• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Burruni

Smash Hero
I thought it was more needed, considering that there is already a clone of Marth in the game. Now, Marth is Fox 2.0, only worse because Wolf has some good differences to him. Roy let me down big time.
Roy in general is a case of "Want" not "Need"
Moving on,
Bandana Dee in the bandana battle, :4myfriends: vs Ryu vs BanD vs :4bowserjr:

And Sakurai is allergic to anything that came out without him touching it.
Sakurai's logic in a nutshell (at least what it seems to be):

Sakurai: And here's our new Kirby song from Kirby's Adventure. Oh, and Dream Land stage from Smash Bros. 64 returns.
Fans: What about music or stages from recent Kirby games? Like Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe.
Sakurai: What are those? The last Kirby game was Air Ride.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Sakurai's logic in a nutshell (at least what it seems to be):

Sakurai: And here's our new Kirby song from Kirby's Adventure. Oh, and Dream Land stage from Smash Bros. 64 returns.
Fans: What about music or stages from recent Kirby games? Like Return to Dream Land and Triple Deluxe.
Sakurai: What are those? The last Kirby game was Amazing Mirror.
Sakurai didn't touch Amazing Mirror IIRC.
His last game was Air Ride, which I think came out a year before AM.

I'm just rambilng.
I don't know it as a fact.

Hell, I "knew" that Sakurai wouldn't put one of the 4 worst lords of Fire Emblem back into Smash 4 just because of fan demand.
Looked from Wikipedia, apparently Air Ride was the last Kirby game he directed, but he was a special advisor in Amazing Mirror.

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Ok, so it's confirmed. I really don't mind Ryu, and I love the Kirby's Dream Land 64 stage, especially with the new music. But im not even gonna say anything about Roy. Still, yay, more content.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm just rambilng.
I don't know it as a fact.

Hell, I "knew" that Sakurai wouldn't put one of the 4 worst lords of Fire Emblem back into Smash 4 just because of fan demand.
Wow, salty much? Well, we still have the ballot, and I'd wager more pre-ballot DLC as well. (I don't think anyone was expecting all three of them so soon.)

I was a fan of Roy, so I'm happy to see him, I guess. Well, to each their own.

:231:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wow, salty much? Well, we still have the ballot, and I'd wager more pre-ballot DLC as well. (I don't think anyone was expecting all three of them so soon.)

I was a fan of Roy, so I'm happy to see him, I guess. Well, to each their own.

Fal.

I changed my picture for a reason today.

I'm incredibly salty. Beyond reason and up-played for the purpose of venting.

I try to keep pretty calm but I'm not gonna today with waking up to this in the storm of bad news I've gotten over the past few days.

But I agree, I expected Lucas this month, and then Ryu & Roy to be released in August and October respectively.

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Ugh. I could not be less hyped right now.
First off, we got a bland, boring fighting game character who's barely had any games on Nintendo consoles and a new one that PS4 and PC only.

Also, we got another Fire Emblem character who's ANOTHER Marth clone. Now, Fire Emblem has the same number of characters as Zelda, one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. And three of them are essentially the exact same person. So it's
Kirby- 3
DK- 2
Metroid- 2
Pikmin- 1
Animal Crossing- 1
Starfox- 2
F-Zero- 1
These are all more well known and are bigger than FE yet that series gets 5?

Ryu should have stayed in his own game, and Roy should have stayed in the dumpster, this coming from a Roy main back in Melee.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ugh. I could not be less hyped right now.
First off, we got a bland, boring fighting game character who's barely had any games on Nintendo consoles and a new one that PS4 and PC only.

Also, we got another Fire Emblem character who's ANOTHER Marth clone. Now, Fire Emblem has the same number of characters as Zelda, one of Nintendo's biggest franchises. And three of them are essentially the exact same person. So it's
Kirby- 3
DK- 2
Metroid- 2
Pikmin- 1
Animal Crossing- 1
Starfox- 2
F-Zero- 1
These are all more well known and are bigger than FE yet that series gets 5?

