• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
wait wtf I'm not gone

I mean I've always been sorta gone but I'm not gone wat

also wow reading these posts make it seem like Kirby_Queen and I died in an accident or something

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
wait wtf I'm not gone

also wow reading these posts make it seem like Kirby_Queen and I died in an accident or something
Kirby_Queen made an official declaration to leave on principle of not wanting to hold back any sting to her words against deetractors, while you pretty much went up and said you're dead.

Not that I personally thought you were gone myself, but I can see how a lot of others made that mistake!

On an unrelated note, I'm a Troper and I gave this trope an image featuring a certain character.

Last edited:

FancySmash

Smash Lord
What's that? kirby_queen has, as said about the Squeaks in Squeak Squad, left for parts unknown?

My apologies that I wasn't there to see you off. If you do somehow see this, maybe just checking in one last time, I wish you the best wherever you go. To quote :4olimar: at the end of Pikmin 3, "Farewell, my comrades!"

On another note, I'm glad that you aren't really gone Reserved, I had made the same mistake from the posts I had seen. :laugh:

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
@ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure here is the music I was talking about.

Also I know it's 5:30 but hellllll let's make a moveset for my #1 newcomer (that i can actually expect.)

-------------------------------------------------

...NORMALS...
Jab: Very similar to Melee Link's jab. BWD thrusts the spear forward twice, before thrusting very rapidly ending in a final horizontal blow, launching the opponent sideways with very little vertical KB.
FTilt: Similar to D3's, without the spin. BWD thrusts the spear out as far horizontally as he can reach. If the opponent is struck close enough, there would be two hitboxes. One on the shaft, and one of the point as they are being launched.
UTilt: BWD tosses the spear a short distance directly above him before catching it again. This move would be powerful (for a tilt), and have substantial vertical reach, but as a tradeoff, very little horizontal range.
DTilt: BWD uses both of his 'hands' to swing his spear close to the ground in a sweeping motion. This move would have very little lag and would be ideal for edgeguarding. The very edge of this move can cause tripping.
DashAttack: Similar to Jigglypuff's. BWD does a running headbutt, sticking the spear in front of him horizontally.

...AERIALS...
Nair: BWD spins his spear and body around horizantally. Similar to Zelda and BowJr,
Fair: BWD swings his spear in an upwards vertical motion. Similar to BrawlD3.
Bair: BWD stabs his spear behind him in a straight, powerful motion.
Dair: BWD stabs the spear below him three times in rapid succession. First right, second left, and the third, directly down.
Uair: BWD twirls his spear above him like in RtDL. Think of Ike's Uair.

...SPECIALS...
B - Cannon Dee: Ala Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, BWD's bandana turns into a cannon and fires a ball, like BowJr. However, this cannon has less power, but is much faster.
SideB - Charge!!: BWD can charge up, then sprints forward thrusting the spear out many times, before thrusting it upwards in a vertical range.
UpB - Parasol Dee: BWD jumps up and readjusts his spear so that it is upside down, and a parasol head pops out the top, and he floats down gracefully. However, there is no hitbox at the parasol, but rather, there is one at the bottom of BWD, since the spear tip is now facing downwards.
DownB - MegaPOUND Punch: BWD can charge up, then he punches the ground, sending a shockwave (size depending on how long the move was charged) throughout the ground. The closer the opponent is to BWD, the more the damage. If the opponent is at the very edge of the shockwave's limits, they will trip.

Final Smash - Waddle Tank: BWD digs underground with his spear (if you're in the air, he flies straight down to the nearest platform... if there is nothing underneath him, you SD.) and pops back up with the Waddle Tank! You cannot jump in this form, but you can rotate the turret in any angle, enabling you to shoot anywhere on the screen. Also, if you touch an opponent, they are hurt and knocked back.

...GRABS...
Pummel: BWD bops the opponent with the shaft of the spear.
FThrow: BWD throws the opponent in front of him, then stabs the spear into them, knocking them back.
BThrow: BWD throws the opponent behind him, and he jabs them with the butt of his spear without looking back.
UThrow: BWD quickly sets the opponent of the tip of his spear, and jumps on the other end, catapulting them upwards and slightly forward.
DThrow: BWD puts his spear to the side and quickly megaton punches his opponent into the ground, sending them flying upward.

