• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

IAmMetaKnight

The Strongest Warrior in the Galaxy
NNID
Munn_D_C
3DS FC
2251-5635-7276
Still, that would still make Marth an over replicated character, so even if he was a semi clone, you would now have 3 simmilar characters with essentialy the same base playstyle, and thats never a good thing. But I do have to agree with Ryu. If they put some thought into his moveset, he can actually be unique, but if not, oh boy am I gonna be mad.
I've got an idea as to how Sakuri could make Roi more unique. He could change his Final Smash
to the Landmaster. :troll:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Yes. However unfortunately Roy is one of those Melee favorites (for whatever reason) from back in the day old fans have begged for. (Similarly to Mewtwo) Don't see why Lucina isn't fine enough. She is pretty much a marth clone herself after all. (Difference is here she has a proper excuse, being made from an alternate costume... which took little dev time.) If Roy gets in he'll have a practically identical moveset to what he had in Melee, just with a final smash, and perhaps some balance tweaks... nothing really shocking in my eyes.

As for Ryu, his inclusion is a little more substantial than people think.

For starters, he is one of the most recognized fighting characters in the industry.. I mean he practically represents the old bar based health fighting system from back then. Really the only detraction against the fellow was the old "Character can't be from a fighting game"... which was technically shattered when Little Mac got in.. (We all know Sakurai goes back on his word CONSTANTLY anyway)

Another thing that should be pointed out: This will be Capcom's SECOND. REP. Something that hasn't been done before in regards to 3rd party characters. It brings the possibility for other 3rd party companies (both currently in the game, and otherwise) to get an additional rep as well. (Like Sonic fans getting Knuckles or Eggman, or Megaman fans getting Zero). It really lightens the theoretical weight we as fans have always put on third party fighters...

All in all.. may I ask why this is really a problem? These would be PRE BALLOT fighters. Meaning they won't affect the results for the ballot. Not to mention, any characters we get now is one less fighter to worry having to be campaigned in the ballot itself.

Just my two cents in this.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Still, that would still make Marth an over replicated character, so even if he was a semi clone, you would now have 3 simmilar characters with essentialy the same base playstyle, and thats never a good thing. But I do have to agree with Ryu. If they put some thought into his moveset, he can actually be unique, but if not, oh boy am I gonna be mad.
How Ryu wouldn't be unique? :laugh:
The fact that you guys thought that he wouldn't be unique is kinda funny
What else he could be?
A Little Mac clone? :dr-_-:
Also, we have Fox, Falco and with Wolf probably coming back I don't see the problem of having another Marth clone :ohwell:
I don't care for Roy, I'm just saying that adding him isn't as bad as you guys are saying :glare:

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I'll be crying and hugging my dog....

because I did a challenge with him I had food in both hands and I said pick which one left or right (Left means no right means yes)
He picked right. I know this is really stupid but it was fun to do

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
What else he could be?
Also, we have Fox, Falco and with Wolf probably coming back I don't see the problem of having another Marth clone :ohwell:
I don't care for Roy, I'm just saying that adding him isn't as bad as you guys are saying :glare:
Wolf isn't a clone. That's not a viable argument

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Yes. However unfortunately Roy is one of those Melee favorites (for whatever reason) from back in the day old fans have begged for. (Similarly to Mewtwo) Don't see why Lucina isn't fine enough. She is pretty much a marth clone herself after all. (Difference is here she has a proper excuse, being made from an alternate costume... which took little dev time.) If Roy gets in he'll have a practically identical moveset to what he had in Melee, just with a final smash, and perhaps some balance tweaks... nothing really shocking in my eyes.

As for Ryu, his inclusion is a little more substantial than people think.

For starters, he is one of the most recognized fighting characters in the industry.. I mean he practically represents the old bar based health fighting system from back then. Really the only detraction against the fellow was the old "Character can't be from a fighting game"... which was technically shattered when Little Mac got in.. (We all know Sakurai goes back on his word CONSTANTLY anyway)

Another thing that should be pointed out: This will be Capcom's SECOND. REP. Something that hasn't been done before in regards to 3rd party characters. It brings the possibility for other 3rd party companies (both currently in the game, and otherwise) to get an additional rep as well. (Like Sonic fans getting Knuckles or Eggman, or Megaman fans getting Zero). It really lightens the theoretical weight we as fans have always put on third party fighters...

