• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Nobody uses Spears, Bandana Dee uses a spear, uniqueness is the fact that his weapon is untouched. Look at his moveset in Return to Dreamland to get a better idea about his moveset.

His weapon and Moveset from RTD is completely original. Bandana Dee is as original as you can get.
That is my opinion. He is so original that you cannot relate him to someone else.
*Cringe*

You do realize he's talking about gameplay, right? Ryu was considered the top end of his scale of uniqueness due to how he's the only character with the type of gameplay of soft-medium-strong attacks for the entirety of his moveset. Aesthetically, Ryu should be bottom tier for being only the most recent in a line-up of characters that punch and kick. Meaning having a spear on its own means nothing in terms of being unique for Bandana Dee considering that too is an aesthetic uniqueness, not a gameplay uniqueness.

I'm just really tired of hearing people say Bandana Waddle Dee is undeniably unique because he has a spear. It does nothing to describe his gameplay and that gives him so much less credit than he deserves. It's really a habit we need to get out of doing or else we're going to continue to fail to recruit people who can't appreciate BWD at that same base level as us.

I guess I know what this week's Thursday Thoughts is going to be.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
*Cringe*

You do realize he's talking about gameplay, right? Ryu was considered the top end of his scale of uniqueness due to how he's the only character with the type of gameplay of soft-medium-strong attacks for the entirety of his moveset. Aesthetically, Ryu should be bottom tier for being only the most recent in a line-up of characters that punch and kick. Meaning having a spear on its own means nothing in terms of being unique for Bandana Dee considering that too is an aesthetic uniqueness, not a gameplay uniqueness.

I'm just really tired of hearing people say Bandana Waddle Dee is undeniably unique because he has a spear. It does nothing to describe his gameplay and that gives him so much less credit than he deserves. It's really a habit we need to get out of doing or else we're going to continue to fail to recruit people who can't appreciate BWD at that same base level as us.

I guess I know what this week's Thursday Thoughts is going to be.
You seem to have been cringing too much to understand that seeing Bandana Waddle Dee's moveset in RTD would reflect to his Smash Brothers moveset, where you can find a good feeling to how it would play.

It is about translating his RTD moveset to Smash.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
You seem to have been cringing too much to understand that seeing Bandana Waddle Dee's moveset in RTD would reflect to his Smash Brothers moveset, where you can find a good feeling to how it would play.

It is about translating his RTD moveset to Smash.
Even so, what you said went into more focus of his choice of weapon rather than his gameplay itself. Gameplay to reflect that does a good job at explaining what he'd do, but not what direction his moveset follows as much. It's easy to translate, but the better question is can we do a better job at talking about the way he does damage and how it differs beyond a face-value? Jigglypuff is an aerial-juggler while Kirby is an aerial-figher with options on the ground, meaning despite a similar aesthetic style of punching and kicking with rounded pink limbs, their gameplay differs on a higher level than just a "Well, Kirby sometimes uses a Hammer!" aesthetic difference or a "Kirby can copy opponents' neutral specials!" gimmick distinction. Beyond the style of their attacks, the optimal way to play the two characters are radically different.

His moveset transitions into Smash easy. That isn't the same thing as being unique. I'm just saying, if we had to pitch BWD to someone who would only be swayed if we could stick with objective reasoning from a gameplay standpoint--someone who sees polygons and hitboxes before anything else--what makes BWD unreplicable?

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
What GRC is meaning that "He has a spear" isn't what makes him unique for a fighter.

It's the kind of hard zoning focus that a spear gives him like a hybrid of :4marth:'s tipper (to a stronger extreme) and :4shulk:'s range, with the hard projectile of a spear toss, the shockwave out of Megaton Punch as a down special or down smash, that kind of thing.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Even so, what you said went into more focus of his choice of weapon rather than his gameplay itself.
I can see how that seems to be the case, since there was more emphasis given on his spear prowess.
Gameplay to reflect that does a good job at explaining what he'd do, but not what direction his moveset follows as much.
The reflection of his RTD moveset would just be there to give anyone who is curious about him a quick reference to what it would be like.

What GRC is meaning that "He has a spear" isn't what makes him unique for a fighter.

