• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
This has been a slow day so far. Probably because the main posters aren't here right now. Who wants to kickstart a conversation? I'll start.
Hey Kirby players, do you think that Yellow Kirby and Keeby are the same characters, or do you think that they are separate characters? Keeby knowingly appears in Dream Course but Yellow Kirby appears in Nightmare in Dream Land, Air Ride, Amazing Mirror, Super Star Ultra, Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe (Kirby Fighters) and Kirby Fighters Deluxe.

This has been a slow day so far. Probably because the main posters aren't here right now. Who wants to kickstart a conversation? I'll start.
Hey Kirby players, do you think that Yellow Kirby and Keeby are the same characters, or do you think that they are separate characters? Keeby knowingly appears in Dream Course but Yellow Kirby appears in Nightmare in Dream Land, Air Ride, Amazing Mirror, Super Star Ultra, Return to Dream Land, Triple Deluxe (Kirby Fighters) and Kirby Fighters Deluxe.
I think that they're probably separate. I'm doubtful that the Yellow Kirby is intended to be Keeby in any other game than Dream Course.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think that they're probably separate. I'm doubtful that the Yellow Kirby is intended to be Keeby in any other game than Dream Course.

Who make that game? Looks very different... Is a Puyo Puyo Rip off?

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
So?

Bandana Dee could have three-dimensional apples that can be used as barriers.
I saw someone say that BWD couldn't use a Shuriken solely because Greninja does already. Greninja also uses his hands, that means Little mac has to be cut in the next update. That is the opposite of logic.

Happy Birthday Kirby! I can't wait to play Kirby 64 and replay Squeak Squad.

*goes to eShop*
*has 9 cents left*
I already have Squeak Squad, (it's one of the best in the series IMO) and I'll hope to get Kirby's Dream Collection soon.

Wouldn't that be more fitting for, say, Knuckle Joe?
Knuckle Joe is already an assist trophy, and BWD does participate in Megaton Punch.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I saw someone say that BWD couldn't use a Shuriken solely because Greninja does already. Greninja also uses his hands, that means Little mac has to be cut in the next update. That is the opposite of logic.
No! That's all wrong! Greninja is one of many that needs to be cut because Mario uses his hands! Mario uses his feet too so Ike has to be cut among others... I'm kidding... I'll stop.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Bandanna Dee obviously can't be in the game because he runs, so he'd be a clone of Sonic.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Bandana Dee has eyes. Mario has eyes. Bandana Dee confirmed Mario clone. Mario has hat. Luigi has hat. Mario confirmed Luigi clone. Therefore, Bandana Dee confirmed distant Luigi clone.

Furret24

Smash Master
Bandana Dee has eyes. Mario has eyes. Bandana Dee confirmed Mario clone. Mario has hat. Luigi has hat. Mario confirmed Luigi clone. Therefore, Bandana Dee confirmed distant Luigi clone.
Meh, Mario's a clone of Dedede anyways. They both wear red.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
These quotes are ordered oddly but oh well.
Nothing wrong with that. :laugh:

HEY!!!! Mega Man games are awesome!!!!!!!!
Er, ok? I was just referring to a game-design issue that affects a number of older games from various countries. :)

Well... It wasn't a problem in Melee or Brawl with Whispy Woods's apples.
Maybe so, but there are a couple of issues here;

1: It's obvious even to non-Kirby-fans that Whispy Woods, a tree, might have something to do with apples - it's logical. The same can't be said for a bandana-clad ball-like creature.

2: Melee and Brawl were designed with a "ten foot user interface" in mind, along with only one base resolution. This time around, there are two games that share assets, with one having a lower native resolution and closer display than the other, and with the other also sharing the optional possibility of a closer lower-resolution display. This is something for which design considerations have to be made, and it probably would impact attacks using items that look similar to something else.

Either way I don't think they would do that.
I agree, honestly. I just find design-choice discussions about small details to be fun. :)

I agree with MarioMeteor I think he will only have one projectile. And that projectile is a well-aimed spear straight from hammerspace.
This, absolutely this. (Yes, I'm in the spear-throw-as-a-move camp.)