All in all.. may I ask why this is really a problem? These would be PRE BALLOT fighters. Meaning they won't affect the results for the ballot. Not to mention, any characters we get now is one less fighter to worry having to be campaigned in the ballot itself.

Just my two cents in this.
Well, I can agree with almost everything you said, exept the last thing. Yes, they are one less character competing for a dlc slot, but he will take up one that could be for Bandana Dee for another character who has had little to no smash representation.
What else he could be?
I really dont want to discuss this, but I'll just say that we don't need more clones in smash. If we get Wolf, no Roy, And if we get Roy, no Wolf (IMO). Sakurai has learned that the community doesn't always like clones *cough* Dark Pit *cough*, and I'll leave my argument at that.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Well, I can agree with almost everything you said, exept the last thing. Yes, they are one less character competing for a dlc slot, but he will take up one that could be for Bandana Dee for another character who has had little to no smash representation.

I really dont want to discuss this, but I'll just say that we don't need more clones in smash. If we get Wolf, no Roy, And if we get Roy, no Wolf (IMO). Sakurai has learned that the community doesn't always like clones *cough* Dark Pit *cough*, and I'll leave my argument at that.
Well to be fair, "character slots" are more or less just a fan generated mentality :p. We mostly have those as a canon to try to keep some sort of order to things. Of course when that theoretical barrier is broken, things get ugly XD..

In all honesty, slots are non-existent. It all depends on a number of different factors, ranging from overall Uniqueness, Relevancy, if the character is iconic, Movepools,.. what the character would bring to the table compared to fighters already in the game, yada yada. You get the point XD

By the way, Dark pit was in the same boat as Lucina, being from an alternate costume. People always have complaints in regards to those two characters, but they aren't really necessary :p. They were made from alternate costumes of their respective originals. This takes much less time than producing a full fledged character. There would be no difference in the roster what so ever if they were in or otherwise.

Last edited:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
What else he could be?
Also, Wolf and Roy, in clone terms, are incomparable. Roy basically just had diffrent stats and small tweaks on some moves just like Lucina, while the only thing Wolf and Fox share are 2 moves.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

Wait, Dark Pit is still a thing? :p
He, Lucina and Dr. Mario were originally alternate costumes, just like Alph or the Female Robin, they don't take up character slots (implying that character slots existed in first place)
Also, I don't get the hate for the clones, everyone says that the small details are the ones that makes the difference
I like the clones, they give us a new way to play a character that is already in the game
And they are practically STILL alternate costumes
Just like @ BandanaWaddleDee BandanaWaddleDee said Wolf isn't really a clone, they could make something similar with Roy
Just like Mewtwo was updated from Melee :drflip:
Even calling him a semi clone is huge stretch. He has 2 moves that are the same as Fox. Just two.

Also, http://youtu.be/piXjxfUAO0c
Man, Club Penguin sure has changed a lot :drwtf:

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
Well to be fair, "character slots" are more or less just a fan generated mentality :p. We mostly have those as a canon to try to keep some sort of order to things. Of course when that theoretical barrier is broken, things get ugly XD..

In all honesty, slots are non-existent. It all depends on a number of different factors, ranging from overall Uniqueness, Relevancy, if the character is iconic, Movepools,.. what the character would bring to the table compared to fighters already in the game, yada yada. You get the point XD

By the way, Dark pit was in the same boat as Lucina, being from an alternate costume. People always have complaints in regards to those two characters, but they aren't really necessary :p. They were made from alternate costumes of their respective originals. This takes much less time than producing a full fledged character. There would be no difference in the roster what so ever if they were in or otherwise.
Yes, I understand all that. What I mean is that only so many figther can join as DLC, and unoriginal characters joining in place of other characters just doesn't seem fair.

