• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Well my guess we probably WOULD see the little guy if the series started back up again..

God I miss that show ._.
Personally, I'd love to see a new show that's closer to the games in terms of spirit, tone, and characterisation. Something in the vein of Triple Deluxe would be absolutely incredible.

Call911imonfire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Call911imonfire
Personally, I'd love to see a new show that's closer to the games in terms of spirit, tone, and characterisation. Something in the vein of Triple Deluxe would be absolutely incredible.
Only if they bring back Texas plantation Dedede because, as a Texan, it speaks to me on a spiritual level.

And Escargoon sounding B-Dee?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
(If Bandana Dee had Escargoon's voice he'd be number one on every poll.)
I advise us all to vote here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LPb5kMPioVMxg8YgpjBYHKqzkxz95HEMS1PpNdJWzVQ/viewform

I mean look at those results, we are somehow losing to Petey Piranha, I REPEAT, PETEY PIRANHA of all characters!https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17vDXxEOrrkdJ94_Zh9vrL5V6mTDIcI6wir6hqpxbuO8/edit?pli=1#gid=0
If someone can enlighten me on how that happened, do tell.

The poll is from this thread, if your curious. http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ballot-poll-week-5-results-over-1-500-responses.405449/

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
(If Bandana Dee had Escargoon's voice he'd be number one on every poll.)
I advise us all to vote here https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LPb5kMPioVMxg8YgpjBYHKqzkxz95HEMS1PpNdJWzVQ/viewform

I mean look at those results, we are somehow losing to Petey Piranha, I REPEAT, PETEY PIRANHA of all characters!https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17vDXxEOrrkdJ94_Zh9vrL5V6mTDIcI6wir6hqpxbuO8/edit?pli=1#gid=0
If someone can enlighten me on how that happened, do tell.

The poll is from this thread, if your curious. http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-ballot-poll-week-5-results-over-1-500-responses.405449/
That thing looks fake, but OK, I will vote.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
That thing looks fake, but OK, I will vote.
I think the poor guy didn't put any anti voter fraud, like it would let someone vote as many times as they want, which would explain a few things.I mean Adeleine is higher than Paper Mario, and Petey Piranha as a whole is just sketchy. Regardless it's still a good idea to vote on something like this, as someone who doesn't realize it's fake may end up thinking BDee is as low as he is on that list, which wouldn't be the truth at all.

Troykv

Smash Master
I think the poor guy didn't put any anti voter fraud, like it would let someone vote as many times as they want, which would explain a few things.I mean Adeleine is higher than Paper Mario, and Petey Piranha as a whole is just sketchy. Regardless it's still a good idea to vote on something like this, as someone who doesn't realize it's fake may end up thinking BDee is as low as he is on that list, which wouldn't be the truth at all.
Is possible multiple votes in that poll.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Today I made a fun little discovery using some maths, If Kid Icarus has 3 reps with it's current sales, and you were to give Kirby the exact same treatment by using a rep per sale treatment, He'd get 35 reps, isn't that crazy? We should tell people this whenever they say adding a Kirby character would be a biased move :chuckle:.

Last edited:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Today I made a fun little discovery using some maths, If Kid Icarus has 3 reps with it's current sales, and you were to give Kirby the exact same treatment by using a rep per sale treatment, He'd get 35 reps, isn't that crazy? We should tell people this whenever they say adding a Kirby character would be a biased move :chuckle:.
Dear lord, let's not use the sales = character worthiness argument. It's a really, really good way to just completely deviate from discussion of characters being in Smash over just representatives. Smash is not about series representatives. Bandana Waddle Dee is the character we want. If we were merely asking for a Kirby representative, then none of us would be batting an eyelash at the thought of Magolor or Prince Fluff getting in before Bandana Waddle Dee.

I'm just saying, even as a joke, the amount of people that take sales as a series argument is appalling...

