• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
And besides, this is Smashboards, not 4Kids.
I dunno, man. There's pleanty of words I'd usually say, but can't say here.
Like **** or **** or ass or **** or ****.
I do know a word that doesn't get censored, but I won't say it so I don't get warned.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I have come back from playing smash! I figured I should stop when I got 2 stocked.....but someone named butt.......with a king Dedede.........that spammed Gordos. :facepalm:

What did I missed guys?
Did everyone enjoyed my likes? :troll:
@ MarioMeteor MarioMeteor
@Jiggly
@ Flying_Skitty Flying_Skitty
@TehEpicRyuga
On an unrelated note, I still have to see that Japanese Direct because I was sleeping
But that Chibi Robo amiibo already tells me that is gonna be good :dr^_^:
and im not done liking stuff
You can run but you can't hide from Chalo5000's wall of likes! Muahahahahahahahahah-(coughs)

You made me cry.
You miss Snake don't you? :p

D

Deleted member

QOTD: Is Bandana Dee a kid or a squid?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Chibi-Robo gets amiibo, ANYONE CAN HAVE AMIIBO.

CUSTOM ROBO AMIIBO, WADDLE DEE AMIIBO, FIRE EMBLEM "I fight for my waifu/Husbando" AMIIBO AND EVERYSINGLE FREAKING GAME THAT NINTENDO MADE. Can be a Amiibo.

I really want a Waddle dee amiibo. With really pointy spear.
Waddle dee amiibo can learn faster than any other amiibo.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Whatever causes the most mayhem. And besides, this is Smashboards, not 4Kids. I don't think anybody is going to mind me saying "Bazooka."
And suddenly, I have the urge to steal Dedede's hammer and whack you for even bringing the name of that demonic company here. :4dedede:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
But they dubbed the Kirby anime.

Which gave us Kentucky King Dedede, the best thing to happen to the kirby series.
True that, but the same can't be said for what they had done for the other potentially good series.

*Experiences horrible memories of the Pirate Rap and the 4Kids National Anthem*

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I dunno, man. There's pleanty of words I'd usually say, but can't say here.
Like **** or **** or *** or **** or ****.
I do know a word that doesn't get censored, but I won't say it so I don't get warned.
Hm. Point taken. Although I have to question why they censor some of the words they do. Maybe my friend that I want to shout out's name is ****. Maybe I went to a farm and saw an ass.
And suddenly, I have the urge to steal Dedede's hammer and whack you for even bringing the name of that demonic company here. :4dedede:
You could try, but Lord Jigglypuff wouldn't like that. :4jigglypuff:
You made me cry.
Gun.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
True that, but the same can't be said for what they had done for the other potentially good series.

They gave us Sonic X and Kirby Right Back At Ya!'s theme song. But the unholy things they did to Dragon Ball Z Kai...

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416

It's not really the voice actors that are at fault (for the most part), it's more about some of the dumb dubbing decisions they made. Honestly, I think people exaggerate how bad they were.

But I think we can all agree that at the end of the day we can laugh at some "jelly-filled donuts".

Last edited:

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
I actually love mario and sonic at the Olympic games :ohwell: why do people hate it?

I think Bandee is getting extremely popular, hes on pretty much every voting list

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
It's not really the voice actors that are at fault (for the most part), it's more about some of the dumb dubbing decisions they made.
Agreed. 4kids actually had some *Somewhat* decent voice actors (I still really like Mike Pollock as Eggman, Ted Lewis was actually really funny as Dedede, and Dan Green isn't horrible, over the top, yes, but not a horrible voice actor)

Also: one of the 4kids regulars (Andrew Rannels) went on to do work on broadway (He was in that "Book of Mormon" musical that the South Park creators made)

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I don't know if I'm biased, but I really think the lack of a Waddle Dee trophy is something good.
There is a Parasol Waddle Dee trophy in Smash 3DS. Curiously, Waddle Dees are also mentioned in the text for the Waddle Doo trophy.

I just snapped these from my 3DS (the text is from the UK version, which has a different translation to the North American one - I don't know how different that is, though). Take a look;

Why did sakurai make dedede sound like Satan O_____O!?!
According to the column that this article is quoting, Sakurai opted to give animal characters animal-like voices this time around. What Dedede got was a filter that both makes his voice sound deeper and thus more in line with current Kirby games, and which is also meant to sound like a noisy penguin of a particular type.

