• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
So Brawl has a T rating, but Melee does too.

Apparently it has to do with Peach's Ftilt, ok you know where I'm going with this...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Surely he could get a revamp in the transition to Smash 4, could he not? The mortar and RPG-7 rocket launcher smashes, as cool as they are and would be a shame to see go, could easily be replaced with equally explosive but less blatantly weaponized smashes. I have no real opinion on Snake's fate in the end, to be honest, but I'm merely speaking that he is a contender for the ballot in both votes and feasibility. That's all I really wanted to get out.

Who's your support secondary after your BWD support main? :)

But

I said I think. I mean Link has bombs. I don't think it was Snake.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Nope, those are explosions. Guns are the problem. Brawl was rated T because Wario I believe.
Actually, I believe it was rated T because of the little bit of blood you can see when Tabuu's Chains of Light literally rip off the back of Master Hand's knuckles.
Sorry to interrupt, but
You can't get a T rating just with a farting dude :drshrug:
If I recall correctly, Snake was indeed one of the reasons of why Brawl looked so grim and realistic
For Comparison
Brawl was dark, like REALLY dark
Don't blame Wario for that, he did nothing wrong :drohyou:
except maybe kidnapping children, but that's up for debate
Also, I'm pretty sure that we should be talking about BD or something like that :drwtf:
I really did like Brawl's artstyle.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I said I think. I mean Link has bombs. I don't think it was Snake.
Man, he used grenades
a mortar
a BAZOOKA
Also don't forget his "unique" grabbing position :drwtf:

That's just not something you would rate for "everyone" :drshrug:
I really did like Brawl's artstyle.
Heeeeeey...
You have a different opinion than mine, I respect that :dr^_^:

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
See, this is why I was trying to get the topic going of secondary supports alongside BWD. At least it goes back to Bandana Dee in terms of talking about "I'd like to see Bandana Dee and ____ in Smash together". Brawl's T rating has absolutely nothing to do with BWD, guys.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Man, he used grenades
a mortar
a BAZOOKA
Also don't forget his "unique" grabbing position :drwtf:

That's just not something you would rate for "everyone" :drshrug:

Heeeeeey...
You have a different opinion than mine, I respect that :dr^_^:
You know they changed that in the final build, right? Now he holds them in a...slightly more suggestive position. Especially on someone like Zero Suit.
Also, why don't you like Brawl's artstyle?

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
See, this is why I was trying to get the topic going of secondary supports alongside BWD. At least it goes back to Bandana Dee in terms of talking about "I'd like to see Bandana Dee and ____ in Smash together". Brawl's T rating has absolutely nothing to do with BWD, guys.
BUT THAT WAS WHAT I....
Also, I'm pretty sure that we should be talking about BD or something like that :drwtf:
Nevermind T.T
You know they changed that in the final build, right? Now he holds them in a...slightly more suggestive position. Especially on someone like Zero Suit.
Also, why don't you like Brawl's artstyle?
Maybe it was just "too realistic" for me? :drshrug:
It didn't really mattered, since the game was awesome (better than Melee IMHO)
and with that i go back to my lurker status!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'd like to see Bandana Dee and King K.Rool be in Smash "why and what does it represent" you may ask, well i will tell you why and what this duo represents, what we want and what we don't have, a bad ass spear user who can use it to recover like a helicopter, and a mighty and krool king who strikes fear into his foes and comes with a lots of personality as well, this duo is all we have left now to complete smash! vote for these dudes this is what we need!

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I'd like to see Bandana Dee and bomberman in Smash together
now can some do a picture of BWD and Bomberman hi-5ing and a caption says team mouthless for doc

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'd like to see Bandana Dee and Dark Matter and Smash

Bandana Dee is self explanatory

and

Dark Matter could be the real evil Kirby Villain
-The need more villains argument works perfectly
- A Dark user that isn't a clone...:)

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

Here's some random Bandana Doodles I made :4pacman:

2spooky4dee
I'd like to see Bandana Dee and Dark Matter and Smash

Bandana Dee is self explanatory

and

Dark Matter could be the real evil Kirby Villain
-The need more villains argument works perfectly
- A Dark user that isn't a clone...:)
You can't fool us :dr-_-:
You just really want Dark Matter to come back as the main antagonist in the Kirby series, don't you? :smirk:

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

2spooky4dee

You can't fool us :dr-_-:
You just really want Dark Matter to come back as the main antagonist in the Kirby series, don't you? :smirk:
...I did not mention that.

I would love Dark Matter as a playable Smash character legitimately, Imagine how awesome this would be

Dark Metter GIF.gif

Most people don't want Dark Mater back as a main antagonist they want it back to know its presence is still their and what it's been up to since Kirby 64

I'd be cool with a Dark Matter return tho

Ahh Chalo I enjoy conversations with you...you're funny

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
...I did not mention that.