D

Deleted member

Hey guys sorry I didn't do post for sometime now I had things to do say E3 is coming up soon so I change my proflie pic too Bandana waddle dee so it can show are support how much we want him in the game so let change are profile pic for are support to bandana waddle dee in this year E3! :colorful:

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Why Sakurai?, with all this history, Why did you add 1000 versions of Green Greens and a terrible gigantic stage?
King Dedede's Theme: has two remixes.
Nightmare's Theme: Nothing
Dark Matter's Theme: Nothing
Marx's Theme: Remix. (I actually get a waltzy feel out of this song. With some circus splashed in.)
Zero (Forgive me if that's not Zero): Nothing
02: Nothing (I was surprised when I found out this was a Kirby boss)
A giant eye that's on fire (I don't know who that is don't kill me): Nothing (He has two themes!?!)
Drawica: I feel like I've heard this song before, but it wasn't in smash.
Yet another eye thingy (I assume it's still Drawica): Nothing
A really cool, star shaped portal (with an eye): Nothing
Yin Yarn: Nothing
Yin Yarn's Sewing Needles :awesome:: Nothing
The Zombie Skull (I thought Mass Attack was before Epic Yarn): Nothing
Magolor: Nothing
Magolor Soul: Nothing
Queen Sectonia: Nothing (might be too recent)
Sectonia Flower: Nothing
Sectonia Soul: Nothing
Dark Crafter: Nothing
Halfway through the thing I find the names of each boss in the video description...My names are better so I kept them. :p
In all seriousness unless I missed a bunch that's a lot of nothings on my list. So here is another:
Marx's Theme Remix: I want an epic, crazy waltz/circus style one, but that's just preference :3 (Brawl's remix is meh)
C-R-O-W-N-E-D (as is): Obviously
F-L-O-W-E-R Remix: I feel like this song as so much untapped potential
I find many of the other themes to be very repetitive... But they would be cool in a remix.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
King Dedede's Theme: has two remixes.
Nightmare's Theme: Nothing
Dark Matter's Theme: Nothing
Marx's Theme: Remix. (I actually get a waltzy feel out of this song. With some circus splashed in.)
Zero (Forgive me if that's not Zero): Nothing
02: Nothing (I was surprised when I found out this was a Kirby boss)
A giant eye that's on fire (I don't know who that is don't kill me): Nothing (He has two themes!?!)
Drawica: I feel like I've heard this song before, but it wasn't in smash.
Yet another eye thingy (I assume it's still Drawica): Nothing
A really cool, star shaped portal (with an eye): Nothing
Yin Yarn: Nothing
Yin Yarn's Sewing Needles :awesome:: Nothing
The Zombie Skull (I thought Mass Attack was before Epic Yarn): Nothing
Magolor: Nothing
Magolor Soul: Nothing
Queen Sectonia: Nothing (might be too recent)
Sectonia Flower: Nothing
Sectonia Soul: Nothing
Dark Crafter: Nothing
Halfway through the thing I find the names of each boss in the video description...My names are better so I kept them. :p
In all seriousness unless I missed a bunch that's a lot of nothings on my list. So here is another:
Marx's Theme Remix: I want an epic, crazy waltz/circus style one, but that's just preference :3 (Brawl's remix is meh)
F-L-O-W-E-R Remix: I feel like this song as so much untapped potential
I find many of the other themes to be very repetitive... But they would be cool in a remix.
02 had a remix in Brawl

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Only 3 of us ended up voting. We let Krystal and Shantae just go without opposition...

Booooo. I know we can do better than that, guys.
Hmm, Seems a lot of us here don't have twitter :/

I do..

How much you want to bet some of those are alts...I'm about to make a assload of accounts to favorite your tweets.

At this point Krystal wins...someone has a tweet with 227 FAVORITES...seriously.227.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Only 3 of us ended up voting. We let Krystal and Shantae just go without opposition...

Booooo. I know we can do better than that, guys.
Don't worry man if Artsy Omni can do a random character like Travis he will do bandana waddle dee in the future I can feel it!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Hmm, Seems a lot of us here don't have twitter :/

I do..

How much you want to bet some of those are alts...I'm about to make a assload of accounts to favorite your tweets.

At this point Krystal wins...someone has a tweet with 227 FAVORITES...seriously.227.
That's because he has 265.000 followers, I'm sure some of those people who favorited the comment don't even know who Krystal is. There is also a lot of guys posting like 5 comments per tweet, that's... not fair imo.

D

Deleted member

That's because he has 265.000 followers, I'm sure some of those people who favorited the comment don't even know who Krystal is. There is also a lot of guys posting like 5 comments per tweet, that's... not fair imo.
Dam it! if only we had a famous person on twitter that can ask for bandana waddle dee then omni getting to do bandana waddle dee would be so easy :sadeyes:.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
mm6ap.jpg

Is there any way we can hope to make ArtsyOmni aware of the fraudulent nature of the vote?

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
We won the last Smashified on Youtube.

I think fair went out the window awhile ago

:sadsheep:

On the other note we got a Nintendo Announcement from Sakurai

Not only am I making a gamefags (sorry gamefaqs) account right now but I'm crossing my fingers...We actually can be getting Bandanna Dee think about it...

