• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Tomorrow's the big day guys, while we probably won't get Bandana Dee confirmed tomorrow at E3, we probably will get another Kirby game, and if it stars Bandana Dee as a main character again, we will be even more unstoppable than before. Even if he isn't a playable character, we at least get a Kirby game, probably. And who knows, maybe we will get Bandana Dee tomorrow! We've got lots to look forward to tomorrow, dont'cha fellow Dees think so?
My hype and expectation levels are over 8000.

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Remember (please, I'm serious) to make a Miiverse make drawings AND ALSO check the popular posts in the Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Smash in general sections, like everything Bandana Dee related and make a lot of comments.

For example look, my drawing in the Kirby section is in the popular posts, it's like number 30 or something

List: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/titles/14866558073037299863/14866558073691937448/hot

Drawings: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkLDYB42A
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkLDnJHjA

Like it and comment, comments help as much as likes apparently, because drawings with less likes than my drawing are above it.

MAKE BD PROPAGANDA, LIKE AND COMMENT.
MIIVERSE IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY.

ALSO, POST YOUR OWN DRAWINGS SO, WE CAN LIKE THEM AND POST COMMENTS!
I forgot my NNID account password .-.
I'm going to reset it soon so I will like and reply.

Tomorrow's the big day guys, while we probably won't get Bandana Dee confirmed tomorrow at E3, we probably will get another Kirby game, and if it stars Bandana Dee as a main character again, we will be even more unstoppable than before. Even if he isn't a playable character, we at least get a Kirby game, probably. And who knows, maybe we will get Bandana Dee tomorrow! We've got lots to look forward to tomorrow, dont'cha fellow Dees think so?
True, but what will the new game be called?

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
It would really suck if we wouldn't get another kirby game.

I mean, we did get one this year, but I would be surprised if we didn't at least get an announcement for one coming out next year, pretty much like a lot of the newly announced kirby games have done.

EDIT: I'm also pretty bored, anyone want to play smashbros for wii u?

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

I mean, we did get one this year, but I would be surprised if we didn't at least get an announcement for one coming out next year, pretty much like a lot of the newly announced kirby games have done.

Sure, The Kirby game this year wasn't developed by the main Kirby game director

My Nnid is on my thing over here
<-----------------------------------------------------

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
True, but what will the new game be called?
Uhhhhh, Kirby and the .... colorful..... uh..... sock . Kirby and the Colorful Sock. Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh....that's pretty bad, uh, Kirby and the something something? Kirby: Dark matter is actually relevant in this one? Kirby and the not so amazing shattered mirror? Kirby and DeDeDe is too lazy to be in this game? Kirby and the dreadful Sakurai Bias? Or perhaps Kirby and the kinda amazing floating eyeball monster of friendship that totally will never ever backstab you ?

I tried. And I failed miserably :laugh:.(Thank the heavens I'm not in charge of naming these things, that would be a scary world.)

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
*Cringe*

You do realize he's talking about gameplay, right? Ryu was considered the top end of his scale of uniqueness due to how he's the only character with the type of gameplay of soft-medium-strong attacks for the entirety of his moveset. Aesthetically, Ryu should be bottom tier for being only the most recent in a line-up of characters that punch and kick. Meaning having a spear on its own means nothing in terms of being unique for Bandana Dee considering that too is an aesthetic uniqueness, not a gameplay uniqueness.

I'm just really tired of hearing people say Bandana Waddle Dee is undeniably unique because he has a spear. It does nothing to describe his gameplay and that gives him so much less credit than he deserves. It's really a habit we need to get out of doing or else we're going to continue to fail to recruit people who can't appreciate BWD at that same base level as us.

I guess I know what this week's Thursday Thoughts is going to be.
I can see how that seems to be the case, since there was more emphasis given on his spear prowess.

The reflection of his RTD moveset would just be there to give anyone who is curious about him a quick reference to what it would be like.

I understand, but thanks for pointing it out just in case it turned out otherwise.
I think the thing is, we can't assume that we're presenting these ideas to people who have already played a game that Bandana Waddle Dee has been playable in. ( @ God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin specifically - I'm sure you know this, though, because of how your writings are presented.)

