• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Yeah, I forgot about Miiverse, that would be cool too.

Then we're already off to a good start. Right Reverend Deacon Father MarioMeteor, at your service. I'm sure we've already weeded out the weak ones, so I think it's safe to assume that everyone here is willing to put in work and/or contribute to the Dee Movement, is it not?
But before we get into all that ****, I must admit that Godfather has one point: we aren't very organized. It's mostly been people randomly shouting out ideas. Some structure wouldn't hurt.
OK, organization...

First thing.

Let's create a new Twitter account with and the hashtag.
Who wants to create it? You will only need an e-mail and a password that will be known for the most responsible members.
@XenoBrawler610 ?
I'm asking because I can't, my e-mail is already in use XD

Also... can you help us with the organization, @ God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin ?
And yeah, we will listen to your ideas now.

Maybe, @Reserved can help?

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
"Vote Bandana Dee for smash 4 DEELC https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ why you ask? click on this link here and Mister Chandelure will tell you all in full details http://smashboards.com/threads/band...im-on-smashbros-com-deelc-can-be-real.324430/ remember Bandana Dee he is NOT a "goomba with a bandana" he is his own character that deserve too be in smash 4 please help and support bandana waddle dee".....is this better?
The removal of the colourful language is a big improvement, but conciseness is good for getting the campaign to stick in people's minds.

I'm a King K. Rool supporter also (and I'll say here, he got my ballot vote, but I'll shift that to Bandana Waddle Dee if or when K. Rool sees success), and I believe that the "Kroc The Vote" slogan works wonders, as it's short, catchy, and also riffs off of an existing slogan from elsewhere which at least some of the audience may already know.

Anything but #SomethingTheVote. We don't need to copy King K. Rool
I agree, it may not be a good idea to derive a slogan from someone else's campaign (I don't think that spoofing a slogan from another medium is necessarily a bad thing, though) - we don't want to appear like an off-brand knock-off, right?

As an aside, Popsi Cola, anyone? Perhaps some Doreekos? ;)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about #VoteBandanaWaddleDee4DEELC? is this a good hashtag?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
If you don't mind me making suggestions: #WaddleOn, is catchy, memorable, and short. Not only that, but the slogan makes it easy to tell who it is we support without naming him.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If you don't mind me making suggestions: #WaddleOn, is catchy, memorable, and short. Not only that, but the slogan makes it easy to tell who it is we support without naming him.
I vote for this hashtag!

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I don't have a Twitter, I suppose I could do it.
That would be cool, but remember that you will have to share the e-mail and password with some of us.

Maybe we can create a completely new e-mail.

That's pretty original.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I like this one better.
Alright. And the e-mail would be?
BandanaDee@ [insert email engine here].com

PS: I finished my post.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
OK, so, the hashtag will be #WaddleOn, the e-mail will be the Bandanadeelc@gmail.com (the name of this one is not that important), but we will need it to create the Twitter.
The name of the Twitter will be Bandana Dee Smash 3DS/Wii U, if you don't like it you can make a suggestion.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Seems I'm going to have to spell "Bandanna" like you "normal" people.
Very well. As for the Twitter, how bout "Bandana Dee Smash 4," instead of "Smash 3DS/Wii U?" It's important that these type of things be short and sweet. Too many words turns some people off. Sadly, some people are dumb that way.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Very well. As for the Twitter, how bout "Bandana Dee Smash 4," instead of "Smash 3DS/Wii U?" It's important that these type of things be short and sweet. Too many words turns some people off. Sadly, some people are dumb that way.
Yeah, or maybe Waddle Dee Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

"Vote Bandana Dee for smash 4 DEELC https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ why you ask? click on this link here and Mister Chandelure will tell you all in full details http://smashboards.com/threads/band...im-on-smashbros-com-deelc-can-be-real.324430/ remember Bandana Dee he is NOT a "goomba with a bandana" he is his own character that deserve too be in smash 4 please help and support bandana waddle dee #WaddleOn" I'm going to spam this on every smash 4/Kirby related video now anything I need to fix guys?

