• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
I find it HILARIOUS how anti-Bandana Dee think that the only reason Dedede's Final Smash was changed was because Waddle Dee's are smash run enemies, even though you can't use Final Smashes in Smash Run. :laugh:
if bandana isn't in the only reason is that frankly the big gay dance sucked <w> nothing to do with smash run

D

Deleted member

Um...

True Arena was really easy. I'll be honest, it was probably one of, if not the EASIEST, and I mean EASIEST Arena to date. I had more trouble with the regular Arena than I had with True Arena, to be honest. However, one thing I think some people have found out is that I don't care about difficulty in Kirby games - I study the overall design of the games, including backgrounds, music, sound effects, characters, animations, expressions, textures, palettes, etc. and I have a few things I would really like to get out, mostly about the palette choice on some of these upgraded bosses. I'll be posting either a bit later, or tomorrow about this, as I expect it to be fairly lengthy.
Really? How was the True Arena easier? I still find it difficult, if only for Pyribbit, Dark Meta Knight's first phase, and Soul of Sectonia's giant sphere attacks. Unless I use leaf.

WishOn

Smash Cadet
NNID
WishOn
3DS FC
4828-5426-2919
Bandana Dee's chances are rising, time to get hype!

D

Deleted member

Seeing all of this news gives me hope for Bandana Dee.
For now, I leave his chances at 50/50. I can see him get in the game while I can see him be flat-out ignored as well. We will have that answer next week.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Miiverse really doesn't have the smartest people. Then again, there was that one guy on YouTube who said Ridley and Bandana Dee were gag characters..

Anyways, does anyone have a link to the post about Bandana Dee by zipzo?

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Really? How was the True Arena easier? I still find it difficult, if only for Pyribbit, Dark Meta Knight's first phase, and Soul of Sectonia's giant sphere attacks. Unless I use leaf.
I think it helps if people try and use different powers to beat arena too that aren't OP like archer and stone. I think from a design point of view alone, the latest True Arena has more impressive boss attack patterns with more diverse moves.

Also nice to take into account power running. Did you drop your power? Did you do a no power run?

I really disagree myself but whatever. I find it odd to have a harder time finishing true arena in KSSU and RtDL when it was the opposite way for me. I found them a little more challenging but overall the bosses are easily more predictable in a matter of turns. So I beat both no prob with various powers. In KSSU I beat it with ALL powers. I haven't done all powers yet in Triple Deluxe x_x

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Waddle Dees don't even appear in Dedede's victory screen? Guys. I can see no other reason for all these changes to Dedede when Waddle Dee's model is already in the game... than... a playable appearance. I can't be sure, but that's definitely what everything's pointing to... That's crazy!

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Bandana Dee has literally nothing holding him back from being a playable character. I mean it's not explicitly teasing him ala Ridley in the Smash Direct, but Sakurai has created a situation that would allow Bandana Dee to be in.

I am hype.

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
So let's see:
1. No more Dedede using Waddle Dees.
2. No more Waddle Dees in Dedede's Final Smash.
3. No more Waddle Dees in Dedede's victory screen.
H-H-HYPE TIME!!! :colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
mario deconfirmed for being a regular plumber
luigi deconfirmed for being a regular plumber
DK deconfirmed for being a regular monkey
Diddy deconfirmed for being a regular monkey
peach deconfirmed for being a regular princess

the list goes on

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
mario deconfirmed for being a regular plumber
luigi deconfirmed for being a regular plumber
DK deconfirmed for being a regular monkey
Diddy deconfirmed for being a regular monkey
peach deconfirmed for being a regular princess

the list goes on
Yoshi deconfirmed for being a regular Yoshi
Pokemon deconfirmed for being regular Pokemon
Bowser deconifrmed for being a regular Koopa

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, it's still the morning so I have no idea if this will be as detailed as I can possibly make it, but hopefully it comes out right.

This True Arena is a lot easier than previous ones. While the bosses have been significantly improved compared to other installments, and have loads more tricks to use, it was still too easy. This is mainly because Kirby: Triple Deluxe has, BY FAR, the most over-powered Copy Abilities in the game. Some are blatantly obvious, such as the fact that Archer and Leaf are basically invincible, and some not so much, such as how Spear can rack up quite a lot of damage in a short time. One of the most over-powered features about most Copy Abilities is the invincibility frames. Just to list a few:

- Sword can string moves together, all of which make Kirby invincible. When going to attack a boss, use Drill Stab. Upward Slash, and then Sword Dive. and you'll rack up damage while remaining invincible. The jump that Kirby does when landing Sword Dive can be shoved backwards, so you avoid any hits. You can literally sit on bosses that are going to squish you, and the game will just push you out of their way.