There is a reason why "Goomba with a stick" is a claim that gets made, after all! :laugh:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

I'll play. My NNID is to the left

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I made the room

I'll play. My NNID is to the left
ok adding u

D

Deleted member

Mark my words we are getting Kirby and the amazing mirror 2 why you ask well you do remember Paintra Drawcia little sister right? Kirby games really loves to self reference a lot and paintra is no exception and when E3 happen last year all are eyes were wide open when we seen the reveal of Kirby and the rainbow cures no one I repeat no one seen this one coming and Kirby canvas curse is not the the only Kirby game triple deluxe reference in triple deluxe we got cameo appearance for both Dark meta knight and the amazing mirror "but king dedede destroy the amazing mirror" but that the beautifully thing my friends that would be the plot in the sequel game kirby would have to collect every single mirror piece again think of it like kirby nightmare in dream but this time dedede screw up.so that why I believe we are getting a sequel to Kirby and the amazing mirror so what do you all think?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Kirby Air Ride 2. I don't expect it, but that'd honestly make the happiest a new Kirby game could make me this E3.
People have ways of...bending rules. That doesn't exactly reassure me.

Then might I suggest The Strongest Knight In The Galaxy for the next MM?
Maybe? We'd have to talk it over with Fal and the others.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Kirby Air Ride 2. I don't expect it, but that'd honestly make the happiest a new Kirby game could make me this E3.
Oh man, how much I want to see that! I don't think we'll see it yet, but if the Diddy Kong Racing 2 rumours prove true and that game does well, then we might see some more chances for non-Mario Kart racers to be given a shot again in the future.

I'm expecting a Kirby 64 3D, at the very least, for reasons I've stated previously.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
So at the end of the commentary for shantae, it was stated that "the next one should be easier". This, for me, points out straight to bandana dee. The other popular characters that haven't been done are krystal, isaac, paper mario, and maybe geno. There are prob some I'm forgetting, but it seems like it is gonna be either Bandana Dee or Paper Mario. Knowing how much we've been pushing the Dee recently, I'm fairly sure we will be getting our lord and savior in a few weeks.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Uhhhhh, Kirby and the .... colorful..... uh..... sock . Kirby and the Colorful Sock. Yeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhhh....that's pretty bad, uh, Kirby and the something something? Kirby: Dark matter is actually relevant in this one? Kirby and the not so amazing shattered mirror? Kirby and DeDeDe is too lazy to be in this game? Kirby and the dreadful Sakurai Bias? Or perhaps Kirby and the kinda amazing floating eyeball monster of friendship that totally will never ever backstab you ?

I tried. And I failed miserably :laugh:.(Thank the heavens I'm not in charge of naming these things, that would be a scary world.)
Prince Fluff confirmed

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
No need to worry, that was just the icing on the cake :dr^_^:

"Kirby and the Mechanical Mayhem" :bomb:
"Kirby: Escaping from the Mirror World" :evil:
"Kirby: Meta Knight is relevant again":smirk:
It's really weird that the only main Kirby game that we have right now is Triple Deluxe
That's why I'm predicting that we'll see a new Kirby game for the 3DS
The DS had like 4 Kirby games, it's weird that the 3DS only have one (Kirby fighters and DDDD doesn't count)
10 notifications? Let's see what it...
Thanks @ Chalo5000 Chalo5000

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Hey, guys, I've noticed something (which I suspected and have now looked into), and we ought to take note of it: The Fighter Ballot forms differ by country. For example, here is the UK one, and here is the North American one. Note the differences.

It's important that, in the future, we don't link directly to the form, and just direct people to SmashBros.com. Why? Nintendo won't be doing this purely for Smash, but for demographic data as well. This data being skewed could potentially negatively affect future game releases (for example, if lots of Europeans used the US form, they might mistakenly think that some series are less popular here than they really are, which may have a future impact), which is something I'm sure nobody wants.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
GUYS HELP I GOT A TORNADO WARNING. 0-0
I doubt your still reading this but,
In a house with a basement: Avoid windows. Get in the basement and under some kind of sturdy protection (heavy table or work bench), or cover yourself with a mattress or sleeping bag. Know where very heavy objects rest on the floor above (pianos, refrigerators, waterbeds, etc.) and do not go under them. They may fall down through a weakened floor and crush you. Head protection, such as a helmet, can offer some protection also.