Last edited by a moderator:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
The only problem with advertising with miiverse is the whole place if filled to the brim with idiots. People will give us backlash for trying to do so and ignore the counter arguments. The only good place to advertise would be in splatoon, posts are more noticeable among the thousands of memes, especially with the graffiti feature really makes it stand out. Social media is also good.

While I do enjoy this little kirby social thread we should actually make a kirby social thread for this group, we need to work to get bandana dee and this twitter thing is a great idea. We should focus on getting bandana dee known and out there, now that we know he has a chance.

Also can anyone link me to the twitter? will it be a group thing were you message us the password and we all post on it or is it just a one person thing?

this also means less memes for me.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
lol. Both are correct, so it doesn't matter how you spell it. Also:
I think most people here spells it "Bandana".

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Yeah, or maybe Waddle Dee Smash 4.
With all due respect, no. As Helmslock stated, we're trying to emphasize the fact that Bandanna Dee is not just an average Waddle Dee, but rather a unique one. "Waddle Dee" is too general and would only fuel the deetractor's argument that B. Dee isn't unique.
lol. Both are correct, so it doesn't matter how you spell it. Also:

I think most people here spells it "Bandana".
I only spelt it "Bandana" because that's how everybody here spells it. I was brought up spelling it "Bandanna."

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
"Vote Bandana Dee for smash 4 DEELC https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/ why you ask? click on this link here and Mister Chandelure will tell you all in full details http://smashboards.com/threads/band...im-on-smashbros-com-deelc-can-be-real.324430/ remember Bandana Dee he is NOT a "goomba with a bandana" he is his own character that deserve too be in smash 4 please help and support bandana waddle dee #WaddleOn" I'm going to spam this on every smash 4/Kirby related video now anything I need to fix guys?
It's cool.
T

Also can anyone link me to the twitter? will it be a group thing were you message us the password and we all post on it or is it just a one person thing?

A group.
I got it. #FearTheSpear
This is also cool, we can use this for another thing.
With all due respect, no. As Helmslock stated, we're trying to emphasize the fact that Bandanna Dee is not just an average Waddle Dee, but rather a unique one. "Waddle Dee" is too general and would only fuel the deetractor's argument that B. Dee isn't unique.
It's OK, I only said Waddle Dee is a little shorter and it's also his name in his most recent game.
Maybe casuals will recognize more the name Waddle Dee.
I don't know, Bandana/nna Dee is fine.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I been meaning to ask this what is this "deetractor's" everyone keep talking about?

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
I'm surprised you guys didn't do another dee in that second tag suggestion XD

"#FearDeeSpear"

Yeah I been meaning to ask this what is this "deetractor's" everyone keep talking about?
Detractors are people that try to pick apart support threads. Basically trying to throw points against the campaign to discourage it's growth. An example would be... "Bandana dee wouldn't have a good moveset pool!" (That is just an example of course as that is easily coverable). These people will go to great lengths to detract from threads. I've seen in some cases users saying to various campaigns for some female characters (like shantae for example) the characters are "too sexual"... ya know, cause boobs.. (And we know that's a bunch a crock with :4zss: being a thing...)

They generally do this out of fear that the character(s) may steal "slot(s)", and prevent their character from getting in... which is a foolish, and downright pathetic view. We know how the roster set up goes folks. There is no need to shamelessly bash other support threads. We have just as much of a right to be here, but they have as much of a right to be here as well. There is no need to turn this into a political war.. Lets be sure to keep it clean, and organized.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I like the idea of sharing an email account with each other for the Twitter account, but I think a select few, trustworthy people should be given the password.

I also like #WaddleOn. It's short, catchy, and works.

However, I think that you should go by his full name, Bandana Waddle Dee, to reach more audiences and so that we can be more specific on who we are referring to.

Bandana Dee detractors.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
How about: Bandana DeeLC 4 Smash 4.