- Plasma isn't as easy to use and over-powered as in Return to Dream Land, but it's still quite easy to use with the right timing. Spark Barrier basically gives you a shield so nothing can touch you unless it's physical, so no boss projectiles are going to be hurting you. Using a Spark Wave will get quite a bit damage, although you shouldn't expect a good time using this. It's more of a campy Copy Ability.

- Hammer, still one of the most over-powered Copy Abilities in the game, is the easiest to go through True Arena. Almost all of the Copy Abilities moves get invincibility frames, and they all hit HARD. Almost all speed-runs of Triple Deluxe's True Arena are done with Hammer.

-
Fire is one of the most under appreciated Copy Abilities in this game. Fire Breath can get in a lot of damage quite fast, and can be moved to hit bosses that are floating. Burn allows for quick damage, and gives complete invincibility. Using a Searing Burn at the end of Burn can let you get in a bit more damage, too. Fireball Inferno does a lot of damage, too.

- Beetle has invincibility frames on almost all attacks. The ability moves you out of the way so you can avoid getting hurt, too. This ability, with insane amounts of damage and almost unlimited invincibility frames, you're basically guaranteed a win.

- Archer is invincible. While using Camouflage, you're invincible to everything. Magic-Star Arrow does tremendous damage. Leaping Quiver allows for quick momentum and fast damage. OP OP OP OP OP OP OP

- Spear is another under appreciated Copy Ability. It has been significantly buffed since Return to Dream Land. Attacks are faster, hit harder, and are generally safer to use. One of the biggest buffs and the move that makes this ability so easy to run through True Arena is that using Spear Barrage comes out faster than probably every other move in the game. If you use it fast enough, you can basically float and move around from the momentum given left or right. Racking up damage is pretty easy with this.

- Wing, which is by far one of the most under appreciated Copy Abilities in the franchise as a whole, is just as great as it was in Return to Dream Land. For those who don't know, Dive-Bomb could be jump-cancelled in Return to Dream Land, making the Copy Ability have the highest DPS (Damage Per Second) in the whole game. The timing was fairly tricky, though, so not many people used it. However, Jump Cancelling the Dive-Bomb in Triple Deluxe is loads easier than before. Dive-Bomb gives Kirby invincibility, so using it above a boss and then jumping immediately when Kirby touches the boss lets him hit the boss and remain unharmed. Doing this in rapid succession allows for crazy amounts of damage. Other moves that Wing has, such as Condor Head and Condor Dive allows you to go through attacks and travel across the stage faster, while still being safe.

Now, I was thinking of listing each of the bosses present in True Arena, and how to easily beat them, what makes them easy, etc. but that would take quite a while, so all I think I need to say is this. ATTACK. DO NOT STOP UNTIL THE LAST SECOND YOU HAVE. GET IN AS MUCH DAMAGE AS POSSIBLE. That may sound a bit obvious, but it's not to many. When a boss is attacking you, teleporting around, moving, or just sitting there getting ready to attack, YOU ATTACK BACK. Don't stop until the very last second, when you try to either guard or dodge the attack as a whole. As an example, Queen Sectonia DX (not Soul) teleports around on her final stage before dying, and hits you by swinging down her swords. You don't sit and guard this or wait it out, YOU NEED TO ATTACK WHILE SHE'S ATTACKING YOU. I use this method on all the bosses and they become incredibly easy - don't stop attacking until truly needed, until the last frame. Try to use air-dodging instead of guarding to attack faster, whatever you need to do. You need to truly understand what this means to use it to it's full potential. I'm able to get Coil Rattler into his second stage (half health) right when the battle starts, before he even starts attacking you if I use it correctly.

Also, I'd like to say that I beat True Arena on my first try using this method, and I got damaged the most from:

1. Flowery Woods (yes, I took over half a health bar from him...)

2. Dark Meta Knight (most of my timing was wrong, so I got around a quarter of my health eaten)

3. Queen Sectonia's Soul (I only got hit like twice from her - running around and doing dodges lets you easily avoid her attacks.)

Most of the bosses didn't even get to hit me since most of their attacks get destroyed by Kirby's, which is a bit odd.

oh also if you don't go into Kracko's cannon thing and you just dodge the attack then float a bit, you can kill him a lot faster cause he doesn't to to the background

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
haha x3 if you use the hack to play as bandana in return and then go into arena with kirby and pick a skill and then turn into bandana once the thing starts, bandana dee's icon has the hat on it x3

thats adorable x3 if anybody wants a specific one tell me

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Okay, it's still the morning so I have no idea if this will be as detailed as I can possibly make it, but hopefully it comes out right.