...NON ATTACKY THINGS N STATS...
Walk: #41 fastest walker. (right behind Kirby and in front of Dr. Mario.)
Run: #37 fastest runner. (right behind Kirby and in front of Lucario.)
Jump: 2 jumps.
Weight: #42-45 heaviest character. (on par with Fox, Pikachu, and Olimar)

...TAUNTS...
UpTaunt: BWD twirls his spear above him and floats off the ground a little bit.
SideTaunt: BWD shakes his arms side to side. (Like the GIF.)
DownTaunt: BWD flips his spear above his head and tries to catch it. If falls on his head however, and he is momentarily dazed.

--------------------------------

Wow that took a while.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
I just spent an hour and a half reading the results for 'Bandanna Dee' on the search box and dang we have a good view by everybody around here..!

Anybody need anything artwise made? I'm just sitting here.

D

Deleted member

Man GhostlyLure I'm really jealous how hard you are working right now make me feel really happy we have someone like you on the team :) also artwise huh will how about drawing( or should I say Drawcia-ing:awesome:) Bandana waddle dee have a spear fighting stance like this picture for example.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Man GhostlyLure I'm really jealous how hard you are working right now make me feel really happy we have someone like you on the team :) also artwise huh will how about drawing( or should I say Drawcia-ing:awesome:) Bandana waddle dee have a spear fighting stance like this picture for example.
Wow. That spear looks like it would snap in half if I breathed on it.
wait wtf I'm not gone

(Gasps) You're alive?!? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :awesome:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Thank you. I'm on it ;3

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
@ GhostlyLure GhostlyLure here is the music I was talking about.

Also I know it's 5:30 but hellllll let's make a moveset for my #1 newcomer (that i can actually expect.)

-------------------------------------------------

...NORMALS...
Jab: Very similar to Melee Link's jab. BWD thrusts the spear forward twice, before thrusting very rapidly ending in a final horizontal blow, launching the opponent sideways with very little vertical KB.
FTilt: Similar to D3's, without the spin. BWD thrusts the spear out as far horizontally as he can reach. If the opponent is struck close enough, there would be two hitboxes. One on the shaft, and one of the point as they are being launched.
UTilt: BWD tosses the spear a short distance directly above him before catching it again. This move would be powerful (for a tilt), and have substantial vertical reach, but as a tradeoff, very little horizontal range.
DTilt: BWD uses both of his 'hands' to swing his spear close to the ground in a sweeping motion. This move would have very little lag and would be ideal for edgeguarding. The very edge of this move can cause tripping.
DashAttack: Similar to Jigglypuff's. BWD does a running headbutt, sticking the spear in front of him horizontally.

...AERIALS...
Nair: BWD spins his spear and body around horizantally. Similar to Zelda and BowJr,
Fair: BWD swings his spear in an upwards vertical motion. Similar to BrawlD3.
Bair: BWD stabs his spear behind him in a straight, powerful motion.
Dair: BWD stabs the spear below him three times in rapid succession. First right, second left, and the third, directly down.
Uair: BWD twirls his spear above him like in RtDL. Think of Ike's Uair.

...SPECIALS...
B - Cannon Dee: Ala Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, BWD's bandana turns into a cannon and fires a ball, like BowJr. However, this cannon has less power, but is much faster.
SideB - Charge!!: BWD can charge up, then sprints forward thrusting the spear out many times, before thrusting it upwards in a vertical range.
UpB - Parasol Dee: BWD jumps up and readjusts his spear so that it is upside down, and a parasol head pops out the top, and he floats down gracefully. However, there is no hitbox at the parasol, but rather, there is one at the bottom of BWD, since the spear tip is now facing downwards.
DownB - MegaPOUND Punch: BWD can charge up, then he punches the ground, sending a shockwave (size depending on how long the move was charged) throughout the ground. The closer the opponent is to BWD, the more the damage. If the opponent is at the very edge of the shockwave's limits, they will trip.

Final Smash - Waddle Tank: BWD digs underground with his spear (if you're in the air, he flies straight down to the nearest platform... if there is nothing underneath him, you SD.) and pops back up with the Waddle Tank! You cannot jump in this form, but you can rotate the turret in any angle, enabling you to shoot anywhere on the screen. Also, if you touch an opponent, they are hurt and knocked back.

...GRABS...
Pummel: BWD bops the opponent with the shaft of the spear.
FThrow: BWD throws the opponent in front of him, then stabs the spear into them, knocking them back.
BThrow: BWD throws the opponent behind him, and he jabs them with the butt of his spear without looking back.
UThrow: BWD quickly sets the opponent of the tip of his spear, and jumps on the other end, catapulting them upwards and slightly forward.
DThrow: BWD puts his spear to the side and quickly megaton punches his opponent into the ground, sending them flying upward.