Ryu should have stayed in his own game, and Roy should have stayed in the dumpster, this coming from a Roy main back in Melee.
1) There have been multiple versions of Street Fighter across SNES, GBA, DS, & 3DS. "Barely Any" doesn't quite fit. Especially when we had Street Figher on 3DS.

2) Star Fox & F-Zero are definitely not bigger than FE. Star Fox's last 2 titles COMBINED sold less than the copies of Awakening.

I would gladly sacrifice Lucina & Roy combined to get Anna.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Joy. a good Kirby songs I LOVE ICE CREAM ISLAND I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO THAT ALL YESTERDAY!

But Ryu amd Roy...This is above the amount of rage my body can produce Ryu and Roy I already don't like Roy because they just put a ****ing clone back in, as well as added a character that has NO reason to be in Smash (I don't want to go to deep into this one.)

NEEDLESS to say I'm incredibly salty and I right now I don't think we are getting Bandanna Dee at all

I just can't do this anymore I'm not leaving I'm going to keep supporting but I need you guys TO GET THE **** BACK ON TOPIC THE PAST 10 PAGES HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT NONSENSE!!!!

We need to get back to when we were productive!

This is all I want and without this...I don't really have anything else to do with my life.

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Fal.

I changed my picture for a reason today.

I'm incredibly salty. Beyond reason and up-played for the purpose of venting.

I try to keep pretty calm but I'm not gonna today with waking up to this in the storm of bad news I've gotten over the past few days.

But I agree, I expected Lucas this month, and then Ryu & Roy to be released in August and October respectively.
1) There have been multiple versions of Street Fighter across SNES, GBA, DS, & 3DS. "Barely Any" doesn't quite fit. Especially when we had Street Figher on 3DS.

2) Star Fox & F-Zero are definitely not bigger than FE. Star Fox's last 2 titles COMBINED sold less than the copies of Awakening.

I would gladly sacrifice Lucina & Roy combined to get Anna.
Joy. a good Kirby songs I LOVE ICE CREAM ISLAND I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO THAT ALL YESTERDAY!

But Ryu amd Roy...This is above the amount of rage my body can produce Ryu and Roy I already don't like Roy because they just put a ****ing clone back in, as well as added a character that has NO reason to be in Smash (I don't want to go to deep into this one.)

NEEDLESS to say I'm incredibly salty and I right now I don't think we are getting Bandanna Dee at all

I just can't do this anymore I'm not leaving I'm going to keep supporting but I need you guys TO GET THE **** BACK ON TOPIC THE PAST 10 PAGES HAVE BEEN NOTHING BUT NONSENSE!!!!

We need to get back to when we were productive!

This is all I want and without this...I don't really have anything else to do with my life.
Well Im just as salty and agree with all of you. The SLAT IS REAL

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ryu's Releases on Nintendo's titles.

1) SF2 - World Warrior (SNES/ Wii VC)

2) SF2 - Championship Edition (SNES)

3) SF2 - Turbo Edition (SNES)

4) SF2 - The New Challengers (SNES)

5) Super SF2 Revival (GBA)

6) SF Alpha (GBC)

7) SF Alpha 2 (SNES/Wii VC)

8) SF Alpha 3 Upper (GBA)

9) SF4 (3DS)

That's just main-line titles. Is he more famous as for Sony and Arcades? Yes. But Snake was an icon for Sony.

Most of all, he's a gaming icon. He's not interesting because he's one of the most basic fighters that hundreds of people have copied, but he's in.

That said, we are likely going to see 1-2 Pre-Ballot Newcomers if we're having this dump now of 3 fighters and only Wolf as a viable veteran to fill the months until Ballot characters.

I think Bandana Dee has a fair amount of chance there.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
My silent rage right now is to the equivalent of wanting to fly to the biggest building in the world and jumping off NO SECOND THOUGHTS!

My video was going to have Ice Cream Island in it but since that got leaked I need to use that one!

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My silent rage right now is to the equivalent of wanting to fly to the biggest building in the world and jumping off NO SECOND THOUGHTS!

