• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Sent Kamekthemagikoopa1 a link here :smirk:

Side note you gotta admit Lucas has some nice hair
do you have a gamefaqs account? I wanna invite CuteChihuahua, a Dee hater and Adeliene fanboy, a common reason I don't really support her, it's that people like this don't deserve their character, he just insults Dee supporters, calling us not true Kirby fans @ Iko MattOrr Iko MattOrr your not like that though, I want people that respect peoples opinions to get their characters:)

Maikou

Smash Ace
semi-clonish eh? Why and how so with the moves?
I just feel reusing just a few of Kirby's moves makes sense since they have pretty nearly identical body types. Bandana Dee shares animations with Kirby in Return to Dreamland. And I'm talking just two aerials, same jumping/falling animation, walking/dashing animations, and a few shared grabs. This is my idea:

Walking/Running speed: Same as Kirby.
Jump height: Same as Kirby.
Falling speed: Same as Meta Knight.
Overall weight: Same as Meta Knight.

Jabs: One spear thrust, and follow-up stab, and then the infinite combo of rapid-fire spear thrusts until stronger thrust finisher.
Side tilt: Jabs forward with spear to maximum range in a slightly clumsy manner.
Up Tilt: a small hop with an upward thrust.
Down tilt: Slide kick from just about every Kirby game ever.
Dash attack: Bandana tries a pole-vault kick and falls on his back. Acts like tumbling through the air. Dash Attacking over a ledge may send you falling.......

Smash Attacks:

Side: Bandana Dee leaps forward and thrusts his spear outwards for great damage. And then he falls on his face momentarily.
Up: a powerful upward thrust attack.
Down: Essentially Kirby's Down Smash with a spear added in.

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Spins with spear outstretched.
Forward air: A series of kicks like Kirby.
Up air: Spins around with his spear pointed upwards.
Back air: Same as Kirby.
Down air: Moon Drop.

Grab moves:

Grab range/animation: Same as Kirby.
Pummel: hits with blunt end of spear.
Forward throw: Puffball-Arm Throw. Bandana releases the enemy for a moment to punch them. It's not very effective...
Back throw: Clumsy Juudou Throw (from Kirby's Return to Dreamland/Triple Deluxe). Bandana Dee isn't a pro fighter like Kirby, so when he back-saults and throws the enemy, they go flying, but he ends up on his face for a moment afterwards.
Up throw: Sky Drop. Same as Kirby/Meta Knight. He grapples the enemy, leaps into the sky, and slams them on the ground.
Down throw: Fury Stomp. Literally the exact same to Kirby and Meta Knight's in every way, shape, and form.

Specials:

Neutral: Spear throw. Press rapidly in air to throw many spears.
Side: Parasol Drill. Bandana Dee rushes to the side with a parasol, spinning it in a drilling motion. Hold button to continue spinning and deflect projectiles.
Up: Spearcopter. Hold button to charge, then release and watch Bandana Dee fly. When used in midair, charge time is reduced but it doesn't last as long.
Down: Shaker Punch. Charge a meter and let loose at the right time to shake the ground with a punch. Nearby enemies with be forced to trip.

Final Smash: Megaton Punch. Literally the Sub-Game brought into Smash, time it right to crack the planet in two and send everyone flying, preferably into the camera or over the horizon.

Customs:

Neutral 1: Multi-spear throw. Throws three spears simultaniously that are slightly weaker than the normal but also faster and go longer distances.

Neutral 2: Javelin throw. Throws a larger spear that does more damage but has less range.

Side 1: Speed drill. Rushes farther faster with a weaker spear attack (and a tipper).

Side 2: Power Drill. Takes a moment, and powers a very short distance with a slightly larger spear attack.

Up 1: Parasol copter. Jumps with a parasol and uses it to float down, not unlike Peach's recovery.

Up 2: Super Spear Copter. Charges shorter, flies faster, lasts slightly longer.....All you lose is a lot of damage potential and some control. And unlike the other two, you're completely helpless once it's done.

Down 1: Ground Punch. Basically acts like Yoshi Bomb, including stars on either side.

Down 2: Quake Punch. Smashes the ground, burying any nearby foes....but it lasts a bit.