:3
I'll just stick with "Bandanna Dee Smash 4." That seems to be a pretty good amalgation of all the suggestions.
It's OK, I only said Waddle Dee is a little shorter and it's also his name in his most recent game.
Maybe casuals will recognize more the name Waddle Dee.
I don't know, Bandana/nna Dee is fine.
Really, it's Nintendo's fault for not clarifying that. It was "Bandana Waddle Dee" in Triple Deluxe, and I'm going to assume more people have played Deluxe than Rainbow Curse, so yeah.
People who are against B. Dee. It's a pun on "detractor."
I've already got the password in my head, so I'll PM it to a select few people if that's OK with you, Chandy. Can I call you Chandy?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
We can make a lot of puns with Dee XD
Maybe that will be useful.

I like the idea of sharing an email account with each other for the Twitter account, but I think a select few, trustworthy people should be given the password.

I also like #WaddleOn. It's short, catchy, and works.

However, I think that you should go by his full name, Bandana Waddle Dee, to reach more audiences and so that we can be more specific on who we are referring to.
Yeah, we will select a few responsible people.

Bandana Waddle Dee would be more complete and appropiate, but it's also too long.
Hmmm...
I'll just stick with "Bandanna Dee Smash 4." That seems to be a pretty good amalgation of all the suggestions.

Really, it's Nintendo's fault for not clarifying that. It was "Bandana Waddle Dee" in Triple Deluxe, and I'm going to assume more people have played Deluxe than Rainbow Curse, so yeah.
People who are against B. Dee. It's a pun on "detractor."
I've already got the password in my head, so I'll PM it to a select few people if that's OK with you, Chandy. Can I call you Chandy?
Yeah, make a conversation and I will tell you what to do in it.
Yeah, Chandelure, Chandy, Bandana Dee lord, Angelo, it's fine.
Burruni likes to call me Chandy sometimes XD

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
He was also called Waddle Dee in Kirby's Return to Dreamland.
We can make a lot of puns with Dee XDee

Bandana Waddle Dee would be more complete and appropiate, but it's also too long.
Hmmm...

Burruni likes to call me Chandy sometimes XDee
Fixed :awesome:

Enderman1021

Smash Ace
NNID
Enderman1021
The only problem with advertising with miiverse is the whole place if filled to the brim with idiots. People will give us backlash for trying to do so and ignore the counter arguments. The only good place to advertise would be in splatoon, posts are more noticeable among the thousands of memes, especially with the graffiti feature really makes it stand out. Social media is also good.

While I do enjoy this little kirby social thread we should actually make a kirby social thread for this group, we need to work to get bandana dee and this twitter thing is a great idea. We should focus on getting bandana dee known and out there, now that we know he has a chance.

Continuation of last post: (because i'm too lazy to edit this into the post I just made and I want people to see this)

Convincing people who don't know who to vote for to vote for bandana dee can also be another way to advertise and get support. things like my squid boards bandana brigade can also tell people, vote for bandana dee.

We shouldn't do things like go into other threads for other characters or videos and say "vote for bandana dee!" it would be like that guy who said vote for magolor. it will also attract deetractors.

speaking of deetractors we will definitely get the attention of detractors, the best thing to do is just ignore them and delete there comments if you can, making arguments wont make us look professional.

We should go onto sites like: the kirby subreddit, or any kirby fansites that still exist because most have died horrible deaths, or the smash subreddit are good places to go.

we definitely shouldn't go to places like 4chan or 8 chan or funny junk, people on there are rude and only want be mean.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
We can make a lot of puns with Dee XD

Hmmm...

