• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Yeah, sorry about that :lol:
But don't worry, It's all over :dr^_^:

at least for now
Man, seeing the dub reminds me of pre-Brawl when I thought Dedede would have his Texas accent.

Voice toggle when?
Wanna hear Latin Dedede's voice? :troll:
Skip to 4:33
His voice was really different in comparison to the North American one :dizzy:
"Kirby Air Ride U: When the Nruffs fly" when HAL?

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Wanna hear Latin Dedede's voice? :troll:
Skip to 4:33
His voice was really different in comparison to the North American one :dizzy:
I sorta wanna know what his german voice is (if he has one), but I know I'll be disappointed that he won't have a baverian accent.

Hypernovaguy64

Smash Lord
NNID
Warpstar64
"I NEEDUH MONSTA TA CLOBBA DAT DAIR KIRBEH!"

"THAT'S WAT WII DUE BEHST AT EN-EMM-EE..."

"U BETA GET ET BAK WIT A MANEY BACK GURANTEEEE!"

:troll:
How can I help you King DDD?

I need a double cheeseburger extra spicy!

That's what we do best at KFC.

Don't ask for the receipt, you might get it free!

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Has King Dedede ever sounded normal? He sounded like a kaiju at first, then suddenly, Texas Car Dealership Spokesman King Dedede.

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
Hey, I just realized something... if Kirby is canonically 8 inches... that means that Adeleine is an incredibly small girl XD

What about Samus?
Her official height is 6'3"
I'm not really sure if it matters but still
I don't think that kirby is really 8 inches
He is most likely 8 DREAMLAND Inches, different to normal human inches (?)

Last edited:

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
I've been looking for something different, and came across some pretty humorous Kirby confessions, here are some ones that stand out! :

Magalar: @ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 :troll:

"I knew Magolor’s name and status as an endboss before I knew anything else about him, so before I played RtDL, I thought he was a tall, intimidating warrior, like the Evil Knight from Computer virus. Instead, I got an animal crossing villager".

-
-
-

Meta Knight: (This is more of a theory, but I guess this guy may haven't wanted to share it, being it's something that's like 50/50 & may have reasons de-bunking it).

"I have a theory. What if the reason that meta knights eyes are a misty white when he has his mask off is because he’s actually blind? I mean think about it. His visor has a yellow tint which is the reason his eyes look yellow with his mask on and same with when kirby copies him in smash, his eyes become green. I figure maybe he lost his eyesight in the war and that the mask has some technology that allows him to see which also explains why he never takes it off."

-
-
-

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror / Master Hand & Crazy Hand

"Master Hand and Crazy Hand book the Candy Constellation as their vacation home between Smash Tournaments."

Last edited:

Chalo5000

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0104-1645-4836
I've been looking for something different, and came across some pretty humorous Kirby confessions, here are some ones that stand out! :

Magalar: @ Chalo5000 Chalo5000 :troll:

"I knew Magolor’s name and status as an endboss before I knew anything else about him, so before I played RtDL, I thought he was a tall, intimidating warrior, like the Evil Knight from Computer virus. Instead, I got an animal crossing villager".

-
-
-

Meta Knight: (This is more of a theory, but I guess this guy may haven't wanted to share it, being it's something that's like 50/50 & may have reasons de-bunking it).

"I have a theory. What if the reason that meta knights eyes are a misty white when he has his mask off is because he’s actually blind? I mean think about it. His visor has a yellow tint which is the reason his eyes look yellow with his mask on and same with when kirby copies him in smash, his eyes become green. I figure maybe he lost his eyesight in the war and that the mask has some technology that allows him to see which also explains why he never takes it off."

-
-
-

Kirby & The Amazing Mirror / Master Hand & Crazy Hand

"Master Hand and Crazy Hand book the Candy Constellation as their vacation home between Smash Tournaments."

I seriously don't know why everyone thought that Magolor was gonna be Marx 2.0, that was really paranoic (says the guy who thought that Elline was Paintra in disguise and was trying to resurrect Drawcia)
I hate Magalor :glare:

Meta Knight being blind is actually possible and I think that could be really cool
Also, War?, Technological Mask?
Kirby deepest lore XD

So, that means that Kirby killed Master and Crazy during their vacations? :drflip:
Nintendo makes no sense, I love it.
The best thing is that Samus's appearence is most likely canon
She gave Kirby a Rainbow Drop, which Kirby used against Dark Matter and Zero
I'm still waiting for a crossover with Metroid, that would be awesome :dr-_-:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
That would be definitely one of my favorite games.
I can see it being a really cute buddy comedy, Samus is the ultra-serious no-nonsense type, and Kirby is the laid-back, cheery type.
It's like when Batman and Superman team up.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
dang, now I want that too, lol.
would swallowing a Zombie enemy give Kirby a Zombie ability though? O.O
Hey, Sailor!
Hmm maybe, Kirby would probably transform into a zombie or lose some health.
You would need to use abilities to kill them, or other characters like Dedede, Meta Knight and Bandana Dee XD

The only thing I know is that I want another Kirby game for the Wii U, one with normal gameplay and multiplayer.

