• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I changed my mind, I'll support.

Clearly it's because I haven't tried out Bandana Dee in Kirby's Return to Dream Land that I completely missed the point everybody tries to make.

Also, I got a story for you kids. I wanted to use this avatar on April Fools day, but the Shaquille O'Neil thing kinda interfered with that.

image.jpg

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
LOL Ado and K64 supporters from experience just don't seem to like BD. Not saying all feel this way but it seems if you want one you don't want the other. K64 is a lot of people's first Kirby game it's hard to compete with a character precious from folk's fave childhood game. Dreamland was mind so I guess I never had this same attachment.
i

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I think I got a move set idea

A combo: multi-spear thrusts
Dash attack: tackle like the waddle dees in the kirby games it does knock you back a bit
Forward tilt: double thrust similar to lil macs forward tilt
Down tilt:Slide kick like in the kirby games
Up tilt: upward multi pokes

Forward smash: Spear slash just like meta knight's F Smash but with actual range
Up smash: spear thrust this one has a very specific hit box like wii fit trainer
Down smash: down ward spear thrusts these switch from side to side so poke one side then switch to the other side to thrust

Neutral air: kick like jiggly puff
Forward air: multi poke just like mii sword fighter
Back air: backward spear poke
Down air: spiralling spear this make bandana dee fall like a rock to the ground has got a meteor effect too

Grab range same as kirby
Pummle: spear poke
Forward throw: pokes him with his spear and throw him while he's attached to the spear forward
Backward throw: same as forward but this time backwards
Down throw: buries opponent by punching him down mini megaton punch
Up throw: like parasol Dee and kirby balances opponent on his spear and throws him up

Neural Special:Charge spear Basically Marth's shield breaker one big thrust
Side Special: Spear throw can be charged to throw multi spears
Down Special: megaton punch can be charged no charge does a trip on near by opponents in the air it's like ganons warlock kick
Up Special: Spear-copter chargeable to go higher the spinning spear can damage opponents

Final Smash:100% Mega Ton Punch
Everyone in a small area around bandana Dee will get caught and the seen changes and bandana dee charges a mighty megaton punch that breaks pop star in half does a lot of damage OR anyone that is on the ground will get damaged like a super charged pow block.

Custom specials
N Special 1:Counter those who get in range of bandana dee gets hit got super armour but it's short ranged.
N Special 2:Vacuum Spear like kirby and dee bandana dee spins his spear just to draw in opponents does no damage

Side Special1: Dash he thrusts his spear and he goes with his spear more charge farther he goes he is now glued to his spear
Side special 2: Spear throw this kind of switches out less charge the farther it goes more charge more spears less range so shorter range gets more spears

Down Special 1: Shock wave : does less damage but it stuns near by opponents takes longer to charge
Down Special 2: Punch stop if it his a person head on it bounces bandana dee up like greninja no charging and super fast but weaker
Up Special1: Short spin he does not go high but he stays in the helicopter mode for longer more vertical movement
Up Special2: Wind spin goes really high but does not go in to helicopter mode so like links custom

thats pretty much it thats all I can really think of as a bandana dee move set but I'm sure Mr. Sakurai has better imagination. Thoughts?

Bandana Dee3

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0379-7875-6874
I think I got a move set idea

A combo: multi-spear thrusts
Dash attack: tackle like the waddle dees in the kirby games it does knock you back a bit
Forward tilt: double thrust similar to lil macs forward tilt
Down tilt:Slide kick like in the kirby games
Up tilt: upward multi pokes

Forward smash: Spear slash just like meta knight's F Smash but with actual range
Up smash: spear thrust this one has a very specific hit box like wii fit trainer
Down smash: down ward spear thrusts these switch from side to side so poke one side then switch to the other side to thrust

Neutral air: kick like jiggly puff
Forward air: multi poke just like mii sword fighter
Back air: backward spear poke
Down air: spiralling spear this make bandana dee fall like a rock to the ground has got a meteor effect too

Grab range same as kirby
Pummle: spear poke
Forward throw: pokes him with his spear and throw him while he's attached to the spear forward
Backward throw: same as forward but this time backwards
Down throw: buries opponent by punching him down mini megaton punch
Up throw: like parasol Dee and kirby balances opponent on his spear and throws him up

Neural Special:Charge spear Basically Marth's shield breaker one big thrust
Side Special: Spear throw can be charged to throw multi spears
Down Special: megaton punch can be charged no charge does a trip on near by opponents in the air it's like ganons warlock kick
Up Special: Spear-copter chargeable to go higher the spinning spear can damage opponents

Final Smash:100% Mega Ton Punch
Everyone in a small area around bandana Dee will get caught and the seen changes and bandana dee charges a mighty megaton punch that breaks pop star in half does a lot of damage OR anyone that is on the ground will get damaged like a super charged pow block.

