• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Burruni

Smash Hero
Roy's got SOME changes to him in moveset (moreso than it was in Melee) along with the hiltbox gimmick.

So, congrats.

You're a semi-clone now.

Say hi to :4ganondorf::4falco::4tlink: and so long :4drmario:

Edit: He also LOOKS a bit faster than Marth. The jury's out.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Don't Forget about :4lucas:
No.

Lucas & Wolf are "Quasi-clone" because while sharing custom-special tier different... specials, and a similar smash attack, most of their neutral moves are significantly different.

I can go in depth about this at a later time, but basically there's levels of clone-ness. :drmario::pichumelee::4lucina::4darkpit: at the worst level and :4luigi: proudly standing at the top alone.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
No.

Lucas & Wolf are "Quasi-clone" because while sharing custom-special tier different... specials, and a similar smash attack, most of their neutral moves are significantly different.

I can go in depth about this at a later time, but basically there's levels of clone-ness. :drmario::pichumelee::4lucina::4darkpit: at the worst level and :4luigi: proudly standing at the top alone.
Ok, I respect that. But would Roy be like Wolf and Lucas in Ssb4?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
please let it be bandana Dee or let 2 of the new characters be some one not data mined
Speaking of that, I find it very interesting how this stuff is in the game in the patchs to begin with... very odd. It's like they arent even TRYING to keep this stuff secret XD (Like I said, it could be marketing, but who knows..)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hmm... interesting. Have we seen Dedede on the stage yet? We dunno if the element dissappears while Dedede is fighting on it do we? (Can't forget the alfonzo trick they used with toon link after all..)
I heard that if King DDD is in the match, he disappears from the background.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I just need to say some stuff
I'm happy that Roy and Ryu are in Smash
More Characters => More content => More Stuff => Yay!!
I also got my first amiibos!!! :dr-_-:
:4wario: and :4kirby:
I remember seeing some Jigglypuff, Greninja and Villager but whatever :drshrug:
Also, I do think that BD has a chance because If Ryu comes with a Street Fighter stage, It would make sense to get Bandana Dee along with the Dreamland 64 stage
But Ryu is a third party character so a new stage with him isn't surprising :happysheep:
Poor Sakurai, he was probably going to announce this tomorrow :drifloon:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I'm kinda hoping that Shadow Dedede or Zero (like when he spawns the dark matter cloud above Dreamland) replaces him in the background, although something like that probably won't happen.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'm kinda hoping that Shadow Dedede or Zero (like when he spawns the dark matter cloud above Dreamland) replaces him in the background, although something like that probably won't happen.
Don't give up hope, not after we've gotten this far...
cheer up!

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Don't give up hope, not after we've gotten this far...
cheer up!
You don't know what it's like. To not get hyped ONCE for the game, to ask for a unique character, and get a clone instead. Ryu and Roy might be pre-ballot. Who knows? I just don't know how muchlonger we have to wait.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't know what are some of you talking about.
Ryu and Roy are obviously pre-ballot characters and Roy is a semiclone, not a clone.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
You don't know what it's like. To not get hyped ONCE for the game, to ask for a unique character, and get a clone instead. Ryu and Roy might be pre-ballot. Who knows? I just don't know how muchlonger we have to wait.
*Checks the calender* I'd say about three months! :p

We just have to wait a bit longer. For now we just must occupy our time.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Yes I do, We all want the same character lol...Why do you think I'm bustin my chops (get the reference) making a script for Bandanna Dee videos because I'm just so happy we even have the chance to get our own character, besides think of it this way that's 2 less community of about 200 people we have to fight against, NO more Roy/Ryu fan support for the ballot because they are in, this is actually really great for us.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I don't know what are some of you talking about.
Ryu and Roy are obviously pre-ballot characters and Roy is a semiclone, not a clone.
To add to that, Roy's a vet, I may dislike him but it makes sense that he's here and I'd argue he's justified because of his vet status, even with how much he displaces the representation, we can only hope Sakurai fixes the rep situation by adding more to other series (AKA not Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus). Although unfortunately, I really can see Sakurai just disregarding the ballot entirely and doing his own stuff instead, which means even more Fire Emblem before DK and us get what we want :urg:.

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
I' m almost done with a moveset for BDee, will probably be my last post for today or my first post tommorow. I've also started a Spear only run of Triple Deluxe. You guys know exactly why Spear ability (WHY ISNT BANDANA DEE PLAYABLE IN KTD)

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
I really can see Sakurai just disregarding the ballot entirely and doing his own stuff instead, which means even more Fire Emblem before DK and us get what we want :urg:.
I don't think he would do that, after all they said he had agreed with the idea of the ballot. What I CAN see him doing however, is disregarding some characters in favour of others, meaning that the one that wins the ballot is still not guaranted

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I don't think he would do that, after all they said he had agreed with the idea of the ballot. What I CAN see him doing however, is disregarding some characters in favour of others, meaning that the one that wins the ballot is still not guaranted
Besides I'm sure if he did that Nintendo would have his hide... XD When potential profit is on the line I am sure he will not disappoint lol

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Alright Brigadiers I wrote the script here it is, Note this is written down in editing friendly terms so I know what to do where I will be speaking in this video so no typing mistakes if you see any without further ado HERE IT IS!:

"Wwwwwhat's going down in Lavendar Town it's GhostlyLure here with a brand new video!

