• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
You were like, OMG THAT GUY IN A HAT AND SHIRT LOOKS COOL! LEMME PLAY HIM FIRST! Ness looks like an average kid lol. Also 0/10 No Black bears in your avatar so dat's not racist.
I was like 4, so yeah. An average kid looked cool to me. Also, no shiny Swampert in your avatar. One quarter star out of 5. Dat's racist :awesome:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I was like 4, so yeah. An average kid looked cool to me. Also, no shiny Swampert in your avatar. One quarter star out of 5. Dat's racist :awesome:
Is that show any good?

I always miss it.

Off topic question real quick.

If you could change things about Bandana Dee what changes would you make?

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Honestly I think that's all that needs to change. He's as good as he'll ever get unless they give him a game of his own, but a Meta Knight game is more likely IMO.
To be fair, Meta Knight is more popular. He has been a main character since Super Star. Although he appeared in titles before that, namely Kirby's Adventure and Kirby's Avalanche, he was under developed until Revenge of MK. Meta Knightmare thrust MK into his first playable position. Although in recent games he has seemingly been replaced by Dee, MK is still way more well known and if he got his first full game, he could return to the spotlight. Dedede got his own game (even though it wasn't a traditional platformer). Imagine if Kirby got the Hyrule/Dynasty Warriors treatment. That could be a cool game. MK would fit in well in that kind of game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Honestly I think that's all that needs to change. He's as good as he'll ever get unless they give him a game of his own, but a Meta Knight game is more likely IMO.
Well, we technically had both a Bandana Dee game AND a Meta Knight Game, in the form of Rainbow Curse (Bandana Dee is basically the star since all Kirby can do is roll whilst Bandana Dee can still work with Eline and have free movement + attack, Kirby's just sorta there for Star Dashes) and Super Star Ultra (Meta Knightmare Ultra, to be specific)
Dedede has Dedede Tour as well, so I guess everyone has atleast one game in their name.

Kumatora is the next Smashified, WTF XD
Where is my Smashified Bandana Dee?!
Is this true? Why Kumatora? She barely has any support!

EDIT: I wonder if he is biased towards Earthbound... first that Mother fangame's protagonist, now Kumatora, despite neither having any chance to be in Smash. I'm really disappointed.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If Bandana Dee appears in the next Kirby game, what role do you think he'll be in, Playable, Support, or Cameo? Also, anyone find it odd that Meta Knight seems to have disappeared in the most recent Kirby games, with only a cameo in Rainbow Curse?
Honestly, it seems like Bandanna Dee is replacing Meta Knight as secondary protagonist. He'll probably be playable again, cause why not? Assuming it's not single player, that is.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Imagine if Kirby got the Hyrule/Dynasty Warriors treatment. That could be a cool game. MK would fit in well in that kind of game.
I think if kirby got a hack & Slash, it would sell terribly, though I'd buy it for sure. Especially if it gave us characters like BWD, Paint Roller, Kracko, Rick etc.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I think if kirby got a hack & Slash, it would sell terribly, though I'd buy it for sure. Especially if it gave us characters like BWD, Paint Roller, Kracko, Rick etc.
Kirby can't get a hack and slash spinoff. Its not that type of game with those types of character. What can get a hack and slash, ****ing Fire Emblem. Why is that not a thing yet.

D-Man9293

Smash Ace
Kirby can't get a Hack and Slash, but when Metroid gets a shooter people freak out? Kirby could get an H&S if HAL wanted to do so. I'd play it, and it has characters that can work. I mean, we're getting a boat in Hyrule Warriors Legends! So Kirby characters can't be in an H&C why? Because in YOUR opinion it wouldn't work? IMO King K Rool wouldn't work in Smash, yet everyone wants him, and it is likely. So it's impossible for Kirby to change it's game style because of YOUR OPINIONS!?

Anyway, question for you guys, who did you want to get in Smash 4 that actually got into Smash 4? For me it was the Miis and that's it.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Kirby can't get a Hack and Slash, but when Metroid gets a shooter people freak out? Kirby could get an H&S if HAL wanted to do so. I'd play it, and it has characters that can work. I mean, we're getting a boat in Hyrule Warriors Legends! So Kirby characters can't be in an H&C why? Because in YOUR opinion it wouldn't work? IMO King K Rool wouldn't work in Smash, yet everyone wants him, and it is likely. So it's impossible for Kirby to change it's game style because of YOUR OPINIONS!?

