• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
New question:

Besides just having Bandana Dee in Smash, what do you look forward to in Bandana Dee's appearance? (ie, amiibo, adorable artwork, more Kirby fans, etc.)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I had some time for Smash Wii U today (I prefer the 3DS version, and have a lot more time for that due to its portability), and I just wanted to say to whoever's been drawing those great Bandana Waddle Dee support pictures in the "Support King Dedede!" section, keep it up, and make sure you guys are covering the Kirby and Meta Knight support sections as well.

They're showing up in the Miiverse stage frequently now, and I saw no less than three different ones whilst playing on that stage today. :grin: Everyone who was playing the game with me took notice as well, so it's definitely effective.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I never thought i would live to the day someone said this.
I have a great dislike of having to tether to a television, or otherwise be stuck in one place to be able to play things. It's boring and impractical, and the Wii U GamePad doesn't address the problem in any way, since in most types of building you can only play it in the same room as the console itself. ;)

Also, by and large, I prefer the 3DS version's stages, modes, and much more realistic challenges.

EDIT: And I find the 3DS' controls to be far more precise, too. Not to mention that the ergonomic benefits of a flat analogue device, as opposed to sticks, are quite important!

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
So, with the poll closing in a few months, what do you guys think Sakurai and his team look for in characters and suggestions? What do you think Sakurai's standards are for characters he thinks deserve to be in smash or not?

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
I have a great dislike of having to tether to a television, or otherwise be stuck in one place to be able to play things. It's boring and impractical, and the Wii U GamePad doesn't address the problem in any way, since in most types of building you can only play it in the same room as the console itself. ;)

Also, by and large, I prefer the 3DS version's stages, modes, and much more realistic challenges.

EDIT: And I find the 3DS' controls to be far more precise, too. Not to mention that the ergonomic benefits of a flat analogue device, as opposed to sticks, are quite important!
Staying in one room isn't boring or impractical, unless you're trying to multitask, which doesn't make sense to me to play an action game while multitasking.
I would also be excited the most for playing as b-dee and his awesome art (both official and fan made)

So, with the poll closing in a few months, what do you guys think Sakurai and his team look for in characters and suggestions? What do you think Sakurai's standards are for characters he thinks deserve to be in smash or not?
Rule #1: Ignore every suggestion related to Donkey Kong, Metroid, Wario Land and newer Kirby games.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Staying in one room isn't boring or impractical, unless you're trying to multitask, which doesn't make sense to me to play an action game while multitasking.
It may not be to you, but it certainly is to me. :laugh: And, you know, being able to go places and still play stuff is something I like. :smash:

Anyway, getting myself back on-topic... :)

I wouldn't even like to try to guess this, honestly. All I can do is look at the game as a coherent whole, as it makes sense in that form. :laugh:

Incidentally, did anyone else notice that the file-size of the 1.1.0 update, for both versions of the game, seemed to be disproportionately large when considering what was added to it?

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
It may not be to you, but it certainly is to me. :laugh: And, you know, being able to go places and still play stuff is something I like. :smash:

Anyway, getting myself back on-topic... :)

I wouldn't even like to try to guess this, honestly. All I can do is look at the game as a coherent whole, as it makes sense in that form. :laugh:

Incidentally, did anyone else notice that the file-size of the 1.1.0 update, for both versions of the game, seemed to be disproportionately large when considering what was added to it?
I feel like it's a big update because it might have data related to preparation to future updates, like extra character/stage slots or something, because it makes no sense for the 3ds version to take a lot of space for 2 stages and mii costumes, unless I'm missing something.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I feel like it's a big update because it might have data related to preparation to future updates, like extra character/stage slots or something, because it makes no sense for the 3ds version to take a lot of space for 2 stages and mii costumes, unless I'm missing something.
That's precisely my thinking, too.

The rebalancing has been greatly appreciated, since it addresses some broken things that were strangely overlooked during the previous rebalancing work, but it's also kind of odd - we typically only tend to get those alongside character releases, nowadays!

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Yeah... That update took up a ton of space, and my 3DS's SD card is really running out of room now. In fact, the amount of space used by the update was MORE than the amount of space remaining on my SD card now, after said update...

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I'm trying to get Return to Dreamland of the eshop.............. BUT I SPENT ALL ME MUNNI ON SSB4 STAGES.