...NON ATTACKY THINGS N STATS...
Walk: #41 fastest walker. (right behind Kirby and in front of Dr. Mario.)
Run: #37 fastest runner. (right behind Kirby and in front of Lucario.)
Jump: 2 jumps.
Weight: #42-45 heaviest character. (on par with Fox, Pikachu, and Olimar)

...TAUNTS...
UpTaunt: BWD twirls his spear above him and floats off the ground a little bit.
SideTaunt: BWD shakes his arms side to side. (Like the GIF.)
DownTaunt: BWD flips his spear above his head and tries to catch it. If falls on his head however, and he is momentarily dazed.

--------------------------------

Wow that took a while.
A few pages back I heard you were an animator can u do one for bandana dee please

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
So Bandana Dee would join the ranks of other mute fighters like Villager.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
So I've been thinking of strategies to ensure Bandana Dee the highest possible chance of getting in. Tell me if any of these seem plausible.

Option 1. You guys should know by now that the Kirby fanbase is fractured and doesn't have a actual large site now (excluding the wiki), ever since rainbow resort went down, right? Seriously, the Kirby Fanbase is a massive manpower machine with completely untapped potential. What if we created it's (KRR'S) replacement, and used it as a massive propaganda machine? Obviously it would be a hard feat to accomplish, but it's certainly possible, no?

Option 2.
I honestly don't think Social Media will work (I hope it will though, and will still support it), despite championing the Hashtag and all. Why? Because once again, the Kirby fanbase is quite shattered, and most people on a social media website voting for who to smashify next already have a opinion formed, we can't change that. What we need to do is to grab the attention of the most Kirby fans possible, not everyone at the same time, we need to filter who were giving propaganda too. If anyone would happen to know of a place where there's a lot of Kirby fans, but isn't already related to smash heavily, please tell me. Because, if we can find some place like that, we should focus our propaganda efforts there, and we should branch out to smaller sites where the Kirby fan-bases remnants would be. Remember we still have giant numbers, they just aren't unified yet. If we can unify the fanbase to have just one desire, we'd be utterly unstoppable, we'd floor even Isaac and the great King K. Rool in the Ballot!

Please tell me what you think, I am not the best with English (more like the worst:p), so if something I said is unclear please ask me to clarify. Do you guys think either of these are plausible?

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
So I've been thinking of strategies to ensure Bandana Dee the highest possible chance of getting in. Tell me if any of these seem plausible.

Option 1. You guys should know by now that the Kirby fanbase is fractured and doesn't have a actual large site now (excluding the wiki), ever since rainbow resort went down, right? Seriously, the Kirby Fanbase is a massive manpower machine with completely untapped potential. What if we created it's (KRR'S) replacement, and used it as a massive propaganda machine? Obviously it would be a hard feat to accomplish, but it's certainly possible, no?

Option 2.
I honestly don't think Social Media will work (I hope it will though, and will still support it), despite championing the Hashtag and all. Why? Because once again, the Kirby fanbase is quite shattered, and most people on a social media website voting for who to smashify next already have a opinion formed, we can't change that. What we need to do is to grab the attention of the most Kirby fans possible, not everyone at the same time, we need to filter who were giving propaganda too. If anyone would happen to know of a place where there's a lot of Kirby fans, but isn't already related to smash heavily, please tell me. Because, if we can find some place like that, we should focus our propaganda efforts there, and we should branch out to smaller sites where the Kirby fan-bases remnants would be. Remember we still have giant numbers, they just aren't unified yet. If we can unify the fanbase to have just one desire, we'd be utterly unstoppable, we'd floor even Isaac and the great King K. Rool in the Ballot!

Please tell me what you think, I am not the best with English (more like the worst:p), so if something I said is unclear please ask me to clarify. Do you guys think either of these are plausible?
Sounds....DIFFICULT.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Bandana Dee should say
"I got a spear to clobbah dat DEEr Kirbeh!"

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021

Option 2.

