• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So random question, but I'm curious.

What do you guys think Dark Crafter is?
He turns black when you damage him, giving him a visual similarity to dark matter as well as one in name.
Not only that he wants to drain the "color" from dreamland, which is similar to dark matter's likely desire to end it's happiness.
I personally think he is a Dark matter reject, like Gooey, since the guy's so zany and he even giggles in a battle, something most Dark Matter would probably never do. He's also a complete goofball (This is what makes him a lovable character imo, but that's just me). So what do you guys think? Dark Matter, some rejected Dark Matter, completely unrelated villain, or something else ?

here's a nice remix to listen to while thinking about it.:chuckle:

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

He turns black when you damage him, giving him a visual similarity to dark matter as well as one in name.
Not only that he wants to drain the "color" from dreamland, which is similar to dark matter's likely desire to end it's happiness.
I personally think he is a Dark matter reject, like Gooey, since the guy's so zany and he even giggles in a battle, something most Dark Matter would probably never do. He's also a complete goofball (This is what makes him a lovable character imo, but that's just me). So what do you guys think? Dark Matter, some rejected Dark Matter, completely unrelated villain, or something else ?
He could be Dark Matter related (inb4 Chalo) but I'm laughing too hard at his design right now he's just like
"Don't worry guys I have a plan, I can fix it" his pose is just.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord

At this point the Kirby dev team should just make a game called Skyward Puffball explaining the origins of darkmatter.. lolz XD

Also... *Zero specifically puts the boss in spoilers try to avoid well, spoilers*

*Ghostlylure just pastes the picture of him in like he ain't nothing* XD

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Dark Mind was the Dark Matter/Zero of the Mirror Realm.

Dark Drafter is Dark Matter/Zero of the Canverse. And if that isn't the name Nintendo gives the world for the "Kirby & the ___ Curse" games I'm going to be very upset.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Wait... I had the craziest thought. Sakurai made an Ice Cream Island remix, along with putting The World to Win in Dreamland64. What if announces Bandana Dee, and those songs play during his trailer?!

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Hip hip hooray we've reached 450 pages!
450.png
He could be Dark Matter related (inb4 Chalo) but I'm laughing too hard at his design right now he's just like
"Don't worry guys I have a plan, I can fix it" his pose is just.
His goofy posture and appearance is exactly why I love his character.

Dark Mind was the Dark Matter/Zero of the Mirror Realm.

Dark Drafter is Dark Matter/Zero of the Canverse. And if that isn't the name Nintendo gives the world for the "Kirby & the ___ Curse" games I'm going to be very upset.
Ohh! That's a possibility I never even thought about! You might be onto something.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It is...but it's a good one...
This bothers me slightly. I love the song but it's not named correctly. (Kinda like the Quick Man and Heat Man medley)
Wait... I had the craziest thought. Sakurai made an Ice Cream Island remix, along with putting The World to Win in Dreamland64. What if announces Bandana Dee, and those songs play during his trailer?!
Hype!
and if they don't play in his trailer.
Hype!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
At this point I kinda hope Sakurai purposely announces a different fighter/fighters other than Roy/Ryu, just so the shock factor will still be a thing.. :/ (at least for now anyway)

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I have to say that I DO think that Dark Crafter is related to Dark Matter, maybe just another manifestation of him
But it would make more sense if he was the Dark Matter of the Canverse, just like @ Burruni Burruni said
Darkness is everywhere, it wouldn't surprise me if Elline and Claycia had their own Dark entity to fight against
After all, the Canverse is an actual place

You can see Bandana Dee looking at the entrance of the Canverse (let's call it like that) in the intro cinematic of Rainbow Curse
Maybe Claycia has the ability to enter other universes and that's why Dark Crafter possesed her :drshrug:

Last edited:

Zigzag991

Smash Rookie
I feel like he may have gotten inspiration from Dark Matter, but for the most part I don't think they're really intended to be "related" in any way, but maybe the whole Canverse thing may be true.

(As a side not, since white is the presence of all colors, wouldn't that technically mean he's adding color to the world? :p)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I feel like he may have gotten inspiration from Dark Matter, but for the most part I don't think they're really intended to be "related" in any way, but maybe the whole Canverse thing may be true.

(As a side not, since white is the presence of all colors, wouldn't that technically mean he's adding color to the world? :p)
Lol, imagine if
Dark crafter
is just misunderstood, I mean the guy looks clumsy, and maybe he was like "Durr Hurr, let's add all the colors!" and didn't think it through.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Guys? I've got PLENTY of Bandana Dee supporters on the Ice Cream Island video. I've also got lots on Google Plus. I hope Sakurai doesn't play the troll game with the Kirby fan base again. Just like he did with changing Dedede's side B and Final Smash to make us think the Dee was confirmed. Sakurai can't hide from us forever.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Guys? I've got PLENTY of Bandana Dee supporters on the Ice Cream Island video. I've also got lots on Google Plus. I hope Sakurai doesn't play the troll game with the Kirby fan base again. Just like he did with changing Dedede's side B and Final Smash to make us think the Dee was confirmed. Sakurai can't hide from us forever.
Remember that Meta Knight Mii hat that was revealed in the pic of the day? I was so mad.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Remember that Meta Knight Mii hat that was revealed in the pic of the day? I was so mad.
General rule is, a character isn't deconfirmed unless Sakurai comes right out and says they aren't going to be a fighter himself. Unless you're a Ridley fan. In that case he's a troll and screws with you and hypes it up.. lol.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I swear these new leaked Kirby songs brought the fan base closer. Literally all Kirby fanatics are flipping their chiz, saying: "OMG THIS REMIX IS AWESOME! But... Where's Bandana Dee? :(" That was an actual comment left on YouTube just minutes ago. There are at least 20 other ones as well. Bandana Dee may not be announced tomorrow, but I have a feeling something big is going to happen... And he's going to be the center of attention when it does.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I'm waiting
For SOMETHING TO HAPPEN :drflip:
also no ado for some reason :'(

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I don't know about ya'll but I'M HYPE...even if there is nothing new tomorrow

I think it's Ice Cream Island doing this to me.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Someone said that Planet Popstar from Kirby 64 is in the game as a track for Dreamland 64 due to the Popstar file naming. I really hope this isn't some practical joke since the major sound uploaders on YouTube like Crunchii hadn't uploaded it yet.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Someone said that Planet Popstar from Kirby 64 is in the game as a track for Dreamland 64 due to the Popstar file naming. I really hope this isn't some practical joke since the major sound uploaders on YouTube like Crunchii hadn't uploaded it yet.
It apparantly is in, there was a file with Popstar. I said it's likely that theme

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
This is completely random and irrelevant, but ever since Phineas and Ferb ended, I can't stop thinking about Ridley talking with Dr. Doofenshmirtz's voice

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Phineas and Ferb was one my favourite shows as of late. Sad that it ended. Though, Ridley with Dr. Doofenshmirtz's is... odd.

:231:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I talked to Crunchii about that, yesterday XD
The music will be uploaded soon.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey guys! Just checking in before the broadcast starts. Here's hoping for good things that we don't already know about!

Top Bottom