• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bandana Dee, the Spear Master! (v(- ' ' -)>↑ ~ Dee wait is killing us...

Do you want Bandana Dee in SSB4?

• Total voters

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not insulting them.
Regardless, Bandanna Dee's chances are not relevant to Ridley's chances, therefore the discussion is not necessarily material. It does not really contribute to the thread.

I am new to the whole 3DS hats thing, but I believe that there is a Bandanna Dee hat that is unlock-able. I am trying to figure out how to get it so that my Mii can just wear the Bandanna Dee hat in the event that he is not playable.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Regardless, Bandanna Dee's chances are not relevant to Ridley's chances, therefore the discussion is not necessarily material. It does not really contribute to the thread.

I am new to the whole 3DS hats thing, but I believe that there is a Bandanna Dee hat that is unlock-able. I am trying to figure out how to get it so that my Mii can just wear the Bandanna Dee hat in the event that he is not playable.
firstly, stop backseat modding. Secondly, I was merely stating that I hope Bandana Dee is playable, and Ridley is not. It's the ultimate switcheroo.

Edit: 3000th post!

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle

Yup, you can get the waddle dee hat from the exchange booth but you need the purchasable Streetpass Mii Plaza games though in order to get it. But it's worth paying for if it's for the Dee! :)

firstly, stop backseat modding. Secondly, I was merely stating that I hope Bandana Dee is playable, and Ridley is not. It's the ultimate switcheroo.

Edit: 3000th post!
Yay! Congrats, it's an honor to have your 3000th post here. :D

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yup, you can get the waddle dee hat from the exchange booth but you need the purchasable Streetpass Mii Plaza games though in order to get it. But it's worth paying for if it's for the Dee! :)

Yay! Congrats, it's an honor to have your 3000th post here. :D
ugh, I can't afford those streetpass games yet.... and I was gonna buy Punch-Out!! too...

D

Deleted member

ugh, I can't afford those streetpass games yet.... and I was gonna buy Punch-Out!! too...
If you were only going to get those games for a Bandana Dee streetpass hat, then wait for the japanese release to see if Dee is playable.
I hope that Ridley and Bandanna Dee are playable.
A trailer with Ridley and K. Rool wrecking the heroes and the Kirby 4 arrive on a warpstar to save the day would be a life come true.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I just wanted to say that I think that the Bandana Dee fanbase is probably the nicest and most humble one on this forum. Do you think that Meta Knight attacking that Waddle Dee was a deconfirmation? I think way back, Sakurai did the same thing with Toad, where Link shot an arrow at him. :o

D

Deleted member

I just wanted to say that I think that the Bandana Dee fanbase is probably the nicest and most humble one on this forum. Do you think that Meta Knight attacking that Waddle Dee was a deconfirmation? I think way back, Sakurai did the same thing with Toad, where Link shot an arrow at him. :o
No, it is not even close to a disconfirmation. Bandana Dee is not a regular Waddle Dee, those are enemies in Smash Run. It is merely referencing the fact that Waddle Dees are beaten up by Meta Knight in Return to Dreamland. As for Link shooting an arrow at Toad, Toad is a counter move. He needed something to counter.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Banananada Dee still have a shot. Just give some time.

Many Very importants characters are desconfirm.(I think Ridley is gone...)
Look Chrom, Takamaru and Skull Kid. All desconfirm and Bandana Dee still struggling and surviving. Like he said:
Also...Sakurai?! Where is the New Kirby Stage?!
There not yet a new kirby stage. Its own pet, mascot and world that he created.

Is love of kirby is still strong seen I saw the E3 groundtable. He grab the Kirby Amiibo all the Time until start playing Smash Run, that means, the ends of the Show.

I kwon there gonna be more kirby stuff but there gonna be hidden in some way...

Last edited:

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
Can't say the Kirby stage will be saved for a Wii U discussion because we don't even have a 3DS Kirby stage yet, so where's the logic in that?

I also don't think Meta Knight necessarily deconfirms him either. I mean, since he's already been confirmed it makes for a bigger chance for Dedede to have a more prominent role in the hypothetical trailer.

Originally I had considered Meta Knight would be shown with him similar to the Greninja/Charizard reveal, but if that were the case, wouldn't have only revealed Meta Knight first and not Dedede instead? (I mean, Dedede is more relevant after all.)

