• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603

So this was a thing earlier today before I trashed it.

I'm not against criticism and I welcome it entirely if it's constructive, but when it's an attempted jab at our efforts without signifying what we can do to improve, that's grounds for removal. It seems "a friend" didn't even read the article in the first place--we don't even have a moveset on there! Seems rather unfortunate that our first commenter would be a troll.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

So this was a thing earlier today before I trashed it.

I'm not against criticism and I welcome it entirely if it's constructive, but when it's an attempted jab at our efforts without signifying what we can do to improve, that's grounds for removal. It seems "a friend" didn't even read the article in the first place--we don't even have a moveset on there! Seems rather unfortunate that our first commenter would be a troll.
XD
It was probably one of the guys from the DLC character discussion thread, I think.
But yeah, whatever, every character has detractors.

Looks at Sakurai's cake!

:3

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I tweeted "Happy Birthday" to Sakurai, but in japanese.
I also included this:

View attachment 65640

Obviously.
XD
It was probably one of the guys from the DLC character discussion thread, I think.
But yeah, whatever, every character has detractors.

Looks at Sakurai's cake!

:3

Goddangit, I just walk into this thread and two cakes are posted...like I have always said, whenever I come here, i start to feel hungry.

Furret24

Smash Master
I want to know about the next Nintendo Direct...
I hope they reveal something about Kirby soon.

What? XD
Ekans is Snake backwards.
Arbok is Kobra backwards.
Muk is K** backwards.

*Dong Expands*

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Hey Bdee fans, just thought I'd pop in to show my continuing support.:)

I was just reading some of the recent posts here, and it got me thinking about the Dee's personality... I know it's not exactly the same one (as far as we're aware), but I always loved how loveable and goofy 64's Waddle Dee was. Bdee's like that too, for the most part, but I feel like RTDL's cutscenes just didn't show it nearly as well as 64's did for that Dee. What I'm hoping is that, if Bandana Dee does get in, Sakurai and the team really emphasise his goofy and earnest personality; like, for example, making him look like he's fumbling with some attacks, though they still work just the same. Basically, I don't want him to look bad***, He should look like he's trying his best, though he sometimes messes up. I feel like that captures him best. As far as I can tell, there really aren't any other characters on the roster like that (except maybe Olimar), so it would help him stand out a bit more, too. It just makes sense to me.

So what do you guys think? Should the Dee's personality be a priority?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I was just reading some of the recent posts here, and it got me thinking about the Dee's personality... I know it's not exactly the same one (as far as we're aware), but I always loved how loveable and goofy 64's Waddle Dee was. Bdee's like that too, for the most part, but I feel like RTDL's cutscenes just didn't show it nearly as well as 64's did for that Dee. What I'm hoping is that, if Bandana Dee does get in, Sakurai and the team really emphasise his goofy and earnest personality; like, for example, making him look like he's fumbling with some attacks, though they still work just the same. Basically, I don't want him to look bad***, He should look like he's trying his best, though he sometimes messes up. I feel like that captures him best. As far as I can tell, there really aren't any other characters on the roster like that (except maybe Olimar), so it would help him stand out a bit more, too. It just makes sense to me.

Is that what aldelaro was trying to say? XD
Yes, every character in Smash shows his/her personality with his moveset or taunts.
View attachment 65677
You love to make me suffer with food, don't you? =u= ME LAS VAS A PAGAR.
Perdón XD
=u= Dammit, I knew someone was going to say it just as I commented...
It was inevitable (v(- ' ' -)>↑

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Is that what aldelaro was trying to say? XD
Yes, every character in Smash shows his/her personality with his moveset or taunts.

Perdón XD

It was inevitable (v(- ' ' -)>↑

No, No, ya cortalas. TT U TT I'm in a moment of CRISIS where I don't even have milk to serve me a freakin' cereal, and YOU SHOW A BANDANA DEE CHOCOLATE CAKE and MOAR FOOD?! > ^ < that was mean!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

I forgot to say, thanks for your support!

No, No, ya cortalas. TT U TT I'm in a moment of CRISIS where I don't even have milk to serve me a freakin' cereal, and YOU SHOW A BANDANA DEE CHOCOLATE CAKE and MOAR FOOD?! > ^ < that was mean!
XD
Now, I'm hungry.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
I forgot to say, thanks for your support!
No prob. :grin: I've been a supporter since before Smash 4 came out, I just don't post alot. I check in now and again to see what's going on in here, though, so I'm always there in spirit!

Edit: Ha, just talking about how long I've been a supporter and I get the 'it's been a long time' award... so weird! o.O

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Try to favorite and retweet this: https://twitter.com/BandanaDeeSm4sh/status/628044303202390017
It was retweeted by some japanese people, that's pretty cool.

No prob. :grin: I've been a supporter since before Smash 4 came out, I just don't post alot. I check in now and again to see what's going on in here, though, so I'm always there in spear-it!

Edit: Ha, just talking about how long I've been a supporter and I get the 'it's been a long time' award... so weird! o.O
That's a weird coincidence XD

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
If Bandana Dee appears in the next Kirby game, what role do you think he'll be in, Playable, Support, or Cameo? Also, anyone find it odd that Meta Knight seems to have disappeared in the most recent Kirby games, with only a cameo in Rainbow Curse?

