• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Guys....do you actually think this may be a hindrance to Bandana Dee?

Now hear me out. I forgot who it was. But someone brought up the fact that Sakurai never adds any content that's past the Kirby games he himself has made. And that the only reason Kirby's ultra sword is his Final Smash is because of Paul Marketing.

Now that King Dedede has a new final smash that is not Masked Dedede, it even pushes that theory even more.
This thought occurred to me as well immediately. However seeing that Bandana Dee isn't part of his smash still leaves the possibility of him showing up since it doesn't deconfirm anything (or confirm it either).

However considering that many of the characters are getting the extra effort of neat alt costumes... than it'd be odd for them to no add Masked Dedede who comes from the recent games. IF we see Masked Dedede than it might help with the case concerning new game content... maybe

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Oh yeah! Bandana Dee survives another DEE-CONFIRMATION!

It's time for Bandana Dee to play Five Nights At Sakurai's because, we're in the final five Pic of the Days! (Before Japan launch)

I believe in you, Bandana Dee! You can survive this! Make it through the rest of the days, and Join the Battle!

(I would also assume Masked Dedede is an alt, and so is Shadow Dedede)

Servine

Smash Cadet
The fact that Dedede doesn't have his old Brawl final smash, it's looking great for Bandana Dee at this point.
Get the hype train ROLLING!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I know people have been talking about 5 slots left in smash bros but is that really the case? How would people know what slots are left? Especially considering the new game already broke the mode here with having more characters. We don't really know HOW many slots are left really if many or if any at all...

At least I'm not aware of how people are validating the idea of this particular amount of slots being left. If anyone cares to elaborate if I'm missing something..

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I know people have been talking about 5 slots left in smash bros but is that really the case? How would people know what slots are left? Especially considering the new game already broke the mode here with having more characters. We don't really know HOW many slots are left really if many or if any at all...

At least I'm not aware of how people are validating the idea of this particular amount of slots being left. If anyone cares to elaborate if I'm missing something..
1) 5 Slots fill the screen perfectly.

2) The lock icon on the allstar mode confirms that there are more characters than the ESRB leak shows.

3) Hope, lot's of hope.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Um...

True Arena was really easy. I'll be honest, it was probably one of, if not the EASIEST, and I mean EASIEST Arena to date. I had more trouble with the regular Arena than I had with True Arena, to be honest. However, one thing I think some people have found out is that I don't care about difficulty in Kirby games - I study the overall design of the games, including backgrounds, music, sound effects, characters, animations, expressions, textures, palettes, etc. and I have a few things I would really like to get out, mostly about the palette choice on some of these upgraded bosses. I'll be posting either a bit later, or tomorrow about this, as I expect it to be fairly lengthy.

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
Oh my god, Sakurai is actually recognizing the Kirby games he didn't make.

I would have never believe both Galacta Knight AND Dark Meta Knight alts would ever be in Smash.

Bandanna Dee is looking more likely than ever!!! :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I want everybody to remember that this may be one of the final walls for Bandana Dee. If we can get through this without anything regarding King DeDeDe and Bandana Dee, we will be mostly safe. Bandana Dee has a number of possible apperances with DeDeDe, such as intro animation, victory animations, and possibly a taunt. We just need to hope that he isn't in any - if he isn't our chances just skyrocketed.

By the way, Galacta Knight and Dark Meta Knight haven't been confirmed by Zipzo if I am correct - I may be wrong on this one though.

EDIT: Masked DeDeDe has been deconfirmed... he isn't a Final Smash and Zipzo just confirmed that no Masked DeDeDe alt costume is present...

i cri

Last edited:

CodeBlue_

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-2347-7011-5339
I like Bandana Dee! :D
Then I shall add you to my skype group. :)

Edit: Skype what are you doing. I gonna add you tomorrow or possibly monday. Skype isn't working atm. Welcome back to Smashboards btw. It must have been a while for you.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I keep trying to ask the person who played the Demo if Bandana Dee is in the victory screen. No response yet. Will update you guys if I do get a response.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I've asked him several times about information on the Kirby franchise, such as Kirby's last costume (seven are confirmed so far), DeDeDe's new costumes, any more Meta Knight information, the new (Kirby's Dream Land?) GameBoy stage, and most importantly, about any sighting of Bandana Dee throughout the game, mainly in DeDeDe's entry, taunts, or victory animations.

I've gotten no response, either.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
*hyperventilating* oh my god oh my god. This is looking goooooooooood.