I would love Dark Matter as a playable Smash character legitimately, Imagine how awesome this would be

View attachment 65246

Most people don't want Dark Mater back as a main antagonist they want it back to know its presence is still their and what it's been up to since Kirby 64

I'd be cool with a Dark Matter return tho
Well, We now that he isn't dead since :drshrug:
"Matter isn't created or destroyed, it just changes form"
We see Darkness in every Kirby game so technically he's still there :dr-_-:
Ahh Chalo I enjoy conversations with you...you're funny
Thanks!!! <( '‿' v)

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I want Bandana Dee and... whoever else.
You can have your Ridleys, King K. Rools, Raymans and Snakes.
I just want a plucky little 4th Rep to Sakurai's home series, and Bandana Dee fits the bill quite well due to his premade moveset and his relevance (Something alot of folk have been lacking, Banjo, King K., Snake and technically Inkling [since they've only been around for a few months now] come to mind)
And hey, even if he was somehow, someway more annoying to play as than Everyone's First Mistake (Playing Ike) or Pale Tuna, I'd still main him.

TL;DR

Dis is what I think.
Man, I love drawing Kirby.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
So...Bandana Dee is your main vote :chuckle: I've seen you "lurk" many places happy to know you support us. Love the art by the way :bluejump: put me to shame
Yup, I've been on the Bananaslammabonanzadana Wafflecone Dee side of things
I also slightly support Marx, but he isn't really relevant at the time so Bandana has taken full spotlight as of late (And by "As of Late" I mean KSSU and onward)

I've been here for a long time
I've just been hanging out in the King K. thread as of late due to it being pretty darn active as of late
(Also the DKC show is too funny to pass up referencing it at any given moment)
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure probably remembers me, but he might not :4pacman:

I appreciate the compliment on the art! I usually draw Kirby in my freetime, if you want something done you can feel free to ask and I might do it, that goes for everyone here! :4pacman:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I played For Glory and I had some fights against an extremely good guy, like... extremely good, maybe it was a tourney guy or something. He 2 stocked me like 15 times and I won only 2 fights (one with Kirby and the other with C. Falcon), I saved the replays :awesome:
His NNID was Blue, and his nickname was Blue Beast, he played with a lot of characters, all with the blue costumes.
I'm scared.

Bandana Dee, where are you? Please be top tier, so I can use you to defeat those op guys!
Yup, I've been on the Bananaslammabonanzadana Wafflecone Dee side of things
I also slightly support Marx, but he isn't really relevant at the time so Bandana has taken full spotlight as of late (And by "As of Late" I mean KSSU and onward)

I've been here for a long time
I've just been hanging out in the King K. thread as of late due to it being pretty darn active as of late
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure probably remembers me, but he might not :4pacman:

I appreciate the compliment on the art! I usually draw Kirby in my freetime, if you want something done you can feel free to ask and I might do it, that goes for everyone here! :4pacman:
I remember you!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I played For Glory and I had some fights against an extremely good guy, like... extremely good, maybe it was a tourney guy or something. He 2 stocked me like 15 times and I won only 2 fights (one with Kirby and the other with C. Falcon), I saved the replays :awesome:
His NNID was Blue, and his nickname was Blue Beast, he played with a lot of characters, all with the blue costumes.
I'm scared.

Bandana Dee, where are you? Please be top tier, so I can use you to defeat those op guys!

I remember you!
Bandana Dance.gif
I still have this with me, I remember making it
Good times, I might re-create it sometime :4pacman:

D

Deleted member

I'm going to buy RtDL tomorrow. Forcing my brother to be Player 1 >:) Can't wait to play it after all these years of never getting around to purchasing it, and I'm super excited because of how good Triple Deluxe was.
I can't tell you how many times I've binge watched the songs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Drawing on a Computer sucks
But I'm doing it for you guys :4pacman:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Pray this isn't a double post, it probably is tho and that's what you get for not posting
the prophecy.gif

Adobe Flash ain't what it used to be :4pacman:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I have some questions for you guys. Kirby has Shadow Kirby. Dedede has Shadow Dedede. Meta Knight has Dark MK. Now, does Bandana Dee have a mirror counterpart? Also, why is there Shadow Kirby and Dedede, but Dark MK? Why is it Dark and not Shadow? The only thing I can think of is that the Shadow characters were acting of their own accord whereas Dark MK was possessed.

