• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Burruni

Smash Hero
Keep on going, guys. With E3 around the corner, we're about halfway into our campaigning time.

Edit: There was meant to be an uploaded image here to help support... it isn't working.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Last edited:

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone! :kirby:

I am so sorry I missed this big turn-around here, I really should of been participating the whole time...
(Once summer vacation starts, I will be helping out as much as I can)!

A lot has happened in the 8 pages I have missed, changes for the good and... maybe bad in some cases.

But the support for Bandana (Waddle) Dee has skyrocketed throughout the past few days, which is amazing to see.

One, if the the biggest thing we can do is get Bandana (Waddle) Dee into Smashified.

Setting up official accounts for Bandana Dee is also very beneficial.

Whenever I get a chance, I vote for Bandana (Waddle) Dee for the ballot when I am outside of my usual area. If I had to guess, I would say that I have accumulated over 5 unique, and different votes for Bandana Dee, with new reasons each time for Sakurai and his team to hear WHY we want this character, and WHY he deserves to be in.

Throughout the 8 or so pages I have viewed, support has spiked tremendously, from pictures, to fan-made groups, to really anything, it's such an amazing thing to see where support for a character can go.

As @ Chandeelure Chandeelure said a while back, he likes (most) of these post because they all support Bandana Dee in ways the poster may not even realize. I think the same when everyone has contributed to this thread one way or another, every post means more pages to be added up, therefore becoming even a bigger, stronger group of supporters.

Now, this doesn't mean just posting random, completely out of the subject kind of things, but when it comes to someone new first experiencing: Bandana Dee, The Spear Master! Vote For Him On Smashbros.com. DeeLC Can Be Real!, They are viewing the massive support this character has.

Yes, the numbers may not be up there with say King. K Rool's thread, but we do have one of the strongest, biggest, and most loyal threads on all of the Smash Community!

Good events (Smash Ballot), bad events (Deetractors), all make us stronger in the end.

Whatever lies ahead, we may not know of... But what we do know, is that we CAN pull this off, we CAN make Bandana Dee one of the biggest, most suggested character in all of Smash Bros...

We just have to have the pride and loyalty to this character we want to have... No, that we NEED to have in Super Smash Bros.

We are strong enough to accomplish almost anything we want to...

And that being we need Bandana Waddle Dee, The Spear Master! To be chosen as the most deserved newcomer in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836

I am so sorry I missed this big turn-around here, I really should of been participating the whole time...

A lot has happened in the 8 pages I have missed, changes for the good and... maybe bad in some cases.

But the support for Bandana (Waddle) Dee has skyrocketed throughout the past few days, which is amazing to see.

One, if the the biggest thing we can do is get Bandana (Waddle) Dee into Smashified.

Whenever I get a chance, I vote for Bandana (Waddle) Dee for the ballot when I am outside of my usual area. If I had to guess, I would say that I have accumulated over 5 unique, and different votes for Bandana Dee, with new reasons each time for Sakurai and his team to hear WHY we want this character, and WHY he deserves to be in.

Throughout the 8 or so pages I have viewed, support has spiked tremendously, from pictures, to fan-made groups, to really anything, it's such an amazing thing to see where support for a character can go.

As @ Chandeelure Chandeelure said a while back, he likes (most) of these post because they all support Bandana Dee in ways the poster may not even realize. I think the same when everyone has contributed to this thread one way or another, every post means more pages to be added up, therefore becoming even a bigger, stronger group of supporters.

Now, this doesn't mean just posting random, completely out of the subject kind of things, but when it comes to someone new first experiencing: Bandana Dee, The Spear Master! Vote For Him On Smashbros.com. DeeLC Can Be Real!, They are viewing the massive support this character has.

Yes, the numbers may not be up there with say King. K Rool's thread, but we do have one of the strongest, biggest, and most loyal threads on all of the Smash Community!

Good events (Smash Ballot), bad events (Deetractors), all make us stronger in the end.

Whatever lies ahead, we may not know of... But what we do know, is that we CAN pull this off, we CAN make Bandana Dee one of the biggest, most suggested character in all of Smash Bros...

We just have to have the pride and loyalty to this character we want to have... No, that we NEED to have in Super Smash Bros.