If Bandana Dee appears in the next Kirby game, what role do you think he'll be in, Playable, Support, or Cameo? Also, anyone find it odd that Meta Knight seems to have disappeared in the most recent Kirby games, with only a cameo in Rainbow Curse?
Depends on whether the game is 1-player, 2-player or 4-player game. If it's 4-player game, then he'll almost definitely be a playable character, unless the developers are lazy and just have four different-colored Kirbys instead. If it's 1-player or 2-player game, I can see him being a support or even a minor antagonist (similar to KSSU, this depends on Dedede's role in the game). If he is a minor antagonist, then I could see him appearing as a boss (if this happens, I hope he is an actual boss instead of joke).

Yes, Meta Knight's role in the series has been significantly smaller in recent years. However, if we get a 4-player Kirby game on Wii U, he'll most likely be a playable character again.

Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
B. I was referring to Sceptile's burst in popularity around the time Greninja was revealed.
I'd rather have Grovyle over Sceptile.

Seems like Meta Knight was banned from more game than just Brawl. Bandana Dee would likely have a sub mode like Meta Knightmare or player 2 3 or 4 during the main story.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero

Seems like Meta Knight was banned from more game than just Brawl. Bandana Dee would likely have a sub mode like Meta Knightmare or player 2 3 or 4 during the main story.
If it were Grovyle over Sceptile at least Mystery Dungeon could get some representation in Smash.

If it were Grovyle over Sceptile at least Mystery Dungeon could get some representation in Smash.
We should have Wigglytuff as PMD representative in next Smash. Although he could end up being a Jigglypuff clone...

Or even better, the OP shopkeeper Kecleon who summons his equally OP clones and murders you if you don't have enough money to pay instead of just demanding the item back.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Hey, if they could pull that off with Duck Hunt, I don't see why Bandana Dee can't do it.

Depends on whether the game is 1-player, 2-player or 4-player game. If it's 4-player game, then he'll almost definitely be a playable character, unless the developers are lazy and just have four different-colored Kirbys instead. If it's 1-player or 2-player game, I can see him being a support or even a minor antagonist (similar to KSSU, this depends on Dedede's role in the game). If he is a minor antagonist, then I could see him appearing as a boss (if this happens, I hope he is an actual boss instead of joke).

Yes, Meta Knight's role in the series has been significantly smaller in recent years. However, if we get a 4-player Kirby game on Wii U, he'll most likely be a playable character again.

I really hope that Bandana Dee is either playable (Maybe even with his very own subgame as well!) or appears as a boss. (And not a joke boss like in KSSU, but proves a legitimate threat this time around. With all the things he's been shown doing with his spear recently, I'd be legit surprised that they don't do something useful with it in a boss battle.

I really hope that Bandana Dee is either playable (Maybe even with his very own subgame as well!) or appears as a boss. (And not a joke boss like in KSSU, but proves a legitimate threat this time around. With all the things he's been shown doing with his spear recently, I'd be legit surprised that they don't do something useful with it in a boss battle.
He could be the OP true final boss (either main game or True Arena):

*Dedede lays in the ground, defeated by Kirby*
*Kirby does his victory dance*
*Bandana Dee jumps to the arena*
BD: "You hurt the Great King! Now you'll pay!"
*Unbeatable battle against Bandana Dee begins*

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Question for you guys. If there was a character that you got your first smash game for, who was it, and why? For me, it was actually Greninja. Back when X & Y came out, Froakie was my starter because I thought Greninja looked awesome. The reason he isn't my main (or even secondary) is because I was unable to use him as well as I was able to use Lucario so I relegated him to secondary. Then I remembered I had always wanted to like Kirby and Lucario became a secondary and as I tested more Kirby characters, Greninja moved into tertiary territory.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
He could be the OP true final boss (either main game or True Arena):

*Dedede lays in the ground, defeated by Kirby*
*Kirby does his victory dance*
*Bandana Dee jumps to the arena*
BD: "You hurt the Great King! Now you'll pay!"
*Unbeatable battle against Bandana Dee begins*
I got a good idea...a tag team battle vs Bandana Dee and King Dedede like Mr.Shine and Mr.Bright

Awesome..

No characters I have ever wanted have gotten into Smash...I wanted
King Boo
Kamek
Dark Matter
etc
etc

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I just beat a Captain Falcon 3 times in a row with my no arts Wiimote Shulk. DA FEAR ON 4 GLORY!

Question for you guys. If there was a character that you got your first smash game for, who was it, and why? For me, it was actually Greninja. Back when X & Y came out, Froakie was my starter because I thought Greninja looked awesome. The reason he isn't my main (or even secondary) is because I was unable to use him as well as I was able to use Lucario so I relegated him to secondary. Then I remembered I had always wanted to like Kirby and Lucario became a secondary and as I tested more Kirby characters, Greninja moved into tertiary territory.
Brawl was my first game but I didn't really know much about the characters back then so the Wii U version I bought because I wanted to play as just everyone in general. No real person that I really wanted to play as.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Melee was my first game, so I knew just about no one. I used Ness first because I thought he looked cool

Top Bottom