I have some questions for you guys. Kirby has Shadow Kirby. Dedede has Shadow Dedede. Meta Knight has Dark MK. Now, does Bandana Dee have a mirror counterpart? Also, why is there Shadow Kirby and Dedede, but Dark MK? Why is it Dark and not Shadow? The only thing I can think of is that the Shadow characters were acting of their own accord whereas Dark MK was possessed.
I think Bandana Dee will get a mirror counterpart because all the other main characters got one, as much as I hate the Evil Twin trope. I don't think it matter if they are called Dark or Shadow in my opinion. I pretty sure that Dark Meta Knight is not possessed because when he is defeat he just blows up, I'm wondering if the Shadow Kirby from Triple Deluxe, is the same one from the Amazing Mirror.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
I think Bandana Dee will get a mirror counterpart because all the other main characters got one, as much as I hate the Evil Twin trope. I don't think it matter if they are called Dark or Shadow in my opinion. I pretty sure that Dark Meta Knight is not possessed because when he is defeat he just blows up, I'm wondering if the Shadow Kirby from Triple Deluxe, is the same one from the Amazing Mirror.
I think a Mirror World Bandana Dee seems unlikely because at the end of Dededetour the Mirror is destroyed. Granted it returns for The True Arena but I think the only way a Shadow Dee could appear is if they make another story game which requires Kirby and co. to repair the Mirror. Also, because the mirror is (apparently) destroyed, what happened to Shadow Kirby? And also, if Shadow Kirby was supposed to protect the MW, how did Dark MK come back and try to get revenge? Too many questions about the Mirror World.

I think a Mirror World Bandana Dee seems unlikely because at the end of Dededetour the Mirror is destroyed. Granted it returns for The True Arena but I think the only way a Shadow Dee could appear is if they make another story game which requires Kirby and co. to repair the Mirror. Also, because the mirror is (apparently) destroyed, what happened to Shadow Kirby? And also, if Shadow Kirby was supposed to protect the MW, how did Dark MK come back and try to get revenge? Too many questions about the Mirror World.
My theory is:That Dark Meta Knight defeats and posses Shadow Kirby, which is why he tries to fight you at the end of Kirby Fighters. At the same time,Sectonia collects the mirror portal,as Floralia is in the sky with the mirror portal, and she collects it because she's vain. This causes Sectonia to go insane as Dark Meta Knight is possessing her,but she doesn't know.Thus,causing the events of Kirby Triple Deluxe.
EDIT: Shinya Kumazaki,director of Kirby Triple Deluxe, said "Queen Sectonia's tyrannical personality stemmed from excessive gazing into the Dimension Mirror".
Source:http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Dimension_Mirror

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
My theory is:That Dark Meta Knight defeats and posses Shadow Kirby, which is why he tries to fight you at the end of Kirby Fighters. At the same time,Sectonia collects the mirror portal,as Floralia is in the sky with the mirror portal, and she collects it because she's vain. This causes Sectonia to go insane as Dark Meta Knight is possessing her,but she doesn't know.Thus,causing the events of Kirby Triple Deluxe.
EDIT: Shinya Kumazaki,director of Kirby Triple Deluxe, said "Queen Sectonia's tyrannical personality stemmed from excessive gazing into the Dimension Mirror".
Source:http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Dimension_Mirror
I knew about the Sectonia thing but as I said, how did Dark MK return after KaTAM? I know a similar thing happened with Marx to Marx Soul in KSSU but at least that was explained. The only thing I can think of is that Dark Mind managed to survive long enough to reincarnate Dark MK. Or Old Shadow Kirby is the new Dark MK. DMK doesn't change colour whereas SK does. So all I can think of is SK became DMK and another Mirror World Kirby (after all, Kirbies (Kirbys?) are part of a species called Kirbys (or Kirbies)) became the Shadow Kirby in Kirby Fighters and Kirby Fighters Deluxe.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see Bndanna Dee and Isaac together because it would be amusing to see 2 completetly different characters duke it out with Nintendo's Cast.

I thought I was the only one!
What arguments for Bandana Dee do you bring up when you talk to a deetractor about Bandana Dee being in smash 4?
- Moveset potential
- Lack of spear users
- Not a generic enemy/has more differences from his species than Yoshi, Kirby and all Pokemon characters.
- Popularity
- Relevancy

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
After some absence I decided to come back. And now people are talking about something really complex that stems from a game I have never played. :(
- Moveset potential
- Lack of spear users
- Not a generic enemy/has more differences from his species than Yoshi, Kirby and all Pokemon characters.
- Popularity
- Relevancy
I wouldn't go that far. There are a lot of unique Pokémon out there. (And if you want to overthink it few Pokémon are of the same species. EX. Growlithe and Lilipup both have the same species name: The Puppy Pokémon... I would know this off the top of my head! :facepalm:)

After some absence I decided to come back. And now people are talking about something really complex that stems from a game I have never played. :(

I wouldn't go that far. There are a lot of unique Pokémon out there. (And if you want to overthink it few Pokémon are of the same species. EX. Growlithe and Lilipup both have the same species name: The Puppy Pokémon... I would know this off the top of my head! :facepalm:)
I meant that Pikachu, Charizard and other Pokemon characters in Smash look identical to all other members of their species (ex. Jigglypuff is identical to all other Jigglypuffs, Charizard is identical to all other Charizards...). It should be obvious. :glare:

Last edited:
Top Bottom