Off topic: Apparently, Robin is fantastic. BOOH-YEAH BABY.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
no masked dedede alt is disapointing, it's odd theyd just ignore such a big thing, hmm

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I've asked him several times about information on the Kirby franchise, such as Kirby's last costume (seven are confirmed so far), DeDeDe's new costumes, any more Meta Knight information, the new (Kirby's Dream Land?) GameBoy stage, and most importantly, about any sighting of Bandana Dee throughout the game, mainly in DeDeDe's entry, taunts, or victory animations.

I've gotten no response, either.
SEVEN confirmed costumes? You must mean color swaps.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Um...

True Arena was really easy. I'll be honest, it was probably one of, if not the EASIEST, and I mean EASIEST Arena to date. I had more trouble with the regular Arena than I had with True Arena, to be honest. However, one thing I think some people have found out is that I don't care about difficulty in Kirby games - I study the overall design of the games, including backgrounds, music, sound effects, characters, animations, expressions, textures, palettes, etc. and I have a few things I would really like to get out, mostly about the palette choice on some of these upgraded bosses. I'll be posting either a bit later, or tomorrow about this, as I expect it to be fairly lengthy.
WHAT I completely disagree. Past arena has way more basic bosses with way easier and way more predictable attack patterns. These bosses have more attack patterns and attacks that take up more space. It's also easier to lose your power and ruin a run because of platforms during Sectonia boss, etc. Past arenas are WAY easier. Just because you've improved doesn't mean the new Arena is easier based on design alone. In the Magolor boss fight in Return to Dreamland you can literally stand in the corner the whole time and avoid ALL attacks. There's less of that merely aiming at center screen in this game.

Also is there no Alt Masked Dedede costume? OH god please don't say that's the case. I will be quite upset.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
No Masked Dedede alt. Shame. But we get Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight alts. That's good, right? Now we only need their themes...
NO MASKED DEDEDE?

That's super upsetting. Masked Dedede should have been an alt costume! wth!! Masked Dedede is essentially A Costume change for Dedede while Galacta Knight and Dark Metaknight are straight up other characters. It's that I'm not glad they're options but Masked Dedede actually made the most sense in terms of relating to the same character.

Sheesh....We don't get Masked Dedede as a final smash OR as an alt costume. That really sucks.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
NO MASKED DEDEDE?

That's super upsetting. Masked Dedede should have been an alt costume! wth!! Masked Dedede is essentially A Costume change for Dedede while Galacta Knight and Dark Metaknight are straight up other characters. It's that I'm not glad they're options but Masked Dedede actually made the most sense in terms of relating to the same character.

Sheesh....We don't get Masked Dedede as a final smash OR as an alt costume. That really sucks.
I agree, but I think Dedede's inhale may have been the problem with that, in the games, Dedede lifted his mask, that is problematic if you want the same exact hitboxes and everything, as the mask would suddenly add to the size of Dedede or outright dissapear

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I agree, but I think Dedede's inhale may have been the problem with that, in the games, Dedede lifted his mask, that is problematic if you want the same exact hitboxes and everything, as the mask would suddenly add to the size of Dedede or outright dissapear
I guess but I do use masked dedede in Project M and I'm not sure how it's handled there cause I don't remember but I still do feel like it's a miss for Dedede alt.... Just sad I can't see Masked Dedede. Dedede won't really have any interesting alt costumes and so I'll probably just place him in his original colors and that's it. :( ::sad face::

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Good news! According to Zipzo, Bandana Dee doesn't appear at all! Why is this good news? It means that his only appearance can be playable, as there wasn't even a Waddle Dee in the victory screen!
HOPEFULLY! That's awesome. He can either be playable now OR not in the game at all and that would stink.

D

Deleted member

I called Meta Knight getting a Dark Meta Knight AND a Galacta Knight costume. Therefore, I predict Bandana Dee as a playable character! :smirk:

D

Deleted member

I knew it was One of us who predicted that, just couldn't remember who
Yeah that was me. I also predicted Greninja. BANDANA DEE I PREDICT YOU AGAIN. Sakurai don't fail me. I want to go 3/3 on unlikely predictions! :estatic:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
if he isnt in the game at ALL that would be weird, and if he isnt at all, then im gonna go and call DLC.

My faith in his inclusion has risen to 70%
complete removal of waddle dee's from dedede's 2 moves
would be a prime candidate to show of as a kirby assist trophy in a direct or potd, didn't happen
no trophies so far

it's lookin good

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
I find it HILARIOUS how anti-Bandana Dee think that the only reason Dedede's Final Smash was changed was because Waddle Dee's are smash run enemies, even though you can't use Final Smashes in Smash Run. :laugh:

Top Bottom