Also, yes i know about why Dark Pit was created. I actually prefer him over Pit in terms of gameplay, and he is my fav character from KI; Uprising, so I'm not complaining, just using him as an example of how poorly clone can be accepted.

Spinda654

Smash Apprentice
But enough of this topic. This is not the place for it. Back To BD and how awesome of a character he Is gonna be could be

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
It's not the fact that you related this to Club Penguin that gets to me. It's the fact that you mentioned Club Penguin at all
We originally wanted to use #WaddleOn as our hashtag for the campaign. Turns out it's already heavily related to Club Penguin of all things.

There's your missing link!

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Yes, I understand all that. What I mean is that only so many figther can join as DLC, and unoriginal characters joining in place of other characters just doesn't seem fair.

Also, yes i know about why Dark Pit was created. I actually prefer him over Pit in terms of gameplay, and he is my fav character from KI; Uprising, so I'm not complaining, just using him as an example of how poorly clone can be accepted.
If Roy was added as DLC and he was still a clone, I don't think that it really changes anything :ohwell:
Just like Sakurai said, the clones are easy to make
But If he has a different moveset, then he wouldn't be a clone, he would be unique and everyone's happy :dr-_-:
Also edit your posts instead of double posting
It's not the fact that you related this to Club Penguin that gets to me. It's the fact that you mentioned Club Penguin at all
So, now your upset because I mentioned Club Penguin? :ohwell:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
But enough of this topic. This is not the place for it. Back To BD and how awesome of a character he Is gonna be could be

Well feel free to stop by the Campaign help thread I concocted a week back! :p It provides all sorts of helpful information related to fighter campaigns and what not, all in the goal to assist fighter campaigns, and their supporters alike. You'll find info on dealing with detractors against fighters (politely), starting up campaign threads, and some character analysis info. It's all information I've gathered through my time studying how campaigns work here on Smashboards, and generally information devised myself. If you wanna talk about that sort of stuff, that would certainly be the place for it :p

(You can find that linked in my signature, which should be at the top of this page somewhere, at my first post on this page.)

Last edited:

Bennext

Smash Cadet
oooh, I'd like Dee to be added sense they removed him from as King Dedede's Minion throw.
but what if Kirby sucks him up?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
If I may mention those were just regular Waddle Dees. They lack the bandana that sets Bandana Dee apart from his similar relatives! :p (And the pointy spear for that matter XD)

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The Roy-Ryu hype is consuming everything.

Lucas, Roy and Ryu seem to be getting released very close to each other. That raises my hope on how much DLC we're getting.

:231:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
NO. RYU AND ROY CONFIRMED. IM SO FRACKING FURIOUS. SCREW SMASH BROS. COME ON SAKURAI. NOW FIRE EMBLEM HAS 5 REPS?!

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Dude...This is literally old news. You know how people say Metroid is one of Nintendo's best franchises? Replace it with Fire Emblem and you have the Japanese Nintendo fans
They have leaked VIDEOS now. It's their Classic Mode ending movies. They were confirmed just this morning. :(

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
I know. I saw them first thing this morning. I'm salty as **** that Roy has Critical Hit. However, the Dreamland stage has Fountain of Dreams music
I'm not even watching the Direct tomorow. You all go ahead. I'll be spamming the ballot with more Bandana Dee and Rayman votes.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I know. I saw them first thing this morning. I'm salty as **** that Roy has Critical Hit. However, the Dreamland stage has Fountain of Dreams music
...aaaand just what I feared about Roy. He's a clone of Marth, in the purest form. Welp, he's officially my least favorite character in Smash now.

You blew it Roy, you blew it.

At least Bandana Dee will be unique.

Burruni

Smash Hero
...aaaand just what I feared about Roy. He's a clone of Marth, in the purest form. Welp, he's officially my least favorite character in Smash now.

You blew it Roy, you blew it.

At least Bandana Dee will be unique.
Did you expect anything more, genuinely?

:4drmario:'s the same.

:4mewtwo: got hitboxes fixed.

:4lucas: looked no different.

Top Bottom