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
Hmm... You know... Sometimes I wonder how many other Bandana Dee supporters there are out there, aside from us. Like, ones who don't use Smashboards. Ones we haven't met.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Their is some are on gamefaqs some are on reddit, some are on miiverse, some are just...supporters, and some don't choose to show their face.

Also Reddit poll, Bandana Dee is #9

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/39v7hg/smash_ballot_poll_week_6_results_over_2000/
Isaac 176 Votes
Shantae 161 Votes
King K. Rool 127 Votes
Snake 103 Votes
Banjo-Kazooie 89 Votes
Shovel Knight 87 Votes

Wolf 66 Votes
Ice Climbers 55 Votes
Bandana Dee 47 Votes
Inkling 41 Votes

Dimming out the 3rd-parties that don't remotely hold a candle to other legendary 3rd-parties, Banjo-Kazooie for being a Microsoft exclusive, and the Ice Climbers for facing technical limitations, Bandana Dee makes #5 on this list. As in, he's in the Top 5 of most requested Smash characters, at least according to this survey sample. When further considering the fact that Snake and Wolf are veterans, that makes Bandana Dee the 3rd most requested, feasible newcomer of everyone out there. Not too shabby if I say so myself!

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It disturbs me greatly that Shovel Knight and Shantae have more votes than somebody actually worthy of the spot.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It disturbs me greatly that Shovel Knight and Shantae have more votes than somebody actually worthy of the spot.
I'm not going to comment on any characters as such (I don't really have a view on them or their worthiness), but I do think that some folks forget that this isn't Dream Mix TV World Fighters or similar, sometimes.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I'm not going to comment on any characters as such (I don't really have a view on them or their worthiness), but I do think that some folks forget that this isn't Dream Mix TV World Fighters or similar, sometimes.
Admittedly, it's rather easy to do when you've got people like Ryu in Smash.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Isaac 176 Votes
Shantae 161 Votes
King K. Rool 127 Votes
Snake 103 Votes
Banjo-Kazooie 89 Votes
Shovel Knight 87 Votes

Wolf 66 Votes
Ice Climbers 55 Votes
Bandana Dee 47 Votes
Inkling 41 Votes

Dimming out the 3rd-parties that don't remotely hold a candle to other legendary 3rd-parties, Banjo-Kazooie for being a Microsoft exclusive, and the Ice Climbers for facing technical limitations, Bandana Dee makes #5 on this list. As in, he's in the Top 5 of most requested Smash characters, at least according to this survey sample. When further considering the fact that Snake and Wolf are veterans, that makes Bandana Dee the 3rd most requested, feasible newcomer of everyone out there. Not too shabby if I say so myself!
Shouldn't you get rid of Snake?

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
People usually say Shantae/Shovel Knight/Quote/etc. can represent the indie world in Smash.
My response: "So..."

D

Deleted member

Smash once had snake Dream Mix TV World Fighters has snake
Dream Mix TV World Fighters confirmed to be Smash!!!!!

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Does that imply that Isaac isn't worth of a spot due to not being one of said characters they have more votes than?
Shouldn't you get rid of Snake?
On what grounds? Nothing has ruled out his return aside from the shenanigans going on at Konami, and being a smash veteran is absolutely full of notoriety now regardless of what standings the MGS series has with Nintendo in the present. No reason to get rid of him as far as I'm concerned, especially when it has no effect on BWD.

D

Deleted member

Does that imply that Isaac isn't worth of a spot due to not being one of said characters they have more votes than?
no, isaac is a Nintendo character and it's just his opinion that S knight and shantae can't be in smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

On what grounds? Nothing has ruled out his return aside from the shenanigans going on at Konami, and being a smash veteran is absolutely full of notoriety now regardless of what standings the MGS series has with Nintendo in the present. No reason to get rid of him as far as I'm concerned, especially when it has no effect on BWD.
I don't how, but I had a feeling you'd reply. But no, that's not what that implies, because Isaac has a chance, and a strong one at that. Dare I say, a larger one than Bandanna Dee? He's first party, and that alone makes him more likely than the aforementioned two.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I don't how, but I had a feeling you'd reply. But no, that's not what that implies, because Isaac has a chance, and a strong one at that. Dare I say, a larger one than Bandanna Dee? He's first party, and that alone makes him more likely than the aforementioned two.
Someone replying to a post on a forum? That's some uncanny prediction you have there.

