• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
First of all, we need some Bandanna Dee fireworks. Second, we'll need a helicopter with a giant banner of Bandanna Dee that says "Vote 4 DeeLC." Lastly, and most importantly, a rented billboard that has the loudest, most eccentric picture of B. Dee that currently exists, complete with strobe lights and flashing neon text. If you have any of the following items, meet me in Washington D.C. at 7:00 P.M.
Excuse me! How did you get ahold of my to-do list?!

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Anyway.. speaking of kirby, what would Kirby's bandana dee transformation look like? Would it just be him with his blue bandana?

D

Deleted member

"My personalities had scattered away into so many places.
I had to gathered them back one by one.
At the same time, we had to helped each other
to get through the dangerous situations.

Then we finally finished the quest of being one
...by the power of Mass Attack.
My braveheart, shining star, is back at its old place.
I feel I'm myself once again.
I feel so warmed and overwhelmed... " By MaewRS

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

*Sees alerts*
Ooo, somebody liked my post!

.Oh wait, its on page 175 and @ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 liked it… I'll come back when my notifications are over 9000.

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
Why couldn't King Dedede ever be a threat in the show like he is in the games?
Ironically, Dedede in the show was pretty much out to get kirby. He HATED the little guy and wanted him gone. In the games most of the time he is either misunderstood, or is being possessed.. as lets face it, the big guy is easily possessed XD

Burruni

Smash Hero
Ironically, Dedede in the show was pretty much out to get kirby. He HATED the little guy and wanted him gone. In the games most of the time he is either misunderstood, or is being possessed.. as lets face it, the big guy is easily possessed XD
Dedede was jealous of Kirby's popularity and how much he was cared for

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Well, the only good guard he has is Bandana Dee, as when he was kidnapped in Triple Deluxe, most of his Waddle Dee's attempting to protect him were easily taken out (aside from the one that was missed by the attack, which promptly hid behind Dedede as a Toad would with Peach). I don't see it as unlikely that Waddle Dee's would fail to protect Dedede from Dark Matter either.

On the same note, Dedede is quite capable of defending himself. Why does he have Waddle Dee guards again?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Well, the only good guard he has is Bandana Dee, as when he was kidnapped in Triple Deluxe, most of his Waddle Dee's attempting to protect him were easily taken out (aside from the one that was missed by the attack, which promptly hid behind Dedede as a Toad would with Peach). I don't see it as unlikely that Waddle Dee's would fail to protect Dedede from Dark Matter either.

On the same note, Dedede is quite capable of defending himself. Why does he have Waddle Dee guards again?
Probably has to do with his laziness, that fat couch potato can't be bothered to do his own work, so he gets others to do it instead, he's the king, he shouldn't have to work or defend himself, or at least that's what he thinks.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Probably has to do with his laziness, that fat couch potato can't be bothered to do his own work, so he gets others to do it instead, he's the king, he shouldn't have to work or defend himself, or at least that's what he thinks.
So he's a less competent, less intimidating, and less powerful version of the MCU version of Thanos

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
A loooooooooooooong time ago I wrote a short story about how King Dedede purposely allowed himself to become possessed so that Kirby wouldn't. He was keeping Kirby safe from Dark Matter wanting him back. At the time I had the idea they they were possibly connected in origin since Kirby was a demon/round/powerful. It no longer exists but it's one perspective I found interesting.

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Makes sense, although he's shown times when he isn't always so lazy, such as in Gourmet Race, Dedede Tour, and Kirby's Adventure (going out of his way to stop Nightmare his own way). Perhaps his laziness depends on his mood?

Also, if Dedede is ever MIA, is Bandana Dee the next to inherit the throne? I've always assumed that Bandana Dee was next in line being Dedede's personal assistant, and Dedede not having an heir.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Also, if Dedede is ever MIA, is Bandana Dee the next to inherit the throne? I've always assumed that Bandana Dee was next in line being Dedede's personal assistant, and Dedede not having an heir.
I kinda headcanon that Bandana Dee and the remaining dreamland heroes (Ribbon, the animal buddies, Gooey, Adeline) band together to defend Dreamland while Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight are off livin' la vida loca at the Smash Mansion during the tournaments

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Makes sense, although he's shown times when he isn't always so lazy, such as in Gourmet Race, Dedede Tour, and Kirby's Adventure (going out of his way to stop Nightmare his own way). Perhaps his laziness depends on his mood?

