• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
"Main character's skin colour" "Legitimate criticism"
Those two phrases should never be in a sentence together, unless you are mocking someone who said that.
Here is how I imagine one of the Kirby colour haters conversations going.

"Hah, look at this pink idiot. What series has a pink main character?"
*Kirby fan walks in, shows them Galacta Knight
"... Look at THIS pink idiot"

Note: Kirby is awesome. Anyone who has the above conversation as their thought process should leave now.

Edit: @ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure The four Miracle fruits was the True Arena when Sectonia appears after DMK.
Yes...I don't think I said that it was before DMK

Because it was
DX Sectonia > DMK > SoulPrt 1 > SoulPrt2 > Where ever she is now...

That reminds me I'd love to see Sectonia come back...as a villain not as a final boss but her coming back and fighting Kirby again in a different style (showing she has learned from her **** ups) would be good...not like FIFTY BILLIONS PHASES but like a 2 phase DMK style battle...difficult.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
"Main character's skin colour" "Legitimate criticism"
Those two phrases should never be in a sentence together, unless you are mocking someone who said that.
That's exactly what I was doing. :laugh: It actually is something that some do believe counts as a proper critcism!

Here is how I imagine one of the Kirby colour haters conversations going.

"Hah, look at this pink idiot. What series has a pink main character?"
That's about how it always was, honestly.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero

Because it was

That reminds me I'd love to see Sectonia come back...as a villain not as a final boss but her coming back and fighting Kirby again in a different style (showing she has learned from her **** ups) would be good...not like FIFTY BILLIONS PHASES but like a 2 phase DMK style battle...difficult.
You were wondering where Sectonia ate the four Miracle Fruits. I answered with the last sentence. Also Shadow D3 came in before DMK. I think it would be pretty cool for Sectonia to come back a la Magolor in Dream Collection, you know, like a friendly appearance. After all, it was the Dimension Mirror that caused her vanity, and the Mirror was destroyed. Somewhat akin to D3 and MK in Epic Yarn.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
You were wondering where Sectonia ate the four Miracle Fruits. I answered with the last sentence. Also Shadow D3 came in before DMK. I think it would be pretty cool for Sectonia to come back a la Magolor in Dream Collection, you know, like a friendly appearance. After all, it was the Dimension Mirror that caused her vanity, and the Mirror was destroyed. Somewhat akin to D3 and MK in Epic Yarn.
OOPS..That sentence was a bit screwy

What I meant was I forgot where I found the description.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Because it was

Didn't Kirby like, ****ing disintegrate her soul or something?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You know, one really scary thing about Sectonia, if you bear in mind the canonical heights of the Kirby series' cast, is that she's not only gigantic to them, but also to us - she's a human-sized bee, and that is terrifying enough to a human. :laugh:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
After the battle with Soul, when the petals are raining down, the cutscene focuses on a single petal (I'm basing this on what I have read) and that seems to imply that she could return.

Edit: @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin Holy crud you are right. Maybe Kirby should be cowering in fear. I sure would be.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
No..she just mysteriously...blew up...like some kinda fantastic light show...

and then this one clearly emphasized petal fell down...it was really weird

I just love Sectonia especially how...mysterious she is.

He fired back her own Hyper beam at her in the main story mode.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
After the battle with Soul, when the petals are raining down, the cutscene focuses on a single petal (I'm basing this on what I have read) and that seems to imply that she could return.

Edit: @ Tortilla Noggin Tortilla Noggin Holy crud you are right. Maybe Kirby should be cowering in fear. I sure would be.
Considering the bleeding eyeball, the other bleeding eyeball, the paint demon, the very incarnation of darkness itself, and the...blue demon thing that came before Sectonia, I don't think a giant bee would be too much for Kirby to handle.

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
8 inches. Just imagine a Diglett or a Shaymin. That would be Kirby's size compared to a human (Kirby would be the little green thing, for non pokemon fans).

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't think that Kirby is 8 inches tall in my opinion.
Source: http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/is-kirby-really-8-inches-tall.122972443/
The fact is that it's his creator's statement that he is eight inches tall, though. ;)

Many of the graphical items listed in the linked post all have technical explanations mainly relating to the "ten foot user interface" - i.e., it's about clarity from a distantly-viewed display. You can also validly bring up the technology left behind by the ancients as a possible in-universe explanation, as well.