And that being we need Bandana Waddle Dee, The Spear Master! To be chosen as the most deserved newcomer in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.
I like the way you write your posts with colored words XD
It makes you look so professional :dr^_^:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys I caved the other day and spent $50 to import a :4greninja: amiibo off of Play Asia, just like I did for my :4lucario: in February. The only other things I plan on buying this year video game related are Super Mystery Dungeon and Wooly World, so its not like I'm overpaying. Right? Right!?!? Nintendo plz don't make me do this for a Yarn Yoshi amiibo

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
Guys I caved the other day and spent $50 to import a :4greninja: amiibo off of Play Asia, just like I did for my :4lucario: in February. The only other things I plan on buying this year video game related are Super Mystery Dungeon and Wooly World, so its not like I'm overpaying. Right? Right!?!? Nintendo plz don't make me do this for a Yarn Yoshi amiibo
I think you over paid IMHO I would never spend more than 30-35 dollars tops on one of them It's a unfair race man with limited supply just try not to spend a single penny more

*I also have a game problem as well and I have enough to buy any game system + games I want for the next 2 months and I don't have a wii u or new 3DS. any advice on what to buy or what to do with it right now I'm saving it.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

This post actually gave me a headache from all the colors...I love it tho.

In other news I got us a new supporter :smirk:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I just went to order a Jigglypuff amiibo, then all my hope went down the ****ter when I saw the Etika video. Those sumbitches sold at 50 units PER MINUTE. Don't people have lives? I realize she's the second most popular Pokémon yet, but come on.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
This whole amiibo situation is ridiculous, if Bandana Dee gets in I'm sure his amiibo will be ultra rare and give a million headaches to the world. The fact that it even has a re seller market where things go from 12.99 to 50 + USD is insane. Thank God, my sick brother was able to get a Jigglypuff, for the rage I'd have if I didn't get mine would be quite unholy.
Can you believe the Greninja preorders sold out in under 15 minutes?

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I just went to order a Jigglypuff amiibo, then all my hope went down the ****ter when I saw the Etika video. Those sumbitches sold at 50 units PER MINUTE. Don't people have lives? I realize she's the second most popular Pokémon yet, but come on.
Blame scalpers

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
It's probably the scalpers wanting to make that easy money.. Such lousy people.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
In all seriousness, I wonder what goes in scalpers's heads. It's easy money sure, but it's also amoral money. Sadly it's super easy to make money off of scalping, just get a few clickbots and BAM! You already won.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
This whole amiibo situation is ridiculous, if Bandana Dee gets in I'm sure his amiibo will be ultra rare and give a million headaches to the world. The fact that it even has a re seller market where things go from 12.99 to 50 + USD is insane. Thank God, my sick brother was able to get a Jigglypuff, for the rage I'd have if I didn't get mine would be quite unholy.
If I heard right, Jigglypuff sold out in 5. The Target website had over 1,000,000 views. This is the second goddamn time this has happened! First Rosalina, now Puff. If they make Dr. Mario Walgreens exclusive or some ****, I will actually explode. I swear, Nintendo is doing this on perfect. Do you know how empty my shelf is? Do you know cold and lonely Mario and Luigi are without Jigglypuff and Rosalina there to talk to them? (Fanfiction writers, stay away.)

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
If I heard right, Jigglypuff sold out in 5. The Target website had over 1,000,000 views. This is the second goddamn time this has happened! First Rosalina, now Puff. If they make Dr. Mario Walgreens exclusive or some ****, I will actually explode. I swear, Nintendo is doing this on perfect. Do you know how empty my shelf is? Do you know cold and lonely Mario and Luigi are without Jigglypuff and Rosalina there to talk to them? (Fanfiction writers, stay away.)
Yeah. This is getting crazy.. This sorta crap happened back when Skylanders were first introduced.. I'm kinda ashamed Nintendo would let something like this happen... It's like they just winged it on the amount to produce, and went from there..

I see what you did there by the way... >_>

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I was checking to see how well our campaign was going, this is what I found.

madness.png

Perhaps that hashtag I made wasn't the best idea. Perhaps we should, uh, change it, maybe?

Does anyone happen to know if google trends is reliable? Because if it is, I have quite the treat for you guys!
Encouraging.png
Waddle Dee is Blue, King K.Rool is that flat line. Bandana dee sadly came up as a flat line too. Not sure if reputable.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I was checking to see how well our campaign was going, this is what I found.

Perhaps that hashtag I made wasn't the best idea. Perhaps we should, uh, change it, maybe?

Does anyone happen to know if google trends is reliable? Because if it is, I have quite the treat for you guys!
View attachment 55144 Waddle Dee is Blue, King K.Rool is that flat line. Bandana dee sadly came up as a flat line too. Not sure if reputable.
I looked up K Rool as a stand alone in general, and his interest is definitely unstable... but I noticed K rool searches spiked in April.. I bet you guys ANYTHING that was around the time he got smashified. It just shows how well that stuff does for the characters.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I looked up K Rool as a stand alone in general, and his interest is definitely unstable... but I noticed K rool searches spiked in April.. I bet you guys ANYTHING that was around the time he got smashified. It just shows how well that stuff does for the characters.
He was smashified may 4th, which makes me wonder, why on earth did he spike? Then again, I don't think google trends is reliable. At all.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
He was smashified may 4th, which makes me wonder, why on earth did he spike? Then again, I don't think google trends is reliable. At all.
Yeah...

