• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Whoa guys, calm down. This news is just a confirmation of what we knew already. If we didn't give up then, why on earth should we be giving up now?

The Bandana Dee train will go on. There's still 4 months till the ballot ends. Keep up the support. We won't go down this easily.

:231:
I didn't and won't drop my support. None of us will. The only thing is the more DLC is confirmed, the less likely our favourite Waddle Dee becomes. The inclusion of these characters just means we need to give Bandana Dee as much support as we can so that we don't become overshadowed by other strongly wanted characters like King K.Rool and Isaac on the ballot.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I didn't and won't drop my support. None of us will. The only thing is the more DLC is confirmed, the less likely our favourite Waddle Dee becomes. The inclusion of these characters just means we need to give Bandana Dee as much support as we can so that we don't become overshadowed by other strongly wanted characters like King K.Rool and Isaac on the ballot.
Indeed.

I was just a little surprised with the amount of anger I saw here, I guess. I mean, we all knew this was coming at some point.

:231:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
So... Everything that was practically confirmed got confirmed, what's everybody worrying about? Let's just keep that Bandana Dee support as strong as before!

btw, where was that KTD song leaked? I would be really happy if that were true, though it's quite unfitting for Dreamland 64. Then again we got Forest/Nature area in halberd..

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So... Everything that was practically confirmed got confirmed, what's everybody worrying about? Let's just keep that Bandana Dee support as strong as before!

btw, where was that KTD song leaked? I would be really happy if that were true, though it's quite unfitting for Dreamland 64. Then again we got Forest/Nature area in halberd..
Dreamland 64, so is Popstar from 64

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Please, don't insult other characters or fanbases.
I'm extremly hyped for all the content and that obviously includes Roy.
Don't be rude.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
This is definitely starting to make a little more sense to me now..

Everyone remember that speculation that the empty spaces on the site were DLC fighters? Well it's seeming like that isn't too far-fetched now...

Except this time, it seems like its space for pre-ballot dlc.

As a rundown: Lucas was of course recently added to the site, which took up one of the five slots we had seen a few months back. Considering Roy and Ryu are pretty much confirmed at this point, it's safe to say half of those are now filled. Now here are my predictions:

We have four months until October. June, July, August, and September. I speculate we could see more pre-ballot DLC fighters confirmed from now until October. Here is one way things could go down:

option A:
June: The presentation rolls around, and Sakurai talks about Lucas a bit, and reveals a trailer for Ryu, and possible details on other content.

July: Remember that news that Sakurai was going to be at the 25th anniversary Fire Emblem Concert? Well that could make sense... this could potentially be a point when Roy gets officially confirmed.

August: Sakurai confirms an unknown fighter

September: Sakurai confirms an unknown fighter

Option B:
June: Sakurai confirms both Roy and Ryu

July: ???

August: unknown fighter confirmed

September: unknown fighter confirmed

I personally am more inclined to think something like option A would happen. Though I want to know what you guys think of my theory.

Last edited:

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I HAVE A THEORY
IF RYU IS GETTING STAGEE MAYBE BD COME WITH DREAMLAND 64
AND IF RYU IS COMING .............. TWO CHARACTERS reps FROM 1 company could be a thing BOMBERMAN AND SNAKE CONFIRMED ( I hate snake though)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Didn't I state that possibility of 3rd parties being able to have more than one rep from this a day or so back?..

Oh well. This is definitely heating up. Who knows what we could see show up at this point.

Obviously, datamining those patchs is apparently affective for seeing new stuff too... Judging by those victory videos, I wonder how close the two fighters are close to being finished, I wonder?..

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
@ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker
That would be an absolute best case scenario, in my opinion.
I think that those spaces are shared between pre-ballot and post-ballot characters, however. It might mean we'll only end up with the Top 2-3 reasonable characters at the ballot's end in October. Just saying, cautious optimism.
And Lucina just became horribly irrelevant.
What does that even mean...? How do you make a character already in Smash Bros. irrelevant?