Stage intro: Bandana Dee flies in with Spearcopter and lands on his rear, then gets up.

Idle animations:
Normal: Swings his arms back and forth, kind of like Kirby's.
Idle 1: bandanna falls over his eyes, and he readjusts it.
Idle 2: sits down momentarily and closes his eyes, before getting up again.

Taunts:
Up: Short dance, like Kirby.
Side: Spins like Kirby, but falls over partway through and then gets back up.
Down: Twirls his spear in a cool pose.

Victory Poses:
1: Traditional Kirby dance. Preferably with backwards walking included.
2: Spins his spear in victory, but accidentally takes off and then falls on his back.
3: Twirls his spear in a show and slams the blunt end on the ground a salute. Then his bandanna falls over his face.

random rendum

Smash Journeyman
Just to remond you guys, getting mad at people who hate bandana dee doesn't reflect positively about us :p

You can troll or mess around a bit, but don't go over the top
no, he insults the Dee im gonna troll so much, and spam:demon:

Troykv

Smash Master
Bandana Dee is a curious and very cool adition... the best pary

SPEARCOPTER FTW!

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
Just voted for Bandana Dee on the official website. Kinda odd because he's only the second character I voted for.

Now all I need to do is watch the Runaway Guys' series on Kirby's Return to Dream Land when I get off work.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
do you have a gamefaqs account? I wanna invite CuteChihuahua, a Dee hater and Adeliene fanboy, a common reason I don't really support her, it's that people like this don't deserve their character, he just insults Dee supporters, calling us not true Kirby fans @ Iko MattOrr Iko MattOrr your not like that though, I want people that respect peoples opinions to get their characters:)
I appreciated this, but I think that it should be the same in both directions. As now I'm indifferent about the Dee, at first I hated him because of some fans were "insulting" other characters saying tha they don't deserve a spot in the roster.
If one is a Kirby fan, I don't know why one should hate every other character of his so-called favorite series just because they are "rivals".
Maybe it's all CuteChihuahua's fault in the first place who started this "war", who knows... I visit other Kirby fansites (there is very few activity anyway) and all this rivality between Bandana Dee and every other character is nowere to be seen.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I'm completely aware that she's not much popular nowadays, but people saying that she's irrelevant are trolls or uninformed since she has been relevant in the N64 days, it's just that they stopped using her.

You can say the same of Olimar, or Bowser Junior then, they doesn't have big influence anymore in the recent games, Olimar got replaced completely.

Anyway, there's plenty of people who thinks the same of Bandana Dee around, I don't know why whe must bring in this "competition" thing all the times.

EDIT: Also, supporting her is still useful, we are few but the supporters are slowly growing; it's a really ambitious dream, but it' not impossible to have her back, if not in Smash, at least in Kirby.
I won't ever support a character that I don't like just because it's more likely or because most of other people do it; I prefer to support a character that I like, even if the chances of that character are low.
I wouldn't compare her to Olimar when he's the original star of one of Nintendo's latest IPs. He represents pikmin . Ado wasn't the main star of K64 nor is K64 the beginning of a new IP. Bowser Jr is the secondary villain of Mario and has appeared as recent as the NSMB games.

Last edited:

GhostlyLure

Smash Lord
NNID
GhostlyLureioi
Someone help me I need to know how to post a picture from my computer :confused:
Upload to imgur.com

I noticed either Adeline supporters HATE US or they are OK with us funny they use the generic character excuse even though they defend a character with a game with just a waddle dee. lol

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
If you were relevant only in the N64 days, then you are no longer relevant. By pure definition. Adeliene would be cool, but I honestly would be pretty upset if she got in over Bandana Dee.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I just feel reusing just a few of Kirby's moves makes sense since they have pretty nearly identical body types. Bandana Dee shares animations with Kirby in Return to Dreamland. And I'm talking just two aerials, same jumping/falling animation, walking/dashing animations, and a few shared grabs. This is my idea:

Walking/Running speed: Same as Kirby.
Jump height: Same as Kirby.
Falling speed: Same as Meta Knight.
Overall weight: Same as Meta Knight.

