• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

Hey, look! More proof that Bandana Dee's a main character!

He shows up in the background with the other two main characters, Meta Knight and Dedede.

He also shows up at the end. For anyone to think he's not a main character now is absurd. I mean, I thought that the statue from Triple Deluxe was enough, but now there's this.

Fun Fact: Meta Knight is doing his recovery from Brawl.
Seems to go hand in hand with the Triple Deluxe secret ending… Except for one thing. Only Kirby and Bandana Dee are in the secret ending with KSSU styled sprites in the foreground, making the Dee even more important than Meta Knight, who doesn't even show up. :kirby:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Seems to go hand in hand with the Triple Deluxe secret ending… Except for one thing. Only Kirby and Bandana Dee are in the secret ending with KSSU styled sprites in the foreground, making the Dee even more important than Meta Knight, who doesn't even show up. :kirby:
Is there a rip of that sprite anywhere? I'm a sprite artist and I want to try and edit that. Actually I made this sheet:

D

Deleted member

Is there a rip of that sprite anywhere? I'm a sprite artist and I want to try and edit that. Actually I made this sheet:

I took that pic myself and posted it to Miiverse since I haven't found it online and needed it for this thread. To be honest I think you could recreate it with that as a template since I haven't found a rip yet.
Edit:
Closest thing to a rip I can find.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Doesn't matter that much. He can be in a Bandana Dee trailer anyway. It helps the Dee's chances since Rosalina was revealed after Luigi and Peach. And Robin/Lucina was after Marth and Ike.

FireTheWFT

Smash Cadet
NNID
Firemaya
Oh my

Seems like Sakurai is either referencing Bandana Dee in a way, or just thought it'd be nice to have Metaknight attacking a Waddle Dee just because.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Well with no Kirby vet left to be a secret, I guess I have to resign myself into accepting that a standard enemy with a bandana and spear may very well have been deemed good enough to be a newcomer.

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Still no new Kirby stage yet to be seen. Seems suspicious...:smirk:

Last edited:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Well....... at least people can't use the point that MK needs to be confirmed first......although this hopefully means Bandana Dee is next

Edit:Also I just noticed apparently the new multi men are miis...... making the "generic enemy" point even less useable.

Last edited:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Well....... at least people can't use the point that MK needs to be confirmed first......although this hopefully means Bandana Dee is next
as stated earlier, it was a trend with the other newcomers that a already shown vet shows up in a new guys trailer, robin marth ike ect ect. So 100% possible!

i also find it peculiar that they chose to show meta knight now.

why now?

why not on the anniversary?

odd odd odd

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Completed Brawl series line ups(with more than one rep):

Mario. Gained a newcomer in Rosalina.

Fire Emblem. Was meant to have three in Brawl. Gained an additional character on top of that.

Kirby. Newcomer?

Maybe. Or maybe it's a terrible pattern idea. Still; the hour of Dee is at hand. Let us see which way the spear falls; will we fall upon it, or shall it fall upon thine enemies?

Edit: oops, forgot DK had only two in Brawl too.

Last edited:

Camc10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Cam10_84
3DS FC
3625-9535-8650
With the lack of any new content (besides Smash run enemies and a remix of Green Greens) I really think Bandanna Dee is going to be a part of a Kirby blowout trailer.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
I'm betting Bandana Dee will be an unlockable character most likely and won't get shown until release.

I really hope that we get an actual real leak with surmountable prove like a picture or something.

D

Deleted member

Glad to see Meta Knight finally get confirmed! It was about damn time too!
I just wonder what this means for our friend with the bandana. If he's playable, I think that he might be a secret character.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I took that pic myself and posted it to Miiverse since I haven't found it online and needed it for this thread. To be honest I think you could recreate it with that as a template since I haven't found a rip yet.
Edit:
Closest thing to a rip I can find.
What's ironic is those actually ARE from Super Star Ultra's Credits. Silly HAL, reusing sprites all up in dis.
And yeah, I'm excited as all Hale to have my main back. Here's hoping that Bandana Dee joins the trio! :D

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
METAKNIGHT FOR SMASH. Awesome but so disappointed that our idea for a reveal trailer didn't happen for him and Bandana Dee. How are you folks feeling about his chances now?

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
i dont think this really hurts his chances, with the trend running with newcomer releases i think it slightly increases the chances too

edsett

Smash Apprentice
Looks like people are still using the Parasol Waddle Dee in Smash Run argument again... if Bandana Dee doesn't get in it wouldn't have anything to do with the Smash Run enemies.
While this mean that there isn't anymore Kirby veterans that can be secret but it can also imply that there are no secret characters at all. I don't think this hurts his chances that much. I think that the non-reveal of King Dedede FS is worrying because Bandana Dee could easily be part of it. Still there is a large lack of Kirby content in the game with STILL no new Kirby stage.

Bottom line is that I'm so hyped that Mega Knight is returning. I've been waiting for him for months and he looks awesome.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Looks like people are still using the Parasol Waddle Dee in Smash Run argument again... if Bandana Dee doesn't get in it wouldn't have anything to do with the Smash Run enemies.
While this mean that there isn't anymore Kirby veterans that can be secret but it can also imply that there are no secret characters at all. I don't think this hurts his chances that much. I think that the non-reveal of King Dedede FS is worrying because Bandana Dee could easily be part of it. Still there is a large lack of Kirby content in the game with STILL no new Kirby stage.

