• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I wouldn't be shocked if Sakurai threw a random Bandana Dee playable fighter this weekend tbh
"We will be releasing new Mii Fighter costumes today, such as this lovely King K. Rool costume. Bandanna Waddle Dee will be available for download after this announcement. Look at the attention to detail on the eye and the stomach!"

Ronk

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2466-1560-1125
A friend of a friend of a friend who works at nintendo sent me this! I think it might be real!

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So, I'm not actually done yet, and I'm probably going to start over since it's so terrible (even compared to my other stuff, and they aren't that good), but since the failure is so spectacular I feel like I should share it. Bandana Dee's bandana appears to react like a liquid, and it's pretty hilarious.
lolfail.gif

Edit:Fixed, thanks for pointing it out, I wouldn't have caught that :laugh:.

Last edited:
So, I'm not actually done yet, and I'm probably going to start over since it's so terrible (even compared to my other stuff, and they aren't that good), but since the failure is so spectacular I feel like I should share it. Bandana Dee's bandana appears to react like a liquid, and it's pretty hilarious.
Broken images. Broken images everywhere.

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
g-guys I think I'm going to die today.... I found...... 2 rare amiibos today..... should I show them to you...... or.....

D

Deleted member

how does one make those splash art things?
i want to expand my support for the dee.

Last edited by a moderator:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Yes..it's work.

EDIT: @ Chandeelure Chandeelure you shouldn't have given up on them it was fun to see their pathetic arguments, guy didn't even know how many games Bandana Dee has appeared in and then outright denies that he was in Triple Deluxe because he only threw food...which means HE WAS IN TRIPLE DELUXE lol

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yes..it's work.

EDIT: @ Chandeelure Chandeelure you shouldn't have given up on them it was fun to see their pathetic arguments, guy didn't even know how many games Bandana Dee has appeared in and then outright denies that he was in Triple Deluxe because he only threw food...which means HE WAS IN TRIPLE DELUXE lol
I don't know... you should post a link to the comment (if that is possible), so some of you guys here can help.
I don't want to continue, but I don't know, they are trolls, they will never understand.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I have some good news on the Miiverse front, guys: The recent overhaul of the service benefits propaganda drawings hugely.

Even though the Drawings section in each community is supposed to be skewed towards what's popular by default, it actually displays the most recent images before you enter (i.e., when you're on the main page for any given game). This is great exposure - it's bringing in more "Yeah!"s for my drawings at a greater rate than before.

My most recent piece prompted someone to ask how useful Bandana Waddle Dee would be as a character. My thanks to @ God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin for summing up BWD's potential and likely playstyle so well in one of the old blog articles, because I was able to quickly sum up why he'd be useful and fun as a result.

Take full advantage of this, guys - this wasn't a feature they announced beforehand, and it will help us.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
How? I can't get them. I'm sad.
it's like a really small store I have way too much free time since I got layer off and my parents have gone to P.E.I for the week >_>. I'm also going to be at the store tomorrow morning for dark pit which I will give away. (I might as well since he is going to be rare.) I'm really sorry for doing this but its a toxic addiction I can't break out of it please send help...

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
it's like a really small store I have way too much free time since I got layer off and my parents have gone to P.E.I for the week >_>. I'm also going to be at the store tomorrow morning for dark pit which I will give away. (I might as well since he is going to be rare.) I'm really sorry for doing this but its a toxic addiction I can't break out of it please send help...
I see you've caught Amiibo Compulsion Syndrome.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Speaking of Deetractors, one argument (and arguably the worst one I've ever seen) was that Bandana Dee was "a little kid character" and that I was immature for wanting him. I couldn't take him seriously since he was slinging curses and insults at people who know Goku can't be in. Also, his argument was BEARly a good one and I just linked him here.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I have some good news on the Miiverse front, guys: The recent overhaul of the service benefits propaganda drawings hugely.

Even though the Drawings section in each community is supposed to be skewed towards what's popular by default, it actually displays the most recent images before you enter (i.e., when you're on the main page for any given game). This is great exposure - it's bringing in more "Yeah!"s for my drawings at a greater rate than before.

My most recent piece prompted someone to ask how useful Bandana Waddle Dee would be as a character. My thanks to @ God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin for summing up BWD's potential and likely playstyle so well in one of the old blog articles, because I was able to quickly sum up why he'd be useful and fun as a result.