Anyway, question for you guys, who did you want to get in Smash 4 that actually got into Smash 4? For me it was the Miis and that's it.
Rosalina & Luma. But not in the way you think. It actually never crossed my mind that Rosalina could be in Smash until it happened. I didn't know how much I wanted her until she was in, and I was ****ing ecstatic when she got announced. Suffice to say, she's my favorite newcomer by far.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

Rosalina & Luma. But not in the way you think. It actually never crossed my mind that Rosalina could be in Smash until it happened. I didn't know how much I wanted her until she was in, and I was ****ing ecstatic when she got announced. Suffice to say, she's my favorite newcomer by far.

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Sometimes Smash hates me and pits me against hypercompetent AI with frame perfect counters and dodges. But then the game lets me 4 stock a level 9 AI in 1 Minute and 4 seconds.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
God damn, calm down. You want me to edit it and say Kirby wouldn't work well as a hack and slash in my opinion. It just doesn't fit the whole kill millions of creatures with weapons imo. Happy.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen..how can you even slightly compare The Legend of Zelda franchise to the Kirby...Zelda is about exploration and unlike some games it doesn't take 1 hit to kill the enemies thus giving the game a gameplay slightly based on hacking and slashing. Kirby on the other hand is a platformer in which you fight through to beat whatever villain is in your way (given some aren't villains...like those Waddle Dees that are sleeping in the igloo in Kirby Triple Deluxe...yah I never kill them.) how can they do a hack and slash game out of a game that doesn't have any hacking and slashing...seriously. Even if it took a bit of creativity Hal. would never do that at the risk of alienating the long term fans (such as my self)

Metroid..that's your example? Metroid has almost always been about shooting just because it went 3-Dimensional doesn't mean the main focus was changed...besides the shooter style games are good that's why the have always received such good praise (with the acceptance of Other M)

Besides as a series Kirby already gets enough flack for being how it is with its artsyle and happy theme...until you get deeper into the game (which nobody gives the series a chance because of how jolly and happy the games look) the last thing the series needs is a bunch of people complaining that Kirby has hit a brick wall and is now copying other games to get more revenue of the same idea

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Imagine if Kirby got the Hyrule/Dynasty Warriors treatment. That could be a cool game. MK would fit in well in that kind of game.
I don't see why not. Pokemon did Conquest and pulled it off nicely. But Kirby RPG needs to come first.

D

Deleted member

Question for you guys. If there was a character that you got your first smash game for, who was it, and why?
My first Smash game was 64 and I played it because Mario is in it.
I was a little kid and I was scared of the Master Hand, so I stopped.

Years later in 2004 or so, I got Melee to get back into Smash and because Luigi is in it.

If you could change things about Bandana Dee what changes would you make?
I would change the fact that he's not playable in Smash 4
This.

Kumatora is the next Smashified, WTF XD
Where is my Smashified Bandana Dee?!
Seriously?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yes, Meta Knight's role in the series has been significantly smaller in recent years. However, if we get a 4-player Kirby game on Wii U, he'll most likely be a playable character again.
I bet that the treasonous whelp's plotting something... :crazy:

I had sushi for lunch, and this is making me want a bento box like this for dinner. I don't bother with the whole decoben thing, though. :laugh:
So this was a thing earlier today before I trashed it.

I'm not against criticism and I welcome it entirely if it's constructive, but when it's an attempted jab at our efforts without signifying what we can do to improve, that's grounds for removal. It seems "a friend" didn't even read the article in the first place--we don't even have a moveset on there! Seems rather unfortunate that our first commenter would be a troll.
Look on the bright side, GRC - if Bandana Waddle Dee is starting to attract unconstructive detractions (I encountered one the other day in the form of the supremely short and lazy "...", and I don't believe any other Brigadier can beat that record :laugh:), then it means that he must be beginning to be viewed as legitimate threat for a slot that they may feel "belongs" to another character that they prefer.

As a K. Rool supporter, I've seen and heard of it countless times, at this point. ;)

Last edited:

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen..how can you even slightly compare The Legend of Zelda franchise to the Kirby...Zelda is about exploration and unlike some games it doesn't take 1 hit to kill the enemies thus giving the game a gameplay slightly based on hacking and slashing. Kirby on the other hand is a platformer in which you fight through to beat whatever villain is in your way (given some aren't villains...like those Waddle Dees that are sleeping in the igloo in Kirby Triple Deluxe...yah I never kill them.) how can they do a hack and slash game out of a game that doesn't have any hacking and slashing...seriously. Even if it took a bit of creativity Hal. would never do that at the risk of alienating the long term fans (such as my self)

Metroid..that's your example? Metroid has almost always been about shooting just because it went 3-Dimensional doesn't mean the main focus was changed...besides the shooter style games are good that's why the have always received such good praise (with the acceptance of Other M)