Option 1 could work if we have anyone who can code in HTML, but i'm not sure if we do so it will be hard. Though the hardest part will be getting it out there and out to the kirby fanbase. But if we have enough determination and know hot to code then i'm sure we can get it done.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
@ Zerp Zerp
Making a successor to Rainbow Resort is near infinitely easier said than done for a group like us. If anything, I'm willing to bet some of the "elites" from over there will make one of their own in due time, on part of knowing many of the users there in the first place and therefore having a userbase to fill the forums after actually coding them.

As for social media, dude, are you frigging kidding me? That line of logic literally comes down to "To get more people on board with Bandana Waddle Dee, we need to bring our exposure to less people", which is outright absurd. Everyone includes Kirby fans. Kremling Kampaign has used social media and they've become the success they are today because of it. Social media and Kirby fanbase areas are the key to our success.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Something I just realized...is that they now use 3D model's for characters rather than drawn one like mine..

Rather than try to imitate it

I need to start making 3d things.It could help yet it could take longer for me to make it.

I've began thinking to start making artwork similar to KSSU (it's small so I'll keep it in the picture box)

This could mean I'll be rather absent for artwork related things for a while I rather make 1 quality picture rather than 10 ****ty ones like I've been doing...I will do better.

This also means my profile picture might change again...making to similar to my better art style stay alert friends.

Attachments

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

This could mean I'll be rather absent for artwork related things for a while I rather make 1 quality picture rather than 10 ****ty ones like I've been doing...I will do better.

This also means my profile picture might change again...making to similar to my better art style stay alert friends.
Trust me, your art is anything but crappy, if you want to see crappy look at my stuff :chuckle:. Good luck with the new picture!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Oh look, another deetractor... but it's just his opinion.

A really bad opinion.
Then he posted something like: "What? I'm not a kid!"
Yeah... sure, his profile picture is an ugly bird made with paint and his arguments are pathetic.

I will just ignore him.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Any way I can make myself useful today? I'd love to help make some propaganda, but I'm not sure what to make? Maybe a QR Code redesign? Or something else? Any requests appreciated!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Any way I can make myself useful today? I'd love to help make some propaganda, but I'm not sure what to make? Maybe a QR Code redesign? Or something else? Any requests appreciated!
As for QR code redesign how about Bandanna Dee's face like @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker Made it instead of the star?

Maybe a kool Banner for signatures I feel they one we have could be nicer and I feel your just the person for that artwork ;)

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
As for QR code redesign how about Bandanna Dee's face like @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker Made it instead of the star?

Maybe a kool Banner for signatures I feel they one we have could be nicer and I feel your just the person for that artwork ;)
I second this idea, actually. The face is really well done (I would see it as a Smash 4 stock icon, even), and much better personifies our cause than a mere star does.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Smash_Ballot (3).png
Moar_smash_ballot.png
All credit for the second one's Icon goes to @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker , I don't know who made the first one sadly, if anyone knows who made it I will gladly give credit where it's due. I made sure the QR codes are of the Twitter variety since, that's where were focusing right now, right? I'll also be trying to make a banner soon. Please ignore code at the bottom of post, it's a failed attempt that I mixed up and accidentally posted:laugh:.

Attachments

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
All credit for the second one's Icon goes to @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker , I don't know who made the first one sadly, if anyone knows who made it I will gladly give credit where it's due. I made sure the QR codes are of the Twitter variety since, that's where were focusing right now, right? I'll also be trying to make a banner soon.
The first one was made for a guy that is in the Special Thanks section from the OP.
But, I don't remember who XD

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
All credit for the second one's Icon goes to @ Manic Rykker Manic Rykker , I don't know who made the first one sadly, if anyone knows who made it I will gladly give credit where it's due. I made sure the QR codes are of the Twitter variety since, that's where were focusing right now, right? I'll also be trying to make a banner soon. Please ignore code at the bottom of post, it's a failed attempt that I mixed up and accidentally posted:laugh:.
I prefer #2 the one Manic made :3

RANDOM QUESTION:
What's your favorite Dedede theme?

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
The first one was made for a guy that is in the Special Thanks section from the OP.
But, I don't remember who XD
I'll check their post history until I find out who it was, thanks. Not giving credit where it's due is my pet peeve, so I'd be a giant hypocrite if I don't give credit soon.

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I'll check their post history until I find out who it was, thanks. Not giving credit where it's due is my pet peeve, so I'd be a giant hypocrite if I don't give credit soon.
@ Chandeelure Chandeelure Do you still have that image of Kirby, King Dedede, and Meta Knight going and leaving Bandana Dee behind?

Top Bottom