Wouldn't that be more fitting for, say, Knuckle Joe?
Knuckle Joe is already an assist trophy, and BWD does participate in Megaton Punch.
And Bandana Waddle Dee is your very first opponent, to boot!

I like to imagine so, but I don't really believe that they are the same. As an aside, Keeby's name is such a fantastic pun. :laugh:

While I'm here, I had a discussion idea of my own: Anyone who's played Smash with Amiibo Figure Player AIs knows that they tend to become unique individuals, and it never feels quite right to just lump them with the name of the character that they're based on. So, if Bandana Waddle Dee makes it in, and you were to get the Amiibo of him, what nickname would you give to the Smash AI for the figure, if you use it with the game? (Since we don't know what alts he'd have, I won't ask about which one you guys would pick, though. :laugh: )

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Nothing wrong with that. :laugh:

Er, ok? I was just referring to a game-design issue that affects a number of older games from various countries. :)

Maybe so, but there are a couple of issues here;

1: It's obvious even to non-Kirby-fans that Whispy Woods, a tree, might have something to do with apples - it's logical. The same can't be said for a bandana-clad ball-like creature.

2: Melee and Brawl were designed with a "ten foot user interface" in mind, along with only one base resolution. This time around, there are two games that share assets, with one having a lower native resolution and closer display than the other, and with the other also sharing the optional possibility of a closer lower-resolution display. This is something for which design considerations have to be made, and it probably would impact attacks using items that look similar to something else.

I agree, honestly. I just find design-choice discussions about small details to be fun. :)

This, absolutely this. (Yes, I'm in the spear-throw-as-a-move camp.)

And Bandana Waddle Dee is your very first opponent, to boot!

I like to imagine so, but I don't really believe that they are the same. As an aside, Keeby's name is such a fantastic pun. :laugh:

While I'm here, I had a discussion idea of my own: Anyone who's played Smash with Amiibo Figure Player AIs knows that they tend to become unique individuals, and it never feels quite right to just lump them with the name of the character that they're based on. So, if Bandana Waddle Dee makes it in, and you were to get the Amiibo of him, what nickname would you give to the Smash AI for the figure, if you use it with the game? (Since we don't know what alts he'd have, I won't ask about which one you guys would pick, though. :laugh: )
Call the amiibo Sailor Dee ;).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I was talking about the fact that certain pits in Mega Man were not safe, but some were. :p

Here's something relevant (kinda :drshrug:)

Discuss :drflip:
......................................................................................................................Help.

(Only King Dedede would have one strong arm and one flimsy one)

I think Keeby and Yellow Kirby are the same person.

Magolor makes the other characters look pathetic, he's probably the only one who lifts in this picture.

Last edited:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

This Picture describe how I see Kirby. Is freaking perfect!!! For me only....
I love to Put every character with Jojo or Kenshiro Style. I just can't resist pure manlepicness all over it.

OF ALL THE COSTUME.

I would suprise is they add Captain Rainbow, MK III and Sukapon as Mii costume would be very cool.

And balloon fighter as a costume would work.

What costume you would put in Smash bros. 4. Me I would say a Bandana dee hat, Sir Cutter costume and those green Knights full costume.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
What is you guys favourite Kirby games? For me, I would say either say either The Amazing Mirror or Triple Deluxe. Mirror for customization, smash references, and multiple Kirbys (more than one Kirby is always awesome) whereas Triple Deluxe had fun subgames, an out of nowhere final boss, Bandana Dee, and references to The Amazing Mirror.

This Picture describe how I see Kirby. Is freaking perfect!!! For me only....
I love to Put every character with Jojo or Kenshiro Style. I just can't resist pure manlepicness all over it.

OF ALL THE COSTUME.

I would suprise is they add Captain Rainbow, MK III and Sukapon as Mii costume would be very cool.

And balloon fighter as a costume would work.

What costume you would put in Smash bros. 4. Me I would say a Bandana dee hat, Sir Cutter costume and those green Knights full costume.
Dedede and Meta Knight's designs from Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. Too good to pass up.

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
My favorite Kirby game is a tough call, but I really like Kirby Squeak Squad and Super Star Ultra.

Last edited:
Top Bottom