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
You know they could pull a Mewtwo and be like a new character is in development OR they could not give us Dreamland 64 then when they announce Bandanna Dee announce him with it

These are some theories that make me think we will be getting Bandanna Dee
-No Trophy
-Dreamland 64 coming out of no where
-Ice Cream Island remix (I mean why would Sakurai go out of his way to make a remix for a stage? [SIDE NOTE That song would be so cool in Bandanna Dee's trailer])

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think that those spaces are shared between pre-ballot and post-ballot characters, however. It might mean we'll only end up with the Top 2-3 reasonable characters at the ballot's end in October. Just saying, cautious optimism.
Then you wouldn't like what I think will happen.
What does that even mean...? How do you make a character already in Smash Bros. irrelevant?
Everyone is complaining about Roy instead of Lucina at the moment.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492

I mean Lucina's going to get even less attention now. She was essentially the poor man's Roy, now the OG clone is here. Also Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, hell, even Roy himself are irrelevant even though they're in Smash.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Alright. I'm calm. I still don't like Ryu or Roy. But I'm calm now. Still keeping the Bandana Dee train on the smashing tracks

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
The Ice Cream Island remix is POWERFUL THO
One of the best remixes I've ever heard and that's funny cause all yesterday I was jamming to the Rainbow Curse version

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Thing is, I am wondering myself if a slate has even been set for the Ballot yet...

I mean it seems like a lot of these fighters are nearing a month apart from each other.. The current trend seems to be "character DLC gets released, and a new one gets announced".

They are producing these at a REMARKABLY fast rate. Whether or not because these are clones or semi-clones (can't really say this yet for Ryu since we have NO clue how he plays yet..), I have no clue...

Due to this, I have my doubts this will effect the ballot. It feels like more or less just stuff to hold us all off until we get to the big day! :p

That said.. we don't know how the information from the ballot will be pulled yet... We could just get one fighter, then again we could get another set of 5 or 6, like we seem to be getting with the pre-ballot DLC.

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
This is definitely starting to make a little more sense to me now..

Everyone remember that speculation that the empty spaces on the site were DLC fighters? Well it's seeming like that isn't too far-fetched now...

Except this time, it seems like its space for pre-ballot dlc.

As a rundown: Lucas was of course recently added to the site, which took up one of the five slots we had seen a few months back. Considering Roy and Ryu are pretty much confirmed at this point, it's safe to say half of those are now filled. Now here are my predictions:

We have four months until October. June, July, August, and September. I speculate we could see more pre-ballot DLC fighters confirmed from now until October. Here is one way things could go down:

option A:
June: The presentation rolls around, and Sakurai talks about Lucas a bit, and reveals a trailer for Ryu, and possible details on other content.

July: Remember that news that Sakurai was going to be at the 25th anniversary Fire Emblem Concert? Well that could make sense... this could potentially be a point when Roy gets officially confirmed.

August: Sakurai confirms an unknown fighter

September: Sakurai confirms an unknown fighter

Option B:
June: Sakurai confirms both Roy and Ryu

July: ???

August: unknown fighter confirmed

September: unknown fighter confirmed

I personally am more inclined to think something like option A would happen. Though I want to know what you guys think of my theory.
I would've been with you on option A, but it seems Roy is complete; it would be pointless in waiting that long to release him. Even if it would've been awesome....

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I mean Lucina's going to get even less attention now. She was essentially the poor man's Roy, now the OG clone is here. Also Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, hell, even Roy himself are irrelevant even though they're in Smash.
Considering just how well received she's been within the Fire Emblem community, however, on top of her Amiibo being compatible with other Intelligent Systems games like Codename S.T.E.A.M. and Fire Emblem If, I don't think it means nobody's going to pay attention to her. The fact that her blade is even throughout means she would retain her spacing versatility while Roy's blade would specifically focus on close-range, meaning that even if their movesets are near identical, their competitive viability could be radically different the way Marth and Roy were back in Melee. And the fact that she's one of the game's female characters will also immediately keep her popular for obvious reasons that we don't need to get into.

As for all of them, again, what does "irrelevant" mean? Just "hasn't appeared in a game lately"? Does that make top Smash candidates like K. Rool and Isaac meaningless or something...?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
These are some theories that make me think we will be getting Bandanna Dee
-No Trophy
-Dreamland 64 coming out of no where
-Ice Cream Island remix (I mean why would Sakurai go out of his way to make a remix for a stage? [SIDE NOTE That song would be so cool in Bandanna Dee's trailer])
-No Trophy means nothing when Lucas and Mewtwo had trophies of their own before becoming DLC.
-Kongo Jungle 64 came out of nowhere too, but that hasn't sped up the process of getting K. Rool or Dixie a single bit for the DKC series.
-For the same reason they went out of their way to make remixes for the other past stages, perhaps?
Again, cautious optimism, GhostlyLure. It's easy to see something being meaningful just because one wants it to be. We're setting ourselves up for a self-imposed Red Herring if we see what we currently have as confirmation towards Bandana Dee. We did plenty of that back before the game's release when there was reason to believe it with the remove of Waddle Dees from Dedede's moveset, yet that still got us nowhere.

Top Bottom