-Dreamland Stage (Why...WHY!)

MY GOD I'M SO HYPE

IM MAKING A NEW BANDANNA DEE RENDER WITH MY NEW GRAPHIC STYLE!! IM SORRY...I'M SO HYPE..I NEED TO CONTROL MY CAPS

:disco:
:ness:

:happysheep:

Ok...I'm done.

D

Deleted member

We won the last Smashified on Youtube.

I think fair went out the window awhile ago

:sadsheep:

On the other note we got a Nintendo Announcement from Sakurai

Not only am I making a gamefags (sorry gamefaqs) account right now but I'm crossing my fingers...We actually can be getting Bandanna Dee think about it...

-Dreamland Stage (Why...WHY!)

MY GOD I'M SO HYPE

IM MAKING A NEW BANDANNA DEE RENDER WITH MY NEW GRAPHIC STYLE!! IM SORRY...I'M SO HYPE..I NEED TO CONTROL MY CAPS

:disco:
:ness:

:happysheep:

Ok...I'm done.
Ok I really want to know why in god name does the people at gamefaq are anti bandana dee!?! they keep saying he is an irrelevant characters to put in smash yet at the same time they keep asking for Adeleine........like what the ****! they **** on us for wanting bandana waddle dee in smash 4 yet at the same time they want a character that only appears in one game to be in smash 4(don't hate Adeleine BTW) do they not understand how two face and hypocritical they are?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
You should have a listen to the version from Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe. It is absolutely fantastic. (As I haven't yet gotten around to playing Kirby's Return to Dream Land, this is actually the first version I ever heard, though I have since listened to the original and I love that, too.)

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Ok I really want to know why in god name does the people at gamefaq are anti bandana dee!?! they keep saying he is an irrelevant characters to put in smash yet at the same time they keep asking for Adeleine........like what the ****! they **** on us for wanting bandana waddle dee in smash 4 yet at the same time they want a character that only appears in one game to be in smash 4(don't hate Adeleine BTW) do they not understand how two face and hypocritical they are?
It's gamefaqs my friend, it's not supposed to make sense, they rated Pikmin the lowest quality series in smash by a wide margin, even though the series averages 88.6 on metacritic(ports not included in rating):facepalm: (also known as, they didn't do any research whatsoever and just picked whatever they are unfamiliar with).

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Hey guys! You were probably wondering: "Where is Hypernovaguy64? Is he DEAD?!" You probably didn't think that. XD Anyway, I've been coming up with ways to get people to know about Bandana Dee... I got nuthins. :/ However, I do write stories and fanfictions. I'm GREAT at those. If anyone can come up with a way for me to help by story writing, I'm all ears. You won't regret it.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
In the mean time, while we did lose to the scummy Krystal voters, we have one thing to be happy about: Our campaign has officially launched today!

Today is Music Monday. Our first piece goes out to what would undoubtedly be one of the first choices of music used for Bandana Waddle Dee's trailer.
If you guys know any good remixes or just plain music in general that has something to do with BWD, feel free to post about it. We may just use it for the next Music Monday!

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
If anyone can come up with a way for me to help by story writing, I'm all ears. You won't regret it.
Perhaps you could try you hand at a short tale which ends on a cliffhanger requiring Bandana Waddle Dee to join the rest of the Kirby quartet in Smash, and finish it up with a slogan or a line about where and why to vote for him?

If you guys know any good remixes or just plain music in general that has something to do with BWD, feel free to post about it. We may just use it for the next Music Monday!
Two suggestions;

1: The theme from Megaton Punch, since that was where Bandana Waddle Dee debuted.

2: The Masked Dedede theme from Revenge of the King, in Kirby Super Star Ultra, as that's where BWD got his first major role, and was set in stone as Dedede's right-hand man and a main character who has appeared ever since.

Last edited:

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
Perhaps you could try you hand at a short tale which ends on a cliffhanger requiring Bandana Waddle Dee to join the rest of the Kirby quartet in Smash, and finish it up with a slogan or a line about where and why to vote for him?

Two suggestions;

1: The theme from Megaton Punch, since that was where Bandana Waddle Dee debuted.

2: The Masked Dedede theme from Revenge of the King, in Kirby Super Star Ultra, as that's where BWD got his first major role, and was set in stone as Dedede's right-hand man and a main character who has appeared ever since.
I got it. Creativity Skills, ACTIVATE. When I'm done, I'll give you all a file, and publish it to FanFiction.net!

Top Bottom