*Bandanna Dee cinematic*

That's right Waddlers now you can enjoy fun filled weeks full of articles and conversations about our little Bandanna donning hero as well as Kirby and Smash talk in our brand new Waddle Weeks! this is where we talk about all things Kirby but I'll explain more about that later without any further ado *A Second Long Pause* Lets get into this!

*Background Change (Strut the background for a bit like 1 1/2 seconds)

On Musical Mondays we gather and listen to some of the astounding music that Kirby games have brought us over the years as well as give a little but of information about the musical track For example last monday we had the great theme from the game that gave Bandanna Dee his biggest role yet if you don't know what I'm talking about yet its the "Title Theme" from Kirby's Return to Dreamland *15 second sound clip here* so don't forget to tune in on Monday for Music Monday otherwise you might miss some of the best Kirby music!

On the second day of the week aka Le Tuesday Trivia we take a look into interesting Kirby facts such as character history needless to say you'll most likely learn so much about your favorite Kirby characters this week we covered many of Bandanna Dee's appearences from Kirby Super Star in 1996 to Kirby Rainbow Curse in 2015 he's made a total of 7 appearances that's a lot compared to a lot of other Kirby characters but I'll get into that later

Well, I'm almost half way through and I haven't even stated were we post all this...well in the description below you can check our Bandanna Dee support Twitter, Facebook, and Wordpress this is were we post all the events on feel free to check it out links are in the description!

Half way there Waddlers! On Waddle Wednesday we have your weekly filling of cute pictures most likely including Bandanna Dee of course, this is were you can enjoy the cute creations made by fellow Waddlers and Brigaders! Be careful if your allergic to adorable because you might catch a cold...or something worse.

*Like Button Pop up here*

Hear some elaborate and intreging talk about Bandanna Dee on Thought Thursdays were we talk all about good counter arguments against deetractors...see what I did there...I added another e to detract- oh you get it, we also discuss how Bandanna Dee could be benificial to the Smash community as a whole don't forget to mark your calendar, phone...whatever you use for Thursdays because I'm sure it's a convesation you don't want to miss!

Congrats Waddler you made it to the last announcement huh...this happens to be the last announcement of every week also! this is B.W.D. Fridays...I know the alliteration is gone. this is were we make miscelaneous annoucnements about any important events going on! This won't be a majorly active day most of the time but make sure you're on top incase anything HUGE HAPPENS!

And with that my friend you've made it through my Waddle Week video go on tell a friend share this via google+ twitter facebooks and whatever else also don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment because I love reading comments.. and as always Waddlers....Stay Frosty!"

Input Previous Thumbnails and extra bs here

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
To add to that, Roy's a vet, I may dislike him but it makes sense that he's here and I'd argue he's justified because of his vet status, even with how much he displaces the representation
I agree with you, although I should note that I don't dislike him, as I don't believe that anyone's main should ever get cut. Also, I think there's a very important point that should be added, here...

I mentioned in a recent post about the current roster situation of recent Mario Kart titles;

There is a double-edged sword, here, unfortunately.

I can imagine how a Smash roster might be with someone else at the helm, and it looks frighteningly like Mario Kart 7's and Mario Kart 8's - unnecessary cuts of well-known characters (Diddy Kong, Funky Kong), coupled with them being replaced with common enemies and oddball choices (Wiggler, Honey Queen), baby versions of existing characters (every plumber and princess has one, now), and/or new skins (some of which would have made for better power-ups) for existing characters (Metal Mario, Tanooki Mario, Pink Gold Peach, Cat Peach, Dry Bowser) who get to take up a roster slot whilst other skins (Yoshi and Shy Guy variants) do not.
When Mr. Sakurai does eventually retire from working on the Smash series, this could very well happen to the Smash roster (and I'm not looking forward to it).

I'm raising this now because I think we ought to bear in mind that one day, we might appreciate the sort of support that has gotten Roy's fans their main back, and one day, folks here might not like their much-requested cut veteran being dismissed as "a Goomba-clone wearing a hat". ;)

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Alright Brigadiers I wrote the script here it is, Note this is written down in editing friendly terms so I know what to do where I will be speaking in this video so no typing mistakes if you see any without further ado HERE IT IS!:

"Wwwwwhat's going down in Lavendar Town it's GhostlyLure here with a brand new video!