From the article;

Another question Sakurai addresses: “What was the reason to not have human-sounding voices for some of the characters?”

Characters like Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Dedede have had human-sounding voices in cartoons. That being said, Sakurai says that when it really comes to it, they have animal sounding voices.
Now, listen to the sounds made by Little Blue Penguins, which also happen to be the species of Earth penguin that is closest to Dedede himself (with the tallest specimens being 16" tall - Dedede's height), on this page. From this, you can see what he was going for. ;)

Please pardon my combined Dedede and general penguin nerdery, everyone! :laugh:

Does anyone else have a strong desire for a Kirby line of Amiibo?
Yes. Little plush ones like the Yoshi's Woolly World ones, but not knitted-style.

I'm dreaming that we'll see them alongside the one or two Kirby game annoucements (Kirby 64 3D, and a new home-console title with the usual playable quartet) that I hope to see at E3. :smash:

But I think we can all agree that at the end of the day we can laugh at some "jelly-filled donuts".
You've got to give it super-emphasis! Like so;

But I think we can all agree that at the end of the day we can laugh at some "jelly-filled DONUTS!!".
:b:

Agreed. 4kids actually had some *Somewhat* decent voice actors (I still really like Mike Pollock as Eggman, Ted Lewis was actually really funny as Dedede, and Dan Green isn't horrible, over the top, yes, but not a horrible voice actor)
I really disliked the decision to go the "Oil Tycoon Dedede" route, but I have to agree that Ted Lewis (whose decision it probably was not) is genuinely funny in the role.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think Bandee is getting extremely popular, hes on pretty much every voting list
Is that true? Because I only see voting lists full of characters like Shantae, Bayonetta, Geno, Banjo, and other characters hmmm... that are like... those, ugh.

There is a Parasol Waddle Dee trophy in Smash 3DS. Curiously, Waddle Dees are also mentioned in the text for the Waddle Doo trophy.

I just snapped these from my 3DS (the text is from the UK version, which has a different translation to the North American one - I don't know how different that is, though). Take a look;

Yeah, I know :B
I only said normal Waddle Dees don't have trophies, and that's weird.

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, I know :B
I only said normal Waddle Dees don't have trophies, and that's weird.
Ohh! I understand! Yeah, you know, actually, that is really weird, isn't it? I never noticed it before...

Still, at least now the photos are there for easy reference. Along with my penguin nerdery. :laugh:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Oh yeah, I forgot, 4Kids gave us the 2nd voice cast for Sonic. You know, the good ones. I think for that, they can be forgiven.
When you said Lord Jigglypuff, I immediately imagined Jigglypuff with Doctor Doom's mask and cloak on.
And now I want Doompuff to be a thing.
Lord Jigglypuff is a little inside joke we have going on. But I'm picturing Jigglypuff with a mask and cloak, and it's hilarious.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I forgot, 4Kids gave us the 2nd voice cast for Sonic. You know, the good ones. I think for that, they can be forgiven.

Lord Jigglypuff is a little inside joke we have going on. But I'm picturing Jigglypuff with a mask and cloak, and it's hilarious.
Good ones? Gonna have to disagree. I wasn't a big fan of the 4kids Sonic cast outside of one, maybe two exceptions. I like the current cast a lot more (All though that may be because it's composed mostly of really talented voice acting veterans (Troy Baker, Travis Willingham, Roger Craig Smith, etc.)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So, I was just thinking, anyone else think Big Forest is an underated song?

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Good ones? Gonna have to disagree. I wasn't a big fan of the 4kids Sonic cast outside of one, maybe two exceptions. I like the current cast a lot more (All though that may be because it's composed mostly of really talented voice acting veterans (Troy Baker, Travis Willingham, Roger Craig Smith, etc.)
Talented or not, they sure don't show it when they act. With the exception of the former two, I really like Baker's Espio. Willingham I'm kinda mixed on. I think I like Dan Green a bit more, though. Tails' voice is a HUGE improvement, and Rouge's is OK. Sonic, Shadow (especially), and Silver, however, don't sound nearly as good as they did before. Shadow sounds good in Shattered Crystal, but everybody else sounds bad or not as good as before.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
I actually love mario and sonic at the Olympic games :ohwell: why do people hate it?
You mean i'm not the only one who likes the olympic games?!
At least the 2012 olympics, one of my favorite wii games.
Fortunately, We're getting new characters this time!

