• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I enjoy Archer for bossing - not for Camouflage, but because Magic-Star Arrow does tons of damage, and Leaping Quiver is great from spacing yourself from the boss. Similar to Kirby Fighters, I use Leaping Quiver to get momentum to go above the enemy and dodge any attack, but still his them. As I use this for bosses, I'll hopefully be able to get over them and avoid their attacks without taking much damage. Also, if you use Hitman, you can rack up a lot of damage because you can shoot a lot faster.

I'm not a big fan of Hammer solely for the fact that it's pretty close-ranged. This is probably why I find Fighter to be the worst ability in every Kirby game, although it is considered the best, haha. I've never liked close-ranged abilities, except Circus and possibly Parasol, although Parasol can have significant range.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I enjoy Archer for bossing - not for Camouflage, but because Magic-Star Arrow does tons of damage, and Leaping Quiver is great from spacing yourself from the boss. Similar to Kirby Fighters, I use Leaping Quiver to get momentum to go above the enemy and dodge any attack, but still his them. As I use this for bosses, I'll hopefully be able to get over them and avoid their attacks without taking much damage. Also, if you use Hitman, you can rack up a lot of damage because you can shoot a lot faster.

I'm not a big fan of Hammer solely for the fact that it's pretty close-ranged. This is probably why I find Fighter to be the worst ability in every Kirby game, although it is considered the best, haha. I've never liked close-ranged abilities, except Circus and possibly Parasol, although Parasol can have significant range.
Fighter Kirby is only good if you can flawlessly chain his attacks, otherwise he leaves himself open too much. I agree with you about Fighter for these reasons.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
not a big fan of archer either x3 was just saying it makes for an easy boss mode, personally i like bell the most and parasol, but thats just me~

D

Deleted member

I have not tried archer in the True arena yet. I have always used the hammer. I got to Sectonia's Soul like 9000 times but never won :/
I've made it to Sectonia's Soul with Archer and I've managed to lose Archer or die. Some of her attacks are just cruel...

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
not a big fan of archer either x3 was just saying it makes for an easy boss mode, personally i like bell the most and parasol, but thats just me~
I love Bell but it barely has any attacks to boss with, and the only attack I find good is his dash attack. Parasol is fun but the only attack I can actually use is Parasol Drill, which gets really boring.

What do you usually do with them?

oh, by the way, parasol is like my second most favorite copy ability ever lol

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I love Ninja and have beaten True Arena with this moveset. It's great. Not sure if anyone else has tried it. Quad Shock does so much damage. You can just stand right next to the snake boss and preform Quad Shock and it reaches his head just fine, destroying his projectiles, and does a lot of damage. It's awesome :3

D

Deleted member

Bell, Leaf, and Ice are broken in the true arena since they have complete invincibility while shielding. Leaf the most broken since its up attack is quick and hits flying enemies, not to mention ones in front of you.

As for the Dee, I am still baffled as to why Spear isn't in Kirby Fighters [Deluxe]. Its made for it!

08skidoosh80

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tyler80
3DS FC
3136-6615-9131
Switch FC
SW-5074-0505-2141
My favorite copy copy ability is sword!

But seriously, it is my favorite class. I really love how Kirby just steals all of Link's gear...
He even has a Skyward Strike!

Bell, Leaf, and Ice are broken in the true arena since they have complete invincibility while shielding. Leaf the most broken since its up attack is quick and hits flying enemies, not to mention ones in front of you.

As for the Dee, I am still baffled as to why Spear isn't in Kirby Fighters [Deluxe]. Its made for it!
Maybe the reason it isn't in is because they're saving that ability for a different fighting game :smirk:

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101

tbh, I hate ice due to the offensive moveset it wields. It seems lacking compared to the likes of bell and leaf...

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
THIS! THIS IS A GLORIOUS DAY FOR THE BRIGADE!

(not masked dedede huh? colour me surprised, wonder what sakurai cooked up this time)

but serious, HECK YES, no more waddle dee's on his side special
no more waddle dee's in his final smash
you could make the argument that they removed them to reduce confusion in smash run from his side special but his final smash has no excuses, this is wonderful news!

I love Bell but it barely has any attacks to boss with, and the only attack I find good is his dash attack. Parasol is fun but the only attack I can actually use is Parasol Drill, which gets really boring.