*Bandanna Dee cinematic*

That's right Waddlers now you can enjoy fun filled weeks full of articles and conversations about our little Bandanna donning hero as well as Kirby and Smash talk in our brand new Waddle Weeks! this is where we talk about all things Kirby but I'll explain more about that later without any further ado *A Second Long Pause* Lets get into this!

On Musical Mondays we gather and listen to some of the astounding music that Kirby games have brought us over the years as well as give a little but of information about the musical track For example last monday we had the great theme from the game that gave Bandanna Dee his biggest role yet if you don't know what I'm talking about yet its the "Title Theme" from Kirby's Return to Dreamland *15 second sound clip here* so don't forget to tune in on Monday for Music Monday otherwise you might miss some of the best Kirby music!

On the second day of the week aka Le Tuesday Trivia we take a look into interesting Kirby facts such as character history needless to say you'll most likely learn so much about your favorite Kirby characters this week we covered many of Bandanna Dee's appearences from Kirby Super Star in 1996 to Kirby Rainbow Curse in 2015 he's made a total of 7 appearances that's a lot compared to a lot of other Kirby characters but I'll get into that later

Well, I'm almost half way through and I haven't even stated were we post all this...well in the description below you can check our Bandanna Dee support Twitter, Facebook, and Wordpress this is were we post all the events on feel free to check it out links are in the description!

Half way there Waddlers! On Waddle Wednesday we have your weekly filling of cute pictures most likely including Bandanna Dee of course, this is were you can enjoy the cute creations made by fellow Waddlers and Brigaders! Be careful if your allergic to adorable because you might catch a cold...or something worse.

*Like Button Pop up here*

Hear some elaborate and intreging talk about Bandanna Dee on Thought Thursdays were we talk all about good counter arguments against deetractors...see what I did there...I added another e to detract- oh you get it, we also discuss how Bandanna Dee could be benificial to the Smash community as a whole don't forget to mark your calendar, phone...whatever you use for Thursdays because I'm sure it's a convesation you don't want to miss!

Congrats Waddler you made it to the last announcement huh...this happens to be the last announcement of every week also! this is B.W.D. Fridays...I know the alliteration is gone. this is were we make miscelaneous annoucnements about any important events going on! This won't be a majorly active day most of the time but make sure you're on top incase anything HUGE HAPPENS!

And with that my friend you've made it through my Waddle Week video go on tell a friend share this via google+ twitter facebooks and whatever else also don't forget to subscribe and leave a comment because I love reading comments.. and as always Waddlers....Stay Frosty!"

Input Previous Thumbnails and extra bs here
This is looking good. When will it be out? Cuz then we can start bombarding everyone with it.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I agree with you, although I should note that I don't dislike him, as I don't believe that anyone's main should ever get cut. Also, I think there's a very important point that should be added, here...

I mentioned in a recent post about the current roster situation of recent Mario Kart titles;

When Mr. Sakurai does eventually retire from working on the Smash series, this could very well happen to the Smash roster (and I'm not looking forward to it).

I'm raising this now because I think we ought to bear in mind that one day, we might appreciate the sort of support that has gotten Roy's fans their main back, and one day, folks here might not like their much-requested cut veteran being dismissed as "a Goomba-clone wearing a hat". ;)
I don't see how Bandanna Dee would be a clone but oooookkkkkk :D

@ Spinda654 Spinda654 It will be out tomorrow.

on this YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFnDz4KpAmXbwmYdRjzYbFw

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
*Checks the calender* I'd say about three months! :p

We just have to wait a bit longer. For now we just must occupy our time.
Knowing Sakurai, he may expand the time. The ballot closes in October, but he may still be announcing characters next year during summer. You never know. I'll never know how Sakurai works. :/

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Well, he's not a Goomba, he's a Waddle Dee. It's a common thing that's said against the character, that's all, though it's quite beside my intended point. ;)
I assumed so it'd just be ignorant of anyone to say that XD (not meaning you're ignorant)

I have a really weird problem right now...
I'm really hyped for Ryu and Roy because it's less competition XD

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
I assumed so it'd just be ignorant of anyone to say that XD (not meaning you're ignorant)

I have a really weird problem right now...
I'm really hyped for Ryu and Roy because it's less competition XD
I remember earlier when you said you where super salty about Roy and Ryu, but you finally saw the brigth side of less competitoin

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Knowing Sakurai, he may expand the time. The ballot closes in October, but he may still be announcing characters next year during summer. You never know. I'll never know how Sakurai works. :/
Yeah. Trying to predict what that man is going to do is like trying to win the lotto: An often fruitless effort that always ends with numbers higher than what you picked. XD

Last edited:
Top Bottom