Last edited:

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet
Maybe that's why I like Mass Attack so much :awesome:

My underrated Kirby opinion is that I love Kirby Mass Attack. *10 Mini-Flame Shields Activate*

My first play-through I thought it was a ok game, average at best, but once I got into a Kirby-Craze Marathon not too long ago, once I re-played through Mass Attack, I completely changed my opinions unexpectedly and loved every minute of it, haha.

The mini-games really bring out a big highlight of the game, and that's why I go back to it frequently.

Most of the bosses are really fun to play through, even the less-designed, more simple ones are fun to just beat up with 10 individual/grouped Kirbys.

There really is tons of content to unlock as well, and again the mini-games are such a great icing on the cake for the game as a whole.

And just the game-play in general is so fun just to play through. I don't know what about it makes it so much fun to play as (maybe it's just because you have a mini-army of Kirbys at your will), but it might just be my certain play-preference in video games.

But overall, Kirby Triple Deluxe was such a great game as well, I really think the Kirby series doesn't have a bad game that everyone disagrees on.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
You know what I want to see in the next Kirby Wii U game?
All Copy Abilities return-Who doesn't want this? Especially if they all get revamped so that they are actually useful.
Copy Fusions return-This would be so awesome. It probably wouldn't happen though, it'd take so long to make that many abilities.
All Animal Friends return-I don't think there are very many people who don't want this either.
Helpers return-This would be so awesome! To me especially because I love having a second party member helping out.
Bandana Dee, King Dedede, and Meta Knight become playable again-This quartet of heroes needs to happen again.
Player 1 can choose who he plays-This should be in every game. Player 1 shouldn't be restricted to Mario or Kirby.
All Helpers can be playable-You can't tell me that you don't want to play Poppy Bros. Jr., or Bonkers or something. This needs to happen.
Give all this a story and great music and it's insta-awesomeness!
Now you will want something that will never happen MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!............................(Sobs)

Manic Rykker

Smash Lord
You know what I want to see in the next Kirby Wii U game?
All Copy Abilities return-Who doesn't want this? Especially if they all get revamped so that they are actually useful.
Copy Fusions return-This would be so awesome. It probably wouldn't happen though, it'd take so long to make that many abilities.
All Animal Friends return-I don't think there are very many people who don't want this either.
Helpers return-This would be so awesome! To me especially because I love having a second party member helping out.
Bandana Dee, King Dedede, and Meta Knight become playable again-This quartet of heroes needs to happen again.
Player 1 can choose who he plays-This should be in every game. Player 1 shouldn't be restricted to Mario or Kirby.
All Helpers can be playable-You can't tell me that you don't want to play Poppy Bros. Jr., or Bonkers or something. This needs to happen.
Give all this a story and great music and it's insta-awesomeness!
Now you will want something that will never happen MUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!............................(Sobs)
Kirby's return to the return to dreamland? :D

...Ok I'll see myself out.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
After listening to the Cookie Country theme on loop for over ten hours as I run tests on the things I'm working on, I can confidently say I hate this theme. Like, listening it around six hours in, I try to get into it and my head just starts hurting...

Luckily, once I finish coding this BRSAR Patcher, I won't have to listen to the theme ever again.

*hint hint*

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
After listening to the Cookie Country theme on loop for over ten hours as I run tests on the things I'm working on, I can confidently say I hate this theme. Like, listening it around six hours in, I try to get into it and my head just starts hurting...
And the best part is........... You get to listen to it in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U! :awesome:...............(Why this and no C-R-O-W-N-E-D?)

MetaKobra

Smash Cadet

Luckily, once I finish coding this BRSAR Patcher, I won't have to listen to the theme ever again.

*hint hint*
Sounds like you're working on something pretty huge!

But... You know you're starting to really get tired of a song (especially on loop) when you pick up on the slightest beats/patterns you would never really notice. (Cookie Country has about 3 noticeable "tick" sounds every second for about 3/4 of the song, which I could see gets really repetitive after 6 hours). :laugh:

(I usually listen to video game music while working on projects, and those really do have noticeable patterns to them most of the time).

And An Interesting Fact: Video Game Music is designed to help you concentrate!

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:laugh:
(I usually listen to video game music while working on projects, and those really do have noticeable patterns to them most of the time).

And An Interesting Fact: Video Game Music is designed to help you concentrate!
I believe that is just why they have those underlying patterns. That way you will subconsciously pick them up and play to the beat, helping you focus and immerse youtself more.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I had to turn off the music in Smash 4 as it messes up my Dance Trot and Perfect Pivot timing as Marth. I use the sound and rhythm of the analog stick to use tech skill in Smash, so music ends up screwing the timing.