Bottom line is that I'm so hyped that Mega Knight is returning. I've been waiting for him for months and he looks awesome.
Yeah I'm super excited for MK's return!!!! I can't stand the Smash Run argument. Hasn't it already been refuted by the fact that Rob was an enemy in another game mode and yet Rob was a playable character? Waddle Dees won't make a different since they're just standard. If Bandana Dee doesn't make it into Smash it will have nothing to do with that and probably more to do with Sakurai worrying about his own characters being perceived as getting special treatment. (That they deserve! especially because he didn't put a lot of Kirby characters in at the beginning of the franchise's creation. Dedede could and should have been in since Melee and wasn't.) It would be silly reluctances like that.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Bandanna dee is still alive.There's no way it's over.I refuse.Bandanna dee is my #1 character.So i'm crossing my fingers that he gets revealed before all is set and done

Phoenixian_Majesty

Smash Rookie
Having a spear instantly gives him a lot of move-set viability - As its a unique weapon that nobody else in smash has. I'd like to see smashes that have long reach, where the tip hits hard, but the shaft just does mediocre damage to opponents, making it so you have to position his smashes wisely.

If kirby has a shot at a fourth character, Weddle Dee it is. I mean - Who's his competition? Marx, Daroach, Glacta Knight (Perfect for an MK alt) and the various incarnations of Zero? As awesome as some of them could be, Waddle Dee is a recurring playable kirby character. Putting him in smash is no different than putting yoshi in for mario.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
You guys seem to freak out every time a Waddle Dee shows up. :p

Anyway, Bandana Dee isn't dead. I'm more inclined to believe he will be DLC though. I'm slightly disappointed in no dual Bandana Dee and meta knight trailer though. *Shrugs*

D

Deleted member

I'm surprised at how many of you guys think that we were getting a Meta Knight and Bandana Waddle Dee dual reveal (I considered it, but thought we would get MK on the site/MK would be secret after the Mii Mask was shown off). Charizard was a special case since he was the only remaining part of the Pokemon Trainer. Captain Falcon was from a different franchise, and that probably isn't getting a newcomer (plus he is Captain Falcon). Meta Knight was far more likely to be revealed on the site, and thats good that it happened because of the pattern with newcomer reveals: They only happen for old franchises when all the veterans from Brawl have been confirmed (besides Jigglypuff, but she is a secret character). Now that all the Kirby veterans have been confirmed, we can hope for the Dee in a trailer Pre-Release. And the Waddle Dee from Smash Run in a Meta Knight pic? We can chalk that up to Sakurai teasing (if you're optimistic) or Sakurai referencing the Waddle Dees Meta Knight beats up in KRtD.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
A bit sad that there's no MK/BD reveal but at least Meta Knight has them sexy Ridley wings :p and that waddle dee picture seems a bit suspicious to me. I think that this increases Dee's probability as a secret unlockable.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
This is a good sign for B dee and a direct in general. Get out reps but be a little vauge on them so far to keep the direct packed. that and the stages have also bean vauge. I think we will soon get a new trailer with the direct and with it there will be bandana dee. But on the flip side the direct is B. Dee's last chance at coming into smash. He's not as big or hype enough throughout the community to get revealed as last minute hype. Here's hopeing he comes around soon.

Also, slightly off topic, how does one put color to their messages?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
OK, I'm back.
Meta Knight looks cool.
And yes, this doesn't disconfirm Bandana Dee.

Also...Sakurai?! Where is the New Kirby Stage?!

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
as stated earlier, it was a trend with the other newcomers that a already shown vet shows up in a new guys trailer, robin marth ike ect ect. So 100% possible!

i also find it peculiar that they chose to show meta knight now.

why now?

why not on the anniversary?

odd odd odd
I'd say he didn't do it then because it was too predictable. Does he always follow anniversaries like that? Or just, sometimes?

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight actually confirmed! (On mobile so I can't get the pics sorry)

Now that we have the Kirby Roster from Brawl in, maybe Sakurai wants to complete the cast of Kirby characters, hmmmmm?

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Meta Knight actually confirmed! (On mobile so I can't get the pics sorry)

Now that we have the Kirby Roster from Brawl in, maybe Sakurai wants to complete the cast of Kirby characters, hmmmmm?
We can only hope. I hope Chandelure's former avatar comes to righthood. Bandana Dee spearing Ridley's head because he got in while that stupid purple space dragon didn't.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is a good sign for B dee and a direct in general. Get out reps but be a little vauge on them so far to keep the direct packed. that and the stages have also bean vauge. I think we will soon get a new trailer with the direct and with it there will be bandana dee. But on the flip side the direct is B. Dee's last chance at coming into smash. He's not as big or hype enough throughout the community to get revealed as last minute hype. Here's hopeing he comes around soon.

Also, slightly off topic, how does one put color to their messages?
Bandanna Dee could still be a hidden unlock-able character, I would not assert that the Direct is his last chance. Even so, I would have found the likelihood of a trailer reveal higher if Meta Knight was NOT revealed as it could have been a double reveal in the same vein as Greninja/Charizard or Falcon/Robin.

Top Bottom