I've always assumed it would be Meta Knight, but if that was true he probably wouldn't need to usurp his throne in Revenge of Meta knight, so now that I actually am thinking about it, your probably right. Bandana Dee would make a weird, and wildly incompetent king though (Not that DeDeDe is much better).

FancySmash

Smash Lord
I've always assumed it would be Meta Knight, but if that was true he probably wouldn't need to usurp his throne in Revenge of Meta knight, so now that I actually am thinking about it, your probably right. Bandana Dee would make a weird, and wildly incompetent king though (Not that DeDeDe is much better).
Yeah, I mean, Dedede tries though... sometimes... does breaking the Star Rod count?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
He HATED the little guy and wanted him gone.
Not really. When he thought he actually did kill Kirby, he went to his funeral and broke down crying. He gets pissed at him, sure, but he values the rivalry that he and Kirby have. In his own sick, twisted way, he cares about Kirby.

D

Deleted member

Well, when your position is "king," I expect that he would be a big target.

I think Kirby misunderstands him sometimes because he views Dedede as an enemy at times, thinking that he is the cause of the problem. I do find it miraculous how King Dedede finds out about disasters way ahead of time, such as Nightmare and Tabuu.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Well you know what he says...

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
King Dedede isn't bad or an enemy. The anime is very off character for the sake of humor. King Dedede is a rascal and a rival but he CARES about dreamland. This is an aspect of his personality that Sakurai has tried to push more than once when he was as the helm of a game. Once in Adventure in regards to protecting the fountain of dreams, and second time in SSE where he was coming up with badges to keep people from turning into trophies.

Also even though Dedede LOVES to challenge Kirby it's because he has grown to enjoy Kirby's rivalry. At first it seems that King Dedede is stealing food just to be an asshole in the 1st dreamland and maybe he is but this happens around the time that Kirby is not considered a citizen of Dreamland yet. According to Melee trophy "A denizen of the far-off, peaceful planet Pop Star, Kirby became a citizen of Dream Land after defeating King Dedede. Even though he's only about eight inches tall, Kirby is an extremely skilled technician. He has the ability to absorb the powers of his enemies, and his elastic body makes him a versatile adventurer."

Maybe it's no coincidence that Dedede was first aggressive with him at the start. Dedede seems keen and wary of Nightmare related invasion in the games.

However since their first battles, Dedede has been saved various times by Kirby and Dedede himself has saved Kirby. Dedede actually LOVES Kirby. When he find Kirby in SSE he tackle hugs his little puffy friend and drags him off on adventure. In K64 he lets him rind his back and carries him, and in Triple Deluxe, Kirby loves King Dedede as well, jumping excitedly when he's free from Taranza and grabbing his hands. They still fight but they are also close friend/rivals now. This is a much different characterization than the anime ever had and one of he reasons I think the anime isn't really very canon.

It also one of the reasons I love the Kirby games especially when there's not much dialogue or story, because regardless of all that, through just a bit of story and subtle changes across games, we're still given character depth and development. We're also given a unique protagonist and antagonist relationship in video games. No other characters have changed and are depicted this way.

D

Deleted member

Say guys are you all disappointed that Nightmare is not a staple character as the main villain in the kirby series? what I mean is that in the anime he was made out to be a big deal the nightmare enterprises and his own legion of minions and when I found out he only appear in one game I was so disappointed I mean a villain name "Nightmare" who invaded "dreamland" sounds like a major staple villain right? "sigh" the people at HAL should do more with him IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Say guys are you all disappointed that Nightmare is not a staple character as the main villain in the kirby series? what I mean is that in the anime he was made out to be a big deal the nightmare enterprises and his own legion of minions and when I found out he only appear in one game I was so disappointed I mean a villain name "Nightmare" who invaded "dreamland" sounds like a major staple villain right? "sigh" the people at HAL should do more with him IMO.
Yes.
I wanted him to get the kind of treatment people say Zero is getting.
I wanted many appearances of Nightmare, the thing that SHOULD be the natural evil against all of Dreamland, in many different forms but always kept iconic by that ****ing face of his.

Top Bottom