• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
@InASnowBoundLand just posted this in the King K. Rool support thread, and I think it bears quoting here.

Don't have access to my WII U/3DS right now, but those that do consider making a post in support of #KrocTheVote/K.Rool in Diddy and DK's miiverse image communities. Maybe some other characters that thematically match up like Bowser, King DeDeDe, might work too. Free advertising!!! Link back to your post here so we can give it a yeah, too!
I'll be adopting this myself, and I think everyone who uses Miiverse should. ;)

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
@InASnowBoundLand just posted this in the King K. Rool support thread, and I think it bears quoting here.

I'll be adopting this myself, and I think everyone who uses Miiverse should. ;)
The second I saw you could do that I was gonna do that for Kirby DDD and Meta knight.

Also ROY is actually really good and different this DLC did not disappoint

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
finally got of crashing hell and played all 3 for about 3 hours I never had this much fun with smash bros until now
I've gotten everything (except for the Mii costumes, which I didn't buy) downloaded to the 3DS version so far, with the Wii U version to follow.

I really like Ryu's stage (it's huge, and ludicrously fun to play on in either form), and it's great to have Dream Land 64 back (as a Dedede mainer, I felt right at home), even though this now means that the 3DS version has two almost-identically-named stages now. :laugh:

I'm really looking forward to two of my other favourites from Smash 64 returning, too, but I'm hoping we'll hear about some Melee stages and brand new ones before then, as well.

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
Anyone brought any DLC?
The characters are so fun (though Ryu is way too complicated XD) and I'm considering making Roy another main.
I will never play Battlefield again with Dreamland back with its fantastic music!

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Thanks guys!

Also, is the DLC already out? If so how much does it cost? (I was watching the release video from the Nintendo Europe channel so I have no idea how much it costs)
Yes.

:4feroy::4lucas: $3.99 for one version, $4.99 for both

:4ryu: is $4.99/$5.99 but comes with his stage.

Dreamland is $1.99/$.299

I didn't check the Mii Fighters.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ryu is 7 USD for both consoles (he's got a stage to add price), 6$ for one.
Lucas, Mewtwo and Roy are each 5$ for both, 4$ for one.
Mii fighter costumes bundle 2 is $9 for both, 6 for one.
I don't think there's a bundle for the first mii fighter packs, but there are 9 and they each cost 75 cents each for one version, 1.15 for both.
Edit:I've been :4greninja:'d

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know if you noticed, but Sakurai said that Lucas and Roy are DLC because their extremely high popularity.
In America, Wolf was the most popular veteran and like 90% of people think that Roy is extremely unnecessary and that FE has too much characters, unlike in Japan, there Lucas was the most popular and Roy was also one of the most requested characters, like second actually if I remember PushDustIn's polls.

So, that means Sakurai thinks Japan's opinion is more important (and that was pretty obvious before this, but whatever), that means that IMO, Bandana Dee is one of the most likely newcomers (with K.Rool) because unlike A LOT of the potential newcomers (All the indies and third parties for example), he is popular in both America and Japan.

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Thanks guys I'll get ready to buy them soon. :)

I don't know if you noticed, but Sakurai said that Lucas and Roy are DLC because their extremely high popularity.
In America, Wolf was the most popular veteran and like 90% of people think that Roy is extremely unnecessary and that FE has too much characters, unlike in Japan, there Lucas was the most popular and Roy was also one of the most requested characters, like second actually if I remember PushDustIn's polls.

So, that means Sakurai thinks Japan's opinion is more important (and that was pretty obvious before this, but whatever), that means that IMO, Bandana Dee is one of the most likely newcomers (with K.Rool) because unlike A LOT of the potential newcomers (All the indies and third parties for example), he is popular in both America and Japan.
Well, Japan better vote for the Dee and if not I'm moving to Japan! *crosses fingers so hard, so much so that the Pop star breaks in two*

Also, there's here's too much hype, my brain has been like this since I've read hope for Bandana Dee:

Such Dee hype.png

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Thanks guys I'll get ready to buy them soon. :)

Well, Japan better vote for the Dee and if not I'm moving to Japan! *crosses fingers so hard, so much so that the Pop star breaks in two*

Also, there's here's too much hype, my brain has been like this since I've read hope for Bandana Dee:

View attachment 56735
We have definitely got more of a chance as of late.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
What have you guys been doing on 'Dee Bandana Dee hype train? I see some new Brigadiers. I must understand my fellow 'Dee lovers.
Things have gotten really organised recently. There's a blog with plenty of well-researched content, a Twitter account, and so on, now.