Also, what would be your guys and gals reaction to a Mario Kart Pack, now with more Kirby!
-3 chars (A veteran MK chars; Kirby; Bandana Dee\ Meta Knight\ King Dedede)
- a Air Ride track (i'll leave it to you all to invison it since i never played Air Ride........pls don't kill me....)
-
a Warp Star based kart

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Also, what would be your guys and gals reaction to a Mario Kart Pack, now with more Kirby!
- a Air Ride track (i'll leave it to you all to invison it since i never played Air Ride........pls don't kill me....)
-
a Warp Star based kart
I'd be happy to a degree, but nowhere near as happy as I'd be with, say, a 3DS follow-up to Air Ride, as long as that hypothetical follow-up kept all of Air Ride's delightful lunacy (seriously, just look at some of the City Trial challenges!), and had Dedede playable from the start. ;)

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
I'd be happy to a degree, but nowhere near as happy as I'd be with, say, a 3DS follow-up to Air Ride, as long as that hypothetical follow-up kept all of Air Ride's delightful lunacy (seriously, just look at some of the City Trial challenges!), and had Dedede playable from the start. ;)
I looked up.... Dang that looks fun!
Let's hope the rerelease it alongside some other GC gems when they finally announce GC games on the VC.

D

Deleted member

Nintendo's only racing game will be Mario Kart, so Air Ride 2 has no chance. They're just silently putting everything else under Mario's cap *cough* F-Zero *cough*

- Sad :falcon64: fan

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I looked up.... Dang that looks fun!
It really, really is. It's also a riot with multiple players, and I was really happy when Smash Run turned out to be a descendant of it.

I've said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again here, it's a real shame that Kirby Air Ride was scuppered by poor marketing choices - it was a really bad idea to try to pitch it as a Mario Kart-alike, instead of focussing on the main part of the game, which is City Trial.

Let's hope the rerelease it alongside some other GC gems when they finally announce GC games on the VC.
Already hoping! Day one insta-buy.

Nintendo's only racing game will be Mario Kart, so Air Ride 2 has no chance. They're just silently putting everything else under Mario's cap *cough* F-Zero *cough*

- Sad :falcon64: fan
Yeah, I know... Air Ride 2 will remain a dream. :c

Also, I'm not the world's biggest F-Zero fan myself (I like the series, but wasn't interested in some installments), but you're not the only one who's sad about that, by any means - I'd love to see it return.

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
-
a Warp Star based kart
I would ecstatic, I've wanted Kirby DLC for Mario Kart 8 since Link was revealed! :colorful: Kirby fits in Mario Kart like a glove anyway, it almost feels like he should already be there.
Now all I'd want afterwards is some Pokemon dlc, too bad Gamefreak won't let that ever happen.:crying:

I'd imagine the course chosen would be Green Greens, but I'd rather they do the crazy thing, and make city trial a mode.

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
It really, really is. It's also a riot with multiple players, and I was really happy when Smash Run turned out to be a descendant of it.

I've said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again here, it's a real shame that Kirby Air Ride was scuppered by poor marketing choices - it was a really bad idea to try to pitch it as a Mario Kart-alike, instead of focussing on the main part of the game, which is City Trial.
One thing i don't get about that game is the roster though.... only Kirby, MK and King Dedede?

I would ecstatic, I've wanted Kirby DLC for Mario Kart 8 since Link was revealed! :colorful: Kirby fits in Mario Kart like a glove anyway, it almost feels like he should already be there.
Now all I'd want afterwards is some Pokemon dlc, too bad Gamefreak won't let that ever happen.:crying:
I'd imagine the course chosen would be Green Greens, but I'd rather they do the crazy thing, and make city trial a mode.
Well they did staded that the were thinking about adding new stuff to MK8 so.......... maybe?

Top Bottom