Jabs: One spear thrust, and follow-up stab, and then the infinite combo of rapid-fire spear thrusts until stronger thrust finisher.
Side tilt: Jabs forward with spear to maximum range in a slightly clumsy manner.
Up Tilt: a small hop with an upward thrust.
Down tilt: Slide kick from just about every Kirby game ever.
Dash attack: Bandana tries a pole-vault kick and falls on his back. Acts like tumbling through the air. Dash Attacking over a ledge may send you falling.......

Smash Attacks:

Side: Bandana Dee leaps forward and thrusts his spear outwards for great damage. And then he falls on his face momentarily.
Up: a powerful upward thrust attack.
Down: Essentially Kirby's Down Smash with a spear added in.

Aerials:

Neutral Air: Spins with spear outstretched.
Forward air: A series of kicks like Kirby.
Up air: Spins around with his spear pointed upwards.
Back air: Same as Kirby.
Down air: Moon Drop.

Grab moves:

Grab range/animation: Same as Kirby.
Pummel: hits with blunt end of spear.
Forward throw: Puffball-Arm Throw. Bandana releases the enemy for a moment to punch them. It's not very effective...
Back throw: Clumsy Juudou Throw (from Kirby's Return to Dreamland/Triple Deluxe). Bandana Dee isn't a pro fighter like Kirby, so when he back-saults and throws the enemy, they go flying, but he ends up on his face for a moment afterwards.
Up throw: Sky Drop. Same as Kirby/Meta Knight. He grapples the enemy, leaps into the sky, and slams them on the ground.
Down throw: Fury Stomp. Literally the exact same to Kirby and Meta Knight's in every way, shape, and form.

Specials:

Neutral: Spear throw. Press rapidly in air to throw many spears.
Side: Parasol Drill. Bandana Dee rushes to the side with a parasol, spinning it in a drilling motion. Hold button to continue spinning and deflect projectiles.
Up: Spearcopter. Hold button to charge, then release and watch Bandana Dee fly. When used in midair, charge time is reduced but it doesn't last as long.
Down: Shaker Punch. Charge a meter and let loose at the right time to shake the ground with a punch. Nearby enemies with be forced to trip.

Final Smash: Megaton Punch. Literally the Sub-Game brought into Smash, time it right to crack the planet in two and send everyone flying, preferably into the camera or over the horizon.

Customs:

Neutral 1: Multi-spear throw. Throws three spears simultaniously that are slightly weaker than the normal but also faster and go longer distances.

Neutral 2: Javelin throw. Throws a larger spear that does more damage but has less range.

Side 1: Speed drill. Rushes farther faster with a weaker spear attack (and a tipper).

Side 2: Power Drill. Takes a moment, and powers a very short distance with a slightly larger spear attack.

Up 1: Parasol copter. Jumps with a parasol and uses it to float down, not unlike Peach's recovery.

Up 2: Super Spear Copter. Charges shorter, flies faster, lasts slightly longer.....All you lose is a lot of damage potential and some control. And unlike the other two, you're completely helpless once it's done.

Down 1: Ground Punch. Basically acts like Yoshi Bomb, including stars on either side.

Down 2: Quake Punch. Smashes the ground, burying any nearby foes....but it lasts a bit.

Stage intro: Bandana Dee flies in with Spearcopter and lands on his rear, then gets up.

Idle animations:
Normal: Swings his arms back and forth, kind of like Kirby's.
Idle 1: bandanna falls over his eyes, and he readjusts it.
Idle 2: sits down momentarily and closes his eyes, before getting up again.

Taunts:
Up: Short dance, like Kirby.
Side: Spins like Kirby, but falls over partway through and then gets back up.
Down: Twirls his spear in a cool pose.

Victory Poses:
1: Traditional Kirby dance. Preferably with backwards walking included.
2: Spins his spear in victory, but accidentally takes off and then falls on his back.
3: Twirls his spear in a show and slams the blunt end on the ground a salute. Then his bandanna falls over his face.

I feel like the spear throw should be able to charge like in the spear moveset and I'm still not sure about using parasol. Still I get what you mean now about the similar size and shape of Kirby. Still folks through the thread have a lot of good idea.

Top Bottom