And, with the addition of the Miiverse stage to Smash Wii U, today, some of us have been creating images to promote voting for Bandana Waddle Dee in the "cheer" sections for each Kirby character, on Miiverse itself. Those will get pulled into the Miiverse stage when people play on it with those characters.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Things have gotten really organised recently. There's a blog with plenty of well-researched content, a Twitter account, and so on, now.

And, with the addition of the Miiverse stage to Smash Wii U, today, some of us have been creating images to promote voting for Bandana Waddle Dee in the "cheer" sections for each Kirby character, on Miiverse itself. Those will get pulled into the Miiverse stage when people play on it with those characters.
Great, as soon a chance I'll start posting as well. Hopefully the stage isn't filled with Goku and Shrek requests left and right.

Not gonna lie guys this video might be uploaded late because I'm doing the lines right now.
Take your time! The more time you put into it the nicer it will be. Just remember, no matter how bad you on anything I will like and favorite it because you are just an awesome brigadier! :grin: (so fill it with memes as well if you wish to do so while proving your point)

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Great, as soon a chance I'll start posting as well. Hopefully the stage isn't filled with Goku and Shrek requests left and right.

Take your time! The more time you put into it the nicer it will be. Just remember, no matter how bad you on anything I will like and favorite it because you are just an awesome brigadier! :grin: (so fill it with memes as well if you wish to do so while proving your point)
Thank you so far it's turning out great ^.^

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
HOLD IT! He said he hoped you enjoy them especially because they were so popular. This means that... (points dramatically at Chandellure) This is a comment! Not the reason for their inclusion!
(Why do I keep using Pheonix Wright references? I've never even played the game.)

Last edited:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
Lucas's speed causes me to miss a lot. lol

So on a scale of :4darkpit:to:4ryu: how unique do you think Bandana Dee will be? I'd say it's a solid :4villager:. (This question is probably very confusing to anyone but me...Oh well.)
I'd say a :4kirby:, it's a moveset we've never seen before but you get exactly what you would expect from it.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

So on a scale of :4lucina:to:4ryu: how unique do you think Bandana Dee will be? I'd say it's a solid :4villager:. (This question is probably very confusing to anyone but me...Oh well.)
Fixed. But I'd say about a :4greninja: or a :4villager:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

So on a scale of :4darkpit:to:4ryu: how unique do you think Bandana Dee will be? I'd say it's a solid :4villager:. (This question is probably very confusing to anyone but me...Oh well.)
I'm hoping for :4jigglypuff: or :4gaw:level unique (top level in my opinion), and I really can't see how he'd end up not being unique. And yes, I'm kinda confused, but I think you mean't Ryu as most unique possible right? I can definitely see that from a technical standpoint, but not really a "flow" or playstyle standpoint. But enough of my pointless banter, I'd believe he'd be unique because of a few things, namely all Kirby characters thus far vary wildly from the rest of the roster, and the fact Bandana Dee has multi jumps in his game, plus his spear, , along with the fact that he'd most likely be support based more than being the main fighter himself, should be more than enough to become unique.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Nobody uses Spears, Bandana Dee uses a spear, uniqueness is the fact that his weapon is untouched. Look at his moveset in Return to Dreamland to get a better idea about his moveset.

His weapon and Moveset from RTD is completely original. Bandana Dee is as original as you can get.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

Ryu the bane of my Roy...Yup, I secondary main Roy...the person I was hating on yesterday I couldn't have been any wronger.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I'm hoping for :4jigglypuff: or :4gaw:level unique (top level in my opinion), and I really can't see how he'd end up not being unique. And yes, I'm kinda confused, but I think you mean't Ryu as most unique possible right? I can definitely see that from a technical standpoint, but not really a "flow" or playstyle standpoint.
Ryu is most unique. (Though you could argue it's anyone that isn't a clone of semi-clone. lol.)
along with the fact that he'd most likely be support based more than being the main fighter himself, should be more than enough to become unique.
How would a support based character do on his own though? (How would a character be able to complement :4megaman: and :4ganondorf:at the same time?)
Nobody uses Spears, Bandana Dee uses a spear, uniqueness is the fact that his weapon is untouched. Look at his moveset in Return to Dreamland to get a better idea about his moveset.

His weapon and Moveset from RTD is completely original. Bandana Dee is as original as you can get.
I know what he does in Kirby's Return to Dreamland, I'm just asking your opinion. :3
(stares at both my post and the quote.) What'd he fix? I can't find it! WAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Top Bottom