don't worry guys, it was me just being stupid. :laugh:

I'd rather him do something even wilder, like summon a Cappy that doubles as a rocket!

:)

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Here's another completely random idea :troll:
What if BD could use his spear as a fishing rod? :drflip:

It's really impractical when you think about :drshrug:
It could be a grapple/Z-Air since it still involves the spear (More specifically, a loose string on it that's conveniently durable enough to fish with)
Sorta like :4lucas: but not a :snake:
I dunno :drshrug:

Top Bottom