This True Arena is a lot easier than previous ones. While the bosses have been significantly improved compared to other installments, and have loads more tricks to use, it was still too easy. This is mainly because Kirby: Triple Deluxe has, BY FAR, the most over-powered Copy Abilities in the game. Some are blatantly obvious, such as the fact that Archer and Leaf are basically invincible, and some not so much, such as how Spear can rack up quite a lot of damage in a short time. One of the most over-powered features about most Copy Abilities is the invincibility frames. Just to list a few:

- Sword can string moves together, all of which make Kirby invincible. When going to attack a boss, use Drill Stab. Upward Slash, and then Sword Dive. and you'll rack up damage while remaining invincible. The jump that Kirby does when landing Sword Dive can be shoved backwards, so you avoid any hits. You can literally sit on bosses that are going to squish you, and the game will just push you out of their way.

- Plasma isn't as easy to use and over-powered as in Return to Dream Land, but it's still quite easy to use with the right timing. Spark Barrier basically gives you a shield so nothing can touch you unless it's physical, so no boss projectiles are going to be hurting you. Using a Spark Wave will get quite a bit damage, although you shouldn't expect a good time using this. It's more of a campy Copy Ability.

- Hammer, still one of the most over-powered Copy Abilities in the game, is the easiest to go through True Arena. Almost all of the Copy Abilities moves get invincibility frames, and they all hit HARD. Almost all speed-runs of Triple Deluxe's True Arena are done with Hammer.

- Fire is one of the most under appreciated Copy Abilities in this game. Fire Breath can get in a lot of damage quite fast, and can be moved to hit bosses that are floating. Burn allows for quick damage, and gives complete invincibility. Using a Searing Burn at the end of Burn can let you get in a bit more damage, too. Fireball Inferno does a lot of damage, too.

- Beetle has invincibility frames on almost all attacks. The ability moves you out of the way so you can avoid getting hurt, too. This ability, with insane amounts of damage and almost unlimited invincibility frames, you're basically guaranteed a win.

- Archer is invincible. While using Camouflage, you're invincible to everything. Magic-Star Arrow does tremendous damage. Leaping Quiver allows for quick momentum and fast damage. OP OP OP OP OP OP OP

- Spear is another under appreciated Copy Ability. It has been significantly buffed since Return to Dream Land. Attacks are faster, hit harder, and are generally safer to use. One of the biggest buffs and the move that makes this ability so easy to run through True Arena is that using Spear Barrage comes out faster than probably every other move in the game. If you use it fast enough, you can basically float and move around from the momentum given left or right. Racking up damage is pretty easy with this.

- Wing, which is by far one of the most under appreciated Copy Abilities in the franchise as a whole, is just as great as it was in Return to Dream Land. For those who don't know, Dive-Bomb could be jump-cancelled in Return to Dream Land, making the Copy Ability have the highest DPS (Damage Per Second) in the whole game. The timing was fairly tricky, though, so not many people used it. However, Jump Cancelling the Dive-Bomb in Triple Deluxe is loads easier than before. Dive-Bomb gives Kirby invincibility, so using it above a boss and then jumping immediately when Kirby touches the boss lets him hit the boss and remain unharmed. Doing this in rapid succession allows for crazy amounts of damage. Other moves that Wing has, such as Condor Head and Condor Dive allows you to go through attacks and travel across the stage faster, while still being safe.

Now, I was thinking of listing each of the bosses present in True Arena, and how to easily beat them, what makes them easy, etc. but that would take quite a while, so all I think I need to say is this. ATTACK. DO NOT STOP UNTIL THE LAST SECOND YOU HAVE. GET IN AS MUCH DAMAGE AS POSSIBLE. That may sound a bit obvious, but it's not to many. When a boss is attacking you, teleporting around, moving, or just sitting there getting ready to attack, YOU ATTACK BACK. Don't stop until the very last second, when you try to either guard or dodge the attack as a whole. As an example, Queen Sectonia DX (not Soul) teleports around on her final stage before dying, and hits you by swinging down her swords. You don't sit and guard this or wait it out, YOU NEED TO ATTACK WHILE SHE'S ATTACKING YOU. I use this method on all the bosses and they become incredibly easy - don't stop attacking until truly needed, until the last frame. Try to use air-dodging instead of guarding to attack faster, whatever you need to do. You need to truly understand what this means to use it to it's full potential. I'm able to get Coil Rattler into his second stage (half health) right when the battle starts, before he even starts attacking you if I use it correctly.

Also, I'd like to say that I beat True Arena on my first try using this method, and I got damaged the most from:

2. Dark Meta Knight (most of my timing was wrong, so I got around a quarter of my health eaten)

3. Queen Sectonia's Soul (I only got hit like twice from her - running around and doing dodges lets you easily avoid her attacks.)