Shiver Star is unlikely to be Earth, as the series has often made references to contemporary technologies from Earth that match the release-times of the games; One of the oldest ones (if not the first one) was the Computer Virus/Battle Windows boss in Kirby Super Deluxe, which in its original, non-remake incarnation was a direct rip of the look of the Mac OS of the time, and I believe the most recent one was Daroach making a reference to the Nintendo 3DS a few years ago. If Earth's gone, those guys can't possibly know about those things. :laugh: (EDIT: And there's also the fact that Popstar/Gamble Galaxy is located at the other end of the Milky Way from us, if I'm remembering rightly.)

There's also the fact that, at twice Kirby's height, Dedede's height exactly matches that of the Earth penguins that he is closest to, as well (these being the Little Blue Penguins, hailing from Australia and New Zealand - he even has a filter applied to his Smash 3DS/Wii U voice-clips to make him sound more like them). This is a whole other matter in and of itself (I'll keep it short), but the fact is that Dedede is undisputably intended to be this way, making his height a bit of a lynchpin here; His hooked beak, forward-leaning run, and complete lack of facial markings are other traits completely unique to this species that he shares with them, along with his height. The amount of detail Sakurai (who seems to have shown a bit of favouritism toward him at times, and who appears to know a fair bit about Blue Penguins) put into Dedede is quite high, which is why this particular height is important to note. After all, Sakurai officially said that Kirby is eight inches tall, and it follows that he happens to be half the height of the one recurring character who is modelled on an animal species found on Earth. :p

Last edited:
The fact is that it's his creator's statement that he is eight inches tall, though. ;)

Many of the graphical items listed in the linked post all have technical explanations mainly relating to the "ten foot user interface" - i.e., it's about clarity from a distantly-viewed display. You can also validly bring up the technology left behind by the ancients as a possible in-universe explanation, as well.

Shiver Star is unlikely to be Earth, as the series has often made references to contemporary technologies from Earth that match the release-times of the games; One of the oldest ones (if not the first one) was the Computer Virus/Battle Windows boss in Kirby Super Deluxe, which in its original, non-remake incarnation was a direct rip of the look of the Mac OS of the time, and I believe the most recent one was Daroach making a reference to the Nintendo 3DS a few years ago. If Earth's gone, those guys can't possibly know about those things. :laugh: (EDIT: And there's also the fact that Popstar/Gamble Galaxy is located at the other end of the Milky Way from us, if I'm remembering rightly.)

There's also the fact that, at twice Kirby's height, Dedede's height exactly matches that of the Earth penguins that he is closest to, as well (these being the Little Blue Penguins, hailing from Australia and New Zealand - he even has a filter applied to his Smash 3DS/Wii U voice-clips to make him sound more like them). This is a whole other matter in and of itself (I'll keep it short), but the fact is that Dedede is undisputably intended to be this way, making his height a bit of a lynchpin here; His hooked beak, forward-leaning run, and complete lack of facial markings are other traits completely unique to this species that he shares with them, along with his height. The amount of detail Sakurai (who seems to have shown a bit of favouritism toward him at times, and who appears to know a fair bit about Blue Penguins) put into Dedede is quite high, which is why this particular height is important to note. After all, Sakurai officially said that Kirby is eight inches tall, and it follows that he happens to be half the height of the one recurring character who is modelled on an animal species found on Earth. :p
If Kirby is 8 inches, how tall is Sectonia? Like in feet and inches.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
It's pretty obvious that those height and weight things make no sense.
It's just a videogame.

Samus is "extremely tall", but a lot of other human characters in Metroid are taller than her.
I doubt everybody is too big in Metroid.

Kirby is not 8 inches for me, and Dedede is definitely not like 16 inches.
But that's my opinion.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
It's just a videogame.

Samus is "extremely tall", but a lot of other human characters in Metroid are taller than her.
I doubt everybody is too big in Metroid.