Also, a little off topic, but I love how searching Splatoon in that yields a line that just shoots off into the distance tho.. XD

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
This post actually gave me a headache from all the colors...I love it tho.
Haha, I even had a little bit of a hard time separating all of the different light, dark, and just the colors in general! :chuckle:
(I'll edit it to make it less confusing, sorry about that, I was just really in the mood at the time)!

Off Topic: I just got the: I LOVE IT! Trophy. Thank you everyone for taking the time to enjoy my posts 500 times! :)

View attachment 55144 Waddle Dee is Blue, King K.Rool is that flat line. Bandana dee sadly came up as a flat line too. Not sure if reputable.
This is very interesting!

I tried this out myself, with results being over a time period of 12 months, so from June 2014 to June 2015...

Let's see how it turned out!

Waddle Dee is Blue, King K. Rool is Red:

Google Trends Results 1.jpg

Bandana Dee is Blue, King K. Rool is Red: .....

Google Trends Results 2.jpg

So... Bandana Dee doesn't appear at all compared to King K. Rool.

BUT! Waddle Dee dominates over King K. Rool.

This is good and bad. Good because Waddle Dee is more popular than King K. Rool.
And bad because Waddle Dee and Bandana Dee could be considered two different Dees...
But overall can be considered very similar.

Smashified will help Bandana (Waddle) Dee's chances no matter what!
It seemed to most likely spike King K. Rool's interest this year, so getting Bandana (Waddle) Dee into Smashified by late September (if it takes that long) will be a big increase in popularity.
100k potential viewers will only help us with support!

FancySmash

Smash Lord
RANDOM QUESTION:
What's your favorite Dedede theme?
...That's... not... a fair question. There are so many good Dedede Themes I can think of about... 5 off the top of my head.

There's the normal Dedede theme, that we hear quite often today, and has made itself a staple in Dedede's character, there's the one from Kirby's Dreamland, which is very similar to the modern one, but it's missing a part that the modern theme has. Then there's the theme from Kirby Super Star Stacker, a relatively unknown one, it's better known for it's remix, and the fourth Dedede theme I can think of, Masked Dedede, a fan favorite.

Lastly, at #5, there's the Fountain of Dreams from Nightmare in Dreamland. All are really good, but I think my favorites are the modern theme, and Masked Dedede.

Bandana Dee doesn't have a theme does he? Anything that prominently plays when he's around? I suppose we could go with this.

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I like Kirby Super Star Stacker's version of King Dedede's theme a lot. The music has a 3/4 time signature and is a very fast paced version of the theme, which is why I am very fond of it.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
...That's... not... a fair question. There are so many good Dedede Themes I can think of about... 5 off the top of my head.

There's the normal Dedede theme, that we hear quite often today, and has made itself a staple in Dedede's character, there's the one from Kirby's Dreamland, which is very similar to the modern one, but it's missing a part that the modern theme has. Then there's the theme from Kirby Super Star Stacker, a relatively unknown one, it's better known for it's remix, and the fourth Dedede theme I can think of, Masked Dedede, a fan favorite.

Lastly, at #5, there's the Fountain of Dreams from Nightmare in Dreamland. All are really good, but I think my favorites are the modern theme, and Masked Dedede.

Bandana Dee doesn't have a theme does he? Anything that prominently plays when he's around? I suppose we could go with this.

I hate Kirby's Dreamland version of King Dedede's theme. I mean, I love the tune, but it's too repetitive, that's why I like the modern version better. Catchy tune, without the repetitiveness. I don't like the bamboo flute remix of the modern version however.

As far as Kirby songs I like, I don't like many of them. I like the modern King Dedede's theme, C-R-O-W-N-E-D, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland's boss theme.
EDIT: That F-L-O-W-E-R-E-D remix a couple pages back was awesome though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I fear that all the DLC characters will be rare to find.

Also, Greninja preorders, without warning, went live at 1-3 in the morning.

I unfortunately had to buy Robin for $40, but it's not like his prices will be any better. So, after him, I'm done with this amiibo crap.

If Bandana Dee is playable, then may the Nintendo gods give us mercy on our souls for trying to get him.

D

Deleted member

I only paid about $10 extra than I would've for supporting scalpers, plus I get super cool Japanese box art. And yeah, I'm not buying anymore amiibo that will sell out like this, assuming Yarn Yoshi is in stock. And including my overpriced amiibo, I'm only looking to spend ~$200 this year on games which is pretty low for me anyway.

Also, does anybody know if Return to Dreamland is going to be released on the virtual console in NA? I need to play as my Bandana Deesus.

Top Bottom