Custom specials
N Special 1:Counter those who get in range of bandana dee gets hit got super armour but it's short ranged.
N Special 2:Vacuum Spear like kirby and dee bandana dee spins his spear just to draw in opponents does no damage

Side Special1: Dash he thrusts his spear and he goes with his spear more charge farther he goes he is now glued to his spear
Side special 2: Spear throw this kind of switches out less charge the farther it goes more charge more spears less range so shorter range gets more spears

Down Special 1: Shock wave : does less damage but it stuns near by opponents takes longer to charge
Down Special 2: Punch stop if it his a person head on it bounces bandana dee up like greninja no charging and super fast but weaker
Up Special1: Short spin he does not go high but he stays in the helicopter mode for longer more vertical movement
Up Special2: Wind spin goes really high but does not go in to helicopter mode so like links custom

thats pretty much it thats all I can really think of as a bandana dee move set but I'm sure Mr. Sakurai has better imagination. Thoughts?
It could work but fans would say
OHH He IS A CLONE OF MANY CHARACTERS

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I changed my mind, I'll support.

Clearly it's because I haven't tried out Bandana Dee in Kirby's Return to Dream Land that I completely missed the point everybody tries to make.

Also, I got a story for you kids. I wanted to use this avatar on April Fools day, but the Shaquille O'Neil thing kinda interfered with that.

View attachment 46201
Yay!

Double post, ups.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
All I have to say about Adeleine is... Good luck. It'll probably take a lot to get her in, because it's been such a long time since her last appearance.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
All I have to say about Adeleine is... Good luck. It'll probably take a lot to get her in, because it's been such a long time since her last appearance.
I'm completely aware that she's not much popular nowadays, but people saying that she's irrelevant are trolls or uninformed since she has been relevant in the N64 days, it's just that they stopped using her.

You can say the same of Olimar, or Bowser Junior then, they doesn't have big influence anymore in the recent games, Olimar got replaced completely.

Anyway, there's plenty of people who thinks the same of Bandana Dee around, I don't know why whe must bring in this "competition" thing all the times.

EDIT: Also, supporting her is still useful, we are few but the supporters are slowly growing; it's a really ambitious dream, but it' not impossible to have her back, if not in Smash, at least in Kirby.
I won't ever support a character that I don't like just because it's more likely or because most of other people do it; I prefer to support a character that I like, even if the chances of that character are low.

Last edited:

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Adeleine isn't a bad Kirby rep. She would have a unique moveset and such. The only problem is that she hasn't shown up in a while.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Took a peek at the Japanese Smash community, and it seems quite a few want BD as well! Hopefully Sakurai and his team are paying attention.

Kerpy Derp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerpy Derp
3DS FC
3136-7596-2766
Hi everyone I do not know much about Kirby (or bandanna Dee for that matter) but my best friend call911imonfire has taught me the ways of the Dee. I am a supporter

Kerpy Derp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kerpy Derp
3DS FC
3136-7596-2766
I do believe his spear would be a unique way to play since everyone uses a sword he makes an adorable distinct way to fight.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I leave for a few months and people made accounts of my dee3 pun. I'm scared somebody hug me

C_Mill24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
C-Mill24
3DS FC
3609-1632-1621
I've already cast my vote for Bandana Dee. Something I want to see from Bandana Dee, if he ultimately comes out on top, is the representation of not just the Spear ability, but a representation of Waddle Dees throughout the Kirby series, such as Parasol Dees.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
So I was watching the video Etika just put out, and guess what I saw? Slowly but surely, the Bandanna Nation is taking over. We got eyes and ears outside of Smashboards.
image.jpg

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535

Flying_Skitty

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1091-8635-3184
Whenever I see this post I just imagine Bandana Dee giving a speech on why he should be DLC.

"If I'm DLC, I'll be the only spear user!"

"If I'm DLC, I'll finally give Kirby four reps!"

"If I'm DLC, I'll take down the strongest Smashers like RosaLuma and Diddy Kong!"

:laugh:
Bandana Dee for New Meta Knight!

Last edited:
Top Bottom