But from the looks of it, we'll be getting a Robin/Lucina trailer. Unknown if we'll get a veteran or not with him, but based on Captain Falcon's appearance, it proves that characters don't always need to be relevant to get announced together. With that being said, what veteran do you think would get announced with Bandana Dee since there's none left from Kirby?

One more thing, King Dedede's Final Smash could be an issue, but I think Sakurai would want to use Masked Dedede instead when given the chance, I mean, look at Giga Mac. I don't think he's an Assist Trophy, since Bandana Dee is more important than Knuckle Joe is. The only thing left is Stage Hazard, but I doubt it considering we have Whispy Woods, Kracko, etc.

I would have at least thought we would see a Bandana Dee Assist Trophy by now if he is one. (We haven't seen one for Issac either. Or Barbara the Bat.)

We still have the hint of the Green Greens remix. And did anyone else notice how the Melee Fire Emblem theme was in Robin and Lucina's trailer? Green Greens is also from Melee, so maybe there's that?

Last edited:

Makaronileo

Smash Journeyman
No Double reveal, it seems.
I find it more likliler that The Dee is Secret than he gets a own trailer.

And also, would u rather have The dee in As a semiclone of Meta Knight Or no Dee at all.

Shiny Porygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShinyPory
No Double reveal, it seems.
I find it more likliler that The Dee is Secret than he gets a own trailer.

And also, would u rather have The dee in As a semiclone of Meta Knight Or no Dee at all.
That.. wouldn't work at all. Bandana Dee's weapon and fighting style is completely different from Meta Knight's. This is even proven in Return to Dreamland.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I think if Bandana Dee is in, he'd be a secret character without a trailer.

Is he really popular enough to where a reveal trailer so close to release would generate more hype?

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hey, I'm curious.
Do you guys think Bandanna Dee should have multiple jumps, or just 2?
I know in return to dreamland he had multiple jumps, but that was so he could platform like the other three, it doesn't feel right to me. I think he should only have 2 jumps.

LF2K

Floor Diver
He probably would only have 2 jumps. The Waddle Copter would make up for his lack of multi-jumping skills.

D

Deleted member

I know in return to dreamland he had multiple jumps, but that was so he could platform like the other three, it doesn't feel right to me. I think he should only have 2 jumps.
I think that he will only have two jumps, but a Spear Copter recovery would definitely make up for his lack of multiple jumps. Just two jumps and an amazing recovery.

Burigu

Smash Ace
So that ridiculous leak that said that Meta Knight would be revealded at Bandana Dee's video at the comic con NOW is completely dead right? I mean it was pretty dead after the cheap and unbelievable excuse the leaker gave "the video got corrupted" LOL what?

Last edited:

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Unless of course, there is an anti-BDee fanbase. Then take a spear and shank them.
I am pretty sure that smash does not have a character hate fan base. Now, the sonic fandom on the other hand.,.,..,.. But yeah, shank the haters.

D

Deleted member

Hey, I'm curious.
I think he will have 2 jumps, but I want him to have 6. Especially because characters like Pit have multiple jumps and amazing Up Specials.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
To keep a pattern, I would prefer if he have multiples jumps, as all kirby reps in the game.

And yes, pit have multiple jumps and a great recovery, so it would not be broken.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
To keep a pattern, I would prefer if he have multiples jumps, as all kirby reps in the game.

And yes, pit have multiple jumps and a great recovery, so it would not be broken.
I think it's less-so a matter of balance and moreso a matter of it just being weird in the context of Smash. Every multi-jump character either has wings or puffs themselves out. Bandana Waddle Dee being able to triple jump without a reason would alienate the people who haven't played Kirby games into thinking "This thing has so many jumps for no reason!", which of course would reflect badly on Bandana's reception.

Besides that, patterns mean nothing to gameplay. I'd rather have a grounded Kirby character in the form of Bandana Waddle Dee. Would you honestly rather him be less unique in being an aerial just like every other Kirby character? Fire Emblem already has the "Our series is blue-haired sword-wielding Lords" syndrome, let's not give it to the Kirby series too in the form of "Our series is balls that can FLY".
Having a spear instantly gives him a lot of move-set viability - As its a unique weapon that nobody else in smash has. I'd like to see smashes that have long reach, where the tip hits hard, but the shaft just does mediocre damage to opponents, making it so you have to position his smashes wisely.