Anyways, that's unrelated. I need every little tiny detail ever possible about the old cancelled Gamecube Kirby game. @ kirby_queen kirby_queen , it's your time to shine. This is actually a bit far, though. I need every video, screenshot, article, developer talk, etc. regarding the game. Screenshots and videos are especially important for seeing how the game was styled in terms of aesthetics, emotions, animations and more.

GO GO GO.

also new avi hype

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
I kinda like the way they say Dedede in the german dub :drwtf:
That's sorta what I expected. His voice is very generic and doesn't stand out among others, which is very common in german dubbing. Everyone sounds the same.

A baverian accent would be the german equivalent of a texan accent, since it's often assoziated with right-wing and narrow-minded people. But I'm betting the reason they didn't use that is because it's a very heavy dialect that can even trip up some german-speaker.

(Also there's wonderfully flamboyant german accents, but Escargoon sounds really generic. This is why I dislike german dubs. The only memorable voice I've ever heard in one was Meowth.)

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I had to turn off the music in Smash 4 as it messes up my Dance Trot and Perfect Pivot timing as Marth. I use the sound and rhythm of the analog stick to use tech skill in Smash, so music ends up screwing the timing.

Anyways, that's unrelated. I need every little tiny detail ever possible about the old cancelled Gamecube Kirby game. @ kirby_queen kirby_queen , it's your time to shine. This is actually a bit far, though. I need every video, screenshot, article, developer talk, etc. regarding the game. Screenshots and videos are especially important for seeing how the game was styled in terms of aesthetics, emotions, animations and more.

GO GO GO.

also new avi hype
As far as I know there's really only one video trailer for he cancelled Kirby game that was shown of at one e3 AGES ago, never to be mentioned again.

The only trailer known

the Kirby Wikia page has a bunch of info, some trivia, and quite a few unique screenshots

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby_GCN

examples - more in the above link

Knuckle Joe, Scarfy

Waddle Dee

Parasol Kirby, Golem

[more screencaps in the above link]

This articles with the developers from RTDL might give insight to evolution of Kirby game cube to RTDL. Screen shot of other cancelled attempts and information from the developers

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/kirby-dream-land/0/0

Iwata
During that time, screen shots were shown and release dates went unannounced for a long time. Then the Nintendo GameCube system changed to the Wii console. Miyamoto-san says that video games are something you never really complete. It's hard when a game simply refuses to come together.

Kawase
We wanted to bring it out when the fans wanted, but the movement wouldn't feel right or we wanted to deliver more of a surprise to the fans, and we couldn't bring one out in final form. We experienced that difficulty for 11 years.

----

Here's another articles about Kirby Game Cube. Though it basically links to the same stuff and information I have. The same screens shots, the interviews from everyone behind RtDL, and one e3 trailer that exists

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/09/kirby-adventure-gamecube-unreleased/

As far as I know that's all the info out there. There are no other videos of the game since it's e3 trailer, since development and release date remained under wraps since it's reveal. It remained in the darkness up until Epic Yarn (11 YEARS GUYS OMG I WAS DEAD AND DYING) was revealed as the next Kirby game.... than finally RTDL trailer.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
As far as I know there's really only one video trailer for he cancelled Kirby game that was shown of at one e3 AGES ago, never to be mentioned again.

The only trailer known

the Kirby Wikia page has a bunch of info, some trivia, and quite a few unique screenshots

http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Kirby_GCN

examples - more in the above link

Knuckle Joe, Scarfy

Waddle Dee

Parasol Kirby, Golem

[more screencaps in the above link]

This articles with the developers from RTDL might give insight to evolution of Kirby game cube to RTDL. Screen shot of other cancelled attempts and information from the developers

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wii/kirby-dream-land/0/0

Iwata
During that time, screen shots were shown and release dates went unannounced for a long time. Then the Nintendo GameCube system changed to the Wii console. Miyamoto-san says that video games are something you never really complete. It's hard when a game simply refuses to come together.

Kawase
We wanted to bring it out when the fans wanted, but the movement wouldn't feel right or we wanted to deliver more of a surprise to the fans, and we couldn't bring one out in final form. We experienced that difficulty for 11 years.

----

Here's another articles about Kirby Game Cube. Though it basically links to the same stuff and information I have. The same screens shots, the interviews from everyone behind RtDL, and one e3 trailer that exists

http://www.unseen64.net/2008/04/09/kirby-adventure-gamecube-unreleased/

As far as I know that's all the info out there. There are no other videos of the game since it's e3 trailer, since development and release date remained under wraps since it's reveal. It remained in the darkness up until Epic Yarn (11 YEARS GUYS OMG I WAS DEAD AND DYING) was revealed as the next Kirby game.... than finally RTDL trailer.
I kinda want that game now.

Top Bottom