What do you usually do with them?

oh, by the way, parasol is like my second most favorite copy ability ever lol
im kinda like i am with pokemon, i just go with my favs even if they aint very effective.

as for what i do, i just tend to use everything and not really focus on one move to much

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Man I am so disappointed that his Final Smash isn't Masked Dedede though. It would have been a way greater nod to Kirby fans and way more memorable. How can Sakurai change it to some bombs just coming out of his hammer? WHY? How is that iconic of Dedede in comparison to the badass moment he gets his Mask on and goes at it with his heavy duty mechanized hammer? What a missed opportunity!!!!!! What exactly, in ANY recent Kirby game does this reference? You could say it references a mini game from the NES where he throws bombs but these bombs have never come OUT of his hammer. Sakurai just made this **** up when he had something he could have worked with already. Not like he HAD to do that. I like that this leaves the possibility of Bandana Dee open still. STILL no deconfirmation... but disappointed in the smash choice.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Man I am so disappointed that his Final Smash isn't Masked Dedede though. It would have been a way greater nod to Kirby fans and way more memorable. How can Sakurai change it to some bombs just coming out of his hammer? WHY? How is that iconic of Dedede in comparison to the badass moment he gets his Mask on and goes at it with his heavy duty mechanized hammer? What a missed opportunity!!!!!! What exactly, in ANY recent Kirby game does this reference? You could say it references a mini game from the NES where he throws bombs but these bombs have never come OUT of his hammer. Sakurai just made this **** up when he had something he could have worked with already. Not like he HAD to do that. I like that this leaves the possibility of Bandana Dee open still. STILL no deconfirmation... but disappointed in the smash choice.
The egg catcher game is what the FS is supposed to resemble, even if it doesn't come out of his hammer like you said. And I REALLY hope for a Masked Dedede alt at the minute

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

SPEED ALREADY DID THIS BUT I DON'T CARE! HOLY MAXIM TOMATOES DOES THIS HELP!
What is this move? I'm surprised that this isn't Masked Dedede. If this is based off the egg mini game from Kirby's Adventure, then that is a pretty random choice for a Final Smash. *sigh*
Still, the lack of Waddle Dees in King Dedede's moveset is a good thing. We've made it this far without a disconfirmation. We have one more week until release, hopefully Bandana Dee is unlockable. Hope will never die!

Last edited by a moderator:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, how was the Dedede Dance in any way related to King Dedede? Summoning the minions makes sense, but the dance was completely pulled from nothing.

in other news BANDANA HYPE

LF2K

Floor Diver
According to a translation I saw, the new Final Smash is called "Dedede Burst". But some guy nicknamed it "Dededestroyer", which sounds pretty awesome.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What is this move? I'm surprised that this isn't Masked Dedede. If this is based off the egg mini game from Kirby's Adventure, then that is a pretty random choice for a Final Smash. *sigh*
Still, the lack of Waddle Dees in King Dedede's moveset is a good thing. We've made it this far without a disconfirmation. We have one more week until release, hopefully Bandana Dee is unlockable. Hope will never die!
Yeah, it's the egg-catcher minigame, and that was a fun minigame! I'm glad it isn't forgotten as it's one of the best things of Kirby I've seen! Other than MK and BDee at least...

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
To be fair, how was the Dedede Dance in any way related to King Dedede? Summoning the minions makes sense, but the dance was completely pulled from nothing.

in other news BANDANA HYPE
Well the dance itself isn't the smash he just does in during his smash itself. Besides Kirby characters LOVE to dance. Everyone knows this because they show off their sweet moves in victory. However The Waddle Dees are super iconic of Dedede.

Still you know what... Maybe Masked Dedede is a Alt Costume. If that's the case, than not even mad. I'd be so hype for that.

Last edited:

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's the egg-catcher minigame, and that was a fun minigame! I'm glad it isn't forgotten as it's one of the best things of Kirby I've seen! Other than MK and BDee at least...
Um except they don't come out of his hammer. x_x So to me it looks like a new attack from Dedede but sure. Just seems like a odd way to reference it by making it part of the hammer's arsenal and than making it a new thing that Dedede has the power to launch bombs from his hammer which doesn't happen in game. Still. Whatever. I don't even care anymore. If Masked Dedede is an alt costume I'm fine with this reference even if altered.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Um except they don't come out of his hammer. x_x So to me it looks like a new attack from Dedede but sure. Just seems like a odd way to reference it by making it part of the hammer's arsenal and than making it a new thing that Dedede has the power to launch bombs from his hammer which doesn't happen in game. Still. Whatever. I don't even care anymore. If Masked Dedede is an alt costume I'm fine with this reference even if altered.
I agree, but I love that minigame, so seeing it get in a moveset makes me happy enough to remember the fact I need my 3DS replaced

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I need my Masked DeDeDe in my life. :cry:
Though seriously what does it do? Does he throw the bombs all over the place?Though a translation said it also sucks in opponents so I don't know.