Kirby is not 8 inches for me, and Dedede is definitely not like 16 inches.
But that's my opinion.
To be fair, Pokémon are just like real life animals, their size may vary :drshrug:
But I agree with everything else, I can't live in a world where Dedede is 16 inches :ohwell:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
It's just a videogame
But I agree with everything else, I can't live in a world where Dedede is 16 inches :ohwell:
But, in fairness, these things are "Word of God" (to namedrop a trope) about a video game by a man renowned for his attention-to-detail, and who just today was reported to "kill himself for his games". ;)

And on that note, there's something worth me mentioning in a rigidly on-topic fashion! Here's that linked report in full (it's actually one of two in a similar vein, both posted today, that have come about in the wake of the K. Rool Mii costume DLC)...

Coming from Nintendo's Chris Pranger...

- Nintendo's media policy has recently changed regarding employees being more open about talking about their work
- he is the voice of the first level boss in StarFox Zero
- he is also working on the game
- NOA uses employees as voice actors for fun and cheap work
- Nintendo has a game library where employees can check out games for all systems in order to be well-versed in gaming
- Sakurai kills himself for his games and is very sensitive to fan feedback
- localization costs a ton of money and often the vocal minority of fans who want a game localized isn't a large enough consumer base to justify the localization costs
- seems that Nintendo of Europe took on almost all costs of localization for Xenoblade
Note this bit;

- Sakurai kills himself for his games and is very sensitive to fan feedback
This is a rather interesting bullet-point (and probably got mentioned because of the first one). @ Chandeelure Chandeelure - you tweeted him the Bandana Waddle Dee birthday cake picture earlier, right? It's interesting to know that it's probably something that note would be taken of, I think.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

I think Popstar simply operates on different physics than the rest of the universe. When Kirby's put somewhere else he'd be considered bigger, likewise Samus would be smaller.

I think Popstar simply operates on different physics than the rest of the universe. When Kirby's put somewhere else he'd be considered bigger, likewise Samus would be smaller.
Does Popstar causes people to shrink? Because last time I checked Samus is 6'3 (and 5'1 in Other M,but we don't talk about that game). Then again, I don't think Nintendo really cares about staying true to scale. Mario used to be taller than Bowser and Peach,that's not the case anymore.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
But, in fairness, these things are "Word of God" (to namedrop a trope) about a video game by a man renowned for his attention-to-detail, and who just today was reported to "kill himself for his games". ;)

And on that note, there's something worth me mentioning in a rigidly on-topic fashion! Here's that linked report in full (it's actually one of two in a similar vein, both posted today, that have come about in the wake of the K. Rool Mii costume DLC)...

Note this bit;

This is a rather interesting bullet-point (and probably got mentioned because of the first one). @ Chandeelure Chandeelure - you tweeted him the Bandana Waddle Dee birthday cake picture earlier, right? It's interesting to know that it's probably something that note would be taken of, I think.
Can someone explain this in idiot for me please...not sarcastically

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
that wink of you bothers me for some reason
Oh, man. I didn't even think of it that way. :laugh: The wink was actually referring to the "Word of God" and attention-to-detail parts!

Oh jeez. That Canvas Curse commercial brings back memories.

In other news, can you guys believe that Dedede is almost Pikachu's height and Sonic is only 3'3"?
Thanks for this, GRC - I've been after a canon height chart like this for ages. You've absolutely made my day! :grin:

Can someone explain this in idiot for me please...not sarcastically
Basically, it's now officially confirmed that Sakurai pays great heed to fan-feedback about his games. :)

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Oh, man. I didn't even think of it that way. :laugh: The wink was actually referring to the "Word of God" and attention-to-detail parts!

Thanks for this, GRC - I've been after a canon height chart like this for ages. You've absolutely made my day! :grin:

Basically, it's now officially confirmed that Sakurai pays great heed to fan-feedback about his games. :)
Poor guy...Let's manipulate him for Bandana Dee in SM4SH :demon:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I am laughing so hard at this right now. :laugh:

Poor guy...Let's manipulate him for Bandana Dee in SM4SH :demon:
Well, I wouldn't go quite that far. :p

Seriously though, we've now got some useful information that we ought to figure out how to leverage for the campaign in a sensible and polite fashion. Do we have any idea of what sources tend to get fed back to Sakurai and his team? I'd assume that Miiverse's various global presences are a given, at least...