It's the kind of hard zoning focus that a spear gives him like a hybrid of :4marth:'s tipper (to a stronger extreme) and :4shulk:'s range, with the hard projectile of a spear toss, the shockwave out of Megaton Punch as a down special or down smash, that kind of thing.
I understand, but thanks for pointing it out just in case it turned out otherwise.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Hello, everybody. Took a little leave of absence because I was with my cousin till this afternoon and squeeing over Roy till just now. What'd I miss?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Sorry guys, I wasnt able to get the video out tonight the final product I got just wasn't up to the standards I want it to meet...It'll be up tomorrow.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hey everyone I'm back! I didn't expect Roy to be announced at all yesterday, I sort of expected him at the concert, and Ryu is in the game to represent Street Fighter, with Akira and Joey to represent Virtua Fighter and Haihachi to represent Tekken so now we have the 3 biggest fighting games ever in Smash. The Dreamland stage is also coming, but all of this was pre-ballot. So now everyone let's try as hard as we can to get Bandana Waddle Dee into Smash, with propaganda and reasoning we can do it! I believe we can do it, so let's try harder then we ever had before!

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Lucas and Ryu are amazing. I've been using them both so much.

Omni's new Smashified is going up today. Hoping for Bandana Dee.

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
The more I look at these in-depth ideas for Bandana Dee the I think we should try to make a collab moveset and analysis for him. Would you guys be up for that or am I insane thinking we can agree on everything in a moveset or analysis? I personally think we could a really great moveset that can encompass our ideas.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The more I look at these in-depth ideas for Bandana Dee the I think we should try to make a collab moveset and analysis for him. Would you guys be up for that or am I insane thinking we can agree on everything in a moveset or analysis? I personally think we could a really great moveset that can encompass our ideas.
If it does come to fruition, I would be more than happy to show it off on the Bandana Dee blog: http://bandanaballot.wordpress.com

:231:

Last edited:

Banana Waffle Deed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sapsiper
3DS FC
1263-6961-7801
Last edited:

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
So this is the blog you guys were talking about. Do you post on it only or do you guys all post?

Yay! I couldn't of left my fellow brigadiers forever!

Did you guys have another while adventure while I was gone? *coughcoughPatchlandpantscoughcough*
Kinda, you'll find out when people spam about it on page 500.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
So this is the blog you guys were talking about. Do you post on it only or do you guys all post?

Yay! I couldn't of left my fellow brigadiers forever!

Did you guys have another adventure while I was gone? *coughcoughPatchlandpantscoughcough*
You could say that.

P.S. You don't wanna go to page 387. Just don't. If you value your sanity, you won't.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Remember (please, I'm serious) to make a Miiverse make drawings AND ALSO check the popular posts in the Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Smash in general sections, like everything Bandana Dee related and make a lot of comments.

For example look, my drawing in the Kirby section is in the popular posts, it's like number 30 or something

List: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073691937448/hot

Drawings: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkLDYB42A
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkLDnJHjA

Like it and comment, comments help as much as likes apparently, because drawings with less likes than my drawing are above it.

MAKE BD PROPAGANDA, LIKE AND COMMENT.
MIIVERSE IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY.

ALSO, POST YOUR OWN DRAWINGS SO, WE CAN LIKE THEM AND POST COMMENTS!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Alright guys. The new Smashified is going up at 3:00PM. Pleeeez let it be the dee.
They dropped hints about it being Shantae so I'm not holding my breath.

Really though, I wouldn't expect Bandana Dee before Shantae, Krystal, Daisy and Isaac (this one only because he's already being worked on).

ALSO, the less said about page 387, the better.

:231:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Remember (please, I'm serious) to make a Miiverse make drawings AND ALSO check the popular posts in the Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Smash in general sections, like everything Bandana Dee related and make a lot of comments.

For example look, my drawing in the Kirby section is in the popular posts, it's like number 30 or something

List: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073691937448/hot

Drawings: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkLDYB42A
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkLDnJHjA

Like it and comment, comments help as much as likes apparently, because drawings with less likes than my drawing are above it.

MAKE BD PROPAGANDA, LIKE AND COMMENT.
MIIVERSE IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
Make something like "Bandana Dee is watching."
Or "Bandana Dee will find you" or even "Vote for For the dee or DIE".

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Make something like "Bandana Dee is watching."
Or "Bandana Dee will find you" or even "Vote for For the dee or DIE".
Or maybe just, vote for Bandana Dee! and also something like go Kirby, MK, Great King! (in the characters support section).
Without being creepy or rude, a lot of Miiverse users are just kids.

Please like the drawings I posted and yeah, I still don't see comments :rolleyes:
C'mon guys, just something like YAY, or Bandana Dee! or DeeLC!
Something, likes AND comments are important, they make drawings appear in the top.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Just saying, you could also post Bandana Dee pictures to the support threads for the Kid Icarus characters.

Like "Vote for Sakurai's other baby." With a picture of Bandana Dee, and also saying "Go Pit/Palutena/Dark Pit"

Something like that

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
So bandana dee deconfirmed for smashified.

But we can't give up, keep pushing smashified so we can get bandana dee!

As soon as he gets smashified people will notice him more.

Last edited:
Top Bottom