My video was going to have Ice Cream Island in it but since that got leaked I need to use that one!
If 2 characters getting in as DLC without the ballot makes you want to kill yourself, you're ****ing pathetic. Keep in mind I lost my father to suicide at the age of 4

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
You know what tho....
I got really cheered up by the Ice Cream Island remix I'm still mad about Ryu and Marth Roy but....I'm happy we got new Kirby representation I decided I'm going to try and up my support there is nothing I won't do right now (besides anything sexual and about killing myself)

If 2 characters getting in as DLC without the ballot makes you want to kill yourself, you're ****ing pathetic. Keep in mind I lost my father to suicide at the age of 4
"Is the equivalent" not makes me want to...read my statement b4 you try to curse me out.

>.> you guys not only didn't read it but took it too seriously

I had a friend that I met at a camp last year...
He killed himself that next morning. I was one campsite away...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
You know what tho....
I got really cheered up by the Ice Cream Island remix I'm still mad about Ryu and Marth Roy but....I'm happy we got new Kirby representation I decided I'm going to try and up my support there is nothing I won't do right now (besides anything sexual and about killing myself)

"Is the equivalent" not makes me want to...read my statement b4 you try to curse me out.

>.> you guys not only didn't read it but took it too seriously

I had a friend that I met at a camp last year...
He killed himself that next morning. I was one campsite away...
Sorry, but if you say something that's the exact same reason my mother's been working her ass of her entire life to raise her 2 kids, I WILL take it seriously. Suicide isn't the best thing to joke about. I'm pissed about the literal ****lord being playable again too

Burruni

Smash Hero
So, theorycrafting with the Salt Queen.

Previously, I had the theory of retaining our bi-monthly releases of DLC fighters.

:4mewtwo:April :4lucas:June :4miibrawl:August :roypm:October :wolf: December and 2016 would give us 3-5 Ballot characters.

Now, it's most likely we will have 3 characters released across the E3 week off of the next week, maybe all tomorrow alongside Lucas.

And this makes us look back to the files.

After Lucas, we had our 4 filler Marios.

Wolf is still very likely, but the thing is... that 4th slot may be one final Pre-Ballot DLC character.

And with our 6 remaining cuts unlikely due to various reasons, I can't help but wonder who would be the newcomer.

Part of me wants to slam down to say a Rhythm Heaven character, as we have that emblem still in the files. But... that's just food for thought.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Sorry, but if you say something that's the exact same reason my mother's been working her *** of her entire life to raise her 2 kids, I WILL take it seriously. Suicide isn't the best thing to joke about. I'm pissed about the literal ****lord being playable again too
Seriously...****, that's rough I know how it feels (kinda)....My Mom can't get a single job and my Dad is doing a mediore job...we can't even pay our bills at this point. I'm very sorry for your loss, I'm tearing up right now actually.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Seriously...****, that's rough I know how it feels (kinda)....My Mom can't get a single job and my Dad is doing a mediore job...we can't even pay our bills at this point. I'm very sorry for your loss, I'm tearing up right now actually.
Eh, I don't like sob stories, especially as that's not even half of mine...Time for happy talk. Would you guys like a trophy of Clay BDee?

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Eh, I don't like sob stories, especially as that's not even half of mine...Time for happy talk. Would you guys like a trophy of Clay BDee?
I just had an idea. Including it in my moveset idea (which is almost finished and I will post soon.) I wont fully answer your question quite yet, but yes. (there are reasons for that yes just so you know what I mean with that).

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I would rather have a 3d new model..but that's just me.

Melee is one the most overrated Smash games in existence it's unbalanced so the competitive scene looks like
:foxmelee::falcomelee::falconmelee::sheikmelee::marthmelee:

F U if you use anyone else cause your most likely gonna get boned.

Also how fast Melee is doesn't appeal to me.

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice

Melee is one the most overrated Smash games in existence it's unbalanced so the competitive scene looks like

Precisely my friend. Precisely.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Whoa guys, calm down. This news is just a confirmation of what we knew already. If we didn't give up then, why on earth should we be giving up now?

The Bandana Dee train will go on. There's still 4 months till the ballot ends. Keep up the support. We won't go down this easily.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

Hello, this is Burruni.

:jigglypuffmelee::ganondorfmelee: And welcome to Break the Meta.

Top Bottom