Most of the bosses didn't even get to hit me since most of their attacks get destroyed by Kirby's, which is a bit odd.

oh also if you don't go into Kracko's cannon thing and you just dodge the attack then float a bit, you can kill him a lot faster cause he doesn't to to the background
Dear Nova my poor scroll wheel!

kirby_queen

Smash Lord

- Fire is one of the most under appreciated Copy Abilities in this game. Fire Breath can get in a lot of damage quite fast, and can be moved to hit bosses that are floating. Burn allows for quick damage, and gives complete invincibility. Using a Searing Burn at the end of Burn can let you get in a bit more damage, too. Fireball Inferno does a lot of damage, too.

Well I didn't use any of the cheap powers other than archer and that was for my first run. This game is easy if you do fight it with Beetle, hammer, and plasma for sure. it's easy to do any of the arenas for sure when doing the cheap stuff.

I think that's really the same case across all games really. Still think this Arena is the best one and the trickiest if you're not abusing beetle especially for sure.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Well I didn't use any of the cheap powers other than archer and that was for my first run. This game is easy if you do fight it with Beetle, hammer, and plasma for sure. it's easy to do any of the arenas for sure when doing the cheap stuff.

I think that's really the same case across all games really. Still think this Arena is the best one and the trickiest if you're not abusing beetle especially for sure.
Yeah, but this game has so much more over-powered Copy Abilities than others. No Power runs are still really hard, though. Also, I think you mentioned this earlier, and this has been happening to me SO MUCH ON MY CIRCUS RUNS. I always get to Queen Sectonia Soul with Circus, and the changing platforms, at least for Circus, ARE HELL. Somersault sends you off the platforms into your death, Fire-Hoop Jump ends up flinging you off the platforms, Ball Balance is an un-safe move as you can end up getting hurt out of it, and you can't move much while doing it or you'll be near an edge, and Baton has no invincibility so you'll end up getting hit because of how long the move takes to use. The only moves I can actually do are Trampoline, one of the weakest moves, and Balloon Pop Art, which only has a couple of frames of invincibility. It's so annoying...

haha x3 if you use the hack to play as bandana in return and then go into arena with kirby and pick a skill and then turn into bandana once the thing starts, bandana dee's icon has the hat on it x3

oh god I found this out when I was switching in the middle of a map for Energy Spheres

i don't have Dolphin so I can't take screenshots but get one of Bomb to show everyone cause it's so cuuteeee

Sorry, I'd rather be friends, so no food regurgitation shall be shared
DO YOU NEED SOME EXTRA HEALTH

---

ALSO, THIS IS MAJOR

Anybody who really knows me knows that I am addicted to the Mirror ability from Kirby: Super Star and Super Star Ultra. I always try to get it when I'm playing the game, cause I loooove it. I may potentially start liking Circus more. I'M NOT SURE YET, BUT THE MORE I PLAY WITH CIRCUS THE MORE I REALIZE HOW AWESOME IT IS AND HOW CUTE KIRBY IS AND HOW MUCH I LOVE IT AND OH MY GOD HE'S WEARING A ****ING CIRCUS ON HIS HEAD LIKE WHO CAN'T DIE OF ADORABLENESS FROM THAT

THE HAT EVEN HAS AN ADORABLE ****ING FACE ON IT OH MY GOD

AND LOOK AT KIRBY HE'S SO CUTE HE'S SO HAPPY HE'S SO KIRBY CIRCUS

CIRCUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

MIRROR VS CIRCUS

I JUST DON'T KNOW

we need a Mirror reboot cause Mirror has like no moves

D

Deleted member

ultra ablilties give meta knight hats as well

Last edited by a moderator:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I'm doing a test on Miverse to see why Bandana Dee DEEtractors say he shouldn't be playable

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
---

ALSO, THIS IS MAJOR

Anybody who really knows me knows that I am addicted to the Mirror ability from Kirby: Super Star and Super Star Ultra. I always try to get it when I'm playing the game, cause I loooove it. I may potentially start liking Circus more. I'M NOT SURE YET, BUT THE MORE I PLAY WITH CIRCUS THE MORE I REALIZE HOW AWESOME IT IS AND HOW CUTE KIRBY IS AND HOW MUCH I LOVE IT AND OH MY GOD HE'S WEARING A ****ING CIRCUS ON HIS HEAD LIKE WHO CAN'T DIE OF ADORABLENESS FROM THAT

THE HAT EVEN HAS AN ADORABLE ****ING FACE ON IT OH MY GOD

AND LOOK AT KIRBY HE'S SO CUTE HE'S SO HAPPY HE'S SO KIRBY CIRCUS

CIRCUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

MIRROR VS CIRCUS

I JUST DON'T KNOW

we need a Mirror reboot cause Mirror has like no moves
**** YEAH MIRROR! Only that ability wasn't in Amazing Mirror. And it has some of the goddamn best moves! That dash attack...Bliss...

Also, what do you guys think when someone says BDee can't be playable? My thoughts are then:

Top Bottom