And I agree completely, your wording just came across as "everyone that deserves a spot has less votes than Shantae" ergo "anyone above Shantae shouldn't be in Smash", so I just wanted to make sure. I'll be honest, I think Isaac outright deserves to be in Smash more than Bandana Dee, but they're both my most requested characters. They both come from fantastic series, both have myriads of unique gameplay potential, and both have been around for over a decade, but between the two, Isaac brings another series into Smash altogether and is actually the main protagonist of said series, so my opinion leans slightly in favor of him for those reasons alone.

I guess this leaves room for a new thread topic. Similar to those "Who are your secondaries?" threads I often see for mains of a given character's discussion forum, who are your biggest requests in Smash after Bandana Dee and why? Maybe there's a pattern to find if many of us have "support secondaries".

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I guess this leaves room for a new thread topic. Similar to those "Who are your secondaries?" threads I often see for mains of a given character's discussion forum, who are your biggest requests in Smash after Bandana Dee and why? Maybe there's a pattern to find if many of us have "support secondaries".
I don't have any DLC requests after Bandana Waddle Dee, myself, but that's actually because I have one before him.

Even though Kirby is my favourite Nintendo series overall, I'm a King K. Rool supporter first because he's my favourite Nintendo villain (meanwhile, Dedede, not being a villain, is my favourite Nintendo character of all ;)), and given his important role, I've always felt that he really should have been in Smash years ago.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Would Snake have to raise the overall rating of the game as he has all those weapons (I'm not too big on the names) such as the grenades and the rocket launcher..

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Someone replying to a post on a forum? That's some uncanny prediction you have there.

And I agree completely, your wording just came across as "everyone that deserves a spot has less votes than Shantae" ergo "anyone above Shantae shouldn't be in Smash", so I just wanted to make sure. I'll be honest, I think Isaac outright deserves to be in Smash more than Bandana Dee, but they're both my most requested characters. They both come from fantastic series, both have myriads of unique gameplay potential, and both have been around for over a decade, but between the two, Isaac brings another series into Smash altogether and is actually the main protagonist of said series, so my opinion leans slightly in favor of him for those reasons alone.

Considering the multitude of people on this thread that post regularly, I would say that it is indeed some uncanny prediction that you just happened to be the very same person that I knew would reply. What can I say, I'm a people person.
I also agree. Isaac is probably a better choice than Bandanna. Especially because Golden Sun was so damn good. Probably one of the greatest RPGs ever.
As for my biggest request, after Dee, it would be Rundas because he's the representative that Metroid needs and deserves, and not to mention the cryokinesis, and Geno, because the creativity his moveset allows for is astounding, provided they don't Robin him up.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Would Snake have to raise the overall rating of the game as he has all those weapons (I'm not too big on the names) such as the grenades and the rocket launcher..
Surely he could get a revamp in the transition to Smash 4, could he not? The mortar and RPG-7 rocket launcher smashes, as cool as they are and would be a shame to see go, could easily be replaced with equally explosive but less blatantly weaponized smashes. I have no real opinion on Snake's fate in the end, to be honest, but I'm merely speaking that he is a contender for the ballot in both votes and feasibility. That's all I really wanted to get out.

Who's your support secondary after your BWD support main? :)
Nope, those are explosions. Guns are the problem. Brawl was rated T because Wario I believe.
But

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Nope, those are explosions. Guns are the problem. Brawl was rated T because Wario I believe.
Sorry to interrupt, but
You can't get a T rating just with a farting dude :drshrug:
If I recall correctly, Snake was indeed one of the reasons of why Brawl looked so grim and realistic
For Comparison
Brawl was dark, like REALLY dark
Don't blame Wario for that, he did nothing wrong :drohyou:
except maybe kidnapping children, but that's up for debate
Also, I'm pretty sure that we should be talking about BD or something like that :drwtf:

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Sorry to interrupt, but
You can't get a T rating just with a farting dude :drshrug:
If I recall correctly, Snake was indeed one of the reasons of why Brawl looked so grim and realistic
For Comparison
Brawl was dark, like REALLY dark
Don't blame Wario for that, he did nothing wrong :drohyou:
except maybe kidnapping children, but that's up for debate
That reminds me Sakurai and team couldn't fit Snake into the cartoony style that's why Brawl was so...DARK

So guys...GUESS WHAT GHOSTLY IS DOING

Screenshot_3.png

I'm learning to 3D model..expect something of Bandana Dee soon

Top Bottom