Burruni likes to call me Chandy sometimes XD
So, you're real name is Angelo? I always did like that name. I got stuck with King. Some say it's a cool name, but...meh. I suppose it's unique.
But enough name tangents, I'll get to that conversation.
speaking of deetractors we will definitely get the attention of detractors, the best thing to do is just ignore them and delete there comments if you can, making arguments wont make us look professional.
Actually, that's another thing. As much as I hate to admit it, Godfather was right about the whole shooting down or ignoring Deetractors thing. We'll look more professional if we calmly address the arguments, and counter them.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Quick off-topic thing: That #Waddleon slogan makes me think of the album "Walk On" by Boston for no reason

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I'm the sonnuvagun that spoke to Chandelure about this, by the way. @Swampasaur to thank as well for giving me the extra push to speak up.
Also... can you help us with the organization, @ God Robert's Cousin God Robert's Cousin ?
And yeah, we will listen to your ideas now.
A good amount of my idea-base already been stated, either in our conversation or in the form of someone else giving their own input within the last page, but I'm not done yet. I want to see Bandana Waddle Dee in Smash, without a doubt. We have a darkhorse candidate to end all darkhorse candidates, and I don't want to see that go to waste. If we can't hit an actual place in Smash, then we can at least do the next best thing: Make our outcry for BWD a loud, understood if not outright respected campaign, and let Bandana Waddle Dee sit as one of the most requested characters in all of Smash Bros., right up there with ballot's behemoths like Banjo and Shovel Knight. It'll leave a lasting impression on the ballot, and make BWD's popularity very well known by the time Smash 5 starts development.

Smashified Bandana Waddle Dee is perhaps the biggest immediate course of action we can hope for right now.
http://smashifiedart.com/
Everyone who can, tweet to Omni something along the lines of "Please Smashify Bandana Waddle Dee!"
https://twitter.com/smashified
Don't be afraid to send requests throughout his YouTube channel as well.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9d6eQjf__r5gyH4GHRssg/featured
As well as his DeviantArt.
http://hextupleyoodot.deviantart.com/
He's done big names like Rayman and K. Rool alongside Klonoa and even the protagonist of the Mother 4 fan-game currently in development. At over 100k views in each video, he's our first step to getting DeeLC out. If he's fine with breathing life into the likes of the latter two, then his perception of who will realistically get into Smash is not a factor, only the amount of requests he receives.

In the meantime, we can also be doing some major analysis for how to get our campaign going. If we can get many of our users into other character threads and study, ask, and observe what it is that makes their own campaigns successful and their mindset within the threads in a contributive manner, we can learn from that and replicate that here. It wouldn't hurt to look for allies as well, in terms of promising to help out with others' campaigns in supporting those characters if we can get mutual support just the same. This one won't be as black-and-white, and obviously we'll need to do a good job to make sure we remain respectful so as to not outright spam the other threads, but this kind of home-recon will go a long way if we can sharpen our tools here at the home of everything DeeLC. Chandelure, if you could contact some of the other thread owners, we can get a start in attempting the above. A lot of them go to a social group I'm in, so I'll be sure to give word of what we're trying to accomplish here.

Finally, if anyone has any Japanese connections, that would be invaluable to us. BWD seems to be much more popular there than he is in the West. If we can somehow unite our efforts with those fans overseas, we'll be in a really good position in grabbing all of this momentum.

Let's try our best, folks. We literally have only 4 months left before the ballot closes. What comes after that isn't going to matter anywhere nearly as much as what we do now. I want to work hard to make this happen and I hope everyone else does too.

Last edited:

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Continuation of last post: (because i'm too lazy to edit this into the post I just made and I want people to see this)

Convincing people who don't know who to vote for to vote for bandana dee can also be another way to advertise and get support. things like my squid boards bandana brigade can also tell people, vote for bandana dee.

We shouldn't do things like go into other threads for other characters or videos and say "vote for bandana dee!" it would be like that guy who said vote for magolor. it will also attract deetractors.

We should go onto sites like: the kirby subreddit, or any kirby fansites that still exist because most have died horrible deaths, or the smash subreddit are good places to go.

we definitely shouldn't go to places like 4chan or 8 chan or funny junk, people on there are rude and only want be mean.
In the thread that is of course one thing. However one doesn't necessarily have to just take the abuse. An organized response politely deflecting the detractor's claims can easily shut them down. As I have stated in the Shantae thread.. everyone has a breaking point. You can only come up with so many strawman detractions before you start running out of ideas, and try to pull out of the tussle. (For example, the "it's pointless to argue" statements, and similar responses.. once you get those, you have them pinned.)