Take full advantage of this, guys - this wasn't a feature they announced beforehand, and it will help us.
I'm thrilled to hear my piece was able to help out. Even more so, I'm really glad to hear that Miiverse's overhaul is that much better for exposure. It sounds like Miiverse could be a very reliable storefront for BWD support now that there are ways to stand out.

I've also finished my summer classes. Now if I can just finish the work I'm behind on in the form of 2 papers and a final exam, I'll have no more college to haunt me and I'd be free to help out some more!

BlueZard

Smash Journeyman
NNID
tangerine1234
I know it's incredibly soon to ask, since I don't expect any character reveals until the ballot is actually over. But...

If Bandana Dee were to win, what do you think the reveal phrase would be?

I know most people tend to go with "Bandana Dee Waddles In" or "Bandana Dee Spears In" and things of the like. But I got a great pun in mind...

"Bandana Dee Shows His Fighting Spear-It!"

...OK, maybe it isn't that great. But I couldn't resist. :p
Sorry about that.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
He got so low to try and use grammatical arguments...how low...I've done that before. I'm sure if he actually had a brain he would at least know how to get a profile picture.

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
I know it's incredibly soon to ask, since I don't expect any character reveals until the ballot is actually over. But...

If Bandana Dee were to win, what do you think the reveal phrase would be?

I know most people tend to go with "Bandana Dee Waddles In" or "Bandana Dee Spears In" and things of the like. But I got a great pun in mind...

Sorry about that.
I was maybe thinking "Bandana Dee serves the battle". I think it would fit.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed

Sorry about that.
I must admit, this made me grin. :grin: It also sounds very much like something the Smash team would come up with.

Furret24

Smash Master
It appears Smash's servers are undergoing maintenance right now, likely preparing for the upcoming update.

Speaking of Deetractors, one argument (and arguably the worst one I've ever seen) was that Bandana Dee was "a little kid character" and that I was immature for wanting him. I couldn't take him seriously since he was slinging curses and insults at people who know Goku can't be in. Also, his argument was BEARly a good one and I just linked him here.
I heard worse, one of the Deetractors said this about Bandana Dee: No more blue haired swordsman.
And about Goku, Master Chief,Lara Croft, and Cloud have a better chance of getting into Smash then him.
Why is Goku so popular, when he has no chance?

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
I'm ready for Bandana Dee, Fountain of Dreams with C-R-O-W-N-E-D and a patch that will make all the Kirby characters top tier.
Everyone! my Dad's brother's, wife's , mother's, neighbor's son works on the Smash 4 balance team and told me the patch notes for the next update!
Leaked 1.0.9 Patch Notes

Kirby :4kirby:
* Side-B hitbox increased to entire stage. Now does 400% and the Knockback of Marth's final smash
* Now Faster than Sonic

Dedede :4dedede:
* Hitting Dedede now gives him health and no longer takes any knockback or has any hitstun
* U-tilt reverted to brawl U-tilit and then buffed to kill at 10% from the top of Dreamland

Meta Knight :4metaknight:
* Reverted to Brawl form, Need I say more?

Greninja :4greninja:
* Can no longer move

Diddy Kong :4diddy:
* No more banana or good frame data. D-tilt now does -1% and take 40 frames for the animation to end. ZeRo would still win Apex 2016 with him.

Sheik :4sheik:
* Is now intangible

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Congratulations! Same here. Don't they look great together?
Yep

With Kirby, I can't see a small gap in the paint where the top part of kirby's body meets the bottom, (same with Jiggly actually)

Meta Knight looks really cool with those wings, its just awesome

Dedede actually has some weight behind it, I was a little surprised when I picked it. Definitely my heaviest Amiibo

Furret24

Smash Master
Yep

With Kirby, I can't see a small gap in the paint where the top part of kirby's body meets the bottom, (same with Jiggly actually)

Meta Knight looks really cool with those wings, its just awesome

Dedede actually has some weight behind it, I was a little surprised when I picked it. Definitely my heaviest Amiibo
That's a pretty neat touch actually.

Also, I just got the DLC stages. Here's the list of music of both of them.

Peach's Castle 64
-Original Song (3DS Song)
-SM64 Remix, a brand new one (Alt. 3DS Song)
-Slide (a.k.a. Tick Tock Clock), which is awesome.
-SM3 Theme
-SM2 Theme

Hyrule Castle 64
-Original Song (3DS Song)
-LoZ Remix, brand new (Alt. 3DS Song)
-LoZ 1 NES overworld theme
-LoZ: A Link to the Past overworld theme
-LoZ: OoT theme
-LoZ: MM Termina theme

Last edited:
Top Bottom