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Ruin the joke, you say? Why absolutely, Chalo!

About 5 feet taller than Bowser just shows how much of an exaggeration Ridley's bigness is.

Still, given the size difference between Kirby characters and Ridley, Ridley would make for an amazing cameo for a titanic brutal bonus boss of some kind. Could you imagine BWD fighting something with teeth as big as his entire spear?

Last edited:
Oh jeez. That Canvas Curse commercial brings back memories.

In other news, can you guys believe that Dedede is almost Pikachu's height and Sonic is only 3'3"?
I think Dedede, Rosalina, and Palutena are too short. I also think Pit,Link,and Zelda/Shiek are too tall.
Ganondorf is 7'6 in this picture. So Link would be around 5'0, and Zelda would be 5'2.

I did find another source about Nintendo characters and their heights.
http://www.vgf.com/forums/threads/vgb-nintendo-characters-height-weight.83443/

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Still, given the size difference between Kirby characters and Ridley, Ridley would make for an amazing cameo for a titanic brutal bonus boss of some kind. Could you imagine BWD fighting something with teeth as big as his entire spear?
And we thought that Dedede was scared of Sectonia!

What are you trying to do, give the king a heart attack? :laugh:

I think Dedede, Rosalina, and Palatina are too short.
By the chart that GRC posted, Dedede's an inch too short, though I can't comment on the others. It's mostly accurate across the board, though. :smash:

EDIT;
OK, this is not the Ridley thread, no more size pictures, please XD
Absolutely, absolutely.

So, what do we do with the info from that article, then? Like I said, what's most likely to be fed back to Sakurai and his team?

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Kirby can't get a Hack and Slash, but when Metroid gets a shooter people freak out? Kirby could get an H&S if HAL wanted to do so. I'd play it, and it has characters that can work. I mean, we're getting a boat in Hyrule Warriors Legends! So Kirby characters can't be in an H&C why? Because in YOUR opinion it wouldn't work? IMO King K Rool wouldn't work in Smash, yet everyone wants him, and it is likely. So it's impossible for Kirby to change it's game style because of YOUR OPINIONS!?

Anyway, question for you guys, who did you want to get in Smash 4 that actually got into Smash 4? For me it was the Miis and that's it.
Palutena, Duck Hunt, (To this day, I still cannot believe the miracle of THIS (or...THAT?....IT?) making it into Smash, and I can say this much for sure, I WILL be forever grateful to Sakurai for doing it.) and ESPECIALLY, I'm DEFINITELY grateful than ever for my most wanted character, who surprisingly ended up being my #1 main no less, Bowser Jr...........along with Larry Koopa, Morton Koopa Jr., Wendy O. Koopa, Iggy Koopa, Roy Koopa, Lemmy Koopa, and Ludwig von Koopa. (I don't even care that all 7 of them ended up being PLAYABLE alt. skins of Bowser Jr., I'm just glad as all heck they all ended up being playable at all.)

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Ruin the joke, you say? Why absolutely, Chalo!

About 5 feet taller than Bowser just shows how much of an exaggeration Ridley's bigness is.

Bowser can change his size at will, or just using Kamek's magic
The same probably goes for his son, Bowser Jr
In regards to Ridley's size, for me he is too big, but I only use that argument as a joke :p
We could probably fill 5 entire pages just talking about Ridley's size
none.jpg

OK, this is not the Ridley thread, no more size pictures, please XD

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Bowser can change his size at will, or just using Kamek's magic
The same probably goes for his son, Bowser Jr
In regards to Ridley's size, for me he is too big, but I only use that argument as a joke :p
We could probably fill 5 entire pages just talking about Ridley's size
View attachment 65897
All Nintendo characters change size at will. Same goes for Ridley...

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
About Sakurai paying attention to fans requests, I think we need to continue with the Miiverse, Smashified and Twitter propaganda.
Specially Miiverse, we need to use the fact that Bandana Dee is really easy to draw and that Kirby's model can be transformed into Bandana Dee.
Or just "spam" Bandana Dee for Smash comments.

Top Bottom