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
considering masked dedede isnt the final smash, and looking at lucina, i am HEAVILY assuming that masked dedede will be an alt skin for the triple D instead of his final smash, which i am more than okay with, getting to play with him always.

as for the final smash look at this way if you're disapointed. it's probably a lot more unique than masked dedede could of been.
options for masked dedede
A:make it like kirbys new one, not very interesting or different
B: make it like bowser/lil mac ect, also not very interesting or different
C: make it like pits, which would of been a bit less repetitive but also nothing new.

Looking at this i don't see this being a move where you need to be close to someone to set it up like kirby/links
it definitely isn't a transformation.
it has a possibility of being like pits, but i doubt it. I think this FS could definitely be unique

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Im missing something but that dedede Final Smash!? I can't believe the HYPE for dee is real and very high! Heck, even peach still have the same final smash and King Dedede is like"ba#$ Im gonna change!" The disappointment is not masked King dedede, Seriusly that would be EPIC SH#$ EVERYWHERE! All I need to prove is, need to watch it in action to praise it.

Let all have BDee Hype! Things are getting good!

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Heya there folks, I never really believed in Bandana Dee, just cause he didn't really seem like that big of a name, but... Waddle Dee's model is already in Smash Run, so I find it extremely suspicious that everything Waddle Dee must be cut from Dedede's moveset... I'll hold off on congratulating y'all for now... but really, what else might this mean...?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
This is exciting that the Kirby characters have new smashes... well except MK. They should have changed his to a move maybe like how Dark Metaknight in Triple Deluxe makes those giant sword come out of the ground but whatever.

Still NO Waddle Dees at all. What can these bombs do? It'd be super useful if many of them landed all over the place.

Sheesh... if Bandana Dee isn't in the game with the major lack of Dee representation in the fight themselves, it'd be kind of crappy. Let's get Bandana Dee in here. Maybe they could give him Dedede's old final smash if they really don't have the time.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I need my Masked DeDeDe in my life. :cry:
Though seriously what does it do? Does he throw the bombs all over the place?Though a translation said it also sucks in opponents so I don't know.
Whaaatt... now I'm even more confused.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
He inhales his opponents to draw them closer and then hits them multiple times with his hammer, if I am correct. Basically, combine Luigi's new Final Smash and Link's Final Smash...

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I had a legit for real nightmare that Bandana Dee being deconfirmed and this thread being locked...

SPEED ALREADY DID THIS BUT I DON'T CARE! HOLY MAXIM TOMATOES DOES THIS HELP!
Do you have the translations anywhere?

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
You mean DDD final smash? It apparantly says that foes are sucked in and beaten with the hammer, the Dedede burst or something. I think it's from the manual and got leaked
Hmm. Interesting.

The fact that there are no moves involving Waddle Dees for King Dedede seems promising for Bandana Dee. The only thing left is to see his custom special moves. Well, besides actually seeing Bandana Dee in the game.

Sailor Waddle Dee

Smash Journeyman
Guys, what if Bandanna dee ends up being a Kirby clone?
Nah, that wouldn't make sense. how about a clone of Jigglypuff instead xD I'm sure Dee has a wonderful singing voice

I thought someone said that awhile back....
Anyway, could you tell me where you found that and what are the translations?
I tried to translate it, but my Japanese skills aren't very good, all I can tell you is that it's called the Dedeburst (yes only 2 "De"s)

It's great that his Final Smash doesn't disconfirm Bandana Dee, although I'm a little sad he doesn't have masked Dedede, I (like most) suspect Masked Dedede will probably be an alt costume now. so that's still cool.

It's great that the biggest threat to Bandana Dee is gone, I feel that now there is NOTHING holding him back. he has a real shot. and in just a few days we'll know if he made it :)

Top Bottom