Besides as a series Kirby already gets enough flack for being how it is with its artsyle and happy theme...until you get deeper into the game (which nobody gives the series a chance because of how jolly and happy the games look) the last thing the series needs is a bunch of people complaining that Kirby has hit a brick wall and is now copying other games to get more revenue of the same idea
The only complaints I have heard about Kirby is that it's too easy. Those people have never tried to 100% a Kirby game. I don't even WANT to think about touching the True Arena. The DX bosses may have been relatively easy in Dededetour, but that is because you couldn't lose the most spammy invicibility frame giving ability, PLUS the bosses were spaced out (the only time I remember dying in boss battles in D3tour was against the final boss (no spoilers), only because you only get ONE half-health bar healing item against 3 bosses with no breaks). I dread the True Arena.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
The only complaints I have heard about Kirby is that it's too easy.
The longer you're a Kirby fan, the more unfounded nonsense you'll hear and laugh at over time, I assure you. ;)

I've seen everything from the main character's skin colour being regarded as a legitimate criticism, all the way up to widespread falsified impressions of the series being much smaller and less successful than it really is, at this point. There is a hell of a lot in between those two extremes.

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
For some reason I didn't submit to the ballot until now, what do you think of what I wrote.

Attachments

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
My first Smash game was 64 and I played it because Mario is in it.
I was a little kid and I was scared of the Master Hand, so I stopped.

Years later in 2004 or so, I got Melee to get back into Smash and because Luigi is in it.

This.

Seriously?
When I said what to change about Bandana Dee I meant...like design wise
personally I like this design
sss.png

As you can see it's modeled after a Golden Waddle Dee (it's a bit off but you get the point) which would have helped against the generic argument. I darkened the Bandana because it looked ugly on the yellow. As you noticed you see a weirdly placed Dedede symbol..I imagine this as a glass emblem placed on his spear to show he is a part of the Dedede army. In older time the red cloth on the spear used to represent high ranking (it also used to suck up blood that ran down the spear) so I kept it to the red shade. I had way too much fun doing this.

The only complaints I have heard about Kirby is that it's too easy. Those people have never tried to 100% a Kirby game. I don't even WANT to think about touching the True Arena. The DX bosses may have been relatively easy in Dededetour, but that is because you couldn't lose the most spammy invicibility frame giving ability, PLUS the bosses were spaced out (the only time I remember dying in boss battles in D3tour was against the final boss (no spoilers), only because you only get ONE half-health bar healing item against 3 bosses with no breaks). I dread the True Arena.
Exactly. Others call the series too easy because they use O.P. abilities (Stone, Leaf, Hammer...etc etc)..Like Pyribbit that guy was sorta difficult, DMK was loads of difficult, Sectonia had *9/8 phases with minimal healing...that was tough

*First: Starting
Second: Half health background campy
Third: Back on main battleground Rings o Plenty
Fourth: Wall of vines
Fifth: Enternal Dreamland and her majestic seed thingies
Sixth: Hypernova
Seventh: DX form
Eighth: Majestic seedlings
Ninth: Soul

Each one gets a different description and it may be spread out but they all count

I forgot where the description was..but it was official..Queen Sectonia survived the battle with Hypernova Kirby (DAMN) and hung on for her life until he seedlings could find Miracle fruit...she ate 4 of them so she could be at enough strength to fight Kirby..I can't remember where this is stated but I remember it was somewhere official...She was clever.

Last edited:
When I said what to change about Bandana Dee I meant...like design wise
personally I like this design
View attachment 65830
As you can see it's modeled after a Golden Waddle Dee (it's a bit off but you get the point) which would have helped against the generic argument. I darkened the Bandana because it looked ugly on the yellow. As you noticed you see a weirdly placed Dedede symbol..I imagine this as a glass emblem placed on his spear to show he is a part of the Dedede army. In older time the red cloth on the spear used to represent high ranking (it also used to suck up blood that ran down the spear) so I kept it to the red shade. I had way too much fun doing this.
I like your Goldee redesign, but I've gotten used to Redee/Orandee....

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
The longer you're a Kirby fan, the more unfounded nonsense you'll hear and laugh at over time, I assure you. ;)

I've seen everything from the main character's skin colour being regarded as a legitimate criticism, all the way up to widespread falsified impressions of the series being much smaller and less successful than it really is, at this point. There is a hell of a lot in between those two extremes.
"Main character's skin colour" "Legitimate criticism"
Those two phrases should never be in a sentence together, unless you are mocking someone who said that.
Here is how I imagine one of the Kirby colour haters conversations going.

"Hah, look at this pink idiot. What series has a pink main character?"
*Kirby fan walks in, shows them Galacta Knight
"... Look at THIS pink idiot"

Note: Kirby is awesome. Anyone who has the above conversation as their thought process should leave now.

Edit: @ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure The four Miracle fruits was the True Arena when Sectonia appears after DMK.

Last edited:
Top Bottom