If kirby has a shot at a fourth character, Weddle Dee it is. I mean - Who's his competition? Marx, Daroach, Glacta Knight (Perfect for an MK alt) and the various incarnations of Zero? As awesome as some of them could be, Waddle Dee is a recurring playable kirby character. Putting him in smash is no different than putting yoshi in for mario.
I'd also just like to say that you literally just described Marth word for word, a character we've had for 3 games now. His spear gives him moveset viability, but we have to dig deeper than that in order to really get at what would really make him unique. Having a "spike" effect at the tip, for example, would make him unique as the game's only "anti-aerial fighter" character that beats aerial characters from fighting on the ground rather than by simply being a better aerial character.

Everyone here understands perfectly well of how Bandana Waddle Dee would be a good character, but I've definitely run into my fair share of detractors who think being "another Marth" in the way I explained above makes him anything but unique. We need to think beyond that if we want to trump their negative-nancy outlook on Bandana.

Last edited:

smileMasky

Smash Ace
NNID
TPPyro
3DS FC
1349-6667-1990
I don't think this is the right place to talk about this but.... we are almost at mid-August you think we will get a general direct at all because I've been dying for big news for smash bros. I know we just got meta knight revealed but that still left me hungry for more.....

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
I think it's less-so a matter of balance and moreso a matter of it just being weird in the context of Smash. Every multi-jump character either has wings or puffs themselves out. Bandana Waddle Dee being able to triple jump without a reason would alienate the people who haven't played Kirby games into thinking "This thing has so many jumps for no reason!", which of course would reflect badly on Bandana's reception.

Besides that, patterns mean nothing to gameplay. I'd rather have a grounded Kirby character in the form of Bandana Waddle Dee. Would you honestly rather him be less unique in being an aerial just like every other Kirby character? Fire Emblem already has the "Our series is blue-haired sword-wielding Lords" syndrome, let's not give it to the Kirby series too in the form of "Our series is balls that can FLY".
Thinking like sakurai, I would like to keep patterns just for a simple standard, and really, bandanna could multi jump like all others helpers that can't fly do in SuperStar/SuperStar Ultra. He could even add that light sprinkle on each of his jumps.
There you go, you have he multi jumping with reasons and better, making association with a kirby game. No people who haven't played kirby would be thinking wrong.

And I know patterns doesn't mean nothing to gameplay, that is just a peculiarity that for concidence or not, seems to have being spead to all kirby reps (and jiggs), mainly because it reflects the situation of the kirby games ifself, where a bigger number of jumps is almost always present. It is a series of balls that can fly, and there is nothing wrong with that, I love it. It does not make it less unique.
I would have bandanna even grounded, he just need to get in. :bee:

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
Just came back from GameFAQS, and I can't wait for BD's confirmation even more (if he does). Just to laugh at them even more.

Lloyd91

Smash Apprentice
Just came back from GameFAQS, and I can't wait for BD's confirmation even more (if he does). Just to laugh at them even more.
Can you send me a link to where it is the worst? I wanna read it with a bowl of popcorn. Still, trust me, the people that are in IGN comments are truly the scum of the web.
I don't think this is the right place to talk about this but.... we are almost at mid-August you think we will get a general direct at all because I've been dying for big news for smash bros. I know we just got meta knight revealed but that still left me hungry for more.....
I don't know, either there will be a suprise direct, or we will get the rest after September. I know what you mean, the intensity is killing me!
I think he will have 2 jumps, but I want him to have 6. Especially because characters like Pit have multiple jumps and amazing Up Specials.
I agree for 2 jumps. There is no real reason they can use as to why he could float like with DDD.

D

Deleted member

It would be cool if a Bandana Dee hat was confirmed tomorrow, just because. What would we do!?!?

Edit: Maybe detractors would say disconfirmed since he was shown off, but we would say 100% confirmed because only playable characters have this treatment. Oh yeah, I feel like I have too many posts for joining yesterday :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:

BandanaDee

Smash Journeyman
Why would i want mario in this game? He's jut a plumber with a stupid hat.

These guys don't know anything if all they're doing is judging a character by VISUAL DESIGN rather than personality, feats, importance, re-occurrence, ect ect ect

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I just want a Return to Dreamland-styled video where Bandana Dee is confirmed.

and magolor comes back in the lor starcutter and they beat the **** out of him and hes all like

"Maybe I'll get my chance... another day."

Last edited:

LF2K

Floor Diver
If they were to tease Waddle Dee's bandana, they could use the same Mii that wore Meta Knight's mask.

"Pic of the day. This hat thief didn't learn his lesson. Now he's wearing the underdog's bandana."

Last edited:
Top Bottom