In a house with no basement, a dorm, or an apartment:
Avoid windows. Go to the lowest floor, small center room (like a bathroom or closet), under a stairwell, or in an interior hallway with no windows. Crouch as low as possible to the floor, facing down; and cover your head with your hands. A bath tub may offer a shell of partial protection. Even in an interior room, you should cover yourself with some sort of thick padding (mattress, blankets, etc.), to protect against falling debris in case the roof and ceiling fail. A helmet can offer some protection against head injury.

In an office building, hospital, nursing home or skyscraper:Go directly to an enclosed, windowless area in the center of the building -- away from glass and on the lowest floor possible. Then, crouch down and cover your head. Interior stairwells are usually good places to take shelter, and if not crowded, allow you to get to a lower level quickly. Stay off the elevators; you could be trapped in them if the power is lost.

In a mobile home:Get out! Even if your home is tied down, it is not as safe as an underground shelter or permanent, sturdy building. Go to one of those shelters, or to a nearby permanent structure, using your tornado evacuation plan. Most tornadoes can destroy even tied-down mobile homes; and it is best not to play the low odds that yours will make it. This mobile-home safety video from the State of Missouri may be useful in developing your plan.

At school:Follow the drill! Go to the interior hall or windowless room in an orderly way as you are told. Crouch low, head down, and protect the back of your head with your arms. Stay away from windows and large open rooms like gyms and auditoriums.

In a car or truck: Vehicles are extremely risky in a tornado. There is no safe option when caught in a tornado in a car, just slightly less-dangerous ones. If the tornado is visible, far away, and the traffic is light, you may be able to drive out of its path by moving at right angles to the tornado. Seek shelter in a sturdy building, or underground if possible. If you are caught by extreme winds or flying debris, park the car as quickly and safely as possible -- out of the traffic lanes. Stay in the car with the seat belt on. Put your head down below the windows; cover your head with your hands and a blanket, coat, or other cushion if possible. If you can safely get noticeably lower than the level of the roadway,leave your car and lie in that area, covering your head with your hands. Avoid seeking shelter under bridges, which can create deadly traffic hazards while offering little protection against flying debris.

In the open outdoors: If possible, seek shelter in a sturdy building. If not, lie flat and face-down on low ground, protecting the back of your head with your arms. Get as far away from trees and cars as you can; they may be blown onto you in a tornado.

In a shopping mall or large store: Do not panic. Watch for others. Move as quickly as possible to an interior bathroom, storage room or other small enclosed area, away from windows.

In a church or theater: Do not panic. If possible, move quickly but orderly to an interior bathroom or hallway, away from windows. Crouch face-down and protect your head with your arms. If there is no time to do that, get under the seats or pews, protecting your head with your arms or hands.
I hope your safe.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Maybe? We'd have to talk it over with Fal and the others.
Good, good. No Kirby music montage is complete without that song.
Since we're talking about E3 wishes, I really want a Kirby's Dream Land 4 on the Wii U. Just sidescrolling, classic 2D Kirby goodness. And maybe multiplayer for ****s and giggles. Kinda like NEW Super Mario Bros., but in glorious HD. Or maybe even a 3D Kirby game. I think HAL could make it work.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Good, good. No Kirby music montage is complete without that song.
Since we're talking about E3 wishes, I really want a Kirby's Dream Land 4 on the Wii U. Just sidescrolling, classic 2D Kirby goodness. And maybe multiplayer for ****s and giggles. Kinda like NEW Super Mario Bros., but in glorious HD.
Honestly, I fully expect this, too.

But, if they do this, they've got to let player one have the option to choose which character they want to play as, this time...

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Speaking of that, what is the strongest ability? I'd like to see the general consensus. I'm guessing Plasma? I know that's the one I think's the strongest, but what do you guys think?

Top Bottom