So, to everyone else, I'll show you how to deal with detractors without causing too large of a riot. The fact of the matter is, sometimes ignoring the arguments can do more harm than good. They plant a seed against the campaign, and fool people into thinking something about the character that actually isn't true. (I was actually fooled into believing something about Snake once upon a time.. Another well educated user on this forum corrected my erroneous thought though.) This is ESPECIALLY likely on larger media sites, like youtube for example. (This applies to all campaigns actually, and can be used to prevent false information from spreading around..) Anyway:

- Pay attention to the situation. If they are just saying things like "I just don't think <insert character> will get in" or "I'm not a fan of <character>", there is no need to start a confrontation. What you really need to look for are the strawman arguments and other detractions. That is when you prepare to engage the user.

- Politely, and calmly take on the user's claims. Use the real solid evidence and counter arguments to shoot down the detractions, but not necessarily through cursing (Cursing is NEVER the way to make a point... It just makes you look stupid, and reflects badly on the campaign as well..)

- If the user prepares more arguments, proceed to picking those apart. If they try to continue to hoist their arguments like they are fact, even though you just shot them down, politely bid them farewell, and just leave it be. There is no reason trying to argue with a troll. What matters is that you planted your seed of reason. Most will see that response, and will know better, thanks to your efforts.

-If the former happened, continue to press on until you reach that inevitable checkmate. They will eventually start trying to pull out of it by saying the likes of "There is no point in arguing" or something like that. When they stop giving arguments, its not that they don't want to argue.. it's just they have ran out of ammo to argue with.. You have just shut them down.

All in all, the most important thing to take out of all this: Be calm, be smart, and be polite. If you shut down the arguments politely, things will be fine.

Edit: sorry for the typos XD

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
In the thread that is of course one thing. However one doesn't necessarily have to just take the abuse. An organized response politely deflecting the detractor's claims can easily shut them down. As I have stated in the Shantae thread.. everyone has a breaking point. You can only come up with so many strawman detractions before you start running out of ideas, and try to pull out of the tussle. (For example, the "it's pointless to argue" statements, and similar responses.. once you get those, you have them pinned.)

So, to everyone else, I'll show you how to deal with detractors without causing too large of a riot. The fact of the matter is, sometimes ignoring the arguments can do more harm than good. They plant a seed against the campaign, and fool people into thinking something about the character that actually isn't true. (I was actually fooled into believing something about Snake once upon a time.. Another well educated user on this forum corrected my erroneous thought though.) This is ESPECIALLY likely on larger media sites, like youtube for example. (This applies to all campaigns actually, and can be used to prevent false information from spreading around..) Anyway:

- Pay attention to the situation. If they are just saying things like "I just don't think <insert character> will get in" or "I'm not a fan of <character>", there is no need to start a confrontation. What you really need to look for are the strawman arguments and other detractions. That is when you prepare to engage the user.

- Politely, and calmly take on the user's claims. Use the real solid evidence and counter arguments to shoot down the detractions, but not necessarily through cursing (Cursing is NEVER the way to make a point... It just makes you look stupid, and reflects badly on the campaign as well..)

- If the user prepares more arguments, proceed to picking those apart. If they try to continue to hoist their arguments like they are fact, even though you just shot them down, politely bid them farewell, and just leave it be. There is no reason trying to argue with a troll. What matters is that you planted your seed of reason. Most will see that response, and will know better, thanks to your efforts.

-If the former happened, continue to press on until you reach that inevitable checkmate. They will eventually start trying to pull out of it by saying the likes of "There is no point in arguing" or something like that. When they stop giving arguments, its not that they don't want to argue.. it's just they have ran out of ammo to argue with.. You have just shut them down.

All in all, the most important thing to take out of all this: Be calm, be smart, and be polite. If you shut down the arguments politely, things will be fine.

Edit: sorry for the typos XD
Very well said, my home skillet. We should all take this to heart.
Y'all like my new pic?

Last edited:
Top Bottom