• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
So I'm still testing out that new artstyle I was talking about yesterday and I was doing my little Artsy thing I noticed that with the effects I can add my picture can turn out better

Notice the lighting I did on my Bandanna Dee..It's very nice (IMO) this actually could help the future of how my pictures look.
With these few little effects I can change a lot about my picture...What do you guys think?

EDIT: I edited #WaddleOn....Looks WAY better

Attachments

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
http://strawpoll.me/4558267

OK, guys, we have a problem, #WaddleOn is associated with Club Penguin, so... we need another hashtag.
Please vote for your favorite or, if you want, give an idea.

I dunno what I can do. Maybe I should spam the ballot.
You can also visit all the Kirby related videos in Youtube (Kirby games, Kirby music, Kirby matches in Smash) and comment something like "Vote for Bandana Dee in the Smash fighter ballot!"

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My favorite Dedede theme is the one from Epic Yarn. The instruments are fantastic in that one.
As for hashtags, #DeeLC is probably the one to go with. Short, sweet, and to the point. Assuming it hasn't been used yet.

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

OK, guys, we have a problem, #WaddleOn is associated with Club Penguin, so... we need another hashtag.

You can also visit all the Kirby related videos in Youtube (Kirby games, Kirby music, Kirby matches in Smash) and comment something like "Vote for Bandana Dee in the Smash fighter ballot!"
I feel SpearTheVote kinda copies the Kremlings :/

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I like #DeeLC.

:231:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I personally voted for #BandanaBallot. Like others have said, it's definitely the more unique of the two. It comes with the added bonus that it already shows us results for both BWD and the Smash Ballot just to Google search it.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Yeah.. We don't want to seem like copy cats. that would make us look bad.

Also what ever happened to #FearDeeSpear? Was that too long or not good enough?
I simply threw the poll together with the first two names that came to mind, each from the thread I think.

If we made it a 3 or more choice poll, it'd take even longer to reach a consensus. We're trying to get everything set up to launch on Monday, so...

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I simply threw the poll together with the first two names that came to mind, each from the thread I think.

If we made it a 3 or more choice poll, it'd take even longer to reach a consensus. We're trying to get everything set up to launch on Monday, so...
Well if we are really in that much of a hurry, it would have to be #BandanaBallot then.

We do NOT want to look like we are copying another campaign's shtick... In the long run it would be a big hindrance, and it would get us unneeded hate from the Kremlings that could have been avoided otherwise... so it's best we don't do that XD

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Out of those choices #BandanaBallot seems better, but I'd rather have one that doesn't mention the ballot by name.

Yeah, sorry about that, I didn't know at the time, but I should have checked before hand. Because of my ignorance, I ended up stalling our campaign by not checking the hashtag beforehand. I will try my hardest to make up for this somehow, as my SAT and finals are finally over, so I'm free. Sorry.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! I bet some of you may have noticed my sudden silence earlier today. So.. what have I been doing these past several hours?

Well some of you may remember that cool sketch Chandelure brought up.

Well I liked it so much, that I decided to take a crack at GIVING IT COLOR. (Something I haven't done with a digital sketch before in gimp if I may add... So, I want to know what you all think!

Here is one without his spear, as I noticed it sorta obscures a bit of Bandana Dee, so I made a version without it.

There's the spear! You might notice it has changed a bit from the sketch, with blurs of the ribbon and the head of the spear visible in the blur.

There it is on a white background, just so you can see the contrast

And the last one has some more fancy lighting.

So. Opinions.. Is it any good? (Bare in mind this IS my first attempt at creating something from a digital sketch, soo yeah. If there are imperfections, thats why XD)

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hey everyone! I bet some of you may have noticed my sudden silence earlier today. So.. what have I been doing these past several hours?

Well I liked it so much, that I decided to take a crack at GIVING IT COLOR. (Something I haven't done with a digital sketch before in gimp if I may add... So, I want to know what you all think!

Here is one without his spear, as I noticed it sorta obscures a bit of Bandana Dee, so I made a version without it.

There's the spear! You might notice it has changed a bit from the sketch, with blurs of the ribbon and the head of the spear visible in the blur.

So. Opinions.. Is it any good? (Bare in mind this IS my first attempt at creating something from a digital sketch, soo yeah. If there are imperfections, thats why XD)
WTF!
This looks awesome!

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi

This is so good it hurt me.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Oh. I also just made a version without the sandbag too, so the little guy can be the focus of the shot as well!

Edit: Ignore that spoiler inside the spoiler... the spoiler always likes to bug out on my sometimes..

No lighting

Some lighting

A spear-less version

And a spear-less version with lighting

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well if we are really in that much of a hurry, it would have to be #BandanaBallot then.

We do NOT want to look like we are copying another campaign's shtick... In the long run it would be a big hindrance, and it would get us unneeded hate from the Kremlings that could have been avoided otherwise... so it's best we don't do that XD
What would make us copycats?

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
From different IP's... I mean there has to be something you can do....what are your skills..name anything really.
I can come up with slogons like Toss in the Spear or Waddle the Ballot. I can think of more overtime, but I'm going on vacation tomorrow with no internet.

I will do it when I get back.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
#WaddleOn isn't too bad, we just need to ignore the Club Penguin fan fic stuff, and make it anew!

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I forgot to say that I added the FB page to the OP, check it: https://www.facebook.com/bwdssb4?fref=ts
A friend liked the page and a person named Zakary already wrote a comment!
I will like it XD

We will probably make a Tumblr and also a Reddit account.

These are my choices too.
Reddit? Tumblr? biased kids? yup, its a shame im grouped with the immature kids, anyway I know a couple people at my school who know of smash bros, someone brought it up and when I said Bandana Dee he thought I said Banjo-Kazzoie :ohwell: I dunno if I can manipulate them into voting, maybe spamming my library?

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
https://www.facebook.com/bwdssb4?fref=ts

Which one of you is Zakary? (the guy who wrote the comment below my comment, I'm Angelo).
I want to know if he is one of you or if he/she is a person not related to Smashboards that just found the page.

I think #BandanaBallot is more effective.
Zakary? Who is that? That sounds like a ****ing dumb name... heh heh...

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Did another experiment using that Bandana dee thing I colored.

This thing was a PAIN to make, since I had to convert it piece by piece for it to come out right... XD

And with that, I'm all gimped out... I'm done for the day in terms of artwork lol

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Zakary? Who is that? That sounds like a ****ing dumb name... heh heh...
XD
You are Zakary?
It's not dumb, lol.
I mean, my cover photo is a bunch of potatoes.
Did another experiment using that Bandana dee thing I colored.

This thing was a PAIN to make, since I had to convert it piece by piece for it to come out right... XD

And with that, I'm all gimped out... I'm done for the day in terms of artwork lol
tumblr_mai172T6d71r1yhdwo1_500.gif

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I also found this
If only *sighs*

I have to say that that is a terrible fan game :glare:
It has an actual page on a Fantendo wiki
http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby's_Dream_Land_4
The guy who made it has an obvious bias against Bandana Dee :drfacepalm:
And a bias for Knuckle Joe :drwtf:
He even gave KJ his own unique gimmick for some reason :drshrug:
But thats just something made by a random guy on the internet, it doesn't really matter :p
Oh, and also :awesome:
:dr-_-:
EDIT: I also think that #BandanaDeeLC would be a better hashtag :ohwell:
It's short and It specifically says what we want :drshrug:

Last edited:
Top Bottom